Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48386 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now back to some ROCKERS With the parts made its time to make some supports. I started with 1x1" square tube. Cutting them to size and welding them up.

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
IP: Logged
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
This is the top part of the rockers in the same shape. I'll weld this to the car later.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Fits right into the rocker Now to make the bottom support

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here you see the bottom support welded up. This way ill attach the bottom and the top to make a solid mount. Don't want this thing flapping around !!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Heres the support ready to weld up. I shimmed it up and made a nice tight gap to the door. Time to make it official

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Welded up and time to slide the thing on

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
BOOM

Now to replicate this to the passenger side. As I said before the rocker will be 2 pieces bonded into 1 later after the alignment for proper placement.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Roller her outside for a look. She's sagging just alittle in the rear, i'll crank the coilovers up about a half a inch later

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
After a Long day the passenger side is done. As am I Next step is to work on the front of the rocker as it meets the fender. For now, she goes back in her spot.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been awhile since I checked this thread and... OMG this build REALLY took off!

I don't really know what to say... totally speechless.
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2016 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The proportions look amazing on this car. Very nice Bozzie. Very, very nice.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 11-08-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drooling ! Just wow,..wow !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boz any chance you bring this beauty down for Daytona in March ? What color ? Red ?
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for chiming in Blacktree She's got awhile to go but many changes to come ! ITALGT...... I really appreciate your comment. Many hrs were spent on paper and in my head trying to get the Proportions RIGHT..... and then changes to get them there on the car. Glad you noticed and are liking it..... Means ALOT ! Tony, ohhhh MAN... DAYTONA ?! Would LOVE to bring her down there, and get to meet YOU in person ! March is cutting it but we'll see. Definatly Carlisle and hoping to goto Detroit for the cruise there. As for the color ???? Well..... she'll sit in flat black primer for awhile as she cures and cracks and whatevers ...... but its either Lipstick RED or a deep BLUE like In the actual one I modeled her off of a few pages back. Time will tell. For now, back to the build !!!

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Off topic of this build but just picked up THIS puppy Going to play with her for awhile and see what I can make of it Widebody guys and standard GT's looking for a better solution msg me your interests !

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Working on the fenders AGAIN ! Now with the sills mockup up I can finialize the lower rear fender. 1st off is the top rear part of the fender where it meets the door. There is alittle more room here so i'll add some meet.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Using some taped up cardboard I applied it to the inside to make a form for the glasswork. Its a lot longer then it will need to be so I don't make that much of a mess when I glass it, that way I can trim what I don't need.

2 layers of glass for now.

While this was drying I made a sheet of 3 layer. This will be cut later for the lower area.

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 11-18-2016).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
When dried I trimmed it out. Its pretty close now so I'll put a few layers ontop of the whole.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Sanded and trimmed. Now for the bottom section

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
That sheet I made up I cut and here getting it trimmed to fit.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Trimmed up close for now. Still mocking it up.

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I have to get the upper fender to be secure and land in the same spot when I close the hood. This way I can make the lower section to match. So.......using the mount I welded on before I drilled a 1/4" hole in it to weld a pin in.

I ground the top rounded so it wont bind. Then welded it in. Then I bonded a piece of aluminum to the inside of the fender and drilled a hole for the pin to go into.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here the hood is closed and fender is on the pin, locking it in place.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I then bonded the lower piece to the rocker where it needed to be. I'll make a mount for the top part of the lower section to be mounted to the support the pin is welded to later.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
The hood hinge as I made it I can actually lift the hood up and over and set it down on the floor, making the front VERY accessible. Time to remove those flip up headlights ive loved for SO many years

and GONE ! These will go into my next project

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 11-18-2016).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Mocked up for now and outside for a look

I'm VERY happy to get to this point..... as with most points.... BUT with the nose mocked up and rockers, its time to move to the rear. But I cant do this until I get her lined up. This car has been cut in half , sectioned, stretched, chopped , and re'framed. Getting her straight is a big question mark, and super important with the drivability and fitment of the rear quarters and squareness of the body. Now i'll bring her in , take off most of the body parts and get her ready for a trip to the nearest performance alignment shop. Last alignment was at a tire shop, this time its at a race car shop. Stay TUNED !

Boz

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Great stuff, Boz. I wanna see how you keep the panels translucent so the lights shine through. That looks really cool.

Bob
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's FUNNY Bob !!! ^^^^^^^^ I thought the SAME thing when I saw the light come thru Sometimes when im working on a panel i'll put a bright light behind it to really see it. If ONLY to not have to paint it and just put a light behind it .....Hmmmmmm.......

Boz

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Its just one of those nights where im just STARING at this thing........thinking.........before I get DIRTY with it

Boz

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see what you come up with !
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2016 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes it happens. Never thought it could to me but here's my "barn find" fiero. 1988 GT all optioned out / Saddle leather / premium sound / rear defrost / 5 speed / all power, wing and trunk lid are off. This baby has been sitting in a warehouse for the last 20 years. Just DIRTY from sitting. Interior dirty but as new.... amazingly 21000 miles !!!! Stay tuned for the cleaning

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 12-06-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great barn find Bozzie, so that's what a Fiero looks like
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FUNNY Carlo ! Thanks...... and There actually not so bad looking

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Doing just a little spot here , couldn't help myself Its like opening up a xmas gift SLOWWWWWWLY !!

Boz

Pontitacbuildersnortheast.com
Sudic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SudicSend a Private Message to SudicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Sometimes it happens. Never thought it could to me but here's my "barn find" fiero. 1988 GT all optioned out / Saddle leather / premium sound / rear defrost / 5 speed / all power, wing and trunk lid are off. This baby has been sitting in a warehouse for the last 20 years. Just DIRTY from sitting. Interior dirty but as new.... amazingly 21000 miles !!!! Stay tuned for the cleaning

It reminds me of when I first got my dirty Fiero!

[This message has been edited by Sudic (edited 12-11-2016).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the White Sudic !

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Well......I didn't have room to keep her inside for the winter at the shop so I brought her home. Spent some time cleaning her up. Its the 1st cleaning so it took ALOT of time but i'll clean her again later and get more detailed. For now she sits, later i'll put her on stands and detail the underside.

Boz
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That cleaned up really nice. Does it run as good as it looks? Great find Boz
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bozzie, I sure hope you're ok. I haven't heard from you in a long while and there has been no update to your thread.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well......its defiantly been awhile here for sure on my posts. Winter time is a busy time of year for me with my job. BUT...... its time to jump back on the horse here Ive been working on my barnyard find a lot at the house. Davy, in regards to it running as good as it looks well....it doesn't As with this car only having 21k on it its still a 30yr old car. Seals are dried out, tank gas turned to junk, mice tearing thru her and just normal decay from the years. Ive pulled her interior out and started the cleaning. I'll post later on this. Ive also come across the Fi Er O over the roof scoups that im planning on tweeking them alittle to fit better and make available. Also still working on the 430 rear bumper. Never enough time ! Jordan !, yes buddy all is good. thank you ! I hope the same for YOU ! As I left Alchemy off in December she next needed a alignment. So I pulled her panels off and on the trailer she went. She's wide and barely fit ! Here we go on the trailer

pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock