Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Dew Wipes now available (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dew Wipes now available by seajai
Started on: 01-23-2014 11:07 PM
Replies: 500 (25584 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 06-27-2023 11:01 AM
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrstan:

Hi,
I can not see if I asked or not in needing a set of outside and inside for 88gt.

Let me know how to proceed with that..

Thanks!
Stan

You did ask, I forgot to add you to the list. I rectified that error.
According to the email I received from UPS, my shipment of material should arrive this afternoon so I should have more ready by mid week.

IP: Logged
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my material Monday and I am working on getting sets made. I will continue to contact people as I have them ready to ship.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 11-30-2015).]

busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are these different than the ones I bought on tfs

I'm buying another fiero and these will need to be replaced on this car too.

Im curious
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my set, thanks for making them again
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

How are these different than the ones I bought on tfs

I'm buying another fiero and these will need to be replaced on this car too.

Im curious

This is an old review from 2008 that was done comparing TFS dew wipes to STU's dew wipes. My dew wipes are comparable to STU's with the only difference being the felt material I use on the tabs. Not sure if TFS quality has changed over the last 7 years.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072583.html

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 11-15-2015).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

This is an old review from 2008 that was done comparing TFS dew wipes to STU's dew wipes. My dew wipes are comparable to STU's with the only difference being the felt material I use on the tabs. Not sure if TFS quality has changed over the last 7 years.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072583.html

Great info, I pick up the car next week, this will be one of the first things I'm going to do!

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my package in the mail today! My early Christmas present!

As described, those dew wipes are good quality. The tube package itself is strong to protect against postal abuses. I'm pleased with what I purchased & look forward to install it when I get a chance over this winter. Thanks for a great product, Seajai!
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:
The tube package itself is strong to protect against postal abuses.

”Postal abuses” describes it well. I often think that they figure Dave Carroll's guitar is in each and every package, and each package must get the United Airlines treatment.

It took me about 10 minutes to get those staples out of the tube cap, so I could get to the goodies inside.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

”Postal abuses” describes it well. I often think that they figure Dave Carroll's guitar is in each and every package, and each package must get the United Airlines treatment.

It took me about 10 minutes to get those staples out of the tube cap, so I could get to the goodies inside.

Yeah, better than having it arrived with the lid opened. The trick is cut the staple in half from outside lid & pull two ends inside out. Piece of cake!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 11-19-2015).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The post office forced me to go to the staples. I was using nylon reinforced packing tape but i had a shipment arrive with the tape cut and the cap missing. My motto : if it's worth doing, its worth overdoing.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not complaining about you, seajai. I'm complaining about USPS.
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm not complaining about you, seajai. I'm complaining about USPS.

Didn't take it as a complaint towards me, it's all good . Sometimes it seems like the post office goes out of their way to wreck things.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are received....they are beautiful!
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great quality! Thanks

crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crashmydaytona

567 posts
Member since Apr 2013
Also torch and hammer seen in pictures not required to install seajai's dew wipes. Unless your door is bent to hell like mine
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where do I order? link?
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right here. Just send PM to seajai and he will add you to the list.

[This message has been edited by crashmydaytona (edited 11-27-2015).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would I be on a waiting list?

I want to get started on them asap
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

would I be on a waiting list?

I want to get started on them asap

PM sent

WhoDey

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhoDeySend a Private Message to WhoDeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have sets available?

------------------
Adam Keene

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhoDey:

Do you still have sets available?

PM sent
PFF
System Bot
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any shipping info, when it was sent, tracking?

I've not received anything
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any shipping info, when it was sent, tracking?

I've not received anything

Sent you a PM on the morning of 12/1 saying it was shipped and included the tracking number (9405 5036 9930 0200 7621 89). Please let me know if you did not receive it. It shows up as unread in my outbox.

I just checked the tracking, your package was supposed to be delivered on 12/4 but there hasn't been any tracking scans since it left my local post office. I will call them and find out what is going on.

Sent you another PM as well

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 12-09-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished installing Sejai's passenger side dew wipe today. The driver side went easy but the passengers side was a job and a half as it was hard raising that window high enough, up over the stops to get enough clearance to remove and replace the two hard to get screws from under the glass, but got it done. First one took 90 minutes second one took 3 hours.
Face it, the dew wipes on all 28-33 yr old Fieros are toast. Either you will replace those old brittle dew wipes now or you will be buying a new window later and still replacing the dew wipes. I highly recommend saving the window and doing the job now.
Sejai's dew wipes are top quality. The fit and appearance is just like the GM units . Outstanding product.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2015 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sold out of outer dew wipes. I will be ordering more material to make another run and should have them available in a couple weeks. PM me if you are interested and would like to get on the list for the next production run.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 12-19-2015).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today!
regal7point5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for regal7point5Send a Private Message to regal7point5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just PM'ed you....hopefully you received it as this is my first post. Been lurking for a while. Need a set when you get them completed.

Thanks,
Aaron
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seajai.....

Do you sell singles or only in pairs?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

seajai.....

Do you sell singles or only in pairs?

Only pairs. The material I get comes in 8' lengths and 1 piece makes a pair. If I sold just 1 I'd have an orphan unless someone else wanted only 1 side.

Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dew wipes arrived and are beautiful ! Their not being installed until the spring. Thank you so much for making another run. Their gonna look awesome on the car instead of the dry rotted cracked ones. Thanks again for an awesome product.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunderstruck, contact me if you need a single. I have no problem with it.
Diystu@gmail.com is the best way to connect with me.
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
BTW on installing these the trick is removing the top stops and the rear track. Pull the mirror nuts and the screws you can get to, then Roll up as far as you can. Slide back, roll up more, slide back again, roll up a third time and pull back again. If you have power windows have a helper pull up while running the window up. I'll guarantee I've installed these things for far more customers than anyone else... I think the most I've ever charged was a deck of cards the customer got for free anyway and then did the install on the blackest or blacktops and in the south Texas summer heat as well.

And the biggest hint I can give is to use a REAL screwdriver. Not a bit type or you will have huge problems, but something like a Klien Straight shaft #2 standard length screwdriver. And once you use one, you'll never use a different one again, unless you need a tent stake or pry bar.
Then returning screws USE TAPE to hold them to the screwdriver. Took me two hours alone to find a dropped screw inside a door once.

Last thought of the night, if you're not replacing inners and outer at the same time, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
This entire procedure gives you the ability to rebuild your entire door! 90% of the time your locks don't work is oxidization on the lock rods and the latch mechanism's grease is as hard as a rock. Polish the rods, clean the door out, clean and grease the latch, replace the paper cover, restore the car!

And as an update I sit here with an 87GT sitting in the weeds, leaking roof, shrunk leather, and trashed tires, but I'll still build and hand deliver dews if need be. Single sides? Just fine, same parts are needed to make two lefts or rights. It's an 8 foot strip, it makes two pieces, the other parts are non-directional. Old boxes were USPS and killed by USPS (go figure) I'll ship in PVC if needed and you can repair a drain leak or make a potato cannon with the container, just tell me how long you need it.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-08-2016).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stu, good to see that your still around. Good advice on installing the outers, I use the under-the-window method all the time and it works great.

However....... If you are looking to get back into building and selling dew wipes again, you need to revive your old thread or start a new one. If you wanted to sell a single to Thunderstruck GT, you could have just sent him a PM and kept it out of my sales thread. Please don't hijack my sales thread to sell your dew wipes.

Also, don't waste your money on PVC pipe for shipping, go to any flooring store and get the cardboard tubes from rolls of vinyl flooring or shower pan liner. They usually just throw them away and you can get then for free and they are plenty strong for shipping.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dew wipes are in stock again. PM me with your zip code and I will figure shipping.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mid-March bump. I have 3 full sets left out of my current run.
BlackCherryGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackCherryGTSend a Private Message to BlackCherryGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for a full set.

Thanks
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackCherryGT:

Payment sent for a full set.

Thanks

Received. Dews will ship Tuesday morning. Thanks!

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi seajai

Would you consider sending a full set to the UK via USPS? Please and thank you!?

Cheers
PK
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK

1249 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Hi seajai

Would you consider sending a full set to the UK via USPS? Please and thank you!?

Cheers
PK
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

Hi seajai

Cheers
PK

Shipped a pair to Scotland last fall. PM sent

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock