Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48410 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now off to get her STRAIGHT !

Boz

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
IP: Logged
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
After a half hour ride I took her off the trailer. There was a Camaro doing a dyno run next to the alignment rack so it was pretty cool to see that ! Plus, everyone was wondering what the heck my car was

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
So on the rack she goes. The tech didn't want to mess with loading her on the lift so I helped make sure she was lifted correctly. Was neat to see her finally getting to this point. On the rack and getting some love. Curious to see how far off she is. Hopefully not to bad !!!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Well.....she was off alittle but all in all not so bad. Took about 2hrs to dial her in the way I wanted, but plenty of room to get her within spec's. Im totally happy with the day and now I can finally move on with the build. More to come

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
My bare bones T Top car I got from Mark I got off the trailer and put her on stands in the driveway. But with winter I wanted to move it and not put her on the ground. I totally plan to bring her back. So with the help of a small boat trailer I cranked her up and put her on. Now I can just wheel her in when I want to work on her and then put her back outside when im done. I thought this was pretty neat. Hears a pic
On stands.... not so easy to work on

Totally portable now

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you back at it. Look forward to this year's progress.

Bob
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boz, What's up bud ? How is that 430 rear bumper design coming along ? Any sneak peek ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-15-2017).]

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Boz i see you are making some progress on your car and my old T top is in good hands i can't wait to see what more body mods you have for all of us to see
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bob....great to be back on here posting ! Been a long winter. Now to check out Yours and Neils and a buncha others and how there coming Tony.... the 430 bumper is coming along. Im Working on one for a factory replacement and for a widebody......pics to come. Mark, your car is coming along AWESOME ! I see PAINT ! that's such a great stage to be in......now I gotta plan a visit For now ive been working on some over the roof scoups. These I plan to bring to market as well. Teaser pic

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh man check out all of those 3800 goodies
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prodigy.....been saving up and collecting parts for the restoration of my barn find. All new suspension , coilovers , brake / clutch lines, sandblasting the front xover and rebuild. Thou it only has 21k on it , its the non driving of the car that does the most damage. oh.....and a intercooled 3800 supercharged conversion Then she'll go up for sale for the next build .......

Here she is taking the interior apart /, putting in door seals in and tint

pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Took the seats and carpet out for cleaning and new carpet later. Also removed the rear backboard and will recarpet that as well. Door panels off and working on re greasing the door rollers and checking the wiring and making sure everything works as it should

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Took out the spare tire / tub and removing all the brake and clutch lines.... going stainless. Also removed the radiator / going champion and headlights / going 90mm . Replacing the brake booster with a s10 and adaptor from Rodney, and new clutch master. Also going to clean up and repaint all the wheel wells / under body and front compartments.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Back on Alchemy again its Rear Quarter time Been WAITING for this for awhile. Now that things are squared up I can make these straight. Step 1 was to make some flat glass plates. 1 layer of glass makes these thing wicked flexable. This will then be formed into what will be the quarters. Plates.....

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Heres the plate up against the car. I'll trim this and then support it in the areas to form the shape. More to come

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the fenders take shape Boz!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Can't wait to see the fenders take shape Boz!

^^^ What he said.

Bob
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

For now ive been working on some over the roof scoups. These I plan to bring to market as well. Teaser pic

I'm in. Where do you find the time to do all this awesome $h!t??
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I'm in. Where do you find the time to do all this awesome $h!t??

Yes...what Terrance said!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool project. Out of curiosity, how much does your own made body panels weigh compared to the stock plastic pieces?
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Neil n Bob. Fenderz are a com'in along...pics to come SOON !! Nosrac n Txopie .....well...... a divorce actually helps free up some time , not to mention a ka'zillion late nights and off weekends as I know you all can attest to Spadesluck.... that's a real good question. I think some panels are lighter and some are alittle heavier depending on what section. The rear hatch with the inner and outer panels isn't exactly light. I know Ive added some weight here and there....but ive cut out a lot as well. Once its don't i'll have her weighted and get the figures in. Im thinking it should be pretty close to if not under 3K pounds.....hopefully !!!
Blower TIME !!! for the Barn find

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time sure does fly when your not paying attention.....or maybe im just getting older ? !!! So....back to the quarters Just aligning it now with the rear quarter area behind the tire and clamping it solid. I shimmed it with a block to make it cover the area needed here. Man....it kinda looks good already !

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 05-22-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now ruff cutting the wheel opening. This will probable change a few times !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Jumping a few steps here. I cut the opening for the cooler and trimmed the top of the fender. Also added small pieces to the top edge on a angle. These I quick glued in to hold it for now. Because this is 1 layer of glass it pretty much formed to the shape as I put it up. Hard to see but it does flow pretty well , its not just a straight panel on the side. Maybe later i'll add a slight lip to the top where the wheel well area is.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
another shot at it with the glue dried and it holding itself together for a look.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Being im building the fender to size I can dub it out right onto the tire width. I think it has a nice stance to it

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
In this pic you'll see a few areas of black behind the glass. These are areas ive reinforced with Aluminum bonded to the glass to hold the shape and reinforce the fender. I'll also use these points to mount the lower rockers and the fenders to the car as well.

You can also see how the rocker meets the quarter area. There is a angle here for which i'll make the rear part of the rocker and then bond it to it to form the right shape later.

Next is to sand this all down and do a few layers of glass to bond it all together as one. It will also bond the rear taillight area as well as make the form for under the wing. More to come !
Pontiacbuildersnortheat.com
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are amazing! I really love your build. You have so much talent and a great eye for design.
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great stuff, Boz.

Bob
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Link needed an s in east.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 05-23-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words of inspiration and the "correction" fingers working to fast Back to the quarters ! Now to get MESSY. Taped off the floor and areas not to be glassed here.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
3 Layers which equals about a 1/8" of glass all around. With this I bonded the rear quarter area and upper quarter / taillight panel together. I"ll slice the seam open after its all sanded down so it lines up good. I also added some material to the lower spoiler where it meets the fender so it blends in. Unlike my past build all the panels are removable ! I'll get to the inside of this later

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 05-28-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I made a plug for the lower rear rockers. I angled both sides the right degree so i'll cut this in half and have both sides later

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here it is ruff sanded. Seam for the rear quarter not cut just yet. I did cut out 4 vents in the rear. Factory vents varied from 3 to 4 vents, thanks RCR for your input before

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now to attach the rear lower rocker. I cut the mold in half and sized it to fit. It will be bonded to the front rocker half and attached to the aluminum braces I bonded to the lower quarter.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here it is bonded to the rocker. As with the forward rocker I have it sticking out past the body about 3/8" . It gives it alitlle definition. Some blending later.

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 05-28-2017).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now for the passenger side. The oil cooler stuck out about a inch to far so I had to move it in. My luck that there wasn't a inch available so , whats not seen here is the 3 hrs of moving things around and welding to get that lousy inch !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Replicating the passenger rear quarter. Time consuming here as going back and forth with measurments. The 1st one is easy in comparison. Tacked on and sanded.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
3 Layers again. Feels good to get to this point as this is pretty much the last big piece I needed to make.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock