Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65544 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

My only question is why this thread in not in the construction zone?

It's not really a build thread, and isn't intended to have any real detail about how the work gets done?
IP: Logged
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seams like a descent build thread to me and offers up as much " HOW TO" as others that are in the construction zone.

Looking good, keep it up. Ray
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Guys. I spliced the hood today and took four inches out of it. I also put some glass over the foam on the new shelf.

Next I have to put the latch, pins and wipers back. Then I will start on the headlights.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's not really a build thread, and isn't intended to have any real detail about how the work gets done?

I am gonna say the info will be limited....I know if I did something that could not be done I wouldn't share how I did it......Like breeding a chicken that lays gold eggs....I am not going to tell you what 2 chickens I used......

Also I really don't think many could pull this off besides Mike...The only other person that comes to mind is FieroGuru......I mean it hasnt been done yet and how long has the "KING" been chopping Fieros?
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:
If you don't want to reveal your solution for that I'm sure I can find out what others have done as you're not the first to use that windshield in a fiero.

You're post sounds like you think you are telling Mike (and thread readers) something new. Mike stated in this thread that he got this from the kit car people .

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

You're post sounds like you think you are telling Mike (and thread readers) something new. Mike stated in this thread that he got this from the kit car people .

I'm not telling Mike or anyone else anything new, what you referenced from my post was a question about where he would be picking up air for the ventilation system that now appears to have the cowl inlets blocked off. I also said if Mike doesn't want to reveal how he's going to regain his air inlet I could find out from other's who have used that sebring style windshield on a fiero chassis[the kit car people].......

......I'm curious how that windshield will blend into the rear edge of your now shortened hood. I know that windshield has been used on rebodied[kit car] fieros, but I don't think anyone has tried it with a near stock bodied fiero. I'm wondering if it will be necessary to reshape the rear hood edge to match the new curve on the windshield. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(grapeape style) OOh OOOH OOOH .... I know how he did it!!!! He has a pair!

You do realize when the author gets bored he finds something to do right???
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-07-2011).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Next I have to put the latch, pins and wipers back. Then I will start on the headlights.

Are you going to reuse the headache pins with a new "bulkhead" ?

Since you are retaining most of the stock hood structure, you could just relocate them forward... it seems like you've left the strike points intact.

Looking good so far
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Are you going to reuse the headache pins with a new "bulkhead" ?

Since you are retaining most of the stock hood structure, you could just relocate them forward... it seems like you've left the strike points intact.

Looking good so far

That is the plan. good eye.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Your going to make av8fiero's head explode trying to figure that one out.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
I am gonna say the info will be limited....I know if I did something that could not be done I wouldn't share how I did it......Like breeding a chicken that lays gold eggs....I am not going to tell you what 2 chickens I used......

Also I really don't think many could pull this off besides Mike...The only other person that comes to mind is FieroGuru......I mean it hasnt been done yet and how long has the "KING" been chopping Fieros?

Right. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just saying that the amount of technical info, at least so far, seems somewhat limited, compared to other threads in TCZ. But given his post of "I wasn't expecting to do a build thread" and not providing all the info, I was just commenting on why it's not in TCZ yet. Also, probably nobody has asked Cliff to move it there; though sometimes it does take a while for him to move requested threads.
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Your going to make av8fiero's head explode trying to figure that one out.

You know I think you're right! How did he turn a Fiero into a chopped pickup! The mods required to pull it off must have been staggering lol.

Seriously though if Mike has a problem with me asking questions just say so. I've never questioned his ability to pull off ANY chop. I find it interesting the differences in the all the chops out there, and some things work better in one style of chop vs. others.

Great progress on the chop, the sebring windshield mods are of the most interest to me as I may go in a similar direction on my homebrew chop.

Mike you have a pm

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to say with Mike doing the work nothing is impossible....Every project I have seen Mike do has been done extremly fast, the right way and turned out looking better than what I have seen any others do it....He was the first to do an all glass chop and will be the first to do an all glass chop top T-Top...."He" that said it couldnt be done was just to lazy to try and others just followed....Just like glass side windows for chops.....All it took was someone really wanting them to make it happen...Then it went from it can't be done cause if cost to much to everyone getting glass side windows for there chops.......

Actually, I wish you would find a way to tell the truth.....I never said it couldn't be done, I just said I wasn't going to do it, this is what I said in Oct. 2003. If you can quote where I said it couldn't be done, please post a link right here......

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm sorry, there is just no way I'm going to chop a "T" top car.

I would hope that this post can explain exactly why I'm not going to screw-up a Rare "T" top car.

Check this out......

When we chop the top we lower the windshield by 9 degrees. SEE "A"

That shifts the whole roof back about 1-1/2 inches. SEE "B"

That will change the angle and hurt the seal in the area where the roof panels meet the windshield. SEE "E"

As the roof shifts towards the rear of the car the trailing edge of the "T" top panels also moves back toward the rear. SEE "C"

As a result that will screw-up the seals and several other things at Fiero B pillar. SEE "D"

If you've ever removed the headliner from a "T" top car and looked at the "T" top structure from underneath (in the area "E" from the inside) You'll find that it extends almost all the way to the rear window. We do a lot of cutting and welding in this area and (SEE "E") and if we try that with a "T" top car, I'm afraid we'll ruin the "T" top car.

I hope that explains it.
Archie

PM JScott....I am sure he bought a set from Mike...They will never fit into his chop as that has been "proven"....

Correct, it has been proven in this thread in the trashcan https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000111.html
It wouldn't be in the trashcan if you guys could have stuck to the facts instead of the Hate.

Let what die....I am just stating facts....Mike is slammed by certain others in past Threads and now he is doing something that "Can't be Done" and some of those same people are all wanting answers on "How To"..The man is doing something that has never been done(AGAIN) and is said to be "Not Do-able" by that 'Other Guy" and all of a sudden it's "Hey Buddy"..........Being I know Mike pretty good and have for many years....I am going to say he is not going to tell how he did the work being if you wanna know figure it out yourself like he did for himself.....Just like he went out on his own to get glass windows for his chops and was the first with "All Glass ChopTops" then of course "Others" followed........If you wanna know how ask the "King Of ChopTops"...you know the guy that has done so many compared to little Ol' Mike.....

Thank You, I guess I am "King Of ChopTops", you boys have a long way to go to catch up.

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

My only question is why this thread in not in the construction zone?

In addition to opinions expressed by a few others, I'll tell you why no threads by F355spider are in the Construction Zone. I seems that certain people use any thread by Mike as a chance to use it as an insult & lie Zone.

Cliff's past actions indicate he won't put a thread in the Construction Zone if it's filled with Hate & that he'll move them out of the CZ if they go bad.

They take what could eventually turn into a good Construction Zone thread & use it to throw insults & jabs at me. You'll find more of Mike's threads in the Trachcan then you will in the Construction Zone.

If you'll search out the threads by or about Mike & his Chop Tops & read thru them, you'll find that ( just like this thread) I never entered into those threads until the insults, lies & jabs started flying. Someday those guys will finally figure out that when Mike's buddies stop ruining his threads, he might actually get a thread in the Construction Zone. Until then his threads will likely die in the Archives or Trashcan.

If they want to keep putting out the Hate, I'll keep correcting them with the truth.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-07-2011).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:
You know I think you're right! How did he turn a Fiero into a chopped pickup! The mods required to pull it off must have been staggering lol.

Seriously though if Mike has a problem with me asking questions just say so. I've never questioned his ability to pull off ANY chop. I find it interesting the differences in the all the chops out there, and some things work better in one style of chop vs. others.

Great progress on the chop, the sebring windshield mods are of the most interest to me as I may go in a similar direction on my homebrew chop.

Mike you have a pm

I am a big believer in free speech, ask what you wish but don’t hold out the other hand it might fill up first. Most of all if it does it will wash off so don’t get angry.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could care less for all this "ooo look what I can do and no one else can crap". Im not going to chop my T-Top, I just asked for some freaking good photos so I can see it. The crap photos and cropped photos that continue to get posted here are not doing anything for the "My wifes 88 T-Top Chop LS4 build". Why create a thread, invite us all to watch in wonder and then refuse to post photos and data on what is being done. Either post the data/pics or don't, but why continue to "tease" us with the crappy photos and "i have a secret" text.

Dobey, let me know if this thread ever becomes something to view, i'll be passing on it from now on. Don't have time for "I have a secret", I deal with that 5th grade crap at work all day long.

Rob
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

I could care less for all this "ooo look what I can do and no one else can crap". Im not going to chop my T-Top, I just asked for some freaking good photos so I can see it. The crap photos and cropped photos that continue to get posted here are not doing anything for the "My wifes 88 T-Top Chop LS4 build". Why create a thread, invite us all to watch in wonder and then refuse to post photos and data on what is being done. Either post the data/pics or don't, but why continue to "tease" us with the crappy photos and "i have a secret" text.

Dobey, let me know if this thread ever becomes something to view, i'll be passing on it from now on. Don't have time for "I have a secret", I deal with that 5th grade crap at work all day long.

Rob

LOL, but you had time to rant like a fifth grader who just got bullied on the play ground.

Why does he ave to explain , just sit back enjoy some pics and relax!!! Ray
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In addition to opinions expressed by a few others, I'll tell you why no threads by F355spider are in the Construction Zone. I seems that certain people use any thread by Mike as a chance to use it as an insult & lie Zone.

Cliff's past actions indicate he won't put a thread in the Construction Zone if it's filled with Hate & that he'll move them out of the CZ if they go bad.

They take what could eventually turn into a good Construction Zone thread & use it to throw insults & jabs at me. You'll find more of Mike's threads in the Trachcan then you will in the Construction Zone.

If you'll search out the threads by or about Mike & his Chop Tops & read thru them, you'll find that ( just like this thread) I never entered into those threads until the insults, lies & jabs started flying. Someday those guys will finally figure out that when Mike's buddies stop ruining his threads, he might actually get a thread in the Construction Zone. Until then his threads will likely die in the Archives or Trashcan.

If they want to keep putting out the Hate, I'll keep correcting them with the truth.

Archie

Everything always has to be about you!!!!!!!

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Still don't think it is going to work.......You screwed....That was a rare T-Top car you hacked up.......Way to go.......

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 07-07-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

God you're stupid, you're the one who made it about me.

You really don't have any content to add, every other post you've made has been about me.

You need a hobby.

Archie
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really don't have any content to add, every other post you've made has been about me.

You need a hobby.

Archie

Archie start your own thread and talk your trash there. This is a build thread for my wife’s car and I do not need you and your friends here trying to trash it like you have all my other threads. Be a man and walk away or start a lets bash F355spider or Mustangbeware thread or something just stay out of my wife's build thread. You are not welcome here with you calling people stupid.
Michael
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...."He" that said it couldnt be done was just to lazy to try and others just followed....

Nothing to hide....it cant be done as that one guy has said.....plain and simple.....and if it can be why would Mike wanna give out the secert on how? I mean look thru old Threads where everyone gave him grief and sided with the "Ol Great One"......once again Mike will be leading the way with being the one and only chopped T-Top.....just like he was the first to go all glass on his chops and others finally followed.....

Archie start your own thread and talk your trash there. This is a build thread for my wife’s car and I do not need you and your friends here trying to trash it like you have all my other threads. Be a man and walk away or start a lets bash F355spider or Mustangbeware thread or something just stay out of my wife's build thread. You are not welcome here with you calling people stupid.
Michael

Sorry Mike, but if someone's gonna call me lazy and throw out snide comments about me, in a PUBLIC forum I'm gonna stick up for myself. He's got a business to run, and there are new members on here that may have never heard about Archie before, and if all they see are negative comments about him in this thread, that could hurt his business.

I'm sorry for throwing my un-needed comments in your 'build' thread, I hope it can turn around here and just stick to the build without any side dialog about the past.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Michael

I'll be more than happy to not be involved in your "build thread".

In fact, I was quite content to stay out of it for the first 3-1/2 pages but your buddy kept trying to drag me into it with lies & mis-statements.

If you look at your other threads, you'll see that I wasn't involved until the incorrect statements started coming out.

Truely, it's your friends that are ruining your threads not me. Maybe you should have a talk with them.

BTW, calling your buddy stupid was a statement of fact & not name calling.

Archie

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a fan of Mike, but I've got to admit, this is more fun than the Casey Anthony trial. Can't wait to see what gets posted next, and not just the technical stuff.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Sorry Mike, but if someone's gonna call me lazy and throw out snide comments about me, in a PUBLIC forum I'm gonna stick up for myself. He's got a business to run, and there are new members on here that may have never heard about Archie before, and if all they see are negative comments about him in this thread, that could hurt his business.

I'm sorry for throwing my un-needed comments in your 'build' thread, I hope it can turn around here and just stick to the build without any side dialog about the past.

This thread does not hurt his business he does a great job of that on his own with his diagrams, pictures, trashing other people that challenge him or tells others they think him selling rusty angle iron for motor mounts is not professional and the many times he takes the bait and Stephen sets the hook. Then he calls other people stupid!
That is what makes Archie look bad. O the best part, he keeps coming back for more year after year.

Originally posted by dratts:

I'm a fan of Mike, but I've got to admit, this is more fun than the Casey Anthony trial. Can't wait to see what gets posted next, and not just the technical stuff.

Yea the best of both worlds, I agree. Drama and a build thread who would have thought?
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike why not just do your build and stop getting into mudslinging with Archie, you stooping to throw accusation will only ruin this thread......just stick to the build.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need a hobby.

Archie

Well being that I am smarter than you....What does that make you......Wait I know.....But will not stoop to name calling.....

The funny thing is I never even mentioned your name...YOU just ASSume I am talking about you.....There are over 15K members on this Forum, could be talking about any one of them...You just like to ASSume.......

And I added alot of content to this Thread...Hell I sold him the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit For: Hook, line and sinker......Almost got this one landed......

Okay back to the build Thread.....We can finish this in the Thread that will be started about trashing Mike and myself.>Should I start it or the opposing team?

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 07-08-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Be a part of the soulution not the problem" a quote I heard from my highschool shop teacher, and is still as good today as was way back then. I am verry intrested in seeing this car gettin done can we get back to it guys?
I have had in the back of my mind for a long time of tryin to chop a t top I am curious as everyone else how your doing it so ill sit back and watch w open eyes seein how your coming along! any chop is a good chop no matter who does it, the chop itself isnt the cool part. The cool part is the dedication the hard work and the vision to see somthing in the minds eye come to reality and at the end of the work the reward of knowing you did it.
Honestly who cares about method and style, we each have our own. What makes a custom car builder a custom car builder is the diversity between us, if they were all done the same way we all would just be factory workers on a line of sorts. now come on lets get to it!! I crave more progress of this cool little project for your lady!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stangs give him 2 years.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Mike why not just do your build and stop getting into mudslinging with Archie, you stooping to throw accusation will only ruin this thread......just stick to the build.

I agree that is why I ask him to be a man and walk away in the post above. No accusations went his way only the truth. He attacked me in a thread a few weeks ago. I stayed out of it and let it go but if he is going to come to my wife's build thread calling people stupid and spreading his lies he will get both barrels.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...... I can not believe that Archie still chasing bait.....
For the last 11 yeare that I know of....
How many times did you take MY bait back then... Still can't resist can you...???

Back to lurking

PS. Great thread ....

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Wow...... I can not believe that Archie still chasing bait.....
For the last 11 yeare that I know of....
How many times did you take MY bait back then... Still can't resist can you...???

Back to lurking

PS. Great thread ....

Hey thats just more bait ....

PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Hey thats just more bait ....

I know.....
Watch him bite .....AGAIN

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to work the weekend but found a little time to start relocating the wipers. I have the first hole drilled. There is just enough room for them.

If I get time after work tomorrow I will try to get the other one done.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How will the stock wipers work with the curvature of the glass?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

How will the stock wipers work with the curvature of the glass?

I did some test runs with them by hand to get locations. The way a wiper is made allows it to form to the windshield so stockers will work. I will find larger blades to cover more area but not needed. I just thought of something. This might not work on a standard car the clutch master cylinder might be in the way. I will have to look when I am home. This has been done on two kit cars that I know off but I did not see how they did their wipers just wanted info on the best windshield to fit the Fiero opening. There was not a lot of info out there that I could find.
Thanks,
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it be possible to fit an aftermarket wiper unit they use in the old 30's hot rods down in the cowl in the duct area u covered with the sheetmetal? I know those units are verry small and basically run two motors one for each wiper kinda like a servo drive. I bet they would make it alot easier to do this then u would have no linkage between the wiper arms to deal with anymore.??Just an Idea.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Would it be possible to fit an aftermarket wiper unit they use in the old 30's hot rods down in the cowl in the duct area u covered with the sheetmetal? I know those units are verry small and basically run two motors one for each wiper kinda like a servo drive. I bet they would make it alot easier to do this then u would have no linkage between the wiper arms to deal with anymore.??Just an Idea.

Si, good idea, I just want to keep the original setup.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have not seen Sean's 430 build, I thought it might give you some ideas: http://www.madmechanics.com...er-ad-360-build/450/

Bob
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And some hood gap filler info too....
http://www.madmechanics.com...er-build-thread/210/
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for what it's worth,

How about just using one wiper like the exotics. Just a thought..

I think it would really set the car off nicely.

Not to say that what your doing already is GREAT!

I enjoy the updates, less the drama.

Please continue

And I can't wait to see the car in person.

Jim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock