Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The first 2020 'official' election prediction thread..... (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The first 2020 'official' election prediction thread..... by maryjane
Started on: 11-01-2020 12:05 PM
Replies: 756 (10744 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 01-22-2021 02:14 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I would also be remiss in not reminding you ...that President George W. Bush won his 2000 election after 36 days of litigation past election day.

We're now on day 5 with this one...

Just imagine the riots.

Originally posted by sourmash:

If that's true then it's possible they're just driving up the furor to a more intense level.

Indeed.

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Following the 2018 (Georgia) election, Republicans had a 35-21 majority in the Senate and a 106-74 majority in the House. The party also controlled the governorship, creating a Republican state government trifecta."

Georgia Governor Kemp came under a tremendous amount of in-state flack for re-opening the state as early as he did even tho President Trump heaped public praise upon him several times after the gov announced plans to reopen. Kemp will be in the political fight of his life in the 2022
campaign against Stacey Abrams.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

"Following the 2018 (Georgia) election, Republicans had a 35-21 majority in the Senate and a 106-74 majority in the House. The party also controlled the governorship, creating a Republican state government trifecta."

Georgia Governor Kemp came under a tremendous amount of in-state flack for re-opening the state as early as he did even tho President Trump heaped public praise upon him several times after the gov announced plans to reopen. Kemp will be in the political fight of his life in the 2022
campaign against Stacey Abrams.

Here, our governor, Doug Ducey is under fire for exactly the opposite reason. He was very well respected up until he shut down the state. He may have ended his career.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Here, our governor, Doug Ducey is under fire for exactly the opposite reason. He was very well respected up until he shut down the state. He may have ended his career.

He's a conservative. Arizona has turned bluish. He was under fire no matter what, and if the 2 opposing candidates' votes in 2018 were added together, Ducey would have barely won..
Doug Ducey (R) 56.0% 1,330,863
David Garcia (D) 41.8% 994,341
Angel Torres (G) 2.1% 50,962

https://tucson.com/news/loc...17-0fe7544d376b.html

Texas: Total cases=1,019,976... Daily new cases=+6,584...Active cases=162,636
Arizona: Total cases=259,264...Daily new cases=+1,880...Active cases=209,868
Texas population=39 million.
Ariz population=7.4 million.
There's something very much wrong there.

In several states forthcoming, the winner is going to be the candidate that is best able to get the most of THEIR voters out to vote. Georgia is evidence of that.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-09-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Says the guy confined to a wheelchair.

Hey, you wanted to go there.

I'm surprised by you Patrick... I know you like a fight, and I know you enjoy scrapping... but is this how you want to be judged?

Clean this up and apologize...
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I'm surprised by you Patrick... I know you like a fight, and I know you enjoy scrapping... but is this how you want to be judged?

Recently, there was an inflection point in the history of this Totally Off Topic section of Pennock's Fiero forum.

August 15, 2020. "A heads up. New forum rules soon." A thread started by Cliff Pennock.

I think of it as a boundary line. Before was "old forum rules." From August 15, 2020 forwards, we have had "new forum rules."

A pundit (there's actually another word I want, begins with "r", but I can't quite think of it) might well be prompted to observe:

This is the old forum rules era's revenge upon the new forum rules era.

That's as far as I want to go here, for the moment.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
raconteur

I found it. After I figured out a way to find it. I thought that the first three letters were "rac" and that's how I found it. With Google.

Hallelujah.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice try, Fats. You appear out of nowhere to take a dig at me. Did randye PM you an alert?

Perhaps start reading from Here and bring yourself up to speed.

I didn't "appear out of nowhere" I've been on this forum as long as you have. You once again posted something that I found warranted a response. Just because I no longer post in every thread doesn't mean I'm not still reading through on the regular. Life is busy for a lot of people and we don't have time for your crap all the time. Nobody PM'd me... Actually, I'd better check my PM's, it's been a while and I'm horrible about that.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apologize for what? Get serious.

I don't recall you ever asking randye to apologize to Boondawg or rinselberg in all the freakin' years he was allowed to act like a total dick towards them and many others in O/T.

Perhaps start reading from Here and bring yourself up to speed regarding the actual exchange that occurred between randye and myself in this thread. He practically dared me to "go there", so I simply accommodated him. If randye wishes to continue to try to belittle people here, he's going to get a response.... one way or the other.

I owe an apology to no one, least of all to some pseudo-bully who's been an unrelenting scourge of the forum for years.

Originally posted by randye Here:

Perhaps I do wish to go there.

It fits you perfectly:

impotent.

ADJECTIVE

unable to take effective action; helpless or powerless.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taken out of context of the conversation - which was your interest in our election and your inability to vote for your PM.

Originally posted by randye:

Doesn't change the fact that YOU still can't vote for our President OR your own PM which renders you extraordinarily impotent.

end quote

Just to keep this real.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apologize for what? Get serious.

I don't recall you ever asking randye to apologize to Boondawg or rinselberg in all the freakin' years he was allowed to act like a total dick towards them and many others in O/T.

You're acting like a child. There's a difference between antagonizing someone who acts a certain way by choice (Boondawg) and someone who is physically incapacitated by something out of their control.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're acting like a child.

...and you're behaving like a uncompromising partisan, completely blinded by your own dogma.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Georgia teeters on the brink of a statewide recount, Georgia's Republican secretary of state fires back at charges of election mismanagement from Georgia's two Republican Senators, Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue.

Brad Raffensperger replies to criticism from [Georgia's two Republican U.S. Senators] by suggesting they focus on their [January] runoff races instead of his job.

Perdue and Loeffler, whose races are headed to a runoff in January, claimed in a statement that there was “mismanagement” in the election and a lack of transparency from Raffensperger regarding the process for counting ballots, echoing unfounded claims from President Donald Trump who has refused to concede to President-elect Joe Biden.

The state's 16 electoral votes have not allotted to either presidential candidate, but Biden is leading by a slim margin in the state with 99 percent of the expected vote in, according to NBC News. The state is headed for a statewide recount, but Raffensperger said a change in the outcome is "unlikely."

Dartunorro Clark reports for NBC News; November 9, 2020.
https://www.nbcnews.com/pol...ion-two-gop-n1247187

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-09-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.realclearpoliti...ults/2020/president/

This was updated at about 7:35 pm MST:

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was updated at about 7:35 pm MST:

Once again it is worth reminding folks that the Gore v Bush 2000 litigation went on for 37 DAYS before the ballot issue was decided by the SCOTUS and victory was given to Bush.

We are only on day 6 of this one.

The majority of lawsuits were just filed by the Trump campaign in various states today.

Moreover, Biden is NOT the "president elect".

That is a Constitutional legal term that ONLY applies after (if) the state electors meet on December 14th and vote his way.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-09-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump has closed the gap in Arizona by an additional 4,000 votes since Saturday.

The more I look at it, the more I see that Trump is going to have to win PA. He is 0.7% behind, which is where he was in AZ two days ago. But, I think it is going to take a court to clear up that mess.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-10-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and you're behaving like a uncompromising partisan, completely blinded by your own dogma.

Not everything everyone does is politically motivated.

Also I would venture to say 82T/A's "dogma" tells him to be kind to others, even his ememies.

In context the comment that led to your retaliation is this word:

im·po·tent
adjective
unable to take effective action; helpless or powerless

(as olejoedad also noted)

Which I don't understand how you could mistake, since when it was originally posted it was clarified so it also included the definition, before your response.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-10-2020).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not only have the newsmedia taken it upon themselves to call the election, but now they're accusing Republicans of trying to overturn it. The election isn't even complete yet!

Remember, these are the same people who cried "Not my President!" in 2016.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Not only have the newsmedia taken it upon themselves to call the election, but now they're accusing Republicans of trying to overturn it. The election isn't even complete yet!

I cannot recall any news media reporter or broadcast anchor or host that said "Trump is not my President" after the 2016 general elections.

Not any of the ones that I follow on a regular basis.

A source, or a guest that was being quoted or interviewed on air--OK. I don't doubt that. That any number of sources or guests said explicitly or in so many words that "Trump is not my President." But not any of the reporters or anchors that I am familiar with.

This is one of the most prevalent and enduring "misleads" that are commonplace on Pennock's O/T. The false or misleading attributions about who actually went on record and said (in this case) "Trump is not my President." Or said something else.

Here's a media moment from earlier today that I myself saw and heard live. I offer it only for the entertainment.

NBC's Ken Dilanian caught swearing on hot mic. (This report includes the video and audio.)
The Hill; November 10, 2020.
https://thehill.com/homenew...-swearing-on-hot-mic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So many sheep being led. The news is so blatantly bias it is insane. Folks will name these news sources and say they are neutral or centrist. Much of the public actually thinks its a done deal. Crazy.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arizona update: with about 55,000 ballots left to count, Trump now trails Biden by about 12,800 votes. Based on the statistical trend and barring some sort of anomaly or shenanigans, Trump will take AZ.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Arizona update: with about 55,000 ballots left to count, Trump now trails Biden by about 12,800 votes. Based on the statistical trend and barring some sort of anomaly or shenanigans, Trump will take AZ.

Assuming all those votes are legitimate and legal.
If, I did the math correctly, that would mean DJT needs 33.900 votes out of the 55.000. I don't know AZ but it has appeared as purple if I remember correctly. That might be a tough number to reach. Don't get me wrong, I do hope he gets all 55.000 votes but, I'm not very confident DJT will get enough of the 55.000 votes to make it matter.
Hopefully, my math is all screwed up. ;_

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Assuming all those votes are legitimate and legal.
If, I did the math correctly, that would mean DJT needs 33.900 votes out of the 55.000. I don't know AZ but it has appeared as purple if I remember correctly. That might be a tough number to reach. Don't get me wrong, I do hope he gets all 55.000 votes but, I'm not very confident DJT will get enough of the 55.000 votes to make it matter.
Hopefully, my math is all screwed up. ;_

Rams

The recent counts are running 59% in Trump's favor and most of what is left remaining comes from red counties. My cactus is still half 59% full.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May be old news to some but, I just learned this:

Republican Sen. Thom Tillis defeats Democrat Cal Cunningham in North Carolina

There is still hope to retain the Senate.

Rams
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Very clever, good post.

I'm sure both sides feel that way.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The recent counts are running 59% in Trump's favor and most of what is left remaining comes from red counties. My cactus is still half 59% full.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In red counties in AZ, Biden is getting between 25% and 40% with the sparsely populated red Navajo county giving him 45%. The libertarian candidate gets between 1% and 2% in every county in the state.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

??
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/1...n-state-ag-says.html
??
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now there are Demorat Lotto Tickets turning up everywhere:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2020 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A simple site to track the numbers "live"

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There also seems to be some controversy about ballots filled out with sharpie pens. Many votes apparently weren't counted. Lawsuits are being filed. Newsmedia is saying everything is fine.

Who to believe? I don't have that answer.

Then you have postal workers caught on camera dumping mail into a ditch.

Unfortunately, the video doesn't describe the mail that was dumped. Although they did mention fliers. Maybe it was just some junk mail? Maybe it was politically motivated? Hard to tell.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

May be old news to some but, I just learned this:

Republican Sen. Thom Tillis defeats Democrat Cal Cunningham in North Carolina

There is still hope to retain the Senate.

Rams

Tillis is a tool. Cunningham is too but slightly less so.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then you have postal workers caught on camera dumping mail into a ditch...

I watched that video a couple of times, and they kept referring to "a postal worker" who had dumped mail. However, there was not a single mention made that this had been done more than once... despite what the video itself was showing us.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2020 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, that sure would be a big deal.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zMDtOtGFrYg

I have no idea the actual merit.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2020 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Well, that sure would be a big deal.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zMDtOtGFrYg

I have no idea the actual merit.

I have heard several interviews with Sydney Powell on this subject over the last few days and she says evidence is pouring in "like a fire hose". From what I know about her, I would not want to argue against her. She is pretty solid.

I am counting on her.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2020 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope everyone is listening to the press conference. Sydney Powell is absolutely right. This is big.

https://www.c-span.org/vide...nce-legal-challenges

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-19-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2020 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing to see. Move along
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock