Started on: 10-07-2007 09:48 AM
Replies: 233 (16582 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 12-07-2018 05:03 PM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (54)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

Dodgerunner,

I just sent you an email to order two more Fiero Belt Tensioner kits. I ordered one from you a couple years ago and installed it on my '88 GT. It's awesome, that is how the car should have been supplied from the factory! Thanks for keeping these available to us.

Art

+1

IP: Logged

nightscar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightscarClick Here to Email nightscarSend a Private Message to nightscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also sent you a PM Dodgerunner, would love to snag one of these kits from you for my Fiero

Knight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is an awsome product! Tried everything for my sqeeling belt. Sprays, lots of tension, gatorgack belt. All failed. This tensioner kit solved the problem.
Fantasic product! Everything needed is included and parts look top quality. Plus the spring loaded tensioner maintains proper tension as the belt ages.

Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, + for you.

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtClick Here to Email dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

email sent

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtClick Here to Email dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Received mine tday, well built, cant wait till i get it put on!!! NO MORE PIG SQUEEL!!! Feedback left!!!! ADD a pin in Arkansas

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-24-2014).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieClick Here to Email Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this still offered Dodge?

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rClick Here to Email Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bought the tensioner. Quick shipping and if you follow his instructions it's a quick install. Took me an hour to install it, and it immediately fixed my squeaking problem. Hands down one of the best products I've ever bought. +1

Thanks again

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These Tensioners are the best!!!! Bought 2 over the years and they are still working perfectly! Easy to install, and I've never had to adjust the belt since on either car.

lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump and PM sent. I want to buy a bracket!

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While building more brackets today decided to count the machining steps to make a bracket.
Counted cutting, grinding, machining, and welding. Left off alignment and testing.
33 machining operations.

Camel

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageClick Here to Email CamelSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent. :-)

Camel

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageClick Here to Email CamelSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Payment sent. Thanks for the quick response.

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merry Christmas to all the Fiero owners out there.

DR

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Click Here to Email Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are these kits still available?

JeffGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffGTClick Here to Email JeffGTSend a Private Message to JeffGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the ONLY downside to this tensioner is the adjustment bolt bracket on the tensioner mount.

CocoFiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroClick Here to Email CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still building Dodgerunner? PM sent.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 431
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JeffGT:

the ONLY downside to this tensioner is the adjustment bolt bracket on the tensioner mount.

What exactly is the downside? I've had this tensioner for years, and love it. I'm genuinely interested in what you've found you don't like about it.

tshark

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I may be interested in one, if these are still being made.

CocoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroClick Here to Email CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just finished installing the Dodgerunner tensioner in my 86 SE with a 3.4 V6. This is a high quality, well-designed upgrade. It fit perfectly and installation instructions are easy to follow. Stopped the squeal instantly and looks like a factory install. Dodgerunner is great to deal with. Thank you!

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had a issue with Dayco tensioner supplier and also there was a price increase.

At a suggestion I checked out the Dorman tensioners.

The Dorman are nearly identical to the Dayco and seem to be of similar quality.
Both use ball bearings.
Below you can see photos of the Dayco (on left in each) and the Dorman.

I have one of the Dorman running on my daily driver.

To that end I'm offering the Dorman tensioner kit at $110.00 shipping included in the US.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Update: May 2017. Kits $110 until further notice.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 05-07-2017).]

vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dodgerunner you have a PM!

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've had Dodgerunner's tensioner bracket on my Fiero for almost 9 years. It's arguably one of the best upgrade items I've bought for the Fiero. The car has been raced many times (autocross and drag racing), and the engine has been north of 6500 RPM many times. Not a single problem with the tensioner setup.

For the last few years, I've been using the tensioner along with Rodney Dickman's power pulley (just the crankshaft pulley) and a 41" belt. Kudos to Rodney for selling the crankshaft pulley separately.

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow 9 years, has it really been that long.... time flies...

f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Email sent

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageClick Here to Email DodgerunnerSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep alive

Spoon

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installed Dodgerunner's tensioner bracket on my Fiero in 10/2009. Replaced belt 08/2014 along side of road using 1 wrench to pull the tensioner with hot engine and never got burned.
Took all but a few minutes and most of that was pulling out the shredded belt. Thanks Dodgerunner, your the man!!

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2018 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterClick Here to Email predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dodgerunner you have PM

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dodgerunner,

I'm interested, but got few questions.

I'll send a PM shortly.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 05-15-2018).]

Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianClick Here to Email CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I purchased 2 of them.. seriously an awesome product that does something truly worthwhile. NO MORE EMBARRASSING SQUEAL EVER!.. PERIOD! Great job Doddgerunner!

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

So I went ahead and rode my motorized bike down to the parts store with my old belt to select a new one. The guy at the parts counter was reading the OC number (outside circumference) instead of the length in the part number though and kept trying to tell me a belt with a part number of K050405 was a 41.25 belt. The K number is the number of ribs (05) and the next 3 numbers are the length in inches (040") and the last number is a decimal (.5). Therefore its a 5 ribbed belt thats 40.5 inches long. I kinda thought the parts guy would know that but whatever...

Anyway, they didn't have a 41 inch belt in stock but they did have a 40.5 inch belt so I took it. Its a bit of a tight fit to get it on, but it seems to be just fine from just letting the motor idle. With the 40.5 belt, the tensioner is using up about 2/3's of its total travel which I think is OK and as the belt stretches it will use up a bit less. I think the 41 inch belt would actually be the better choice, however, as it would take up a little less tension travel to pull it closer to center and it would be easier to put on.

The only problem is that I used a 3/8 ratchet wrench to pull the tensioner back and now there isn't enough room to get it back out so it looks like I'm going to have to find out what size the square boss on the top of the tensioner is and pull it back with a wrench to retrieve my ratchet before I go on a test drive.

So in closing:

-With Rodney's power pullies use a 41 inch belt.
-41" belt.
-Don't use a ratchet, use a wrench on the boss on top of the tensioner or you'll not be able to get the ratchet back out of the recess in the side of the tensioner arm.

Thanks for the info.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 05-16-2018).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dodgerunner,

Got my bracket!

Looks great! Can't wait to install it.

Thanks,

0z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 0zSend a Private Message to 0zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just bought an 88GT about a month ago. It squealed every time I started it. I read through this thread and decided I had to get one of these belt tensioners.
I go out to the car and low and behold it already had one! ???
The tensioner was right up against the crank pulley, so I figured all it needed was a shorter belt.
The previous owner had a 457 belt on there. I got a 450, put it on and so far so good.

Spadesluck

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 0z:

I just bought an 88GT about a month ago. It squealed every time I started it. I read through this thread and decided I had to get one of these belt tensioners.
I go out to the car and low and behold it already had one! ???
The tensioner was right up against the crank pulley, so I figured all it needed was a shorter belt.
The previous owner had a 457 belt on there. I got a 450, put it on and so far so good.

That's an easy fix. Ha.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock