Click here to visit the donation page | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  c5 Corvette rotors and calipers on you 84-87, mounting brackets (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
c5 Corvette rotors and calipers on you 84-87, mounting brackets by sluppy123
Started on: 05-08-2015 01:51 AM
Replies: 53 (2870 views)
Last post by: LostNotForgotton on 09-10-2017 08:21 PM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was under the impression you wanted the c5/c6 caliper?? Mounting the 13" rotors using the stock 88 calipers is simple, all that is needed is a bracket and a spacer for the bridge of the caliper to make it accept the wider rotor.

IP: Logged

Danyel

Feedback score:    (90)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 164
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

I was under the impression you wanted the c5/c6 caliper?? Mounting the 13" rotors using the stock 88 calipers is simple, all that is needed is a bracket and a spacer for the bridge of the caliper to make it accept the wider rotor.

C5/C6 calipers swap is very difficult and alot of mods must be made to use them properly ... I did buy those calipers when I had my Widow ... now I have an 88 Formula.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... but thank you fot putting out these kits .... they are really well made THX

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for saleMy LED Sidemarkers for sale

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 245
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
Fieroguru used to make these 13'' swap .... using the OEM 88 calipers

And... I do not condone someone copying my kit or others lobbying for it to be copied...

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

And... I do not condone someone copying my kit or others lobbying for it to be copied...

Show's your professionalism and sense of devotion to this forum THANK YOU GURU !!!

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well now I know what you guys are after I will have to figure out a few things. The 13" rotors he was using that work with the fiero calipers is going to be the fun mystery to solve. Might be too much to ask of guru to share that. Off to ebay and Brakemotive I go.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd would say check with ...

2004 subaru sti front rotors 12.84"
or
98 Cobra Mustang Front 13" rotor used a PBR 38x38mm calipers
and
99+ Cobra Mustang Fronts 13" rotor used a PBR 40x40mm calipers

I'd be leaning toward the cobra side ... with 13' a bit of trimming needs to be done to the 88 caliper for it to sit properly ... not a big modification..

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-12-2015).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I personally want vette calipers, or at least better calipers, over the 88.
The stock ones are garbage when you are putting down more power and especially for track days

I need an upgrade

Darth Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZClick Here to Email Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those kits definitely look amazing. I need to order a set, I only wish I would have been looking around sooner. I definitely need the front C5 kit. Have you started making the rear C4 kit for an 87 yet? And as DKcustoms stated, I would like a better grade of caliper than an 88 Fiero caliper. I cannot yet drive my car, but I do want to upgrade as I go, and I'm sure that the C5 brakes are a huge improvement over stock.

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With the help of a few forum members I think we have narrowed down the correct rotor. won't know for sure until I get my hands on one.

cavalier3400z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cavalier3400zClick Here to visit cavalier3400z's HomePageClick Here to Email cavalier3400zSend a Private Message to cavalier3400zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are the front and rear available for purchase?

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a few sets available, message me if interested.

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump to the top. I have 2 sets available if anyone is interested.

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageClick Here to Email LostNotForgottonSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you still have any rear bracket kits ready? I bought everything a while back that I need to make an install video except rims/tires. I just pulled the parts out to get ready for the video and realized that I do not have the bracket kit for the rear.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: