Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  END OF KIT CARS? (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
END OF KIT CARS? by bomaze
Started on: 01-07-2009 01:26 PM
Replies: 592 (27273 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-14-2013 09:09 PM
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a poor attempt at a smoke screen. A squid does the same thing when it's trying to get away. Luckily for me I only need to go to one thread to find all the grand standing and cape flustering to show the hypocrisy behind what you say.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 03-02-2012).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Oh, the shoe isn't so comfortable when it's on your foot. Imagine that.

Actually, I don't own replicas. I own modified Fiero's. Therefore I'm comfortable in my skin with Fiero name/crest on my cars. I have no need to purchase a $600 engine covers to prove I'm apart of a group that can't except constructive criticism when the flaws are bought to the light.

A cheaper version, really.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-02-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Actually, I don't own replicas.

I said you own kit cars.

I have no need to purchase a $600 engine covers to prove I'm apart of a group that can't except constructive criticism when the flaws are bought to the light.

Is this your idea of constructive criticism?

... all other kit cars are stupid

How about the super hero pic? Constructive? Is grinding your opinion into every replica/kit car owners face time and again for 33 months constructive criticism?

No, you're definitely not part of our group, so you should go rejoin whatever group you are in and leave the kit car threads to us, unless you opinion is specifically sought... just don't hold your breath waiting for an invitation.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I said you own kit cars.

Wow, that's news to me. Which ones are kit cars, hehehe. I thought they were modified Fieros. Dude, lay off the Blooz and berry.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See I knew it. I tuned in......more came....and I missed NOTHING.

Where is the negativity towards kit / replica whatever coming from.

Do they really have anything to do with your life.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, you're definitely not part of our group, so you should go rejoin whatever group you are in and leave the kit car threads to us, unless you opinion is specifically sought... just don't hold your breath waiting for an invitation.

"Opinon specifically sought"- Sorry Charlie. Your Canadian headship stops at the border. I live in the United States of America, not Canada and the last time I read the title of this thread, "End of Kit Cars?" not "Bloozberry Common Wealth." If your replicant skin is wearing too thin-all I can tell you is to "go pound snow" for your small band of replicants have already attacked the "Choptop Chronicles" gnashing your teeth. Therefore, the evidence supports that you are the person(s) with a serious fiberglass chip on your shoulders.

As for the invitation-no thanks. I drive modified Fieros and I know my identity.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ferrobi:

See I knew it. I tuned in......more came....and I missed NOTHING.

Where is the negativity towards kit / replica whatever coming from.

Do they really have anything to do with your life.

Originally posted by ferrobi from the Choptop Chronicles thread:

Well I was by told by 1 member that someone is always right and another member to just to let it go. So Merry Christmas

And one more thing - I guess I don't understand why this is in the construction zone - anyone care to let me in on the secret.

You tell me. The last time I saw your posting it was on the choptop thread.

Moving on. Instead of gnashing your teeth at me. Chew on this.

After all this what this thread is really about replicating the real McCoy and getting it right. Notice the side windows, the front windshield, the roof line, and much much more.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like my car how it is if it bothers u then o well. Why are you concerned about MY car. You should buy one and do your tweaking to it. I will do whatever whenever to it at my discretion - chew on that. I think you want to change others cars to what is in your head - why don't you stick with your own cars - you've got a lot more work so your efforts are only diminished by bothering with the lowly kit car guys. Peace out hope you are well and good luck with your endeavors.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-02-2012).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that's news to me. Which ones are kit cars, hehehe. I thought they were modified Fieros. Dude, lay off the Blooz and berry.

It's true you don't own a replica of anything, but I consider the Arch rival a kit car. It's got a Mad-acrh kit on it , it's got as Archie choptop kit in it , it's got mismatched front and rear bumpers on it, a Cadillac engine, Corvette brakes, lets not for get the Ferrari mirrows, Lambo doors....

Yep that sounds like a kit car to me...
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that's news to me. Which ones are kit cars, hehehe.

Uhh... let's see... the one that doesn't look anything like a Fiero but you keep telling everyone it is one, and that it's 25 years old? You know, the one that shares as much in common with a Fiero as just about every replica does with the car it imitates? Wait, I see where you're confused. Because you've "tweaked" your kit car with such original ideas like Audi LEDs and those other GM parts you've robbed off the shelf it's not just a kit anymore... it's a "one-off kit car". Anyways, to help clear up the confusion among all the cars you have, this is the one I'm talking about:

...for your small band of replicants have already attacked the "Choptop Chronicles"

What's the matter? You pissed because you didn't "specifically seek their opinion" before they provided you constructive criticism? Funny how that works only in one direction in your world. Your provocations in this thead had nothing to do with it, I'm sure. Go on, kick the hive some more. Bring on the name calling, insult the nationalities, religious beliefs, race, political affiliations whatever you like, just keep spraying that smoke screen all around you. If you really don't want to answer the questions I've asked seriously, here's an exit strategy for you: Start calling us names to force the thread to the Trash Can. That way you can hide all the delightful things you've said in here without blowing anymore smoke.

the last time I read the title of this thread, "End of Kit Cars?" not "Bloozberry Common Wealth."

Yes... and the subtitle should read "A Voyage in the Mind of a Hypocrite"

And now for something completely different: another caption from the man who's in denial about his own super hero status (it's a good one):

Gasing up this morning and a guy looking nearly was ran over by a Verizon truck. The man was walking past the chopper and said, "Nice car. What is it?" When I responded he was walking towards the store and was shocked when I said, "Fiero." It was then when the man turned completly towards the car while he walked backwards. I saw a truck coming towards him and yelled, "Watch it!" The driver heard me too and stopped. I guess both of them were looking at the car and both were headed towards each other. The guy thanked me after he came back for the store.

An another from someone who's just your average everyday ordinary guy with no "fiberglass chip on his shoulder":

[Ego Trip ON]

A young lady in her 20's saw me in town. She knows me and has seen me driving 015, 020, and 011 before, so she jokingly said, "You change cars like you change girl friends." I responded by saying, "No. Like underwear. You don't wear them twice."

[Ego Trip OFF]

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 03-03-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

It's true you don't own a replica of anything, but I consider the Arch rival a kit car. It's got a Mad-acrh kit on it , it's got as Archie choptop kit in it , it's got mismatched front and rear bumpers on it, a Cadillac engine, Corvette brakes, lets not for get the Ferrari mirrows, Lambo doors....

Yep that sounds like a kit car to me...

Dude, let me seriously school you for you don't have your facts straight. If you can go out and buy the parts "as-is"-then it's a kit. If you happen to be in a accident and need parts-that's a kit. On the other hand if you can't go out and purchase the parts "as-is"-that my friend is a one-off. If you are in a accident and you can't replace the parts "as-is"-that is/was a one-off part. Kit cars on the other hand are "kits" or replicas to which you can call the company and purchase the parts need for repair.

Lesson II: There isn't a "mismatched front and rear" for there is nothing to which to base the car too. The front is a C6, but isn't. The rear bumper is a Fiero, but isn't. It has a V8Archie choptop, but doesn't look like the other 26 made. The brakes are Corvette, but brakets were specially made by D1S. The F360 mirrors are OEM, but aren't to the original specs and location for you can't go out and buy a set and mount them on.

Lesson III: If you're going to go out on a limb and try to morph #020 as a kit-get the story right, so I won't have to come back to correct you.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

What's the matter? You pissed because you didn't "specifically seek their opinion" before they provided you constructive criticism? Funny how that works only in one direction in your world. Your provocations in this thead had nothing to do with it, I'm sure. Go on, kick the hive some more. Bring on the name calling, insult the nationalities, religious beliefs, race, political affiliations whatever you like, just keep spraying that smoke screen all around you. If you really don't want to answer the questions I've asked seriously, here's an exit strategy for you: Start calling us names to force the thread to the Trash Can. That way you can hide all the delightful things you've said in here without blowing anymore smoke.

Actually, my entire thread is mainly dedicated to others chiming in to offer suggestions as-to where the build should go. As for "you" trying to dictate what a person should or shouldn't say/post in a "thread" that you didn't start-you come off like Dudly DoRight. As for "you" and your replicant crew attacking the choptop thread-then deleting the comment PROVES to everyone reading it you're the person(s) trying to hide the "delightful things you'rve said/or deleted.

Once again let me make sure you got the fact Dudly Do Right:

1. You followed me over to the Chronicle thread.
2. You deleted your delightful comments.
3. You're hating me for commenting on items that are lacking with some kit car builders-comments that you have already made.
4. Pictures I've posted on this thread has mainly come from other threads, but were reposted by me (here) and now Dudly Do Right has a problem with that.

"Failure is no accident."-Dr. Phil McGraw

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Uhh... let's see... the one that doesn't look anything like a Fiero but you keep telling everyone it is one, and that it's 25 years old? You know, the one that shares as much in common with a Fiero as just about every replica does with the car it imitates? Wait, I see where you're confused. Because you've "tweaked" your kit car with such original ideas like Audi LEDs and those other GM parts you've robbed off the shelf it's not just a kit anymore... it's a "one-off kit car". Anyways, to help clear up the confusion among all the cars you have, this is the one I'm talking about:

Dudly, you said "kit(s)" meaning more than one. I thought you were talking about the other one-offs, hehe.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude, let me seriously school you for you don't have your facts straight. If you can go out and buy the parts "as-is"-then it's a kit. If you happen to be in a accident and need parts-that's a kit. On the other hand if you can't go out and purchase the parts "as-is"-that my friend is a one-off. If you are in a accident and you can't replace the parts "as-is"-that is/was a one-off part. Kit cars on the other hand are "kits" or replicas to which you can call the company and purchase the parts need for repair.

Lesson II: There isn't a "mismatched front and rear" for there is nothing to which to base the car too. The front is a C6, but isn't. The rear bumper is a Fiero, but isn't. It has a V8Archie choptop, but doesn't look like the other 26 made. The brakes are Corvette, but brakets were specially made by D1S. The F360 mirrors are OEM, but aren't to the original specs and location for you can't go out and buy a set and mount them on.

Lesson III: If you're going to go out on a limb and try to morph #020 as a kit-get the story right, so I won't have to come back to correct you.

Dude the only thing you are schooling anyone on is the fact that you are now offically the Shaunbag of the kit car owners on Pennocks

I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixed it for you:

Actually, my entire thread is mainly dedicated to others chiming in to offer suggestions as-to where the build should go stoking my ego with my every exploit in my cars.

And the name calling begins:

Dudly DoRight.... Booze.... Charlie....

1. You followed me over to the Chronicle thread.
2. You deleted your delightful comments.

Yes. I made one comment on 12 Dec 2011 and deleted it the same day. I answered cornersonrails question asking "What's up with all the hate", to which I replied with a link to this thread. Go ahead. Ask him. Edit to add: The reason both of us deleted our posts was out of respect for your thread at the time. Thank you for acknowledging your ignorance.

3. You're hating me for commenting on items that are lacking with some kit car builders-comments that you have already made.

No. I'm mocking you for mocking others indescriminately. But I do find it interesting how your brand of constructive criticism feels like hatred to you when you're on the receiving end of it.

Now then, back to our discussion about the difference between a kit car and your car, to which you replied "QUALITY". Let's have a look at your definition of quality shall we? Apart from your dash, do you remember this?:

Originally posted by Bubbajoexxx:
that is the wrong way to install that caliper it is a floating caliper and it has 2 groves one on each side for the floating bracket the way you have it mounted will ware the front shoe off in no time look in my thread and you will see how it is suposed to be mounted shame on you

Did you fix it? Uhh... no.

Maybe the quality you speak of is hidden in the details, like the entire rough finished fiberglass of the under hood surface:

Or the hidden quality in these pictures:

And what's that rusty thing you're hiding behind those big brakes? Is that the quality we should all be striving for?

I can see how the level of detail of your car justifies all your rhetoric.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you fix it? Uhh... no.

Wow Captain Obvious, you must be experiencing selective viewing for I was clear as-too what my intentions regarding the E-brake were. Dude, stay off the Boozeberry for your rhetoric is starting to make no sense.

After talking with Chris he suggested two options. One was to use Brembo Viper e-brake kit. They're pretty and should stop a car on a dime, but they are not cheap.

http://roeracing.com/produc...t=370&idcategory=151

A thread on the NSX forum has the kit.

http://www.nsxprime.com/for...wthread.php?t=137632

Giving the situation I'm in (N* automatic and to pass inspection) -I think I'll use the spot e-brakes for now. It's not like inspector is going to drive my car off and go power sliding or drifting in the parking lot to pass. As Chris mentioned the e-brake bracket grade of material should be made of thicker material, but since the clapping power is so weak it surely won't come close to bending the bracket. However, it would be nice to have a e-brake system that can stop on a dime. Just to add; I also reviewed the e-brake for the Lamborghini on Ebay. They want $400 per side-I don't think so.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Maybe the quality you speak of is hidden in the details, like the entire rough finished fiberglass of the under hood surface:

You tell us Dudly BloozeRight. Do fiberglass parts normally come with a rough underside? The last I saw Norm's, V8Archie, and Dan in Fl all have rough surfaces on the backside and the exposed side is typically not paint ready. The 350Z hatch back underbelly too has a rough surface. I've talked to my painter regarding it and guess what he suggested?

In the meantime, if your that overly concerned you should inform all venders that they should prep the underside of their products. I'm sure you'll get a quick response from them. While I'm briefly on the subject. Do you know that the original F40 outer body isn't smooth to the touch. The car body was left "as-is" to reduce weight. I learn that on from Top Gear.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-03-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooo... now I'm:

Wow Captain Obvious... Dudly BloozeRight

I can't wait to see what you call me next.

I was clear as-too what my intentions regarding the E-brake were.

Yes you were, you considered three options and chose none. Perhaps you base the quality of something on the number of things you consider.

Do fiberglass parts normally come with a rough underside?

I was searching for the quality you were talking about earlier that supposedly set your car apart from the pack. I can tell you my "stupid" 308 replica has inner and outer shells for both the front and rear lids, and my "stupid" 355 replica has an inner shell for the front lid.

if your that overly concerned you should inform all venders that they should prep the underside of their products

You see? There you go again putting words in my mouth. I'm not concerned about what venders do, or what the F40 is like, only what you say you're doing to your car which raises it above and beyond the level of a typical kit car. It's all about "tweaking" as you've said time and again.

So, have you talked to cornersonrails yet to confirm what the nature of my post in "your" thread was? And now after falsely accusing me all you can do is keep up the school yard tactics? How big of you.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bloozberry

7760 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Here, let me help you come up with another derogatory name for me: I'm French, Canadian, white, balding, conservative, and Catholic. That should help you out.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bloozberry

7760 posts
Member since Jan 2009

Originally posted by ferrobi:
This will just go on and on and on and on and on.

Unlike you I have more important things to do.

(Edited for duplicate post)

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Dude the only thing you are schooling anyone on is the fact that you are now offically the Shaunbag of the kit car owners on Pennocks

This is funny. You hit the nail on the head and drove it home.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes you were, you considered three options and chose none. Perhaps you base the quality of something on the number of things you consider.

You said, "Perhaps" and this is what you're going with. So you're trying to be Dr. Bloozeberry of the Mounties, hehe.

After talking with Chris he suggested two options. One was to use Brembo Viper e-brake kit. They're pretty and should stop a car on a dime, but they are not cheap.

http://roeracing.com/produc...t=370&idcategory=151

A thread on the NSX forum has the kit.

http://www.nsxprime.com/for...wthread.php?t=137632

Giving the situation I'm in (N* automatic and to pass inspection) -I think I'll use the spot e-brakes for now. It's not like inspector is going to drive my car off and go power sliding or drifting in the parking lot to pass. As Chris mentioned the e-brake bracket grade of material should be made of thicker material, but since the clapping power is so weak it surely won't come close to bending the bracket. However, it would be nice to have a e-brake system that can stop on a dime. Just to add; I also reviewed the e-brake for the Lamborghini on Ebay. They want $400 per side-I don't think so.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or the hidden quality in these pictures:

And what's that rusty thing you're hiding behind those big brakes? Is that the quality we should all be striving for?

So Dudly, what you are trying to say is my car is completed and therefore all of the areas that have rust are to remain as-is. Wow! I didn't know you knew may thoughts and were car is headed. Amazing Captain. Amazing. You should've been around when it had 8" rotors with stock brakes and when the backend looked like a hearst , hehe.

Let see the transformation process:

I removed the rust.

Now, that's purdy.

I've been working and #020 is running a bit behind, but Steve was still putting in some time fabricating CAT/CAPS.

As you know, the original caps are shot and rusted out. I'll have the outer layer removed, drilled and replaced. When I purchase the car I didn't know that the cats were rusted until my arrival at V8Archie's.

The fit just fine and I'll have them chromed later on.

Dudly please continue. I like hearing from you all of the various items that need to be corrected on my car. I won't be offended, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
There's a way to make your replica 2.8 engine sound just like the real Lamborghini/Ferrari engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...b4f8&feature=related

Items needed:

1. A friend
2. A beer/soda can.
3. A Replica.
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually with a CAI system, ported exhaust manifolds, Hypertech chip, hollowed out cat w/ stock exhaust and slow shifts at 6000 rpm, it is not too difficult at all!
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

O where to start Do u remember posting the day u got pulled over and said----
"The officer thought #011 was a Lotus when I first came down the hill. Hmm, I don't know why. He was somewhat puzzled about it being a custom kit-kar by DMV."

Looks like u just called it a "kit-kar". There realy is nothing KIT about building one.You have to do more fabricating than can be imagined,and yes that means more than you fabricate or "build" on any of your cars, I use the word build loosely in your case,and have u ever realy stoped and read-looked at your own postslook at me,look at me? And what company can I call for a part for my Replica??? Where as u can buy the Vette brakes on E-bay.Like most of the other cobbled together parts,your so proud of. And "let me seriously school you" when u have a wreck theres not a lot of cars from Lambos to Fieros that u can just go buy the part and bolt it on. Now u do have a problem with the shortcomings in your life,and to compensate it seems you have a quest to always strive for something you cant acheive.The need to reach out to other people and to beleive that u r the better person and all will strive to agree with you is a farce and a goal you can never achive. Although you might not want to admit it,it is OK not to be the center of attention. The comment made earlier about your dash and people not saying anything is true. But things like that has only reinforced the coated haze of your own self intrested world. The hate and dissent you have inside for any one who disagree with you is hard to let go. IT CAN BE REACHED THOUGH. Also when you end your posts with "hehehe" you appear to be as smart as a 9 year old child
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011
[QUOTE]Originally posted by madcurl:

Last time I checked the car had three places for sporting the Fiero crest and the PONTIAC tail lamps are still there. Any questions?

appartenly that is the only Fiero parts you are proud to own....

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 03-04-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My final words in all of this:

There's three ways this will end:

1. in the Trash Can;

2. Archived;

3. Wiith all of us (including Curly) deleting our disrespectful comments.

Curly can do as he wishes, but I suggest that to all the kit car and replica owners out there, that we remove option 1 from the table by no longer specifically replying to Curly's constructive criticism, or at all for that matter. I believe everything that needed to be said has been said more than once:

That leaves only only two possible outcomes for this thread:

1. Archived and untouchable forever (which I believe would serve us kit car owners well), or

2. The willful deletion of the "constructive criticism" starting with the one who began it. Everyone walks away with their own opinion and the hatred stops.

PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
curly who?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So anyone have plans to build anouther kit car? I still want to build a 288 GTO. I am also looking at the profile of a 350Z and the V12 Vantage. Once I finish the wife's Fiero.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know anything about the black 308 kit car in Austin TX for sale?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Outdoing the original ! holy crap !!

Game over.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...KAAE&feature=related
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://autos.yahoo.com/blog...maker-200747320.html

"It's easy to find some poor sap who thought they could enjoy the attention of a Ferrari while driving around a Fiero with some extra fiberglass. But this conversion was clearly done by someone with an eye for proportion and detail; at speed, you'd be hard-pressed to spot the fakery as long as the top's not up or the owner slows down enough to let the plastic wood inserts shine."

Just another reason togo with your own design for many of the public are fully aware of fakery.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And there's absolutely no irony in you mocking people who crave attention in a "Fiero with some extra fiberglass".
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sorry I have stayed out of this thread for a while, madcurl I have always respected you for your build and think you have done a great job with your car but with what you are saying I disagree completely.
If I take a fiberglass murci body and modify it to where it is a little different than the way it was bought you would not consider it a kit but a "one off"?
reason I ask is because just about every aspect of the body on your car can be bought from Archie or Norm but since you have made small changes it is not longer a kit but a "one off"..
I have owned couple " kit cars" and several stock body fieros, I think your car looks great but really no different than a " kit car". you took fiberglass panels made by a couple companies modified them to look somewhat different than they come and call it a "one off" call it what you want bash all the so called " kit cars" but at the end of the day there is no real difference in your " one off " and a " kit car" if it helps every one get along how about just go back to the old term of rebodies

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 06-08-2012).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bomaze:

I also got the notice in the mail about KIT CAR, the writing has been on the wall for some time as a majority of the articles have been based on Cobra replicas. Don't get me wrong I love the Cobra kits, but I have an keen interest in the Fiero based kits, which have been lacking in coverage the last few years save for an occasional Diablo kit now and then. With the loss of KIT CAR where will someone like me turn for info on Fiero based kits? I know some here may think it blasphemous to cut up a Fiero, but I have owned 4 Fieros and loved and continue to love the car, but it was the magazines such as KIT CAR that opened my eyes to Fieros at a young age. Just seems like an end of an era. Is this the end of Fiero based replicas as well?

LET ME SAY FROM THE GET GO> I DIDN"T READ THE 8PAGES ad it was a pissing match on the last page....

MY take is this ALL CAR MAGS are going away.. the internets news right here right now.. makes most NEW tech or stories, old by the time the mag hits the newsstand or your mail box.. as the volume goes down. their cost goes up per copy.. with tablets and smart phones.. paper media is all but dead..
as far as the KIT CARS themselves.. the fiero based ones are going as the base car is getting harder to find.. cheap.. no one wants to buy a 5k car to rip it apart..
KIT cars are not dead.. FFR is proof they have a cobra, a daytona ,a 33 ford .
THe company that sold street beast.. did no one any favors..
and lastly the commies that tell you what you can and can't do on your own land.. HOA are nazi's and way tomany new 'hoods have them in place..
kit cars dead.. na.. today is easier than EVER to build one.. want a 427 hp lsIII it's only a stop at your local g.m. dealer
the economy killed allot of companies... and kit cars where no different..
It be nice if some of the older kits,when the economy get back on it's feet. and do like FFR and build the chassis so the donor only needs to be had for it's parts not the whole car..
the trend of the rat rod also.. somewhat made the car hobbie cheap to get into for allot of people.. not talking the pro build rat rods..
the guy that buys a junker and builds a quick and dirty build.. and drives it..
really wish that TREND and the pantina tread came 15 years earlier. as I'd have driven the wheels off my 70 chevelle instead of try'n to restore it..
and ending up selling it without it ever turning a wheel under power..
kit cars are not dead.. the economy just isn't there for them to thrive..
someone needs to make a kit of the holden iffe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock