Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  3800SC Re-Do after kitcarmans piece of SH!T Lots of Pics and Questions (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
3800SC Re-Do after kitcarmans piece of SH!T Lots of Pics and Questions by JimmyS
Started on: 01-21-2007 07:01 PM
Replies: 197
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 05-16-2009 10:30 AM
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
A piston blowing either apart or chunks is a good sign that KR blew the engine, a spun rod bearing is either a loss of oil pressure due to oil pump failure or the oil being contaminated with prestone rendering it useless. That or the rod bearing cap not being properly torqued which I have seen done before when a person drops a few caps to inspect the bearings trying to decide whether or not to rebuild and doesn't properly re-torque the bolts. In my opinion this engine blew due to the incompetence of the person assembling this engine. Not because he was rushed as some would suggest but because he did not do the job he was paid to do and tried save himself a few bucks by trying to pass of an engine that was not what the customer had paid for. The super charger is clearly off a 97 and the engine was not supposed to be a 97. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
What all do I need to do to eliminate the evap? I was looking at zzperformance to purchase 1 of their pcms and in the list it shows Rear O2, evap and EGR deleted. I already did the EGR part and now need to know what to do to ge rid of the evap and O2.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
You still need to run some kind of evap using a charcoal cannister so why not just run the evap system. One other thing is if you want ZZ performance to program your PCM save the money and get LLoyd or some one else as lloyd does them for ZZ and they just mark up the price. (I am by no way reccomending Lloyd or any thing just reporting what I know.) I can see having the EGR removed to keep the intake and SC cleaner and even removing the second O2 to prevent check engine lights when not using a second O2. There is a lot that can be done for performance with the PCM especially with modified engines and the best way to get that is to have the PCM programmed in your car fully tuning it to your car not a generic program that works for a broad range of engine mods. Dan
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I am confused..lloyds site says $125.00 and zzp only wants $70.00
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Ok now that is strange as a customer of mine a while ago contacted ZZ performance for a PCM for a Fiero 3800SC swap and the guy told him that Lloyd does them for him and he should send it directly to Lloyd and say it is going through ZZ. Maybe he is now cutting them a deal or they found some one else due to long waiting times. Either way $70 sounds a lot better than $125 and they probably have them in stock. Dan
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Ok now that is strange as a customer of mine a while ago contacted ZZ performance for a PCM for a Fiero 3800SC swap and the guy told him that Lloyd does them for him and he should send it directly to Lloyd and say it is going through ZZ. Maybe he is now cutting them a deal or they found some one else due to long waiting times. Either way $70 sounds a lot better than $125 and they probably have them in stock. Dan

The $79 for the ZZP PCM is without the EGR/EVAP/O2 delete. Start adding for them to be deleted and the price goes up by $25 not to mention there are many other things that get deleted in the PCM when used in the Fiero. Without those deleted you will get random codes thrown that will set off the service light. . ZZP is still cheaper than $125 but you will not get the support from ZZP that you will from Loyde. Loyde has over the phone support anytime of the day and will go that extra distance to help you out in any way he can. He has tuned my 3800 car for the past 2 years and I am very happy with the results.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
OK I just got off the phone with loyde and I am sending him my PCM tomorrow by Priorty Mail. I am hopeing to start this new motor for the first time on the weekend of the 17th.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I got the tranny cleaned up and painted.

dudewithoutfiero came down and helped me get the engine mounted to the tranny and cradle.

Here she is all mounted.

I should have my exhaust parts back this Wednesday and will put them on as soon as they come back. Loyde should have my PCM back by next weekend (I hope). I will be working on the wiring tomorrow and this week. I still have hopes of starting her by the weekend of the 17th.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I am now working on re-doing the wiring. I need a little help identifying which injector plug goes to which injector on the back side of the motor closest the firewall. I have 1 plug with a black wire w/ a white stripe and a white wire. I have 1 plug with a black wire and a white wire. I have 1 plug with a white wire w/ a black stripe and a white wire. which 1 goes closet to the throttle body, the center and the supercharger snout?
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure the white wires are not pink ones that have fadded to white as with injector wires one is pink and the other coloured to identify which connector it is. With than on the 3800 the fire wall side in the Fiero has injector 1, 3 and 5 from right to left. the trunk side is 2,4 and 6 also from right to left or from pulleys to tranny if that makes sense. #1 is a black wire, #3 is a pink/black wire and #5 is a black/white wire. #2 is lt green/black, #4 is lt blue/black and #6 is yellow/black. Dan
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info FIEROFLYER. I appreciate it very much.

Well here is what I started off with today.

Here is the start of the front injectors.

Here is the front all finished up.

Here is a pic of the back injectors complete.

Here is the mess that is still left to do.

When I get off work tomorrow I will be back at it so check back tomorrow night for some more updates.
PFF
System Bot
gladiator

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed something... are those compression fittings you're using on your fuel rail? I'd never heard of using them for that purpose. I know they're a big no-no for brake lines (too much potential for failure under the higher pressure). Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, your re-do looks much better than the original. Keep up the good work.

Gary

Also, how did you do your A/C lines? What vehicles did you source your parts from for this?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by gladiator (edited 02-12-2007).]

tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
Can you give some more information on the fuel rails. How are the barbed fittings attached to the rail?
allsho80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for allsho80Send a Private Message to allsho80Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

You definalty got screwed on this install, not saying its your fault at all but this is what happens when you rush someone that is doing work like this. I know he said he would have it done on a certain date and that date came and went but things like this cant be rushed.

On the brake cleaner, do not use it on your rotors, it will eat the teflon off them and thats not good. Just pull the rotors out and then you can use a clener on the SC case and the LIM. To get rid of the EGR, you will need 2 block off plates that can be made at the house. Without the EGR you will not have oil build up in your TB and into your SC.

You sound just like Chris West and Loyde (you can't rush on this wire harness) While Chris took a year with no progress and Loyde took 6 months with no progress. Rush my @#$%! PBJ got new harnesses and built the harnesses, sent me pics of it completed and shipped it all in 5 days!!!!!!! And for half the cost!!!!! and I didn't have to say one word to Pete about hurrying.....Can't rush....LOL. Right! This guy got ripped off like so many others out here. Thats why I spread the word too.

Tell them how it is dude, let the rest of us know who can be trusted.
O....And Thanks Pete!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gladiator:

Just noticed something... are those compression fittings you're using on your fuel rail? I'd never heard of using them for that purpose. I know they're a big no-no for brake lines (too much potential for failure under the higher pressure). Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, your re-do looks much better than the original. Keep up the good work.

Gary

Also, how did you do your A/C lines? What vehicles did you source your parts from for this?

Thanks

I honestly can't tell you what was used on the fuel rails or even how it was done. The way they sit now is the way JR did them.
As for the AC lines... It appears that JR took the 3800 AC compressor and lines and spliced in the lines from the Fiero. I will take some better pics of the fuel rail and AC lines tomorrow and hope that gives you all a better idea of how it was done.

I have been working very hard on this motor and I sure do appreciate the compliments on it. Thanks!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I ended up working a little late tonight so I didn't get as far as I had hoped with the rest of the wiring. I got about half of that left over mess sorted through 1 wire at a time. Tomorrow after work I will be back at it and hopefully get the rest of the mess sorted. It appears that I am going to be able to shorten 90% of those wires that are left unfinished. As a rough guestimate I believe that I am going to be able to remove about 300ft. of excess wire. I have begun making a pile of the wires I have been able to remove or shorten so far. When it is all done I will take a pic of the wire pile.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I would stay away from IntenseMotorsports as much as you can. They basicaly just wanted to get as much money out of me as they could and get me out the door. Only one person there (the guy doing the programming) really gave me the impression he knew what he was doing, and I recieved several diffrent versions of what was safe mods for my car, all of which contradicted eachother. All topped off by them charging me $33 for 3' of intake tubing that wouldnt even fit the TB. I was so rushed around, it never really sank in until I got home and it didnt fit, and I checked to see how much it cost me.

All in all I was very remorsed by the experience, and I wished I had just parked the car for a few days and send the PCM off to Lloyd or someone else. Im still tempted to take it back and have them flash it back to stock and get a refund. It didnt fix my shifting complaints, it hurt my gas mileage, but it did get rid of the SES light, not to mention the fan runs constantly because they set it to 180 without saying anything to me about it, so I either have to get a 180 T-stat, or take time off work to drive back down there and have it re-flashed.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by allsho80:
You sound just like Chris West and Loyde (you can't rush on this wire harness) While Chris took a year with no progress and Loyde took 6 months with no progress. Rush my @#$%! PBJ got new harnesses and built the harnesses, sent me pics of it completed and shipped it all in 5 days!!!!!!! And for half the cost!!!!! and I didn't have to say one word to Pete about hurrying.....Can't rush....LOL. Right! This guy got ripped off like so many others out here. Thats why I spread the word too.

Tell them how it is dude, let the rest of us know who can be trusted.
O....And Thanks Pete!

I didnt say anything about a wiring harness in my reply that you are quoting off of. I am not sure why you mentioned the harness when I was replying to rushing the overall swap.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 02-13-2007).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

OK I just got off the phone with loyde and I am sending him my PCM tomorrow by Priorty Mail. I am hopeing to start this new motor for the first time on the weekend of the 17th.

Loyde may be backed up from what I hear. Maybe in a month you will have the pcm back?

Then again.....maybe I am wrong

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 02-14-2007).]

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tampalinc:

Can you give some more information on the fuel rails. How are the barbed fittings attached to the rail?

There are special compression adapter fittings you can get at Summit Racing or any place that sells them that adapt to the fuel rails.
Ive been using them on my 3800sc for two years now without a problem
http://store.summitracing.c...223+115&autoview=sku
------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 02-13-2007).]

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post

ohio86se

1308 posts
Member since Mar 2002
JimS,

Its looking real good.
Things have been kinda of crazy around here.

if you decide you want to re-locate the alternator let me klnow

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

PFF
System Bot
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

I would stay away from IntenseMotorsports as much as you can. They basicaly just wanted to get as much money out of me as they could and get me out the door. Only one person there (the guy doing the programming) really gave me the impression he knew what he was doing, and I recieved several diffrent versions of what was safe mods for my car, all of which contradicted eachother. All topped off by them charging me $33 for 3' of intake tubing that wouldnt even fit the TB. I was so rushed around, it never really sank in until I got home and it didnt fit, and I checked to see how much it cost me.

All in all I was very remorsed by the experience, and I wished I had just parked the car for a few days and send the PCM off to Lloyd or someone else. Im still tempted to take it back and have them flash it back to stock and get a refund. It didnt fix my shifting complaints, it hurt my gas mileage, but it did get rid of the SES light, not to mention the fan runs constantly because they set it to 180 without saying anything to me about it, so I either have to get a 180 T-stat, or take time off work to drive back down there and have it re-flashed.

Your best bet would be to buy a PowerTuner. There is a great forum for PT owner and then you can do it yourself.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tampalinc:

Your best bet would be to buy a PowerTuner. There is a great forum for PT owner and then you can do it yourself.

I have thought about buying an DHP Powertuner but the more I read over on CGP about long backorders and the way they treat there customers, I think I am going to go with a HP Tuner. Does the same thing plus I can add more cars if needed for the future. It cost a little more but from what I have read about DHP, it may be well worth it.
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
congrats on the swap I am thinking of doing this to one of my fieros later on just as the wiring is going to be a nightmare to me...

the guy that painted your covers and drove the van... was he a tattoo artist? I swear I have seen that van before...

nice engine BTW very clean
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Love the valve covers Think I can get him to do mine and an air breather lid?
Swap looks good, sorry you had all of this trouble but in the end you will know more about your car and will feel 100% better about it.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jack_ink:

the guy that painted your covers and drove the van... was he a tattoo artist? I swear I have seen that van before...

nice engine BTW very clean

Yes he also does tattoo's. He travels 6 months out of the year to various conventions and shows and does tats and airbrush work. His home is here in Naples though.

Thank you.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Love the valve covers Think I can get him to do mine and an air breather lid?

Thanks.
His name is Famous Jamus and I already told him to expect some phone calls. His number is 239-269-8526 Make sure you tell him that Jim with the Flame Valve Cover Fiero sent ya.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
For those of you that asked. Here are pics of the AC Lines and the Fuel Rail Fittings.

Here is a pic of the wires I have been working on. I know it looks like an unorganized mess but I have almost got them all sorted and will begin taping them and putting loom on tomorrow after work. I spent most of tonight re-locating things in the engine bay and making it look cleaner.

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Just got off the phone with loyde and he said my PCM was shipped back out to me today.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

For those of you that asked. Here are pics of the AC Lines and the Fuel Rail Fittings.

]

I dont think that is the best way to have those AC lines made up. Might want to look into getting a set made up with correct way.
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
Amazon Hose in Tampa can mate the line together correctly for you or if you check around you might be able to find an A/C shop near you that can do it. I would be afraid to have hose claps on my A/C lines.

Amazon Hose
1103 N. 50th Street
Tampa, Florida 33619
Phone: 813-223-7554
Toll-free: 800-886-5945
Fax: 813-223-7567
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice. The AC currently needs a new condenser so I will get those lines fixed before I replace the condenser and have it charged. Just something else to add to the list of JR's poor work.
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post

Yes he also does tattoo's. He travels 6 months out of the year to various conventions and shows and does tats and airbrush work. His home is here in Naples though.

Thank you.

WOW I think I may know him either from the SLC, UT convention or maybe Las Vegas, NV convention but I too do tattoos and usually about 4-6 months of the year I am traveling and I have seen the van, that man can do any graphic you want with an airbrush (he inspired me to airbrush when I was in FL and saw his work)

and yeah definitely AC + Hose clamps (or the professional spliced in job) = bad result way too high PSI on em...

I like the swap overall if I could get a plug and play harness and a way to hook up say a nice 4t6Xe or a 4t80e I would already be stripping the 99 GTP and rebuilding the motor
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
There is quite a few people capable of making up swap harnesses that will plug right into your Fiero. I am one of them and do complete swap harnesses for $400 CDN or can help any one wanting to do their own harness with advice and photos to show how.
As for this swap it is good to see that such a good job is being done especially considering how badly the original one was done. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorDirect Link to This Post
ohio86se - The link worked fine but none of what popped up resembled what JimmyS has on his rails. His look like a standard brass compression fittings.

Can you post a pic of your setup?

Thanks
Gary
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gladiator:

ohio86se - The link worked fine but none of what popped up resembled what JimmyS has on his rails. His look like a standard brass compression fittings.

Can you post a pic of your setup?

Thanks
Gary

Gary, go to Summit's website then do a search for "twist tite" - in the results you'll see all the connectors and hose lengths they offer for that style. "Twist tite" is the model name for the Summit brand hose/connectors. You should be able to find similar products from Earl's Performance, etc.

Brian
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to Fiero Flyer
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
I will be there there Saturday to get this back up inside the Fiero, hope it's not to cold outside.
Keep the pizza number handy.
see you Saturday.
Gary
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
i might be able to help too. jim just give me a call
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I bought the stock Fiero Oil Pressure Sending Unit. There is 3 prongs on the plug side. Which wire goes to which prong?

I know which of my 3 wires goes to the gauge but which prong does it connect to on the oil pressure sending unit? Also... the 2 wires that come off the plug for the stock 3800 unit, there is a black one and another that appears to be light tan. Which prong does the black one go too?

I went and picked up my exhaust parts yesterday and my PCM came back from Loyde today. Motor is going in tomorrow and I hope to start it by Sunday afternoon.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock