Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48416 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then i cut the G35 bumper...this is whats left of it !!! Trial fitting the piece to one side. Its 4 1/4 " to short. WAY to curved !! At this point im thinkin....what did i get myself into !!! Got ALOT of respect for the custom guys here now !!
IP: Logged
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Sides not looking to bad. Figured it may just look like something after all !! Boy you really gotta have perception at this point !!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

WIth the correct measurments i set a jig at 4 1/4" apart and started to glass the half's together.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Here it is. Jointed temperorally and test fit for height on the rear. I want it to be low like the Archie side rockers, but not to low !!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Another view of the fit
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

With the bumper at the right height i used mold fabric and stapled it to the car and bumper stretched tight to form the top. This will be glassed.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Glassed. Pretty rigid. Trying to get the idea of the shape here. Not so sure but its something to work with.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

The sanding and shaping begins !! Now trying to make this thing straight !! LOL
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Now for glassing in the sides. Round for now tapering into the back.

MORE sanding !!!
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Shaping again. Kinda happy with it so far. Thinking about the exhaust exits at this point. Rear mounted turbo in the works later so nows the time to think about it. There are dual cutouts on the bottom but im not feeling it. Think i spend just as much time eying this and thinking as glassing and sanding !!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

The side pieces from the bumper that i cut off initially i trimmed to fit on the sides again. I made a jig with a 4x4 and upright to position the panel where i wanted it and so i could just flip the jig and replicate it on the other side.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

My thoughts are on the F 430 rear. Lots of pictures in front of me and im thinking of doing some more trimming

Cut a opening in. Im going to make a pocket here, maybe for the plate, and possible exhaust exit. Started filling in.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Taking shape, i just cant even think of adding up the hours , days and weeks picking away at this till all hours of the night. Its getting alittle fustrating and im alittle tired of it. Sometimes stepping away for awhile just to come back again hard !!!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Made a pocket out of fiberglass. Mounted the plate into it. This was a BIG job. !!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Upon looking at the center lower section....i decided i didnt like it and it wasnt really going to work for what i wanted. SO........ZIP !! out it comes !! ALOT smoother i think. But added probably weeks to no building my own diffuser !! OOPS !!!

Made a back panel for the diffuser
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Framing and getting the location of the center part of the diffuser, not sure if the exhaust will exit here or on each side of the plate yet. Now about 4 week into this bumper.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !

That is A LOT of work !!

That is why i leave it to Archie and whodeanie hehehe, but for sure i definatly can appreciate your hard work and skills,..very impressive.

I like where you are going. I personally also liked the version (below) that you had before the last modification, but they all look good to me.

Keep pumping out the pics and keep us drooling.

Now i know for sure my rear is going to change to something more exotic. Thanks for the inspiration.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-17-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Framing and getting the location of the center part of the diffuser, not sure if the exhaust will exit here or on each side of the plate yet. Now about 4 week into this bumper.

Nice. I can see were your going with this now. Good job and it's way better looking than using the G35 inner parts plus it matches the front.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some neat ideas here

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059432.html

and here

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061918.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL Yeah the G35 way to round for our cars. I would of looked at a 300ZX or better yet, a 3KGT as a donor. Looking good though, good call on getting rid of all the crap in the lower center.

------------------
Whodeanie built 1988 Fiero GT, loaded, 14k original miles, F23, built L67 swap, ST2 cam and matching valvetrain, PT67 bb turbo, w2a charge-cooled ----400-500whp?????? More mods when I get it back (interior, suspension, lighting etc). Stay tuned!
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
2007 Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5 Stock, and staying that way.
2009 KTM 250SX motocross bike. Modded and fun as hell!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote that this thread should be in the construction zone.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL all full builds should be, but I agree!

------------------
Whodeanie built 1988 Fiero GT, loaded, 14k original miles, F23, built L67 swap, ST2 cam and matching valvetrain, PT67 bb turbo, w2a charge-cooled ----400-500whp?????? More mods when I get it back (interior, suspension, lighting etc). Stay tuned!
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
2007 Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5 Stock, and staying that way.
2009 KTM 250SX motocross bike. Modded and fun as hell!

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A ton of work...I know. At some point you'll wonder if it wouldn't have been better to just start from scratch with a foam plug.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 05-20-2012).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh outside summer pic

Cooper lights installed

Rear is coming along...SLOW but sure !!

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!!
That is a LOT of work...

a couple of questions:

How big are the rear tires ? they look nice

How come you decided to go with out a rear reinforcement bar ?

Why did you fiberglass the bumpers to the body ?

the reason I ask, is because I deal w/ auto accidents,
I would be afraid that if anything even minor happen,
It would be a lot more work to repair, specially on the rear w/out a reinforcement bar.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Why did you fiberglass the bumpers to the body ?

the reason I ask, is because I deal w/ auto accidents,
I would be afraid that if anything even minor happen,
It would be a lot more work to repair.

I thought the exact same thing when i saw that, granted it does look pretty good that way, but man even a minor mishap and you are in for some serious rework.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Rear tires are 255 35 18's on 9" wide wheels. I decided to bond all the seams together for a smooth look. I knew if something ever happened it might be alittle more work because of this but i think the body will spend more time in one piece than in a accident. If a accident happens then i'll deal with it. I built this car from the inside out so i know how to put it back together. Manufacutures make it easier for body guys for insuranse purposes but this is a one off car, not mass produced, by me anyway !! LOL. Im building this for me, not for anyone else and i'll spend the extra few hours on it if there is a bender to put it back rather than have hidious body lines everywhere. Course.....thats my opinion
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey bozzie the car looks great, and that extra detail of eliminating the lines just makes it pop that much more.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony ! Have you taken yours for a ride at all ? Have you played around with the chin spoiler idea ? Its good Therapy

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Tony ! Have you taken yours for a ride at all ? Have you played around with the chin spoiler idea ? Its good Therapy

Sadly, i have not had any time at all for the car. My 5 week old daughter is taking every minute of time i have outside of work,...but i would not trade it for the world.

Typing and holding a fussy baby is even tricky ! For now i am living thru projects like yours to get my fix.

Can't wait to see your finished rear bumper.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-02-2012).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow man this is really looking Kickass.... I applaud your abilities and willingness to cut stuff out and start over. I am sure you will wind up with something very cool here. It sure is looking good. Peace

Pete

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good at the rear.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that's a lot of dedicated work on this car. It's going to look mighty awesome....it already does. Keep up the good work. Very nice.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kooljess (edited 06-02-2012).]

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on this one?
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great read, thanks for taking the time to post as many photos of your progress as you have- I'll take lots of photos over War and Peace any day.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh bump.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock