Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The first 2020 'official' election prediction thread..... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The first 2020 'official' election prediction thread..... by maryjane
Started on: 11-01-2020 12:05 PM
Replies: 756 (10742 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 01-22-2021 02:14 PM
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

We will see soon enough!

MAYBE.
Or it might take days or weeks.
IP: Logged
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That's good to hear. I hope voter turnout is similar to this across the entire US. That way, no matter who wins, we won't need to hear the losing side whine about how 30% of the population has determined the electoral outcome.

Oh i wouldn't count on that Patrick. We already have record turn outs all over the country. But! Trump has already declared for months, or even longer, that if he loses, its because the system is "rigged", and the Dem's cheated. So if Biden win's, the Republicans will clamp onto that narrative and carry it for years. Flip it the other way, Trump and the Republicans have been on a massive crusade with lawyers, filing lawsuits in states, doing what he can to get as many mail in ballots thrown out as possible, and they are not even trying to hide that fact. So if Trump wins, the Democrats will latch onto that, and that's all we'll hear about for the next 4 years.

Which ever one wins, the other side is going to be butthurt. How butthurt? and how will they react? We'll have to wait and see. Either side has its radicals that are more than capable and willing to take things too far.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 11-03-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nixon had an election stolen from him. So it happens. The illegals shouldn't be voting but they are. Dead people too. Multi-voting people too.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, at this point, I'll just be glad when it's over. I'm tired of getting a mailbox FULL of "VOTE FOR ME" flyers and my phone blowing up with texts (that I didn't ask for) stating the same thing. I was thisclose to voting for "other". Both candidates suck, IMHO. One's a shady criminal who only cares about himself and the other doesn't support the things I believe in (for the most part). (You decide which one is which.)

VOTE FOR ABRAHAM LINCOLN!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Oh i wouldn't count on that Patrick. We already have record turn outs all over the country. But! Trump has already declared for months, or even longer, that if he loses, its because the system is "rigged", and the Dem's cheated. So if Biden win's, the Republicans will clamp onto that narrative and carry it for years. Flip it the other way, Trump and the Republicans have been on a massive crusade with lawyers, filing lawsuits in states, doing what he can to get as many mail in ballots thrown out as possible, and they are not even trying to hide that fact. So if Trump wins, the Democrats will latch onto that, and that's all we'll hear about for the next 4 years.

Which ever one wins, the other side is going to be butthurt. How butthurt? and how will they react? We'll have to wait and see. Either side has its radicals that are more than capable and willing to take things too far.

Elections have always been that way. Just way more people are connected and watching. If we didn't have the media and social aspect this would have been an entirely different race.

I will be glad when its over, eventually.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove by the primary polling station in my county this afternoon.
The 2 parking lots across the roads from it looked full and much like a an nfl tailgating party.
Flags, BBQ pits, signs all over. 2 opposing camps.
Probably the biggest public/active & visual turnout I've seen in my life, but I spent a lot of years overseas.
Living in interesting times..
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ooooo, it's a tight race.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone staying up late to watch the minute by minute calls? Although it's noon here in China I am not watching anything. Just tell me whether I need to riot or go back to work.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Anyone staying up late to watch the minute by minute calls? Although it's noon here in China I am not watching anything. Just tell me whether I need to riot or go back to work.

There are several of us who will not be able to sleep until we know the answer. If I had to make a guess one way or the other, I would say that Trump will win. No big surprises.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am pretty sure we will lose Martha McSally, Lindsey Graham and maybe the whole senate.

As of 12:24 PM EST, you are 1/2 wrong.

Senator Graham holds onto his seat.

(Mitch McConnell wins again as well)
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

There are several of us who will not be able to sleep until we know the answer. If I had to make a guess one way or the other, I would say that Trump will win. No big surprises.

I don't know if we will get an answer one way or the other tonight. Some are saying the battleground states will be to close to call. However, as the map looks currently, if Trump holds on where he is leading I will be wrong and he will win. Biden has more called for him in his column but he's going to need to rally in several states to improve his projected possible electoral pool. I'm more focused on the Senate and the House as if the Republicans take the House and retain the Senate, Biden winning can end up being a moot point. Even if the Democrats take the Senate bu the Republicans take the House, Biden will feel the pain Trump has been feeling these last years. On the other hand if the Republicans take the House and lose the Senate and Trump wins, he will have a different type of quagmire going forward.

Unfortunately, I have to work early so I will be off to bed very shortly. I will probably wake up to a political map that will leave me wondering what happened.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I don't know if we will get an answer one way or the other tonight. Some are saying the battleground states will be to close to call. However, as the map looks currently, if Trump holds on where he is leading I will be wrong and he will win. Biden has more called for him in his column but he's going to need to rally in several states to improve his projected possible electoral pool. I'm more focused on the Senate and the House as if the Republicans take the House and retain the Senate, Biden winning can end up being a moot point. Even if the Democrats take the Senate bu the Republicans take the House, Biden will feel the pain Trump has been feeling these last years. On the other hand if the Republicans take the House and lose the Senate and Trump wins, he will have a different type of quagmire going forward.

Unfortunately, I have to work early so I will be off to bed very shortly. I will probably wake up to a political map that will leave me wondering what happened.

I think you have about summed it up. I don't expect any big news over the next few hours so I will try to get some sleep, but I will probably wake up every hour or so and check the news.

Oh, and don't give up on Arizona yet.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-04-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't followed it closely tonight at all , but it is a very tight race so far (12:23am central time)
Texas has stayed red is all I can say so far and it appears Florida did too..
Looks like Arizona went to Biden tho.
Good night.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I haven't followed it closely tonight at all , but it is a very tight race so far (12:23am central time)
Texas has stayed red is all I can say so far and it appears Florida did too..
Looks like Arizona went to Biden tho.
Good night.

Arizona 84% reported.
About 500,000 votes left to count
Biden has about 100,000 lead
And the call it
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7am ET and according to the MSN map (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/results-map), nobody's won yet. Maybe there are more accurate maps, maybe not.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I volunteered to work the polls in my voting precinct yesterday. Was a long day, bad knees don't help....
We were (almost) overwhelmed with the number of voters. Final tally showed that almost 82% of the registered voters came to vote yesterday (my understanding is that the norm is around 30 to 35%), that doesn't count mail in/absentee votes. Sheriff's deputies came to help control traffic. Congestion was the rule of the day. But, we got it done.

The rules specifically state that no lobbying or political signage can be within 150 feet of the polling place, I had to ask several folks to remove Trump facemasks and MAGA hats and a few folks wearing Biden masks/pins. Only one gave me any grief about it. Claimed I was violating her rights to free speech. She eventually gave up and turned her mask inside out and covered her MAGA hat with an American flag looking scarf. I really do believe she was just testing the waters to see if she could get her mug on TV. To my knowledge, she didn't get her wish.

What I did discover was that Mississippi has some beautiful voters. Yeah, I don't get out much. Wink

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a news blurb this morning, where they were interviewing a Mississippi voter that stated the state had some of the oldest ugliest election workers she had ever seen..
Unfortunately, it was subscription, so I didn't get to read it all or see the video part.

I see Oregon has now decriminalized all drugs, including heroin and psycho-delics.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-04-2020).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to an "expert" some states have 2 weeks to count absentees. So I wouldnt expect final counts til at least around then.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evidently no one voted for Neil deGrasse Tyson's asteroid. It, like The Great Blue Wave, was a no-show.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

According to an "expert" some states have 2 weeks to count absentees. So I wouldnt expect final counts til at least around then.

And to think America has gone into other Countries to help them establish elections systems.
I figured that this election would be close, contested and protested.
The pattern has already been laid out with the chatter about leaving the White House and voter fraud. The ball has been pitched and now the conspiracy theorists are swinging for the fence.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing I wonder, with the towns I heard that braced for "protests", if those "protests" don't happen til two weeks from now, will they still be ready?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

One thing I wonder, with the towns I heard that braced for "protests", if those "protests" don't happen til two weeks from now, will they still be ready?

Have there been any significant or violent protests today in the states that are known to have gone or stayed red?

(I assume not any in your state since (last I read) it voted/was called for Biden)
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was a news blurb this morning, where they were interviewing a Mississippi voter that stated the state had some of the oldest ugliest election workers she had ever seen..
Unfortunately, it was subscription, so I didn't get to read it all or see the video part.

Source??? Ya gotta provide a source!!!!!

We did have a mother/daughter team on one of the voting tables and, I'll admit that even after closing time, they would only attract a lonely Texan. But, I'm told they were originally from Texas.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see Oregon has now decriminalized all drugs, including heroin and psycho-delics.

Road trip!

Just kidding...
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a chance to look again. The way it looks now, the Senate will probably remain in the hands of the right. The House will likely stay in the hands of the left. Biden will likely win leaving the American people screwed as the Senate does whatever it can to block what comes from the House.

Prepare for SCOTUS packing attempts. All those who have said “still your President”, well Biden will likely be your President until he gets pushed out by Harris and Pelosi.

This election result, as close as it is just displays how deeply divided this country has become. It also shows that you can have ALL the support and votes you want in a red state, but those above what it takes to win the electoral in that state won’t change anything nationally (and vice versa). Republicans and Democrats are going to have to push for votes in those places they won’t win to sway minds until they sway enough to matter. Otherwise those places just become breeding grounds for the opposite party. Ignoring states you have no chance of winning will not make your future chances any better.

The apparent results I’m seeing so far do not surprise me. I was feeling hopeful because I had to. In the end though it looks like what I feared will likely come to pass. I have some ideas of what we may see in the near future. I just don’t know how any possible stimulus type relief will come to the American people with a party that is going to be bitter over their lose and is in a position to block what the house sends to them. Many people may likely be rewarded with evictions, foreclosures and shut downs for their support of their candidate. Can’t say I wouldn’t expect the same though if the Presidential winner was Trump and the control in Congress stayed as it is and likely will be again. Well maybe not a national call for economic shutdowns but more rampant virus spreading instead.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-04-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oregonians made their state the first in the United States to decriminalize the personal possession of illegal drugs, including cocaine, heroin, oxycodone and methamphetamine.

Measure 110 was passing by a wide margin in unofficial returns updated Wednesday morning.

The ballot measure reclassifies possession of small amounts of drugs as a civil violation, similar to a traffic offense. The penalty becomes a $100 fine, which a person can avoid by agreeing to participate in a health assessment. Selling and manufacturing drugs will remain illegal.

I agree with this and wish it could be adapted in more of the states and at the Federal level.
Criminalizing user is not going to fix it, filling up prisons with users is not going to fix it.
Skull ****ing those that manufacture and sell the drugs is also something that I agree with.

Get the drugs off the street, hit the dealers and the organized drug rings.
I would also like to see those that were put in prison for these offences be let out if that is the only reason they are behind bars.
Too much effort has been put into ****ing over the users and it doesn't leave room to **** up the dealers.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dunno what happened. Double posted. That’s what I get for using my phone, lol.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-04-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2020 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2020 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for us to start screaming and crying and carrying on "NOT MY PRESIDENT"

Dont forget the foot stomping, rioting and looting.....

(Yeh, probably not going to happen. But then the right isnt populated by spoiled children)
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Is that Gretchen?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Is that Gretchen?

In Joe Biden's America, it could be Bruce.

Rinselberg, you should be ashamed of yourself. To call that person fat is body shaming and to assume that that person is a lady just shows your xenophobic, binary bias. You might have to go to reeducation camp.

(The common association for that phrase is Wagner's Brunnhilde as she rides off into Siegfried's funeral pyre, but that image appears to be Barber's Cleopatra.)

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-05-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2020 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the apocalypse begins.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2020 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I agree with this and wish it could be adapted in more of the states and at the Federal level.
Criminalizing user is not going to fix it, filling up prisons with users is not going to fix it.
Skull ****ing those that manufacture and sell the drugs is also something that I agree with.

Get the drugs off the street, hit the dealers and the organized drug rings.
I would also like to see those that were put in prison for these offences be let out if that is the only reason they are behind bars.
Too much effort has been put into ****ing over the users and it doesn't leave room to **** up the dealers.

Agreed.
Why anyone should care or have anything whatsoever to say about what someone else puts in or does to/with their own body is beyond me.

Personal freedom, personal responsibility.
Who could be against that?

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Agreed.
Why anyone should care or have anything whatsoever to say about what someone else puts in or does to/with their own body is beyond me.

Close, I believe they need help, not to have their life destroyed.
Its still against the law they just reduced the punishment.

The reason its controlled in the first place is not because anyone cares what you put in your body.
Its to manage those that would take advantage of you because you like putting things in your body.

Please do not share any more about what you put in your body, that is your choice.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Time for us to start screaming and crying and carrying on "NOT MY PRESIDENT"

Dont forget the foot stomping, rioting and looting.....

(Yeh, probably not going to happen. But then the right isnt populated by spoiled children)

You're right, the right is not populated by spoiled children. It's populated with ignorant racist's armed with AR-15's.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

You're right, the right is not populated by spoiled children. It's populated with ignorant racist's armed with AR-15's.

You know **** you that's why, if you were here right now I would shoot you. A lot. <-- see that's a joke..

That's a very big brush you are using, perhaps you should look in the mirror next time you utter that and see if it stings at all. <-- not so much
Doesn't bother me as I am not either.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

The view of someone very deeply indoctrinated.
Not sure if you are serious.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-05-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Agreed.

How many crimes (against society and family) are drug related? 17% to 18% of all state and federal prisoners were convicted of crimes involvoing some kind of theft in order to buy drugs. Property related and personal assault/robbery type crimes, not the act of using drugs.
Or, as the Dept of Justice found:

A 2017 Bureau of Justice report reveals that 21% of sentenced people in state prisons and local jails are incarcerated for crimes committed to obtain drugs or money for drugs. Almost 40% of people locked up for property crimes and 14% of those incarcerated for violent crimes reported that they had committed their most serious offense for drug-related reasons. If these figures hold for the entire prison and jail population, that means over 473,000 people are behind bars for seeking drugs.

They aren't usually stealing drugs. They're stealing money to buy drugs. Or stealing other people's 'stuff' to sell for money to buy drugs.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock