Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Dew Wipes now available (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dew Wipes now available by seajai
Started on: 01-23-2014 11:07 PM
Replies: 500 (25529 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 06-27-2023 11:01 AM
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to slowing sales and variety of other factors, I have decided to discontinue dew wipe production at this time.

8/4/15 update. I am sold out of dew wipes.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 08-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a P.M.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied
mongo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mongoSend a Private Message to mongoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of limited production runs occuring again in the future? Say... if a number of people commit to buy then a production run of just that number of wipes is made after the fact? Or even selling a DIY kit containing all the parts and a link to a youtube video demonstrating the assembly process?

[This message has been edited by mongo (edited 08-18-2015).]

Fierotregg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm needing a set.
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow this is horrible news. I'm not really ready for mine but if this last run is done I guess I'll have to jump in. I'm gonna need 2 sets of inner and outers. Let me know if this happens.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A final run has already been done, I may revisit them again in the future if nobody jumps in and takes over producing them. A DIY kit wouldn't work because of the type of rivets used to attach the pieces.
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea how I missed that news. I practically live on this site. Please keep us informed if you're gonna do another run.
mongo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mongoSend a Private Message to mongoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed. I just got the last kid out of my house and have free time to work on the Fiero.... so I started buying parts and found I missed the boat on the wipes.

If/when you decide to do another run, I am in for a set and have no problem pre-paying to ensure I get one.
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argh...
I haven't been here in a long time, but yesterday got to thinking about the terrible condition of my dew wipes. Our rain will be back in a couple months or so. Looks like I just missed them.

For whatever it's worth, count me as another motivated buyer.
luvfierosforever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luvfierosforeverSend a Private Message to luvfierosforeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so sad to see this! I have heard nothing but good things about the dew wipes you produce. It was going to be my winter project. One needs something Fiero related to do when the sn * w flies, right? I hope you reconsider and post that you are once again producing them.
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will look into doing another run this fall once all the car shows are done and my Fiero has been put away for the season.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am needing a set as well for the daughters car. If you need numbers to make a run worthwhile count me in for one full set!
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need another full set as well.
GadgetMaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GadgetMakerSend a Private Message to GadgetMakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would buy a set, mine are trashed.
luvfierosforever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luvfierosforeverSend a Private Message to luvfierosforeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to read that you may reconsider after the car show season is over. Will be following with bated breath
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to order a set.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every Fiero still in existence should need new dew wipes and every one that I come across has cracked dew wipes. Trouble is that they are so freaking hard to replace most do not attempt it. I just replaced a pair and because I was also doing a window replacement it was a piece of cake but changing them with the window up is a different story. From what I can see the center screws cannot be easily removed. I guess with Rodneys steel bar shallow head screwdriver you can get between the window and wipe but it ain't easy. A while back Anthony Cook shared a trick that he used to replace these. He removes the door panel (carefully of course) paints reference marks, unbolts the window stops and raises the window all the way up past the screw heads. Then a standard screwdriver can be used to reach the hard to get ones. You've got to be careful to not lose the shallow flat head phillips screws that hold the wipes in place. When I lose one I use old ones, but new they seem impossible to find. Anyone know of a source?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Every Fiero still in existence should need new dew wipes and every one that I come across has cracked dew wipes. Trouble is that they are so freaking hard to replace most do not attempt it. I just replaced a pair and because I was also doing a window replacement it was a piece of cake but changing them with the window up is a different story. From what I can see the center screws cannot be easily removed. I guess with Rodneys steel bar shallow head screwdriver you can get between the window and wipe but it ain't easy. A while back Anthony Cook shared a trick that he used to replace these. He removes the door panel (carefully of course) paints reference marks, unbolts the window stops and raises the window all the way up past the screw heads. Then a standard screwdriver can be used to reach the hard to get ones. You've got to be careful to not lose the shallow flat head phillips screws that hold the wipes in place. When I lose one I use old ones, but new they seem impossible to find. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks for the info Dennis. It would be nice if jelly2m8 would see this post. He could chime in to the procedure for replacement
tips. I know jelly2m8 personally and he installed new GM dew wipes on my 88GT. He's a good guy and does really good work.
I never met someone that turns wrenches as good as his fieros work / perform.

I hope he could give us some input on this technical info to make the job easier.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it doesn't really matter if nobody is making decent replacements.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removing the rear track and upper limit stops allows the 2 center screws to be accessed from under the window glass by rolling the window all the way up and shifting it to the rear of the door. I've got install time down to just over an hour per side start to finish using this method. I will be doing another run around November sometime so don't fret if you are in need of dew wipes. I may try and do an install video as well showing the under the window method.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that's good news ! It must feel awesome to be so valuable to the Fiero community. I hope I don't miss out this time.
Loudandfast13

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Loudandfast13Send a Private Message to Loudandfast13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for 2 sets when you do another run!
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down for a set as well, mine are about as bad as they can be, at least what's left of them.
Email is best for me too!

[This message has been edited by countach711 (edited 09-26-2015).]

firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set. Reach me by email when ready as I dont frequent checking my pm page
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a set as well. Please email me if you decide to do another run
firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set. Reach me by email when ready as I dont frequent checking my pm page
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are making a list please put me down for two sets of inner and outer. I'm not sure if you ever figured out the gap problem for the early 84s but that is what one of the sets are for. Please PM me if/when you're doing another run. If I'm gonna use repops I want yours because their the best !
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Put me in for a set inner/ outer.
fierogt_87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt_87Send a Private Message to fierogt_87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a full set if and when production resumes.
PFF
System Bot
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a full set, please PM me when production resumes.
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if this was meant to be a reservation list or not, but if so then put me on it please. I need one full set when available.

[This message has been edited by armos (edited 09-30-2015).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little trick I use that allows me to replace the wipes without tearing the whole door apart is to use wooden wedge shims from your building supply. They're commonly used to shim case windows and doors to square them in the framing.

After removing the inner door panel, dew wipe. the rubber filler piece at both ends, and mirror, mark the position of the felt guide nuts and loosen but do not remove them.

Lower the window and remove the screws that are easily accessible.

Raise the window and tip it inward. Cut away all the old rubber of the dew wipes.

Insert the dew wipe tool into the screw then slide the wooden wedge down between the tool and window. Exert enough pressure on the wedge to keep the tool engaged with the screw and loosen. Retract the wedge, reposition the tool and repeat.

No need to remove the door skin or disturb any part of the window mechanism or rollers.

Reverse the steps to install the new dew wipes. Use some form of sticky on the tool to get the middle screws started. I like to position a magna-stick just below the screw when removing or installing just in case it drops. They do like to find that very inaccessible niche in the bottom of the door.

Originally I used my fingertip between the window and tool and they were sore for days afterward.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10/16 update. I have ordered supplies and should have dew wipes available for shipment in about 3 weeks. Prices will be $95/pair for outers and $35/pair for inners plus shipping.
luvfierosforever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luvfierosforeverSend a Private Message to luvfierosforeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I should have said back in August when I posted, that I would like a set of outers. I didn't realize we were compiling a list :-/ My son might be interested in a set as well. Do you, or anyone make a replacement guide? I have a lot of glass scratches on the outside.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store sells guides.

I will be doing multiple runs so if you don't get in on the 1st run of 15, there will be more to follow.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 10-16-2015).]

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a complete inner and outer set when you are ready to ship. Thanks Daniel.
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a complete set. Thanks
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a complete inner and outer set.

Regards,

Freeman
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock