My '88 Coupe build by HTXtremes
Started on: 09-26-2007 07:38 PM
Replies: 100
Last post by: RCR on 01-18-2009 08:26 AM
Jakezilla3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakezilla3Send a Private Message to Jakezilla3Direct Link to This Post
updates?? I really liked where this project was going!

------------------
88 Fiero Formula V6 auto
99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
99 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5speed

IP: Logged
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Sorry no updates been real busy around here, quit my job because shipped me out of town with no extra pay and was gone for four weeks. Haven't been online much in the past couple months cause my new girl I've been seeing.

Mostly I've been gathering some parts and packing away some funds for my build. Doesn't look like the F-40 will make it to the 25th! But I will keep posting on here with all my new finds and progress as it comes.

I just want to thank everyone for their support and enthusiasm in my build.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Ok for some updates!

Got a new crank in the mail the other day and some rods. Don't know how good of a brand they are, the crank is a Bryant Forged Billet, and the rods are Carrillo H-beams.

I have pictures but I guess PIP is still down.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Some progress figured out the turn signals for the front. I used the front signals found behind the front bumper and trimmed the ends down to get the right length.

Next I've carved out about an eighth of an inch into the nose to recess the nose badge in a little, I still have to fill it back in some with resin to smooth it out.

next picture is with the emblem sitting in the recess,

here are the headlight covers that came with the kit, they still need to be trimmed down to the right size. These are made from 1/4" Lexan and are form fitted to the car.

A couple more pics from my stash. next two are better pics of the Ferrari 355/360/550/F50/475..... Tail lights, bought brand new for $750

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Jumping into the next modification,

Went to a salvage yard in Joplin, MO today and bought the windshield surround from a '95 Eclipse.

Before trimming it down

Trimmed some fat off

Trimmed more and it is starting to fit better

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
Great job on the build! Those taillights are gonna look beautiful once installed, how far forward does the eclipse glass sit? A + for you sir.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Very cool!! I love the windshield idea!!
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
some new pics

and a side pic of a non stretch for comparison

[This message has been edited by HTXtremes (edited 10-26-2008).]

Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
A lot of talk by the F40 builder's group on kitcarsforum about this car, figured I better take a look. What I see is very interesting, keep up the good work!
PFF
System Bot
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Did not know there were people on other sites talking about my build! Makes me feel good that people are watching.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post

HTXtremes

345 posts
Member since Sep 2007
Some pics of my progress

Hey Mike I'm using that blue foam board you can get from Lowes for the shaping of the sides and for the ducting on the hood. It sands well with 80 grit sand paper, also making a mold for a third break light out of the same stuff.
mikebrnch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikebrnchSend a Private Message to mikebrnchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HTXtremes:

Some pics of my progress

Hey Mike I'm using that blue foam board you can get from Lowes for the shaping of the sides and for the ducting on the hood. It sands well with 80 grit sand paper, also making a mold for a third break light out of the same stuff.

Looks great. What do you plan to coat the foam board with? Resin, jelly etc. Or do you plan to use the foam just as a plug for a mold on the rear quarters like you are for the ducts?

michael

[This message has been edited by mikebrnch (edited 11-08-2008).]

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Hey mike I plan on just using the foam as a plug and then lay fiberglass and resin over it. I've been putting clear tape over the foam to keep it from melting from the resin.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Ok a couple updates, I've been posting on http://www.kitcarsforum.com/ also with the same title as here.

Cut a little over 40 lbs off the front weighed

here is my factory parts single wiper arm w/ about 126 degrees of sweep

weight lose in the rear lost allot of weight in the rear not yet weighed the fat loss for the rear

matthewc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for matthewcSend a Private Message to matthewcDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for more updates, my car should be arriving in Colorado tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait to get it here so I can start my build/rebuild. I would love to get more details on the windshield transplant. I have been looking at the Eclipse and Geo Storm windshield transplants.

Matt
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Tube chassis is on its way!!

Got the base part of the frame done today!

G6 six speed is out, Audi 5 speed is in!

Will have some pics later tonight.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Gotta see how you fit that audi transaxle.
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
People over on the Kitcarsforum have done lots of research and the audi A4 trans is only 7 inches from bell housing to center line of the axle. This means with a 24" long motor (northstar), an adapter (1"), and the trans you will have a pretty tight package. The rear firewall will have to move forward a little to clear though.

[This message has been edited by HTXtremes (edited 01-18-2009).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I like what you're doing. Lot's of good stuff here. I'm now interested in how you'll be mounting the power plant.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay