Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48395 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Boz, that front end really came together well! What a difference it makes to get those housings moved forward. I really need to get you over to do all my fiberglassing!
IP: Logged
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Neil ! I truly appreciate the positive remarks Sooo wish we were closer and could all work together and learn and capitalize from each other, thank god for the forum in that way. Heck.....never been to Canada....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Keep up the fight brotha ! oh.... and congrats on owning Page 28 !

Boz

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 07-27-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Well....was such a nice day I decided to pull her outside for a looksee Figuring out some lines and shapes before I bring her in for some duraglass straightening out !!

Boz

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HAGO!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just put the headlights in for effects.......

Boz

now, next step is to make her straight
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

now, next step is to make her straight

Now the fun begins...

Joe
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

A lot of great threads here and abroad have been trashed by Photobucket. Sure glad you're not using them, Boz.

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-29-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Sage ! Joe....you know it ! Different kinda dirty coming up :P Bob, man......I saw what photobucket did and that is so disappointing. I cant remember who said earlier on to use the Pennocks app for pics to make sure they stay around...but THANK YOU !!!

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
So ......after looking at her for a bit, I figured ONCE AGAIN that the front end of the front fenders were irking me .....ARRRRRGH !!!! So a cutting I did AGAIN.

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Just trying to get the fender to flow right. Also wanted to get rid of the lower inlet on the front side of the bumper. The line of the lowered hood vent on the drivers side was off so I added some more glass here and also on the passenger lower corner where I made the bumper longer. Put some duraglass on the drivers side rear front fender.
Boz

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 07-31-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now that the rear is ruffed out pretty good, I FINALLY bonded the wing to it. Added a few layers of glass to the rear edge of the hatch....mostly because when I sanded it flush to the top of the wing I took TO much off :P

Boz

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here we go for the like 9th time on glassing the fender. I got the shape rounded like I wanted, and instead of glassing on the outside, which adds material, and changes the lines.....I taped the outside and glassed the inside to it. I taped it in 2 directions to give it some curves, being sturdy enough to hold the shape. It really worked out well as you can see. Also the lower scoup is now gone. Think this is where I want it to be Having the car inside, you really cant step far away from it enough to get the flow of the lines, and where it looks heavy or to curved or straight. Taking it outside and just ....well, pulling up a chair and grilling it into my head makes the difference. I'll do this a few times as I go along , hopefully catching areas before I put to much time into it.

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Having bought some duraglass and a bunch of sanding pads and longboard strips I commence operation smooth Im starting with the hood and fenders because this is really the worst of it. This Is a large piece of the car and theres lots to get right. The rest will be a cakewalk compared to this. Ive been building the car...frame first and then the body 1 piece at a time ....so much time and effort into it, that it was so hard to see getting to this stage. Feels like im finally rounding 3rd base

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving around to the door areas where the rear quarters come in. When you opened the door it was not a well finished area. So I taped the flow to the door jamb and will glass this in. This will also be a way to mount the quarter to the B pillar.

Boz

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're doing some beautiful work there, Boz. Congrats on getting to the "fill" phase. I've been real tempted to start, but I'm holding back until all of the little things are done.

Bob

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2017 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fill and sand, fill and sand... I've found I can "rough in" a shape in about 10% of the time, getting the part to about 90%, it's that last 10% that takes the other 90%. And if I'm not "feeling it" forgetaboutit... ( I've had a bit of an ocd thing...)

Can't wait to see it smoothed out and in primer.

Joe
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice work. Smoothing & leveling all the bodywork before paint will be quite the task. Keep up the good work.
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish i had your talent and patients
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for progress pics! I want to see what you did with the door jams.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for more !
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, any news? I am looking for some over the roof scoops. I thought you were going to bring to market.
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt for news from Boz....Boz?? Come in, Boz... Are you out there?

Bob
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heyyyyyy Everybody !! Been off here for awhile doing all sorts of things. Yes, Nosrac...working on those scoops which I plan to bring to the 35th Updates on Alchemy coming soon.....MORE to come ! Thanks for the shout outs Guys !

Boz
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony, thank you for your insight on the build. You've been great from day one when I was just a "newbie" Ive always been a "mcgyver" type. Before Fiero's I was mostly into fabrication with electronics, metals, plastics and some fiberglass, nothing like the extent this build is taking. BUT, with lots of trial and error, redo's and failure , this project is coming true. I must say, that there are many on here that have inspired me, and sometimes kept me going on. There is a lot behind the scenes here, happiness, frustration, anger and anticipation. Its just amazing what you can do to these little cars. How you can create with your mind, and apply. How a dream can be made real in a sense that otherwise would not be possible to buy. Like all the different ways people are changing or restoring these cars. Like how I fell in love with the Koenig 512evalution and never looked back. I keep a pic in my office that I look at involuntary all the time and when I look at my car I tweek it just a little bit more I hope that those who see the builds on here take it as I did, as nothing is impossible, and patience is defiantly a virtue

Boz

Going through this thread for the 85th time. Ran into this quote. Nailed my feels right on the head. Great inspiration, Boz.

Hope to see you back at it soon.

Bob

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all who check out my build and project ! Time to get back on the horse so to speak. It amazing how life can just go like your used to and then WHAP.......kicks your feet right out from under you. My wind swept was my fathers passing. I have dedicated the last 8 months to taking care of him. He was my best friend as I am now sharing with you. I have to say in the beginning when I got into these cars he didn't quite "get" it. "its to small" , Bumpy ride , outdated......not quite a "classic" in his sense. We were just too big guys in a little car. I'll never forget it, as he has no idea how having him there with me for that little sprint around the block engrained into my memory means to me. As I got further into these cars.....adding wheels , deck vent.....some dying of the interior he kept shaking his head......I smile as I can still see it. WHY......he ask, and I just had no answer.....so it was "because " The more I dug in, he started checking out this forum, the builds, the people, the ideas ......and something clicked. He started to ask questions, look at things differently. He would actually notice when I did alittle tweeking to my car when no one else would see the changes. He cared. As I got into the business of "fieros' , parts, restoration, customizing.... he would go with me for every car we would buy, trips to wherever, it was always about the journey......our journey. Meeting people, hearing there stories....stopping for gas and food. Good times. He would help with designing my cars, customer cars as you will see later on this build. He was a part of my passion. He went with me to Carlisle to debut Alchemy. He enjoyed the surroundings of the environment this hobby brings. There are a lot of behind the scenes in our lives people never know. Some day I would like to explore more into that. I just Miss Him. Im trying to find my drive again, as making him proud was my passion. Now its my legacy. Thank you all for reading this as you go along. Thank you Bob for you words above. Life is just to short. More to come.......
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is so hard when a loved one passes to get back to what you where doing as you miss them
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss, Boz. Sounds like a great guy.
All the best, my friend. Take as long as you need, we'll be here when you're ready to go.

Bob
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you were able to share that with your dad, sorry for your loss...

Joe
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dad went to heaven last Christmas and I missed him every day since. He was the best mechanic in the neighborhood fixing carbs,trans,brakes, you name it. His day job was driving a truck. All the cars I ever bought (with my own money) he went to check out to give a thumbs up. He was definitely skeptical about my first new car, 84 Pontiac fiero that I still have to this day but he gave me a thumbs up anyway (until we had to work on it) Sorry to hear of your dad passing.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone and thank you for your kind words and wonderful stories of your dads. Im still trying to find my " Zen " in this crazy Fiero world again. There is so much yet to do, and once you get your hands dirty with it and your mind scrambling with it theres no looking back. Im SO looking forward to everyone's build and checking out what ive been missing on here and catching up. I hope all is well with everyone. SO......Updates are HERE ! ................

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
This one is for Mr Corean ....as he's been asking for Door jamb updates ! SO sorry for the delay ! Because of the gaping hole at the bottom of the " B " pillar there needed to be a filler. I taped this area to form the shape and glassed it in. Keep in mind this is not permanent...once this dries I will pop it out and bond it from the backside as the door rests recessed in this gap ! More pics of the jamb later.

Boz

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 12-03-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Ok....so I trimmed it up and sanded it good. Here it is mocked up in place to be bonded from the backside and then glassed in. I use a quickset adhesive that is workable for around 50 seconds to bond it. Its pretty quick so I can keep going . Then I will trim the door jamb out so it fits right into place

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Trimmed out and checking clearances with the door . I'll do this for the other side as to keep up and not forget how I did this side. Second side goes MUCH faster !

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Moving around a bit here and getting back to filling and sanding as I wait for other things to dry. After looking at this I knew I needed a dustless sander !! It wont show for alittle while but I picked one up and WHAT a difference !! I got a orbital first and will get a longboard soon for finish work.

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Going side to side here. To get things symmetrical you have to keep up with both sides. If you get to far along one side its just a nightmare to match....in my opinion. So filling and sanding, measuring and eyeballing. Sometimes you have to keep working one little spot over and over till you get it close enough. Tolerances can only be so close on a custom job.

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Moving around to the rear here. Alittle bit of filling here and there as you can see. Having these panels come off with just a few bolts makes for easy access and workability. Also , timing is all about moving around, as one thing dries you work another and keep rotating.

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Well, barn finds are out there ! Heres one that's been sitting for about 15yrs ! Just covered in thick dust and dirt. Its been pretty dry in there so i'll have to see how she faired later. 1988 SE.

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here is my trusty truck getting ready to drag her out into the sun for the 1st time in a LONG time. I had to disconnect the trailer and back the truck around. This turned out to be a much bigger job than I thought !

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Out and on the trailer. What a nightmare !! Had to work for this one. Can wait to see the looks of people on the way home !

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here I am on the Left, beat from draggin that car ...... with the original owner. He was such a nice guy and told me some stories of about how he just loved his little car.

Boz

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock