Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT and Notchback LED Tail Lights... Should I do another run? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT and Notchback LED Tail Lights... Should I do another run? by doublec4
Started on: 09-09-2014 10:27 PM
Replies: 166 (7068 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 08-13-2016 10:20 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump,

I have a few notchback kits ready right now and I've been sending out messages.

If anyone else is interested in the notchback kits, please post or pm me!

Thank you!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I have 2 assembled Fastback kits ready to ship.....

Danyel
Spalding1028

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested in a diy gt set once my tax return gets here.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just let me know

I don't have any GT kits left, but I know Danyel has a completed kit in stock.

Thanks!
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spalding1028:

I may be interested in a diy gt set once my tax return gets here.

ditto, if you do another run

dan
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just another bump... still have a few notchie kits left!

------------------

Embrace Racing

rednotdead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How difficult would it be to retain the reverse lights in the existing bar? I would have maybe considered the notchie version, but I greatly prefer the lights staying in the existing locations.

Excellent work though, the results are quite impressive!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some interest, but it depends on how the housings for the original lights are handled. Also, what sort of connectivity is used? Anyone have pics of that?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rednotdead:

How difficult would it be to retain the reverse lights in the existing bar? I would have maybe considered the notchie version, but I greatly prefer the lights staying in the existing locations.

Excellent work though, the results are quite impressive!

First, thanks!

Second, the reverse lights would be blocked by the black plastic backing. You can't really cut a hole in it because the control board is mounted in that location behind the black plastic backing. I have very slim white LED panels that can be used, but I have to find a way to create a while lens that can be seamlessly integrated into the red lens I provide. I have some ideas but I haven't had time to experiment lately to try and implement it.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 03-01-2015).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by tshark:

I have some interest, but it depends on how the housings for the original lights are handled. Also, what sort of connectivity is used? Anyone have pics of that?

Housings remain unmodified for both GT and notchback. You simply open the housing, (notchback you remove the stock red lens, they just fall out, no cutting required) place the LED panel inserts into place and close the housing. No cutting / drilling / glue / epoxy. You can go back to stock at any point. You don't even have to cut your wiring harness.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So your wiring plugs directly into the stock plugs?
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So your wiring plugs directly into the stock plugs?

Correct
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris .... email sent THX
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case I missed it, on the notchback lights, does it have the ability to turn the Park/ Non Park light option on and off? Or are they configured only one way so you can only have one option or the other?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'm confused. Will I still be able to use the factory reverse & pontiac lights? Where does the controller go?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

In case I missed it, on the notchback lights, does it have the ability to turn the Park/ Non Park light option on and off? Or are they configured only one way so you can only have one option or the other?

The boards are wired either ON or OFF there is no switch.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

I guess I'm confused. Will I still be able to use the factory reverse & pontiac lights? Where does the controller go?

If you are talking about GT since it has PONTIAC lighting here is what the kits look like..

If you look at the pics below of my unassembled tails you can see the positionning of the kit. I have installed MY OWN LED reverse light boards. The OEM reverse and PONTIAC lighting is not modified when using the kits .... you can see the positionning of the controller boards.

regards
Danyel
orygunparson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what's the latest news about a new run of these lights for GTs? Hope you'll be doing one.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is wondering how these tailights look installed, don't worry!
This is my notchback and they look great and I'm super happy with them.
Haven't gotten to drive my car yet, but here is a short video I took of them working, make sure you watch in 1080p (my third brake light is in-op for some reason)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq8dyRMe59I

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 04-13-2015).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doubledec and Danyel, you each have a PM.

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 08-08-2015).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs replied thank you
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
FeenixDarq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FeenixDarqSend a Private Message to FeenixDarqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you can get the reverses in there I would be all over a set of notchies assembled. I don't know what parts to get to relocate them on an 84 and I'm in the way far north Saskatchewan, supplies are difficult to impossible at best. and you cannot run without reverses here or the DOT gets pissy. I will possibly be changing to a different rear bumper so that might may a relocate pain too.

Also in the video...I cannot tell what sequence is running lights...if that just the outer? what sequence is braking...is that just the solid inner? hazards still retained I imagine? Are they firm in the housing once installed...no rattling...they don't shift around or rattle?

[This message has been edited by FeenixDarq (edited 09-03-2015).]

orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So.....
Are there going to be any GT tail light assemblies coming our way or is it all defunct? Haven't been here in awhile so thought I'd inquire.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I presently have an Fastback LED kit assembled and ready to be shipped ....
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

You have a pm.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt455:

Danyel,

You have a pm.

Replied
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also have one GT kit left here, the DIY kit. Contact me if you're interested!

------------------

Embrace Racing

orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any further activity here? Are there tail light assemblies available for the '88 gt?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by orygunparson:

Any further activity here? Are there tail light assemblies available for the '88 gt?

Do you mean LED kits or the tail lights ?

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Danyel, I was away for awhile. I meant the LED kit.

Thanks

Fred
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, Danyel, I was away for awhile. I meant the LED kit.

Thanks

Fred

Chris is getting needed parts ... dont have a shipping date though
regards
Danyel

PFF
System Bot
orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok! Let me know when it's ready. Thanks Danyel
orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

orygunparson

36 posts
Member since Dec 2014
Danyel, please let me know when you have them ready. Thanks!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel, please let me know when you have them ready. Thanks!

No problem ... regards
orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,
Any progress on the lights? Just wondering
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel,
Any progress on the lights? Just wondering

Chris said they should be here soon ... will PM him ... and get these to ya EXPRESS
regards
Danyel

orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Danyel!
Please PM me with the necessary info for payment.

Fred
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Roberthetrucker:

I would like to put an order in for the notchie set..can't let my son Daniel have a set an me be left out

The notchie kits are ONLY available in unassembled kits due to time it takes to put them together.....
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Thanks, Danyel!
Please PM me with the necessary info for payment.

Fred

PM sent thank you !!!!
orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,
Payment sent-Looking forward to the merchandise!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock