Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. by Synthesis
Started on: 04-02-2009 02:57 PM
Replies: 405 (16430 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 11-12-2016 05:37 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rix, shipped... Insured 400.
Customs form: CP616301044US
64 shipped. Just a hair over 5 lbs.
Timo's package is 18 lbs. That scares me.

dedgar, shipped. Delivery Confirmation and Insurance, 150.
Much more reasonable.. lol
0309 3220 0001 2927 4826

Other than Timo's package with his buckets and the harness (boxed, sealed and at the door), I am now fully caught up on all harnesses.

I was short on a few seals, so my estimates of having parts for 3-5 full harnesses was optimistic. I have one set of Tier1s done.

I have everything except relay sockets and the relay brackets to manufacture more harnesses. Those will have to wait on some funds. If I can sell the two KVM switches I have listed in OT, or the PC I have on Craigslist, then I can order sooner and begin manufacturing on new harnesses. Otherwise, it will be some time before I do.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 09-01-2010).]

IP: Logged
AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dedgar's arrived today. Sorry it took so long.
Animal, PM received. Let me look and see what's available.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 09-03-2010).]

88 Obsession

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 ObsessionSend a Private Message to 88 ObsessionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris I see you have a tier 1 harness ready to go. I'd love to buy it. Please let me know the details on doing this. Thanks, Ken
88 Obsession

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 ObsessionSend a Private Message to 88 ObsessionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis PM sent
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken, received. Paypal received. Tier1 is boxed, will ship tomorrow USPS.

Thanks!
Chris
wdg88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wdg88gtSend a Private Message to wdg88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis,

Got the harness...much thanks. Still do not have the buckets??? I thought they would be shipped together...can you let me know. Thanks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wdg88gt:

Synthesis,

Got the harness...much thanks. Still do not have the buckets??? I thought they would be shipped together...can you let me know. Thanks.

I thought for sure I shipped your buckets. I will check. I have one set sitting here that had me scratching my head.. lol

I'll let you know.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken, shipped today. USPS.
88 Obsession

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 ObsessionSend a Private Message to 88 ObsessionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris, I received the harnesses today. Thanks for everything, they look great! Ken
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wdg88gt:

Synthesis,

I did some searching, and found my shiplist. Yep, your name was on it for buckets, and I missed them. I'll be shipping them as soon as possible.
Sorry about that.

Missing a few supplies for new harnesses. I will be ordering as soon as funds are available.
PFF
System Bot
Mirriador

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I receive my harness today, great product but it miss some part

I send you a pm Chris

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't forget you guys, WDG and Mirriador.. Boxes are at the door. Did not get a chance to ship this week due to the work schedule.
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Syn, hadn't checked this thread in awhile. I see on 08-05-10 you said that you were caught up on hrnesses. I wasn't sure what that meant but I want to check on the status of my Tier 3 RBM. On 07-09-10 you replied (Bottom of page 8 of this thread) that I was still on the list and that you were waiting on connectors to finish several harnesses. Just checking on the status.
Thanks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woodrow, missed the update and your PM until now.

Parts are finally ordered, and will be in shortly. I will let you know.
White88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88FormulaSend a Private Message to White88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work on the harnesses I've been thinking of doing this upgrade to my car for awhile now, but where do you actually get the light and mounting kit to replace the stock bulbs?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lights can be purchased from Susquehanna Motorsports, or Yellow and Blue Lighting (PTC Factory Outlet).

The brackets are purchased through Myself or Fiero1Fan, but we are out of stock, and I have to ship the last remaining sets.

A new batch is in the works, with no ETA yet, as it is simply a funding issue on my part. I am paying back the money that Fiero1Fan loaned me when I had a catastrophic engine failure on my Fiero, which is my only car.

Hoping to have buckets before Turkey day, but nothing is set in stone at the moment.
Eau_Rouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eau_RougeSend a Private Message to Eau_RougeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update on new harnesses? Are these still being built?

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can we get pics of this? old pics got deleted or something
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump... ETA on new harnesses and/or buckets?

I've had my lights for a good while now and I would like to get them mounted and functioning as more than a shiny German projector paperweight.

Thanks,

- Jon
wdg88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wdg88gtSend a Private Message to wdg88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again...paid February 10th...still no buckets...
PFF
System Bot
woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Synthesis,

Checking in again on progess of the harnesses. The first week of October your message was that the parts were ordered and should be in shortly. Since I had hadn't heard anything, I thought I drop you a line on the Tier 3, rear battery mount, I ordered.
Thanks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woodrow, I thought for sure I had filled your harness order, but after reviewing my records, it appears I did not.

I am in the process of assembling your harness and will ship once it is done.
Progress is slow, as I am effectively one handed right now due to carpal tunnel issues.

Thank you for your patience. I'll keep you in the loop.
Mirriador

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Synthesis,

I still not receive mine!!!
the code for usps you give me still give no match...

Luc
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mirriador:

Hi Synthesis,

I still not receive mine!!!
the code for usps you give me still give no match...

Luc

Luc,
The code is the customs form, I do not believe it can be tracked via USPS tracking.
It should be there any time now. I have one more on hold for you, otherwise I can refund the difference if it does not come through for you.

fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

For a rear mount battery, additional power wire can be supplied at a small additional cost.

Where would you route this wire if you have a rear mounted battery?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen 3 ways of running the cable from the rear to the front or from the front to the rear.

1. Through the cabin: from the battery to one of the rubber grommets behind the ECM, under the middle console through the front wall at the grommet that is there in an automatic car that has no clutch cylinder ( My car has the clutch so I drilled a 10mm hole behind the gas pedal and used a rubber grommet to isolate the wire from the metal) and then to the lights using the wiring harness.

2. Under the car and along the gas tank, (It is recommended to use the ribbed cable tubing to protect the wire) then up through the spare tire well and then along the wiring harness.

3. Under the car following the coolant tubes towards the front.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Option 2 with the harnesses.

The front to rear power harness is pre-wrapped in ribbed wire loom and well taped. It runs along side the fuel tank.
If you wanted to run it through the vehicle, you'd have to have a hole in both the front and rear firewall at least 1.5 inches wide to make room for the plugs.
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

In the existing Fiero headlamp array, the power to the headlamps is run through the headlight switch, dimmer switch and then to the headlight. This is a very indirect path over 20+ year old electrical wiring. Upgrading to the twin relay harness will shorten the path for the power to the headlamps, and reduce the load on the existing headlamp wiring.

How well do the headlights work with the tier 1 setup compared to a 2 or 3? Basically I am a little confused by the above statement. With a tier 1 setup do the recommended hella lights not receive enough power?

Thanks
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofury:

How well do the headlights work with the tier 1 setup compared to a 2 or 3? Basically I am a little confused by the above statement. With a tier 1 setup do the recommended hella lights not receive enough power?

Thanks

They may not receive enough power due to the aged wiring.

The Tier 1 is a direct plug and play, single plug to dual plug adapter that utilizes all of the factory wiring to power the lamps.

The Tier 2 and Tier 3 use relays. Instead of the factory high and low beam wires powering a bulb, they simply turn a relay on.
The relay handles the high current load from the battery straight to the headlights.

woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis, you have a PM.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top. first post updated.

Due to health issues, I am sourcing a builder to take over harness assembly. I will be able to make these on a case by case basis, but will have difficulty in doing so.

I will update as the situation changes.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New builder acquired...

Production beginning again within the next month.
This will be a limited run production, and supplies will be ordered as needed for future production.

I will make available the following options...

Tier 1
Tier 2 (Former Tier 3)
DIY Kits at a substantial savings...

Tier 1 is the H4 to H9 short harness adapter.
Tier 2 is the dual relay quad headlamp kit. When you hit the high beams, all four lamps come on.

DIY kits are parts only. Pins, seals, connectors, and instructions/schematics.
Kits for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 will likely be available.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All supplies are in. Production has begun.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, glad to see these are back in production. Great product!

Nolan
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news!!
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much??
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For which one?

Full harness is 145, plus shipping.
Working on pricing for the kits and the pre-assembled adapter plugs.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first of a batch of around 10 of these....

I have enough H9 connectors for five, and have more on order...

Just thought people would like to see them.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my wire board almost complete for harness assembly.... Working with Glen on assembly...

Thinking about making a fog/driving light harness that would allow OEM operation of fog/driving lights...
When you hit the high beams, they'd shut off.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock