Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  END OF KIT CARS? (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
END OF KIT CARS? by bomaze
Started on: 01-07-2009 01:26 PM
Replies: 592 (27273 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-14-2013 09:09 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

What a poor attempt at a smoke screen. A squid does the same thing when it's trying to get away. Luckily for me I only need to go to one thread to find all the grand standing and cape flustering to show the hypocrisy behind what you say.

WHOOPS. Another smoke screen.

Don't worry, the badging is correct, but the car's body isn't.
IP: Logged
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saying kit cars are going to end is like saying fake breasts will no longer be needed.

As long as theres people who will take chances there's going to be kit cars. Maybe Fiero based kits are going on the decline but there's going to be replica's and kit's regardless.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Don't worry, the badging is correct, but the car's body isn't.

Nobody could have defined your car(s) any better than your own words... but you can't see that from all the smoke you've been blowing.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Nobody could have defined your car(s) any better than your own words... but you can't see that from all the smoke you've been blowing.

The question for you is: What makes you think your replica is worthy enough to have Ferrari badging when it is way off the mark of the real McCoy? That's the $60,000 question.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-04-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You make my job easy. Every question you pose, every insult you throw, every statement you make can be turned around and equally applied to you and your kit car(s).

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a kit I would love to build!!! http://www.autoguide.com/au...d-fiero-kit-car.html

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the three front seats...Finally I can drive two gf's around legally!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero42:

It might be legal but sounds complicated I thought that there was a McLaren F1 replica for the Fiero too but could not find it but if you wanted to build one from the ground up it has three seats too they do have one for the mr2 though. http://reventonreplicaroads...errari_mclarenf1.php and http://www.youtube.com/watc...-1Sxk&feature=relmfu

------------------

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which side of the shifter does the girl on your right put her left thigh/knee?

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Which side of the shifter does the girl on your right put her left thigh/knee?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

[/QUOTE]

I think we all know the answer to that but if you and the guys went out there would have to be like a seat belt on the door to keep that leg as far away as possible!
Or upgrade to a paddle shifter.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 09-04-2012).]

Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that there is anything wrong with this scene (From Batman Begins)

http://www.youtube.com/watc...yer_detailpage#t=56s

[This message has been edited by Fiero42 (edited 09-04-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Art of Badging:

Looks like a Ferrari F40, huh?
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could see that having a kit would upset purists, especially when the kit is a poor match. Exotic cars will be way above the means of most, where a $400k car would take a couple lifetimes to pay off.

Will they fool anyone? Yes.
Will some laugh at the poor attempt? Yes!

Still I say let them have their fun and the closest chance they will get to owning the real thing. Instead lets look for ways to improve them...the only people it should really upset are the actual owners of these cars and the manufacturers. I don't have a problem with making the ultra wealthy upset that someone can have a close match for over 90% off the retail price.

And yes, Kit Cars should have their own section!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some good looking kits and I like the theme song from Gone in 60 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgbJmWmBV3g

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Instead lets look for ways to improve them.

History dictates that's not going to happen. In the beginning there were once companies that were right on the mark with maybe 100-99% exact from the exterior, but due to lawsuits that was killed. Therefore, you now see watered down versions which in turn created additional watered down version and the cycle continued until until this day. The end result now is really an "general" idea of the the original in "badge" form only.

Let me explain. Instead of being off by 3" inches, created were shortened version of the original. The short version lead to other kit(s) were the Fiero stock windows and roof could be used. Once the stock roof and windows are salvaged from the Fiero the interior is next. If you can salvage the roof, glass, & interior the next area is the Fiero engine(s).

End the end the only area that must be "exact" is the badging and this can be seen from the very good replicas to the very, very bad copies.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-05-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

The badging is correctly placed.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here's a twist. A real Lamborghini Murcielogo made to look like the real Reventon. Given the Lamborghini only made of few Reventon you might be able to fool somebody, but I think the body needs more tweaking for it looks off.

I doubt many of us will ever see a real Reventon on the streets, but maybe at a exotic car show, but from the three pics here you can clearly tell that this after market kit is way off the mark.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
China lambo continued: Cost $9,600 or so.

It's stated that it can reach speeds of 160 mph.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there some kind of filter so that we could keep the guy out of kit car threads who never has anything positive to say about them. When I see avengadors name on an OT thread I know better than to read it because I know what he has to say. Over and over. Same thing here. Edited to add, I remember at least one post where avengador surprised me. He is not always posting "hate Obama". But when I see curly posting anything about kit cars it is always a negative post.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 09-05-2012).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

+1, All the poor playboys in the world will be ecstatic! In all seriousness, often I find a need to transport 2 passsengers + me, but rarely a total of 4 people. I may even put up with the awkward car entry.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

+1, All the poor playboys in the world will be ecstatic! In all seriousness, often I find a need to transport 2 passsengers + me, but rarely a total of 4 people. I may even put up with the awkward car entry.

Looks good in black too but I have not found cost or were to buy yet

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded

------------------

PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three important things here

Number one Chick checking it out is thinking yep he’s getting laid tonight.

Number two the smile on his face says it all the car makes him happy.

Number three he has no clue or does not have to put up with Madcurls rants and prejudice.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Three important things here

Number one Chick checking it out is thinking yep he’s getting laid tonight.

Nope. The hands are clasped tight and she's not drunk. All signs says he's going home along tonight.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that you could really do this but had to photo chop it anyway the three seat Lizardo

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 09-06-2012).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a twist. A real Lamborghini Murcielogo made to look like the real Reventon. Given the Lamborghini only made of few Reventon you might be able to fool somebody, but I think the body needs more tweaking for it looks off.

I doubt many of us will ever see a real Reventon on the streets, but maybe at a exotic car show, but from the three pics here you can clearly tell that this after market kit is way off the mark.

No different than the kit to turn your 308/328 into the GTO (authorized by Ferrari) - I have also seen people rebadge thier Porche as a GT3 or as a Turbo, and it doesn't end there.

Does it really matter so much to you that it demands all this time and attention for you to go around and stomp out the replica car scene?

While you are at it, don't forget about the Corvette replicas as well - or how about the Model T's, and the MANY, MANY other reproduced cars out there. Hell, even Ford themselves have reproduced a car back in 1971 and sold it as a replica.

I agree that it is an issue when someone is trying to sell a car that is not what they claim it to me, but I am fairly sure none of these exotic replica owners are doing that - but you do see in the muscle car area...hence the big deal about a numbers matching car.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope. The hands are clasped tight and she's not drunk. All signs says he's going home along tonight.

After looking at this picture again he might have company tonight after all.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but from the three pics here you can clearly tell that this after market kit is way off the mark.

Yeah that is just a horrible looking replica.

chasgas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chasgasSend a Private Message to chasgasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.seriouswheels.co...upercar-1024x768.htm

when my 87 fiero grows up it will look like this... presently building a 3.4... appreciate this site...

chasgas

http://www.seriouswheels.co...r-Trio-1600x1200.htm (better pics)

[This message has been edited by chasgas (edited 09-06-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chasgas:

http://www.seriouswheels.co...upercar-1024x768.htm

when my 87 fiero grows up it will look like this... presently building a 3.4... appreciate this site...

chasgas

http://www.seriouswheels.co...r-Trio-1600x1200.htm (better pics)

Squished Veryon?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Does it really matter so much to you that it demands all this time and attention for you to go around and stomp out the replica car scene?

Actually, you should ask that of Bloozberry and others for it takes considerable amount of time to defend and justify a lie. However, as the saying goes, “Pictures are worth a thousands words.” You can't defend failure.

"Failure is no accident."-Dr. Phil McGraw

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

No different than the kit to turn your 308/328 into the GTO (authorized by Ferrari) - I have also seen people rebadge thier Porche as a GT3 or as a Turbo, and it doesn't end there.

The "Reventon" kit isn't authorized by Lamborghini. Lamborghini isn't going to shoot themselves in the foot by offering a "kit" of their million dollar plus car to those with 360k Murcielogo's and even if they were is surely would be better looking than the pics above. As for Porsche or for that matter any major car companies they're all under the same name, same car, and specs. To upgrade isn't an issue for the "go fast" parts are easy bolt-ons. However, full disclosure to potential buyers.

That cannot be said of replicas. No authorization from Lamborghini/Ferrari, a hodgepodge of various parts, and a car with discombobulated dimensions.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-07-2012).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That cannot be said of replicas. No authorization from Lamborghini/Ferrari, a hodgepodge of various parts, and a car with discombobulated dimensions.

The same can be said about the Curly-mobile....... you have no Authorization for Pontiac to label it a Fiero because it is a hodgepodge of various parts, and a car with discombobulated dimensions.
Just admit it your a hypocrite

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

The same can be said about the Curly-mobile....... you have no Authorization for Pontiac to label it a Fiero because it is a hodgepodge of various parts, and a car with discombobulated dimensions.
Just admit it your a hypocrite

The last time I looked it was my car was a Fiero, but I'll go look again.

Yep, looks like a Fiero to me.

As for replica(s) they're pretending. Nothing more than a failed attempt to emulate a lamborghi/Ferrari with a hodgepode of discombobulated parts of a Fiero underneath, failed exterior of a Ferrari or Lamborghini, and dimension of a clown car.

Example: #10,000

Example: 400,000K plus

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-07-2012).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since this thread doesn`t seem to be dying I`ll give ya one to gander.
Real Countach

Replica

From the rear view I actually prefer the replica over the real because I like the cleaner looking tailights.
The louvers on the real one also seem to be drooping a bit.
Just because Lamborghini built it doesn`t mean it`s a superior car.
There are many people who build replicas and are just as skilled craftsmen as Lamborghini builders.
Oh, also the Lambo doesn`t get extra point for a girl posing on it.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 09-07-2012).]

chasgas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chasgasSend a Private Message to chasgasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Squished Veryon?

actually, it's the "tender car" that comes with the yacht...

http://www.seriouswheels.co...t-122-Superyacht.htm

gentlemen, i've attended the kit car show in carlisle pa for the last several years... i've learned that each owner is proud of their vehicle and there's something to learned from each vehicle, be it negative or positive... the "rule" is that there is no "rule"...

yet to completely appreciate the rat rods popular in our local shows but i must admit, i'm starting to "get" them... trailer queens, now that's a different matter....................................

chasgas
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

The rear bumper looks custom but rest looks right.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Australian, the one you posted is the real Countach.
And I agree, the bumper on the real one looks a little different than I have seen.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 09-08-2012).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or is it just the ornament?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

God I miss the 80s
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock