Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT and Notchback LED Tail Lights... Should I do another run? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT and Notchback LED Tail Lights... Should I do another run? by doublec4
Started on: 09-09-2014 10:27 PM
Replies: 166 (7066 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 08-13-2016 10:20 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few months ago I did a first run of LED tail light kits for the notchback and the GT Fieros. Had a great positive response from people

I'm looking to do another run of both types and I would like to know how many people are interested?

Post up if you would be willing to order a kit! Please specify which type and please only post if you are very serious about ordering. I need to get an accurate indication of quantities to order for supplies.

Notchback LED Tail Lights:

More pictures/video/details/price can be found here:

http://embraceracing.com/fi...lights.php?e=0,3,4#0

GT LED Tail Lights:

More picturs/video/details/price can be found here:

http://embraceracing.com/GTLEDlights.php?e=0,3,4#0

If you have any questions, please feel free to post questions or send me a PM.

Also, forum member Danyel has been providing assembly service for those of you not comfortable with soldering. He currently has one fully assembled GT kit available for the first person who wants it. I believe his fully assembled price is $325 plus shipping.

Thank you!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 09-09-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you already know... In for a DIY GT Set :-D
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... those are beautiful!
Nice work!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want a notchback set!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold for a gt set diy. What about the pontiac logo? Could you also do that in an led?
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a Fastback set pre assembled

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP 3.8 SWAP IN PROGRESS

My build thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082162.html
2002 Trans Am Ram Air 5000 miles
2014 Corvette Stingray
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2013 Mercedes C Class

jsmorter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be looking for a preassembled set for an 88 notchback but it won't be till around the end of october. How much and what payment? PM me. Also looking for a set of LED marker lights.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! Keep it coming!

Sent some PMs out!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be in for a set if it kept the reverse lights or came with LED reverse lights in the stock locations.

These lights are sweet and I love the sequential function, but I would need reverse lights too
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I'd be in for a set if it kept the reverse lights or came with LED reverse lights in the stock locations.

These lights are sweet and I love the sequential function, but I would need reverse lights too

I'm assuming you're referring to the notchback kit, correct? The GT reverse lights are not eliminated.

For the notchback kit, you can relocate your reverse lights to those little reflectors in the rear bumper.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me for a set of Notchback units. Let me know when they are ready.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

PFF
System Bot
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
I am in for a set of the GT Set. I would like a pre assembled set though. Thanks Daniel
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

daniel87fierogt

1793 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Chris,
Can i get both types of kits pre-assembled? If so i will take a fastback and a notchback set. Thanks Daniel
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

daniel87fierogt

1793 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Chris,
Cancel the order for the notchback set. I will still take the fastback set pre assembled though.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone, keep the messages coming. Danyel is calculating how much the assembly price is for the notchback kits. He will get back to me
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:
What about the pontiac logo? Could you also do that in an led?

Originally posted by DKcustoms:
but I would need reverse lights too

x2 on both of these. Can you get it without the sequential turn signals? Also, do the LED's wash out the PONTIAC on the GT?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't really customize the lights any more than I already have at this point to include the Pontiac logo. Developing and having the LED boards manufactured can be relatively expensive so I went with the lights that are used most often and that you would notice the most (brake / turn). Reverse lights and the Pontiac logo on the GT lights can just use regular LED bulbs for the most cost effective solution. The reverse lights are used so little that full LED panels would drive the cost of the kit way up. The Pontiac logo takes up so little real estate on the tail lights that again, it just wouldn't be worth the money. I would definitely suggest LED bulbs for those

Also, if you don't want the sequential function, just request it when you order and I can program it out to just flash normally.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why so costly..
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

why so costly..

Because of design time + assembly time + testing time + components aren't cheap + low volume flexible PCBs aren't cheap in large sizes

1Packrat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My review of the LED tail light assembly for the Fiero GT

I have to admit I also thought that it was a bit pricey for a tail light upgrade. The video convinced me to give it a try I liked the look and function. After having these installed for about 2 months now I have to say this, if you don’t like your car attracting attention then this kit is not for you. My car had never attracted as much as it has since this install. I have actually had people follow me into parking lots to ask what kind of car it is. You will not be able to stop at a gas station without answering questions. Of all my upgrades to the car this is by far the best bang for the buck.

As for the Kit

If you can read and solder then you can do the assembly. If not order it completed for you. It took me about 1 ½ hours to assemble.
The kit was extremely well packaged and complete. Shipping was very fast.
To me the turn signal is more of a strobe effect then sequential which is really nice.
The tail lights will be just as bright as the new led ones on the new Dodge Charger. (other vehicles will not tailgate you)

My changes to the tail lights

I personally did not like the flash rate of the flasher that was suggested. I am using a Tridon LF12 which has a slightly slower flash rate which leaves the turn lights ALL on for a fraction of a second longer which I like much better.

After installing the boards the P O N T I A C in the rear was way too dim. I replaced them first with 5 5050 T-10 Led’s bulbs which was better but still not bright enough for me. I then changed to 9 5050 T-10 led’s which was much better and what I am using now. I found them HERE

For the reverse lights I went with LED Bulb 2x1156 BAY15S Cree 7.5W Car Signal Head light Lamp Super Bright White. They are very bright more like headlights. I found them HERE

Suggestion

A replacement parts list needs to be available parts do fail over time.

Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Because of design time + assembly time + testing time + components aren't cheap + low volume flexible PCBs aren't cheap in large sizes

+1
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1Packrat:

My review of the LED tail light assembly for the Fiero GT

Thanks so much for those tips and links, that review was very helpful, even for someone like me who has already decided to order.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there going to be another run or are you still undecided? I want these for my car!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there's enough interest to do another run

1Packrat, thank you so much for your review!

Keep posting if you're interested, it's easy to keep track of people to contact this way

------------------

Embrace Racing

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep making these. I know I'll want a set, but my Fiero has far greater needs right now. Side question, the 3rd brake light on your red notchback. Love it! Is that something you made or something I can order somewhere? Thank you!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Keep making these. I know I'll want a set, but my Fiero has far greater needs right now. Side question, the 3rd brake light on your red notchback. Love it! Is that something you made or something I can order somewhere? Thank you!

That's actually not my Fiero in that picture. Another member has very similar taste (mafv8) Look him up and send him a pm about it

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have these GT light since the beginning of sumer.... and I get ALOT of questions .... I did do a little tweeking on the reverse lights using some of my home made LED bars.
Here they are in action .... I do assemble these and the kit is really well made ....dont forget the back up lights are my modules I do not make or sell them

Here is a video of my rear GT LED tail lights with my homemade led reverse lights.....

Danyel

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My required flasher came and I am anxiously waiting! Speak up guys, this is one top notch mod.

------------------

2001 Grand Prix GT High Compression 3800 SC

grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ready to purchase and pm sent.
raptor_vrscx

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raptor_vrscxSend a Private Message to raptor_vrscxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gt with sequential turn please
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd definitely want a set... It's a good winter project...

GT with non sequential flashing please!!!
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
friendly bump
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have parts on order now They won't be in for weeks yet, but I will be doing some pre-assembly soon and it's a go for another production run!

------------------

Embrace Racing

Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! I've been watching the thread, but didn't realize you made GT LED. YES. I need more info on them. So "YES" on another run.

Rob
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all
As you know I assembled the notchie and fastback kits for 75$ .... due to alot of work I am ONLY able to assemble the Fastback kits.. if you want an assembled fastback kit please contact me. Doublec4 sells me the kits and I assemble them for you. These prices DO NOT include shipping.
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

Anyone else wanna set of these bad boys!?
bdank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bdankSend a Private Message to bdankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will buy a gt set!!
Roberthetrucker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RoberthetruckerSend a Private Message to RoberthetruckerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to put an order in for the notchie set..can't let my son Daniel have a set an me be left out
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock