Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Fiero to Corvette Brake Upgrade (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero to Corvette Brake Upgrade by techman2
Started on: 04-05-2005 10:34 AM
Replies: 240
Last post by: PaulJK on 04-21-2006 04:22 AM
DOHC_SWAPPER

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2005 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cheetah:

Should this group buy be posted anywhere else?

thanks

probably in the buy/sell on this forum and the other fiero forums.

IP: Logged
tejas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tejasSend a Private Message to tejasDirect Link to This Post

Go to:

http://www.cheetahonline.com/j3030.html

or email me to send payment by money order.

I'm in for a set.

Karl

cheetah

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
(4) of each have been paid for. Half way there.

------------------
http://www.cheetahonline.com

tex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texClick Here to visit tex's HomePageSend a Private Message to texDirect Link to This Post
I just sent payment for a set of each.

Thanks,
Jon

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I made a set just like these 1 year ago and I will now get some calipers for the front. The thing is that I found a set from a -92. In a corvette forum they told me that It should work and the big difference is that the these calipers use 2 cylinders too press the brakepads. Have anyone tryed with the one like -92 and what was the result?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

86blackgt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
I have the 88-96 corvette calipers (not on the car yet) and they should work but the brackets are going to be different then the ones from the 84-87. If you look at the westcoastfiero website, there 12 inch corvette brakes use the 88-96 dual piston caliper.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
The -92 calipers did not go with my adapterkit.
Anyone that knows of any drawings for an adapterkit that will fit the -92 calipers in front of my -86?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
We have (8)!

I will give it until Monday to see if any more people want in, then it is a go.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

------------------

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Im excited!
BigLittleV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigLittleV8Click Here to visit BigLittleV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigLittleV8Direct Link to This Post
Look's like I make # 9.. I have a big motor now I will have some big brakes to slow it down.

Rule # 1 if you make it go fast you better make it stop even faster !!

Happy Holidays everyone

Mark

PFF
System Bot
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Just a bump.

Going to order the adaptors from Cheeta next week.

John

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2005 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
Whens the cut off? I mean, if this guy who posted ahead of me is not paying till next week, we are looking at mid jan for delivery.
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Today (12/19/05) at closing time I am submitting the final total to the shop to begin the cutting.

I have (9) people paid currently.

So if interested, please pay by that time to get in on this run.

Thanks.

------------------

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
I just made a payment, I hope it's on time.
FieroJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJSend a Private Message to FieroJDirect Link to This Post
Cheeta, I made an order for your adapters. A contact number for your website would be helpfull.

------------------

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
Cheeta please let me know if you recieved the order in time. Or we can figure something out if you did'nt.
blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2005 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJSend a Private Message to FieroJDirect Link to This Post
Cheetah, Paypal has you as recieveing my payment and I have Emailed you and I have not gotten a response from you.
whats the scoop?

------------------

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2005 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
The scoop is that its the 23rd of december. hes probably gone to a family thing or something like that. cut off was the 19th also

[This message has been edited by DOHC_SWAPPER (edited 12-23-2005).]

FieroJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJSend a Private Message to FieroJDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your Concern dohc swapper,
Cheetah emailed me and said I made the deadline, for the first run.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
BigLittleV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigLittleV8Click Here to visit BigLittleV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigLittleV8Direct Link to This Post
I started collecting parts while I am waiting on my adapters. I am having a problem finding the 85 corvette front caliper mounts. Anyone got a good source?

Mark

edit for spelling

[This message has been edited by BigLittleV8 (edited 12-27-2005).]

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
The original group buy parts are going to be completed and shipped out next week. I made some extra front brackets already, and am finishing up on extra rear brackets and rings.

So to those of you that pre-paid via the group buy, you will have your parts soon. To those who want parts, I am accepting payments for those, and they will be available soon also.

------------------

BigLittleV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigLittleV8Click Here to visit BigLittleV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigLittleV8Direct Link to This Post
Good news, I was able to find all of the parts needed at on place and not to bad on the price. The web site is

http://corvettesalvage.com/index.html

Hope that helps anyone who is looking for the parts to finish there swap.

Mark

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
Buy the calipers and brackets off of other corvete owners. thats the best / cheapest way to go

www.corvetteforum.com I think thats it...or if that fails <gasp> search on google!

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Are the rings usable on both the 88 and pre 88? I am using 4 -12"front rotors for an 88 corvette and rear(Fiero)88 hubs on both the front and back of my Fiero.Will your rings work?

[This message has been edited by hugh (edited 01-10-2006).]

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
I haven't really read through this thread, but I can give a tip about collecting parts. I just finished collectiong parts to do this swap, and am actually going to start doing it tonight. I just joined a corvette forum, and created a few threads with whatever parts I needed. For all four calipers (91 rear calipers 86 front calipers) with the brackets I payed about 120 total. I also got a spare set of front corvette calipers out of it if anyone is interested in buying them. They don't have the brackets though (sorry). But yeah, just go on google and find a corvette forum and join it. I saved a lot of money and all the parts were in excellent condition.

Matt

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Is there anybody here willing to collect all of the parts for the swap minus the rotors for me.
I live in the uk so parts are a bit scarce, I am willing to pay extra for the hassle.
I can pay via paypal. There are a few people on here who can verify my validity for payment.
Thanks.
DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
I might have a spare set of front calipers and brackets. Gotta figure out what I have first though.

I know for sure I have a spare set of 2 caliper brackets though.

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Lyode is due to start my engine build anytime now,
if possible I would like to get the brakes upgreded before I get the engine swapped.
I have already bought the brackets from cheetah
Thanks.
DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by northeastfiero:

Lyode is due to start my engine build anytime now,
if possible I would like to get the brakes upgreded before I get the engine swapped.
I have already bought the brackets from cheetah
Thanks.

no no. the caliper brackets....the ones that bolt to the adapters and the calipers.

PFF
System Bot
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
So overall is this a good upgrade, I mean the 12 discs and corvette calipers?

I have the berettas on the front and stock on the back of my 87 GT. I have always hated the Fiero brakes, for such a small car it just does not stop as well as a modern car or any make.

Any first hand accounts of before and after?

------------------
87 Fiero GT (3.2 Turbo)
E-mail: david88@peoplepc.com
www.angelfire.com/pa5/davidfiero/

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Update: the entire group buy was shipped out, and the last of the "after group buy" orders are done also.
That leaves me with (5) sets of the brackets left. I have Aluminum rings sets left also.

After these, I will not be ordering them again for a while, so I wanted to see if anyone wanted one of the remaining sets. If so, go to:

Thanks to everyone who got in, and lets make some more Fiero's stop that way that they should.

------------------
My Fiero

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post

Update: the entire group buy was shipped out, and the last of the "after group buy" orders are done also.
That leaves me with (5) sets of the brackets left. I have Aluminum rings sets left also.

After these, I will not be ordering them again for a while, so I wanted to see if anyone wanted one of the remaining sets. If so, go to:

Thanks to everyone who got in, and lets make some more Fiero's stop that way that they should.

Could this work on the 88 Fieros? Have you tried?

JG

RipJaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RipJawSend a Private Message to RipJawDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone got this kit from cheetah? I paid for one and still havent even got a email back from this person?

Anyone have a contact phone number? All emails have been unanswered.

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2006 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTDirect Link to This Post
He takes a lil bit to get back sometimes. He did that to me too, but he answered, and I got my stuff.
RipJaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RipJawSend a Private Message to RipJawDirect Link to This Post
Thanks XzotikGT its been over 10 days and still havent heard from him. Hasnt replyed to my emails. Hopefully hes on vacation or something. Have you or anyone else installed the kit yet?
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Keeping this alive
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Will these dapters work on the 88 Fiero ? Has everybody received their stuff ?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I had the 12" vette brake setup on my Formula- took them off and went with the S-10 Booster. Now I can carry my spare (stock spare won't fit over the 12" jobs) and I think my current setup is a little better. Might have to put the Vette rotors and brackets in the mall
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock