Click here to visit The FieroStore | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1098 (39358 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 11-15-2017 09:51 AM
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Click Here to Email Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Boz, that front end really came together well! What a difference it makes to get those housings moved forward. I really need to get you over to do all my fiberglassing!

IP: Logged

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Neil ! I truly appreciate the positive remarks Sooo wish we were closer and could all work together and learn and capitalize from each other, thank god for the forum in that way. Heck.....never been to Canada....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Keep up the fight brotha ! oh.... and congrats on owning Page 28 !

Boz

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 07-27-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well....was such a nice day I decided to pull her outside for a looksee Figuring out some lines and shapes before I bring her in for some duraglass straightening out !!

Boz

Sage

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageClick Here to Email SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HAGO!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just put the headlights in for effects.......

Boz

now, next step is to make her straight

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Click Here to Email motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

now, next step is to make her straight

Now the fun begins...

Joe

RCR

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

A lot of great threads here and abroad have been trashed by Photobucket. Sure glad you're not using them, Boz.

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-29-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Sage ! Joe....you know it ! Different kinda dirty coming up :P Bob, man......I saw what photobucket did and that is so disappointing. I cant remember who said earlier on to use the Pennocks app for pics to make sure they stay around...but THANK YOU !!!

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So ......after looking at her for a bit, I figured ONCE AGAIN that the front end of the front fenders were irking me .....ARRRRRGH !!!! So a cutting I did AGAIN.

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just trying to get the fender to flow right. Also wanted to get rid of the lower inlet on the front side of the bumper. The line of the lowered hood vent on the drivers side was off so I added some more glass here and also on the passenger lower corner where I made the bumper longer. Put some duraglass on the drivers side rear front fender.
Boz

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 07-31-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that the rear is ruffed out pretty good, I FINALLY bonded the wing to it. Added a few layers of glass to the rear edge of the hatch....mostly because when I sanded it flush to the top of the wing I took TO much off :P

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here we go for the like 9th time on glassing the fender. I got the shape rounded like I wanted, and instead of glassing on the outside, which adds material, and changes the lines.....I taped the outside and glassed the inside to it. I taped it in 2 directions to give it some curves, being sturdy enough to hold the shape. It really worked out well as you can see. Also the lower scoup is now gone. Think this is where I want it to be Having the car inside, you really cant step far away from it enough to get the flow of the lines, and where it looks heavy or to curved or straight. Taking it outside and just ....well, pulling up a chair and grilling it into my head makes the difference. I'll do this a few times as I go along , hopefully catching areas before I put to much time into it.

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having bought some duraglass and a bunch of sanding pads and longboard strips I commence operation smooth Im starting with the hood and fenders because this is really the worst of it. This Is a large piece of the car and theres lots to get right. The rest will be a cakewalk compared to this. Ive been building the car...frame first and then the body 1 piece at a time ....so much time and effort into it, that it was so hard to see getting to this stage. Feels like im finally rounding 3rd base

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Moving around to the door areas where the rear quarters come in. When you opened the door it was not a well finished area. So I taped the flow to the door jamb and will glass this in. This will also be a way to mount the quarter to the B pillar.

Boz

RCR

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're doing some beautiful work there, Boz. Congrats on getting to the "fill" phase. I've been real tempted to start, but I'm holding back until all of the little things are done.

Bob

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2017 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Click Here to Email motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fill and sand, fill and sand... I've found I can "rough in" a shape in about 10% of the time, getting the part to about 90%, it's that last 10% that takes the other 90%. And if I'm not "feeling it" forgetaboutit... ( I've had a bit of an ocd thing...)

Can't wait to see it smoothed out and in primer.

Joe

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaClick Here to Email AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very Nice work. Smoothing & leveling all the bodywork before paint will be quite the task. Keep up the good work.

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manClick Here to Email engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish i had your talent and patients

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for progress pics! I want to see what you did with the door jams.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock