Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48396 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to put this baby back together

Remote oil filter back on
IP: Logged
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Mounted the intercooler tank and routed the line for the Heat exchanger in the front, heat wrapped for freshness !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Power steering cooler back up

Power steering pump mounted

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Moved the C500 connector to the drivers side behind the seat. Trying to keep the wiring on one side and away from belts and moving parts. Also , will be easier to just unplug the motor and drop it .

Breather installed

Intercooler return line and plumbing the filter

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
New fuel pump installed, AN fitting and the tank is ready

Tank in. Because the 4" stretch was after the rear strap the tank went right back in place. It is however 4" forward of the rear bulkhead. No a problem but the fuel inlet to the tank is now to short. Ordered new 90degree fuel hose to replace the old ones.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
ECU bolted up in its new home. ALOT less wires into the rear console and when I need to drop the engine, I just unplug it !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Cooler plumbed. It is routed to the front crossmember for now and the pump return. Not sure if i'll get it up and running this summer, or it'll be a winter project !

Return hardline

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Turbo block installed with gauge, lines to be added after the motors back in

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 05-25-2016).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Power block installed. Controler for intercooler moved to firewall. Making things neat and easy to get to. With a 3.25" cradle stretch theres more than enough room for all this and it has plenty of air around it from getting to hot

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Oil cooler installed. Working on the plumbing for this. Its pretty tight in here.

More to come !
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Have you thought about doing a splash of your modified windshield surround, that could save someone else (hint hint) a lot of work, I like the idea of being able to use the Sebring windshield without cutting it. Wish I thought of it.

Cant wait to see where you go with this.

Joe

Before you get too carried away, could I talk you into that "splash"?

Lookin' good

Joe
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe..... I think I missed your post ....not sure when you said that ! I do have plans of making "parts" to work with a sebring windshield. PM me what your timeframe is and what your thinkin.

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Evap Tank getting some Paint

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Switching over to the Engine now. New Flywheel from Spec Vers. 3800 Manual 5 sp without spacer

Heres where it gets interesting...... Manual flywheel with spacer for F40 Vers. F40 Spec Flywheel

Theres about 3/16 " difference between them. I think I know why my clutch was slipping now !!!!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Spec 3+ Clutch Vers. Clutchnets Badest 6 Puck with Springs. Spec said they didn't make springs strong enough ...hence no springs. Clutchnet says otherwise and offers a said smoother engagement considering such a HOT clutch.....we'll see

Now....Spec Pressure plate Vers. Clutchnet . Clutchnet says Spec uses repurposed plates, hence the painted over rivets.... clutchnet you see rivets are not painted over.....Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Back to the Body. With the drivetrain out and still awaiting some parts the body work and whatever else needs to be done is wicked easy now ! Shaping the rear quarter / its spaced out for some curves. Without the wheels to guide me as to where it needs to be this is pretty close till I can do any adjustments. I only glassed the last 6" of the lower quarter incase I need to adjust it later.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
FYI , I just Launched my new Website. Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com Check it out. Have some build links, parts and pics. Let me know what you think and if theres anything I can do for anybody !

Thanks

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Inside quarter coming together

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Firewall coming together

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here I welded in a brace for the lower bumper diffuser. This is just tagged in with screws for now to the diffuser but will be thru bolted later when final fitment is done.

Rear looking SOLID !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Final pics of the Hatch for the night. All's tucked away neatly

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man i love this project ! Bozzie how many layers thick is your glasswork typically ?
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work. That's a load of work hours put into it. Are you building this car for someone else?
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Tony ! How ya doing ? Typically my average is 4 layers of glass. Sometimes I try to keep it lighter in non stress areas or areas that i'll support later with 3 layers. When I make my sheets to build panels there usually 2 layers so I can work with them and after there shaped i'll add the final 2 layers. If there complex bends then Ill make a sheet of 1 layer... its real thin, and twist and shape it. I use Formica sheets like Archie does, and sometimes Formica shelving that i'll put together in a 90 degree to make bend shapes. Gotta Mc'Gyver it sometimes !!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Hey Amida ! Well ,..... this car is ALL Mine Don't think anyone would justify spending money to build this one. Its my Therapy project, so its more the Journey then the destination. Probably why every time I think I got it right , I just tear it apart and do something different ! .................However........ I just got the 512 nose you sent me. It came I Amazing shape as your packing is second to none ! That is going on the black 88 CJB that im building for a customer. Pics to come. Thanks for your amazing work !!!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Back onto the engine. Nows the time to make the wires go where I want them. I have made so many upgrades over the last few years that the wiring needs to be consolidated. Im also wiring it to make is super easy to unplug and drop the cradle. All ends will have plugs on them, there will be no need to go into the console for anything.

Here all the wires are plugged . I'll feed them into the center console and that will be the last time they come out. The plugs are outside, so simple

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Just trimming alittle around the gap in the door between the mirror. Im pretty much everywhere on this project as when the drive train goes back in next week the less to do the better !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
More fitting and finishing in the rear hips

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Time to do the final stretch on the cradle. I tack welded a piece of angle iron across the front of the front mounts. This will hold the spacing correct when I cut the arms. Then.....cut em' up !
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I then set the height of the mounts on the jackstands. The arms angle up so after the cut they have to go straight forward. Then I clamped some square tubing onto both ends to align them straight. Measured about 20 times, and now to weld it together.

Using a combination of 1" 2" and 3" steel I welded it tight
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
coming together

Plated all the way around, I cut the front angle iron off and all that's left is to clean it up and put some paint on her ! 3.25" stretch

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 06-08-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
My original hinge for the hatch was using the front hood hinge of the fiero. BUT thanks to Niel ive converted to impala hinges. So...... after I cut my old hinges out I needed to glass them over. Using Fleece I glass it up. I used a paint stirrer with masking tape on it to keep it from sticking to box it in and then just popped them off when it was dry.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2016 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
The plan on this is to make everything removable easly. So the rear quarter will be able to come off with the window still in. So where you see the yellow tape line is where im going to glass it to fit snuggle against the frame of the car. The window will be above this in its own frame.

Finished off the glassing on the top edge of the hatch..... 3 layers

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Joe..... I think I missed your post ....not sure when you said that ! I do have plans of making "parts" to work with a sebring windshield. PM me what your timeframe is and what your thinkin.

Boz

Made the post a bit over a year ago. PM sent.

Joe
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great stuff Boz.

Someday when I get to the windshield, I'll drop you a note.

Bob
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Hello Tony ! How ya doing ? Typically my average is 4 layers of glass. Sometimes I try to keep it lighter in non stress areas or areas that i'll support later with 3 layers. When I make my sheets to build panels there usually 2 layers so I can work with them and after there shaped i'll add the final 2 layers. If there complex bends then Ill make a sheet of 1 layer... its real thin, and twist and shape it. I use Formica sheets like Archie does, and sometimes Formica shelving that i'll put together in a 90 degree to make bend shapes. Gotta Mc'Gyver it sometimes !!

Hi Boz,
Just to add clarification to our esteemed colleague's question, What weight glass are you using? and, typically how thick are you making it?

Bob
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe, So Sorry I missed that ! I got your PM, and ....also to Bob / RCR. As things progress here by the fall time I will me making a part for the Sebring windshield. I have a few parts cars that I can test it on. Also, on BOTH your builds they are a tremendous inspiration for me as I love to watch your journeys as well. Bob, as far as thickness's go. I use 1 1/2oz fabric , which is .045 thick. Most of my parts come out between 1/8 and 3/16" thick. On some parts that need reinforcement I go as far as a 1/4" The more shapes the part has I can stay at around 1/8 because the shapes make it stronger. Parts like the rear bumper are 1/4" Air ducts 1/8, rear hips and hatch 3/16 average. Hope that answers it !

Build ON !!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Throw out bearing...old and new. With all the pressure from the misaligned pressureplate nows the time to replace this thing. Don't want to have to dive all this deep after the fact !!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
New Flywheel mounted

Tranny cleaned up of all the crap. New bearing installed just because
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
now clutch and pressure plate bolted up. Time to but these 2 together !!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock