Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information by timgray
Started on: 07-08-2008 08:32 AM
Replies: 187 (4568 views)
Last post by: southpaw_mi on 04-09-2009 06:51 PM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim, Bob Birchmeir who built the DGP car was very happy with the copy you shipped him from me. Here is some of what he said

---------Rich I received the book on the Fiero meet in Pontiac and was highly impressed by the turn around time and the quality of the book. Thanks a million very well done, by the way are you in any of the pictures?-------------------

He was supposed to be there but his wife had health issues just a few weeks before the show. I enjoy keeping his car alive and know he lives his past every time I send him off another magazine with his old car in it. Thanks again. Rick B
IP: Logged
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got home and finally opened the package. I love it! The book is great. I now know what you mean by having a hard time choosing pictures to use in the book. I feel fortunate to have my car(The white fastback with the Japanese plates) get it's own shot as well as a brief appearance in the DVD. I had to play it for the entire family.

Thanks again Tim!
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a reminder, the book is only available through the publisher anymore at ..

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/349809

It is essentially the same price but they can pack and ship it faster and better than I can.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim... you wouldn't happen to know what 'Hardcover ImageWrap' means, wouldya?... it is $3 more than the dustcover version.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Tim... you wouldn't happen to know what 'Hardcover ImageWrap' means, wouldya?... it is $3 more than the dustcover version.

It means they print the cover on the book not on a paper jacket. I bought one that way because I always destroy the paper covers.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 12-09-2008).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:
It means they print the cover on the book not on a paper jacket. I bought one that way because I always destroy the paper covers.

Dave, does it look good?... Bright colors & glossy? you mind posting a pic?
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exactly, the hardcover is printed directly onto. It's glossy, but you are missing the inside flaps that the dustcover has. I have not seen one of the imagewrap books personally, but everyone that has one is happy with it.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Dave, does it look good?... Bright colors & glossy? you mind posting a pic?

It does look good , not a glossy as the one with the dust jacket. here's a pic
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

excellent! thanks Dave... that green nudge in your bar is from me. I appreciate it.
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ooo It looks great. And in 2 weeks i get to open mine up
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok it's time....

Has anyone, Other than Mark, found the easter egg on the DVD?

Mark found it when I sent him a preview copy to review. I made it a tad bit harder to find after he found it so fast.

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
opened my coffee table book/x-mas present tonight...

I am very proud of it... There is almost too much to cover! I don't envy you the task of trying to whittle down what made it!

My car makes 3 appearances, 1 of them taking up 1/2 a page... sweet.

Catch you at the 30th!

------------------

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, My best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

southpaw_mi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for southpaw_miClick Here to visit southpaw_mi's HomePageSend a Private Message to southpaw_miEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you liked the book. It was really a tough job deciding what pictures were going to be in the book and which ones weren't. We are contemplating doing another book just on the prototypes, just because of them being sold, we may never see them again. I just got my Associates degree, so I will have more time to work on the next book now that I'm not working & going to school. With working 40 hours, I'll be able to work on it for an hour or 2 each day and should have it done by the end of January. We may use a different publisher, one where we own the ISBN so we can sell the book in Barnes & Noble too. We are still looking into it.
It really sucks that we didn't make hardly any profit off the book, because that is where Juli and I spent all of our time, taking pictures. Tim did the DVD, from filming to editing, all by himself and I have applauded him on it. He did a wonderful job. We actually are making money off the DVD, but still it only just covers the expenses of being at the event.
Hope you will be getting the DVD too!
Doesn't have to be right now, I know money is tight for everyone.

Thank you for enjoying our book.

------------------
You only get out of life what you put in it!

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember everyone.

The book at the store is SOLD OUT. But you can get it from the publisher. Go to the store and click on the book item to find the link to the publisher.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/349809

is where you can go to buy it right now.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 12-21-2008).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by southpaw_mi:
Hope you will be getting the DVD too!
Doesn't have to be right now, I know money is tight for everyone.

Thank you for enjoying our book.

yes, I got the DVD too... but it won't be unwrapped until Christmas Day.

I hate to read that you guys are not making money on the book sales. Even on a low volume run, at $50 a pop it seems like there would be a nominal amount sent to the author/photographer. I can't imagine that it would cost more than 1/2 of that to print your book... but I don't know a durn thing about the printing industry either.

At least you made enough to cover your trip expenses and publishing costs. Maybe by the time you write some of that off as a business expense on your '08 taxes... you might indirectly come out ahead
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The books cost $46.96 each to print in lots of 10 or less. Then they charge a fee for selling them it works out to about $1.00 for each book I get, and that does not even start to cover the cost of making it, etc...

The book was made for everyone to have for the 25th. I really wanted one to remember the event and I decided to share with the rest of you

The DVD's I will make money on when I get past the 100 sold mark. I'm at the 58 sold point now. I am sure it will get there eventually. I need to get the word out to all the fiero groups out there, It seems that most fiero owners are not online.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 12-22-2008).]

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2008 end of year...

54 DVD's sold. I need to get more word out about the DVD. there has to be more fiero owners interested int he thing.
62 Books sold. It seems I got some extra book sales from the Blurb showcase of the book.

So, later this month, I'll be donating $54.00 to the Michigan fiero club for hosting the 25th. and $13.50US to Cliff for running PFF for us. I think that will buy him 1 beer, The exchange rate from USD to Euros is really bad right now.

I hope sales pick up in 2009, if anyone has any ideas on how to get the word out to more Fiero owners that would be great. I need to sell 100 of these things to break even and cover the costs of filming it. I have not heard back from any of the Fiero clubs about getting word out to their members.

My wife is filing through all our 3500 prototype photos and thinking about making a 240 page Fiero prototypes photo book this spring.

All in all a fun year for Fiero ownership and enjoyment.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim,
I am in the process of working on my web page and another for our Cleveland group. I will make sure it is advertized on both for you when I get the new pages up. www.FieroPaceCar.com Will my car make the Prototype book??? That would force me to buy two more for Bob B and I. Thanks,,Rick B
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your's technically IS a prototype. so yes.

I might have to make a drive out to Fred's house this spring to get more photos of the Yellow PPG and the other car he just acquired. I need to email/call him and ask if he is interested and make arrangements.

It might be a neat idea to also collect a bunch of info about each car and at least have a page on each car about them. It's just a concept about the book right now. I need to put together an outline and a plan for it first.

We are talking to some big publishers to see if we can offer it to a wider audience in amazon.com and Barnes and noble.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred will probably tell you NO,,, Hahahahahahaha yah right.

Just let me know what you need if anything on the car. I can have Bob personally write somethign if needed? Thanks,, Rick B
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim,

I can get you the e-mail addresses for all of the Fiero clubs that I contacted about the 25th. You could e-mail them a flyer and get it into their newsletter and/or up on their website?

There is also the Yahoo Fiero group: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/FIERO/

Mark
PFF
System Bot
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Got the info!
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the DVD Tim.
It was worth it just to have the John Callies Indy speech on DVD.
I'll order the book from Blurb too if they take PayPal.

Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

southpaw_mi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for southpaw_miClick Here to visit southpaw_mi's HomePageSend a Private Message to southpaw_miEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
February bump!

------------------

southpaw_mi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for southpaw_miClick Here to visit southpaw_mi's HomePageSend a Private Message to southpaw_miEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mid-February BUMP!!
southpaw_mi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for southpaw_miClick Here to visit southpaw_mi's HomePageSend a Private Message to southpaw_miEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
St. Patricks Day bump! It is our photographer, Juli's birthday Tuesday!

------------------

southpaw_mi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for southpaw_miClick Here to visit southpaw_mi's HomePageSend a Private Message to southpaw_miEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is April, here is the Easter bunny bump!

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock