Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. by Synthesis
Started on: 04-02-2009 02:57 PM
Replies: 405 (16428 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 11-12-2016 05:37 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
09/10/2012 edit: New producer acquired....
Limited production run in the very near future.

Tier 1, Tier 2 (old Tier 3), and DIY Kits that include connectors/pins/seals, and schematics.

June 2011 EDIT:
Due to health issues with Carpal Tunnel in the wrists, I will be unable to continue making my harnesses myself.
I am currently in the process of sourcing a builder to do the harness assemblies for me. There is no ETA on when Tier 2 or Tier 3 harnesses will become available.

I am still able to make Tier 1 on a case by case basis.
Install guide: http://www.chalnet.net/down...HarnessGuiderev3.pdf

I am now accepting pre-orders for these 99% Plug and play headlight harnesses. Endorsed by both DIY_Stu and Fiero1Fan.

Information:

These harnesses are designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications.

Featuring Two Hella heavy duty automotive relays with authentic Delphi weatherpak connections for safe, secure and consistent performance through any weather, these harnesses can't be beat.

Providing power to your high performance headlamps direct from the battery, they improve the light output by providing the shortest path for the electricity to flow.

In the existing Fiero headlamp array, the power to the headlamps is run through the headlight switch, dimmer switch and then to the headlight. This is a very indirect path over 20+ year old electrical wiring. Upgrading to the twin relay harness will shorten the path for the power to the headlamps, and reduce the load on the existing headlamp wiring.

Specifics:
Two Hella heavy duty automotive grade relays with Delphi weatherpak sealed sockets for reliable and long lasting performance. One low beam and one high beam relay.
Each relay will have it's own independent 14 gauge automotive grade power wire, with weatherpack fuse holder, cover and 15 Amp fuse.
H4 male Adapter plug to plug into your factory headlamp plug for high/low beam relay operation.
18 gauge wire to OEM quality H9 headlamp connections provide a strong path with plenty of current handling for 55, 65 and 100 watt headlamps.
Flame Retardant high temperature wire loom exceeds manufacturer engine harness specifications for a durable, safe and professional looking harness.

Harnesses will come in 3 flavors.

The basic H4 to H9 adapter harness to allow you to run your headlamps directly from the OEM wiring. No relays, no fuses. (Oreifs design and with his permission )

Twin Relay Low/High/Both beam harness. This harness will allow you to run your low beams as normal, but high beams will turn all four lamps on to light up the road. The difference is AMAZING. This includes both relays and fuses.

The two relay harnesses will be available in a Front Mount Battery configuration. The power leads will have a ring terminal for an accessory lug on the battery.

For a rear mount battery, additional power wire can be supplied at a small additional cost.

Again, pre-orders are now being taken. ETA for the first complete harnesses is 2 weeks.

Tier 1 (No relay/no fuse for direct OEM connection) $65 dollars + shipping
Tier 2 (Relay with low/high/both beam) $145 + shipping

Please specify your choice of front mount or rear mount battery for Tier 2 and Tier 3. Add an additional 20 dollars for rear mount batteries. (Wire will be fully loomed with fuse holders, and two pin weather pack plug for connecting to the front headlamp harness.

Photos this evening of a completed harness.

The following is a list of people who have pre-ordered and paid. Orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis.. (Basically, those who pay first.)
For those who have stated they will purchase one, I will toss you on this list as well, paid or not, and then mark you as paid once that happens.

If I miss you, feel free to correct me, it is nothing personal, just very busy here lately.

Shipping will be by USPS flate rate service to the US. It averages around 9 dollars. Any overages will be covered by me.

Harness Waiting List:

1. jrwgt - T3 FMB - PAID - Shipped and received
2. Macs86GT - T3 FMB - PAID - In Progress
3. PS87GT - T3 FMB - PAID - In Progress
4. Nashco - T2 RMB NoH4 - PAID - on hold
5. Sphynx - T3
6. randye - T3
7. mikejhjr - T1
8. LeeLoo88 - T2 RMB
9. Typetooslow - T1

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-04-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PS87GT

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PS87GTSend a Private Message to PS87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one of the tier 3 harness's!!
Want to be able to have all four on for brights, also I have the battery
relocated up front.
What's all involved for installation? I'm assuming just plug the lights in and connect leads to battery right?

You have a PM!!!!!

Rick
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen the schematics and spoken to Synthesis about what he is wanting to make here. I have also contacted Oreif to ask for his permission to make the tier 1 harness.
I fully support and endorse the products that Synthesis is offering. The quality of the connectors, wiring and weather proof sockets are first rate.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct. These will be almost completely plug and play. The only non-plug and play parts are the battery connections and the ground connection.
Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm definately interested in the Tier 3 harness. What types of payments would you accept?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sphynx:

I'm definately interested in the Tier 3 harness. What types of payments would you accept?

Paypal or Money Order/Cashier's Check mailed to me via Snail mail. Any cashier's checks or money orders would delay shipment by a few days.
mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

You have a pm.

PM received and responded to.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet i just need to wait for the funding to hit my bank in a day or so ill be getting a tier 3 setup.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great set-up. Only thing holding me back from the buckets, lights, and this harness right now is the inability to run HIDs.

Either way, props for bringing what sounds to be a good product at a good price to the community.

------------------

My Build Thread

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis, I've a question for you if you don't mind. YGPM
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs responded to. Thank you for the interest.

I just got home from the shop, where I built a Tier 2 harness for myself. I will be upgrading it to Tier 3 in the future.

This is the first rough draft of the harness I am building. Some spacing will be adjusted between connectors and ends. It is missing the connectors at this point in the construction as I need to get more accurate measurements.

I will be modifying the design by eliminating the "Tee" parts on the wire loom. They are nice, but they make it difficult to adjust the harness.

A shot of the Front Mount fuse harness. The two wires will have a weatherpak connector on them for connecting to the cross car harness.

The installation is straight forward. Remove the driver's side headlight assembly to help with the install. (I did not get any photos during install. Was working alone, and impatient to get my headlights going.)

The relays mount to the fender wall on the driver's side, as far forward as you can get them. The headlight lamp plug runs forward and plugs into the male H4 connector on the harness. Zip tie the harnesses together and in place. Route the remainder of the new harness up against the wall between the radiator and spare tire well. The harness will route behind the headlight assembly and motor.

Feed the driver's lamp harness up through the opening that the old light wires came through on the assembly, and mount the headlight assembly again. Route the harness down and zip tie it to the cross car brake line.

Remove the passenger headlight assembly. Feed the other end of the harness behind the overflow bottle and up behind where the assembly mounts (as the driver's side.) Remove, or tie OEM H4 connector and cable to existing in-car harness at bottom of headlamp well.

Connect ground terminal to the screw on the fender wall on passenger side. Reinstall passenger assembly, remember to feed lamp connectors up through opening in assembly.

Connect lamps.

For front mount battery, the power connector on the cross car relay harness is located near mid-point of the cross car section where it ties to the brake line.

Route fuse harness connector through battery tray (or other grommeted opening). Connect fuse harness to battery lug. Plug harnesses together.

Tonight, being the first time I have installed this particular harness, it took me about 2 hours.

Rear Mount Batteries, installation is identical, except that you will route the fuse harness down from the battery, behind the heat shield and then forward along the gas tank. Zip tie onto the AC lines. (Some vehicles may not have AC. You will need to find an alternative method to mount the cable/loom.)

Route cabling away from all moving parts. Connect cable to battery. Plug connector into front cross car relay harness.

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might I make a suggestion? On the cars without AC, I would suggest running the wiring through a length of conduit like you would for the battery relocation. Wire loom is nice and all, but over time it will start to get brittle from road debris/water/oil, leaving the wire exposed to the same fate...

The prototype looks good by the way

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 04-03-2009).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

I fully support and endorse the products that Synthesis is offering. The quality of the connectors, wiring and weather proof sockets are first rate.

I agree!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed with photos. Keep in mind, this is the very first harness, so there is room for improvement.
Driver's Side

Passenger Side

Photo of the relays mounted to the fender wall. Notice the new wire loom? The H4 connector, when properly connected will be right next to the relays. My H4 Female in my car was so brittle, I cut it out and direct spliced (Also an option for anyone who decides they want to do that.)

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
The H4 connector, when properly connected will be right next to the relays. My H4 Female in my car was so brittle, I cut it out and direct spliced (Also an option for anyone who decides they want to do that.)

This was my first thought when reading the post above. In going to the new wiring, I would be eliminating the H4 connectors entirely and splicing the wires, thus wasting your assembly time and the price of the parts for the H4 connectors. No need to keep them...in the occassion I ever went back to no relays (why?????), new/less used H4 connectors are readily available for next to zero dollars.

Ditching the H4 connectors and terminals should save a fair chunk of change. Would you be interesting in dropping the shipping charge for those of us that want to skip the H4 connectors?

I'd like a tier 2 kit. I've got a brand new set of powdercoated brackets I've been meaning to install and just haven't got around to it. This might be the kick in the butt I need!

Bryce
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

This was my first thought when reading the post above. In going to the new wiring, I would be eliminating the H4 connectors entirely and splicing the wires, thus wasting your assembly time and the price of the parts for the H4 connectors. No need to keep them...in the occassion I ever went back to no relays (why?????), new/less used H4 connectors are readily available for next to zero dollars.

Ditching the H4 connectors and terminals should save a fair chunk of change. Would you be interesting in dropping the shipping charge for those of us that want to skip the H4 connectors?

I'd like a tier 2 kit. I've got a brand new set of powdercoated brackets I've been meaning to install and just haven't got around to it. This might be the kick in the butt I need!

Bryce

Yes. For those that do not want the H4 connection, you just need to specify that you don't want it. It only knocks a few dollars off the harness, so it is easy enough to reduce the overall shipping on each harness.

I wanted this almost completely plug and play for the "average joe" who just wants a product that literally "bolts on" with minimal modification to the vehicle needed.

I will be assembling another harness tonight, a Tier 3 unit. It will be incomplete until my new H9 connectors come in. Once I get the harnesses going with a fairly regular pattern, I should be able to turn them out fairly quickly. Right now, the 2 week "wait" is only because I need the additional connectors.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The following is a list of people who have pre-ordered. I will mark "paid" next to each person who pays. Orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis.. (Basically, those who pay first.)
For those who have stated they will purchase one, I will toss you on this list as well, paid or not, and then mark you as paid once that happens.

If I miss you, feel free to correct me, it is nothing personal, just very busy here lately.

Shipping will be by USPS flate rate service to the US. It averages around 9 dollars. Any overages will be covered by me.

Harness Waiting List:

1. jrwgt - T3 - PAID
2. PS87GT - T3
3. Sphynx - T3
4. randye - T3
5. mikejhjr - T1
6. Macs86GT - T3
7. Nashco - T2

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-04-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I snapped some photos of the harness while my spare tire well was out for the front battery tray install. (Battery will be installed next week.)

The photo here shows the cross car harness tied to the brake line, with the power connector coming from the rear mount battery harness. It is a two wire Delphi Weatherpak connection.

The same view with a different angle. It shows how the harness runs down from behind the motor. This will keep everything nice, neat, out of the way, and all but invisible to anyone who does not know it is there.

Notice how the power connection for the harness is in the perfect spot for the front mount battery? You just drop the connection through a hole in the tray (plug is already crimped on), and make the connection.

Here is a good example of the headlamps on Tier 2.
Low beam on left, high beam on right.

And now, Tier 3.

I am waiting on more terminals to finish the connections on the relays and power. I have several front mount battery power harnesses built.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-04-2009).]

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What gage wire do you have on those spools? If it's what I think it is, you have quite an investment in this!

Looks good though!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

What gage wire do you have on those spools? If it's what I think it is, you have quite an investment in this!

Looks good though!

All wiring, except the power wire, is 14g wire. It is MASSIVE overkill for the headlamps, but it also has the thicker insulation. I want these harnesses to last forever, or til Judgment day. Whichever comes first...

The wire meets SAE J1128 standards for automotive use, and is rated to 80C (176F). It can also handle the load of two 100 watt H9 bulbs easily...

The power wire is 12g, same rating/spec. Thick insulation, and stays flexible without getting brittle in the cold.

Yes, I invested a lot in this. This was my Wisconsin Dells money that I spent to buy the supplies for the harnesses. I need to sell 5 Tier 3 harnesses to break even on my supplies investment.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa brought me an early present.

I have received some PMs from people regarding my "determination" with going ahead with these harnesses and any payments they may send.

It turns out that because one or two people have accepted payments for products they did not deliver, they have tainted the concept of internet business on the forum.

I assure you, I fully intend to, and have started manufacturing harnesses. I have too much money invested in parts to NOT do this. To give you an idea, without revealing my costs, Susquehanna sells these H9 connectors that I posted a photo above for 6.70 a piece. 4 are needed per car. Without telling you my cost on these, let's just say that while I do get a savings from my supplier, it isn't much. The photo above shows 20 connectors, enough for 5 harnesses total. I have 40 more on the way.

Keep in mind, all of these harnesses are hand built. This takes time to make sure they all follow the same specs, and meet quality assurance standards.

At this stage, I am waiting on one more part to finish the first two available Tier 3 harnesses, and will get the one paid one out.

I AM accepting payments currently at my Paypal address, which is the email address I have listed when you click the "Email" button here.

I look forward to providing a high quality product for this great community. Thank you.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll vouch for Synthesis' determination And will post his personal Cell # if he doesn't follow through with his plans. He's been in constant contact with me and Fiero1Fan about these harnesses. We both give him a big thumbs up.

Stu
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell, I'll post my personal cell#. lol
Six One Two - Six Zero Five - Eight Eight Nine Three
If you have questions, give me a yell before 8PM Central.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 04-06-2009).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ZOMG! You will get calls from some creepy canadians!!!

Sorry. Had to.

Ah, the wire isn't as thick as I thought. Still expensive though.

This might be asking a lot, but do you think you could post a picture of one light as the new style, and one as your old silverstars? If I read correctly, you might have already modified your harness to not be able to go back.....

The reason I ask is it's kinda hard to compare the light in your other photos when they were taken at different distances and times of day (or so it seems).

EDIT: The photo's I'm referring to are in a different thread. Sorry if that confuzzed anyone.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 04-07-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ZOMG! You will get calls from some creepy canadians!!!

Sorry. Had to.

Ah, the wire isn't as thick as I thought. Still expensive though.

This might be asking a lot, but do you think you could post a picture of one light as the new style, and one as your old silverstars? If I read correctly, you might have already modified your harness to not be able to go back.....

The reason I ask is it's kinda hard to compare the light in your other photos when they were taken at different distances and times of day (or so it seems).

EDIT: The photo's I'm referring to are in a different thread. Sorry if that confuzzed anyone.

Unfortunately, I can not go back. Yes, they were at slightly different times of day and distances, the first "before" shot was kind of a last minute decision. The others were more staged.

I will say though, that there is a HUGE difference between the old sealed beam units and the new Hella 90MM. Modern lighting technology brought to our little cars..

On low beam, I can still light up all the signs on the right side of the road for a good distance, and not blind oncoming traffic because of the light cutoff pattern. It is a very big improvement.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the silverstars, and while they are not spotlights by any means, I love how they light up so much of the road. The high beams are like driving in daylight. It just seems to me that the 90mm high beams have limited viewing angle. Am I wrong? Maybe you could take an extra car battery and wire it to the silverstar for a comparison?
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have silverstars and have been in a 90mm car. The 90mm's are FAR BETTER.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get a shot for you. The silverstars are gone. The 90MM Highs are just like daylight. They are a MASSIVE improvement...

Of course, this thread is about the harnesses, and not the lights themselves :P
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
The first Tier 3 Headlight Harness is done, except for the H4 connector and a ring terminal. I need to loom it, box it, and ship it out.

I have updated the Paid list as well. Check the bottom of Post 1.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Of course, this thread is about the harnesses, and not the lights themselves :P

Sorry about that. I've been playing the idea around in my head for changing the headlights. I just may do it now with such good product availability out there

Will this be available to see/buy in person at the Dells?
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have the silverstars, and while they are not spotlights by any means, I love how they light up so much of the road. The high beams are like driving in daylight. It just seems to me that the 90mm high beams have limited viewing angle. Am I wrong? Maybe you could take an extra car battery and wire it to the silverstar for a comparison?

The 90mm lights don't have a "limited" viewing angle, but rather a better light pattern which lights up the road in front of your car a lot better.
I had silverstars, Now I have 90mm's and they are a night and day difference (no pun intended).
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry about that. I've been playing the idea around in my head for changing the headlights. I just may do it now with such good product availability out there

Will this be available to see/buy in person at the Dells?

Yes, I will be bringing harnesses to the Dells, and my 90MMs will be in and functional. The only limiting factor I have right now is that I spent all of my Dells money on the supplies for the harnesses. I need to sell 3 more to break even (which would put me back up towards having the funds), and any additionals would just be supplies and additional Dells money so I can get there.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
JRWGT's harness is complete with one exception. Still waiting on the male H4 connectors. They should be in today or tomorrow. It is ready to go otherwise for a front mount battery.
Leeloo88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Leeloo88Send a Private Message to Leeloo88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a top notch job! Props to you.

I'd like to be thrown on the waiting list for the Tier 3 Low/High/Both harness. Stock battery location.

------------------
Four Fans of Freedom
"Fiero Fugit"

jrwgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jrwgtSend a Private Message to jrwgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just PM me when you ship the harness. I will let you know how the
wire lengths work out.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very happy with what you are doing here. This is what I have been hoping to have for the buckets from the start. Just here in Germany the prices for everything is so high.

Having a complete "OEM style and look" harness really gives the installation that Professional, from the Factory, that is the way it should have been designed look.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 04-09-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First harness is completed, all parts are in. Second harness is in progress.

Shipping first harness to jrwgt tomorrow. First few harnesses will need fitment checks to verify everything measures OK.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get a box in the mail yet?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Did you get a box in the mail yet?

Yes I did. These things are fantastic. I just need a hotter heat gun I suspect. Everything shrinks, but the center ring. And it only slightly collapses on one side. Suspect I need a larger blast with hotter air to do it quickly and efficiently.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock