Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65544 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gianina got her wheels and tires today She was happy to see them.

She liked them so much she put Sharka on guard patrol

IP: Logged
el_roy1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for el_roy1985Send a Private Message to el_roy1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

The benefit for doing this is to have a custom car that is not a cookie cutter.

Guess I thought it might have more curvature to it. Although, it was not noticeable when I looked up images. Guess I'll have to wait and see how it looks compared to other chopped Fieros with stock windshields. I would like to have a windshield that's curved more, but not sure if I would want to go through all the work that is involved.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those are some good looking wheels !

What sizes are you running ?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by el_roy1985:

Guess I thought it might have more curvature to it. Although, it was not noticeable when I looked up images. Guess I'll have to wait and see how it looks compared to other chopped Fieros with stock windshields. I would like to have a windshield that's curved more, but not sure if I would want to go through all the work that is involved.

There is a lot more curve to it than stock. Gotta remember the laid back window looks more flat than if on a OEM car. It also extends more to the front with hopes of giving the more cab forward look. It is a lot of work.

Originally posted by exoticse:
Those are some good looking wheels !

What sizes are you running ?

Thanks, 18X10 rear and 17X9 front
Wait until you see the new front. I hope I will get a little time to work some on it this weekend.
I did notice the front sway bar is not connected to the a-arms. Guess it has been that way for a while and would explain why the front was feeling a little loose when I drove it before I cut the car to pieces.
I gage if I'm making the right decisions on how big my wifes smile is when she walks out to look at what I am doing. Like when we pulled the wheels out of the boxes.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOVE the wheel choice! love some big old chrome...

It reminds me very much of the G8 GXP wheel/Caddy CTS-v wheel

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Breeze has to be cut but has more shape to it. Yea with the chop the windshield is laid back making the thing look flat.

What do you mean by "more shape to it"? I'm confused.
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Breeze windshield has more curvature on the bottom so it sits further forward in a stock configuration than the screen Mike is using on his build. If I am reading correctly, that would be what Mike was saying for more curvature. If I remember correctly, the Breeze lower edge pushes out about 8" from stock Fiero and the Sebring is about 5-6" at the bottom edge. Numbers may not be exact but I think they are about there.

The Sebring screen fits better in the chopped scenario though in my opinion since the bottom curvature is less so it will not sit as high up when laid back and fills the front cowl area very nicely as the centre portion of the lower lip is longer than stock Breeze and Fiero. Fits really well from the pics I am seeing here.

Keep up the great work Mike as it is looking good.

Cheers
Don
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a little test fitting today. The front wheels will rub if I turn to sharp I will have to space them out a little to clear at full turn.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After finding out I need to space the front wheels out to clear on turns. I decided to just get wheel adaptors and not re-drill hubs. I will just have to make the car a little wider than planned is all. Might be a good thing.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gianina got her wheels and tires today She was happy to see them.

She liked them so much she put Sharka on guard patrol

I've always liked your cars. Your wife is a cutie too. Is she on the girls with fieros link?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I've always liked your cars. Your wife is a cutie too. Is she on the girls with fieros link?

Thanks, Na she has been in a few of the threads but not the girls with Fieros.
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With only one day off last week not a lot was done to the car. If I get the wheel adapters in today I will bolt the wheels up and work more on the front of the car. I cut a little metal out on the front for the new front end so it should shorten the front up about 3 inches from stock. Sorry time was short and I did not take any pictures.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. AS long as she is happy that's all that matters.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a few pictures of were I am with the front of the car. I decided to modify a bumper saves a lot of time.

Shot of the rear wheel on the car
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still only one day off this week so I took a little time to make the spacers for the front bumper. I have to make it five inches wider on the front. Looks like the front is 73 inches wide tire to tire and the rear is 75. If I remember right that is the width of the 355 Ferrari.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good spider.

Are those lambo headlamps in the works ?

Can't wait to see how you going to shape the front and rear hips.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good spider.

Are those lambo headlamps in the works ?

Can't wait to see how you going to shape the front and rear hips.

Thanks, Celica headlamps. I got one of the fenders started today.

The way I do it is fast but takes more finnish time but beats making molds.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the front bumper it looks like it is close to fitting or could be fitted to a stock Fiero fairly easy. I wonder how many others have done this and how much would it cost?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

I like the front bumper it looks like it is close to fitting or could be fitted to a stock Fiero fairly easy. I wonder how many others have done this and how much would it cost?

For me it is a big time saver. It would be too wide for a stock fiero but could be made to fit as I have to make it fit for my needs. I paid $123.00 for it online. So for the price I would use that much in material and time to make something of my own. I got the back bumper in yesterday but did not get to take a look at it. I also got all the Polly and parts for front and rear cradle so I will get that done next, cut the springs (need a coil off drop front) and get at it again when I get some time.
Thanks,

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Got the back bumper in today. After posting my last post this morning of the price of my front bumper I got a (NEG) added to my bar so with this post I will let everyone know the back bumper was $186.00 and that Amazon.com is were I got them. There are a lot of good deals there.

Thanks,
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that back bumper is really slick looking !

What car was that made for ?

Man I really need to look around for a future project !
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that back bumper is really slick looking !

What car was that made for ?

Man I really need to look around for a future project !

It is for a G35

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I took a few pictures of were I am with the front of the car. I decided to modify a bumper saves a lot of time.

Shot of the rear wheel on the car

Looks to rice for me
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KVCFIERO

153 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Got the back bumper in today. After posting my last post this morning of the price of my front bumper I got a (NEG) added to my bar so with this post I will let everyone know the back bumper was $186.00 and that Amazon.com is were I got them. There are a lot of good deals there.

Thanks,

That is one sweet rear. I can not wait to see this on the back

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to do a little work on the front end

Finnished with the fender skins

then molding the front together

Next is a couple of shots on how wide the front will be. I want to have the car flow front to back like the curves of a woman. The doors will be the waist then I will work on the wide hips.

A overhead shot
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got to do a little work on the front end

Finnished with the fender skins

then molding the front together

Next is a couple of shots on how wide the front will be. I want to have the car flow front to back like the curves of a woman. The doors will be the waist then I will work on the wide hips.

A overhead shot

I like what you are doing. Looks like a lot of work but should be worth it when the wife gets to show it off.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! WEE!

I likie berry much !
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

WOW! WEE!

I likie berry much !

I hope it will hang with yours when finished.
Looks like another week of no progress, work is killing me.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope it will hang with yours when finished.
Looks like another week of no progress, work is killing me.

More like two weeks any updates?

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More into this one then the one going on at archies, Hate the owner of that car but this is something new and not something the same. Not trying to ruffle and feathers in the other camp as Archie has always been a great guy to me.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

More like two weeks any updates?

A lot going on. I had a very good offer to work for another company and so I am in the middle of that. I will have a few months here then will relocate to San Antonio with new job so I am looking forward to that. I cut the top off the back bumper a while back and need to make some more cuts and piece it together to get it were I need it. Will take some pictures when I start. Then I will know what I need to connect the front and the back. I got a good lead on a spare 88 cradle so I might be able to start fitting the LS4 to it also one day.

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

More into this one then the one going on at archies, Hate the owner of that car but this is something new and not something the same. Not trying to ruffle and feathers in the other camp as Archie has always been a great guy to me.

Not sure what to say. You hate me or the owner of the car at Archie’s? Anyway, thanks and I will give you a plus for having balls and using them buy being honest and not swinging from someone else’s.
PFF
System Bot
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on the move. I hope it works out for you.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do not hate you just the owner of the car at archies. sorry for the confusion. Its personal for me This is new as well not done before no offense to Archie and his crew as they do great work as well.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

do not hate you just the owner of the car at archies. sorry for the confusion. Its personal for me This is new as well not done before no offense to Archie and his crew as they do great work as well.

That’s cool, most people that know me knows it is OK to hate me. I'm glad you don't because I could not remember us having issues. I was hoping to work on the car a little today but I had to be at work.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to hear about the job Mike. Congrats! Nice to be wanted, huh?
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No issues as well a plus sent your way as well.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1984 Porsche 944

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

good to hear about the job Mike. Congrats! Nice to be wanted, huh?

Yep, It is.
Gianina and I have been thinking of calling this car Fiero-V having the LS engine the wheels as the CTS-V and if I can work it. looking at the CTS-V bottom grill in the front of the car would look nice. I hope to get this weekend off so I can work on the car some. I might go with the Black Diamond paint also.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a little time to cut the back bumper down today I made a couple cuts and set it in place.
I can not post the pictures is
pip not working?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Cliff I'm back to posting pictures. Here are the one I tried to post of the rear bumper

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started making a jig for the rear fenders today. Thought I would share a few pictures of how I am doing it.

Gonna have some wide hips
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock