Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Fiero to Corvette Brake Upgrade (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero to Corvette Brake Upgrade by techman2
Started on: 04-05-2005 10:34 AM
Replies: 240
Last post by: PaulJK on 04-21-2006 04:22 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
The link to Art's Corvette came through, the brackets arrived today.
IP: Logged
techman2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for techman2Send a Private Message to techman2Direct Link to This Post
Great to hear, I have his catalogue for the C4s, can you tell me the part number you ordered.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Here is the simple adapter we made. The chain link hooks over the arm of the actuator on the caliper and the cable goes in the slot that remains from the Fiero bracket we welded to it.

John Stricker

Originally posted by VISCERAL:

Could someone PLEASE post pics of how they attached the parking brake cable setup. I have the 1996 vette calipers on my 87. Thanks. The fiero has the barrel cable stop while the vette has the loop end. My rear calipers came with some short cables with the loop ends still attached. Help.

techman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for techman2Send a Private Message to techman2Direct Link to This Post
jstricker could you post some installed pictures of those brackets.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Not yet, I don't have the cables, but there really isn't anything to post, the chain link end just hooks over the E-Brake arm on the caliper, done, installed.

John Stricker

Originally posted by techman2:

jstricker could you post some installed pictures of those brackets.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Well we finally got around to finishing the brakes... I'll be posting a build up thread soon. Anyone finally get these done??
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
A bump as I am about to embark on this mission.

JB

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Don't Forget to check my other thread...
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, which thread?

Lost my book marks.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Bump this to the top.

Does anyone on PFF make the adapters for these brakes. The adapters and the consentric rings. This swap is simple once you have those parts. If there is nobody I might take the cad drawings to a machine shop and get some prices.

Thanks!

PFF
System Bot
techman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for techman2Send a Private Message to techman2Direct Link to This Post
I was told Sluppy123 makes them. You can look him up in the members list.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! sent him a PM.
techman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for techman2Send a Private Message to techman2Direct Link to This Post
Let us all know if he is still making them
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
can do
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
I no longer sell the brackets for the 84-87 12" brake swap, I only sell the parts for the 88's
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
sluppy123 I just pm'ed you.
cheetah

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
If there is not anyone currently making 84-87 adapter parts, let me know if anyone would like some made. I can make quantities of them (but only if I am not stepping on anyone's toes).

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Myself and a friend need some made, and the only person or company I know of that makes them is WCF, but they sell kits.

PM me a price for 2 sets of adapters. Thanks!

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Both the rings and plates?

I used Aluminum for the plates, but I can make steel also.

Is there anymore people who need them. Price goes down with higher numbers.

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Cheetah,
I would like a set of rings and adapter plates. Whats the advantage of going alluminum or steel? What would the be at right now. I get paid in two weeks so i could send you a money order as soon as i get my paycheck. Let me know.
PFF
System Bot
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
I used Aluminum (6061) adapters on my 86GT when I did my upgrade, without any problems at all.

These are stong, lighter than steel, and will not rust. Material cost is less also for sheets of these sizes.

I used Stainless Steel for the concentric rings, but that was because I had some spare, "garbage" stock that was just

enough to make one set.

I would say that the 6061 Aluminum would work well for the rings for the same reasons as with the adapters. The

stainless is very expensive, but regular steel is cheapest, although it will rust. So the choice is up to the individual.

I have made a page at:

http://www.cheetahonline.com/j3030.html

I will do a group buy. I need (8) people to pay for the run to be made. That is not a large buy, but I need to work it this way, or the material and CNC costs are crazy.

Prices are as follows:

(4) ALUMINUM 6061 FRONT & REAR ADAPTERS (CNC cut) $100
(4) STEEL CONCENTRIC RINGS $30
(4) STAINLESS STEEL CONCENTRIC RINGS $90
(4) ALUMINUM 6061 CONCENTRIC RINGS $60

------------------
http://www.cheetahonline.com

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
So.... How many people do we have in on the group buy yet? cause damnmit im ready to get some big brakes on my car

[This message has been edited by daniel87fierogt (edited 12-04-2005).]

86blackgt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
How do you plan on making the concentric rings because if i remember right, the corvette rotors come in different thickness. So then the concentric ring wouldn't work for all rotors and this has been a problem for a couple of people on here. Just wandering if you had a plan around this?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by 86blackgt (edited 12-04-2005).]

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
The rear rotors are the ones that cause a problem with the original thickness of the rings. So I will be making them .280" thick, which will center the rotors if they have the chamfer on the back side of the rotor or not. This worked for me with two different sets of rotors that I test-fitted on my GT when I was doing my swap. BTW, I still have a set of rear rotors already drilled for the Fiero bolt circle for sale on that site also.
DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2005 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
Im in.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for the F&R Alu.
86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
Would you sell just the rings and the rear brackets?
DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPERDirect Link to This Post
Cmon......TWO PEOPLE?!
There HAS GOT TO BE more people looking to upgrade brakes!

Or does everyone talk about it and then when its time to money up... 6 more by the looks of it.

techman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for techman2Send a Private Message to techman2Direct Link to This Post
I would in a heart beat, but I just lost my job and money is really tight or I would.
captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Direct Link to This Post
so is it $100 plus the rings?? i might be in....
have to talk to my wife seeing as she has control of all the money while im in iraq..

------------------
Dustin Watson
1984 2m4 sport
om3ga83@yahoo.com
captinhowdy83@aim.com

PFF
System Bot
cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
The rings or brackets can be bought seperately, I just need to make sure that I have some buyers before I put the money out to make them. I will probably make a few extra (at my expense), for people who want to buy some down the road.

I have done the swap, and it stops great! Also, with my rim style which shows the brakes, it is a real eye-catcher. Once you compare the stock setup size to the corvette setup, you will see the difference.

If one bought these adapters, the rest is able to be done by the average enthusiast with simple tools. I would do the drilling of the rotors also, but the shipping both ways adds up. Unless people wanted to pay me to order a bunch of rotors and have them sent straight to me, then shipped to them once they are done.

Just throwing out ideas.

86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
I would take a set of the rings then.

Maybe something should be posted in the mall for a group buy.

Thanks

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTDirect Link to This Post
I am in for the front and rear aluminum brakets, and the steel rings.
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Yep, I will take a set of the mounting adaptors.

I have the rings now.

How do we procede?

John

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Go to:

http://www.cheetahonline.com/j3030.html

or email me to send payment by money order.

------------------

Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
Hey do you still have the rears?
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'm in.

I ordered 2 sets from your website. One for myself and one for DOHC_SWAPPER

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 12-06-2005).]

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2005 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
The rotors? Yes, I do.

Originally posted by Luke:

Hey do you still have the rears?

cheetah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheetahClick Here to visit cheetah's HomePageSend a Private Message to cheetahDirect Link to This Post
Should this group buy be posted anywhere else?

thanks

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay