Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65542 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

It did have right before I sold it. About a week before selling it a pin hole started leaking so had to swap in another one..Buy not complaning as the El Paso crew was a life saver.....have to throw in another thank you for all the help that night....

No thanks required Stephen. Mi Casa Su Casa!

IOP2

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 06-18-2011).]

IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Wait...... you can chop a T-TOP????? I thought that it was impossible to chop a T-TOP.

MORE PICS, MORE PICS.

Rob

I have to say with Mike doing the work nothing is impossible....Every project I have seen Mike do has been done extremly fast, the right way and turned out looking better than what I have seen any others do it....He was the first to do an all glass chop and will be the first to do an all glass chop top T-Top...."He" that said it couldnt be done was just to lazy to try and others just followed....Just like glass side windows for chops.....All it took was someone really wanting them to make it happen...Then it went from it can't be done cause if cost to much to everyone getting glass side windows for there chops.......
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, ,so what am I missing. If you lay the window back, the T-TOP panel has to go back into the rear clip if it stays the same size. If you don't change the size of the top, then did you cut the top like the old school chops and lower the whole thing? I guess im having an issue with how its done, because I have looked at my top, and I can't see how you would do this and have the top line up with the windows.

Rob

The difference is that in a "normal" fiero chop top the stock windshield is used only laid back 9 degrees and therefore the roof gets shorter.

In a chop top t-top the roof stays the same size so the windshield has to get shorter...hence Mike is using a custom windshield, (from a Sebring) I believe and he is also moving the cowl forward giving the car a more modern look. It is more work than simply making the roof shorter and that's one reason one hasn't been completed to my knowledge.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

The difference is that in a "normal" fiero chop top the stock windshield is used only laid back 9 degrees and therefore the roof gets shorter.

In a chop top t-top the roof stays the same size so the windshield has to get shorter...hence Mike is using a custom windshield, (from a Sebring) I believe and he is also moving the cowl forward giving the car a more modern look. It is more work than simply making the roof shorter and that's one reason one hasn't been completed to my knowledge.

I might have leaded some to believe the windshield is cut down. It is not, I laid it back the same as I always do. I can take more detail pictures but if you look the windshield panel has not been cut or the a pillars. I did have to chop this car different than the others but all of the ones I have done are different in some way.
Gianina and I discussed it (I had to get her approval) and I like the way the Ferrari kits use the extended windshields and the way it transforms the look so I went with the Sebring windshield. She has two styles planned for this car. With either one the windshield will add to it. I can say it will have Celica blacked out angle eye headlights because they have already been ordered. I also want to test fit the production car windows that I think might work in a chop. This is only the beginning. jscott if she uses the Fbody interior I will need your help.
I also want to thank everyone for your interest and compliments.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I might have leaded some to believe the windshield is cut down. It is not, I laid it back the same as I always do. I can take more detail pictures but if you look the windshield panel has not been cut or the a pillars. I did have to chop this car different than the others but all of the ones I have done are different in some way.

If you need my help no problem...

I'm not trying to steal your thunder, I'm sure this car will be unique in the way it's chopped. I'm just explaining the additional challenge of chopping a T-top. After the roof is lowered pure geometry would tell you that you have to lay back the windshield even if you were to cut down a stock one. I don't know if a Sebring windshield is taller or shorter than stock but it's probably different. I would love to see more detailed pictures how you did it.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you need my help no problem...

I'm not trying to steal your thunder, I'm sure this car will be unique in the way it's chopped. I'm just explaining the additional challenge of chopping a T-top. After the roof is lowered pure geometry would tell you that you have to lay back the windshield even if you were to cut down a stock one. I don't know if a Sebring windshield is taller or shorter than stock but it's probably different. I would love to see more detailed pictures how you did it.

No problem, The Sebring windshield fits the stock frame of the Fiero. It is a little longer and more bubbled that is why I have to move the wipers out. Picked it up from the kit car forum and it has been done there. I could put the Fiero windshield I took out in the opening but it is broken. I am telling you I did not cut down the windshield opening just laid it back like on the other chops. There is no thunder to steal my wife wanted a Chopped T-Top Fiero and she has one.

As you can see the windshield frame is uncut. I hope that helps

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So from the pics its hard to tell, but did you have to push the back end of the T-Top panel into the roofline further than stock. It looks like the black plastic "filler" panel is missing. If so, then I can see how this may work, but when the glass is off, don't you have a small portion 3"- 4" of the sail panel extending into the removed area. If so then I finally get it. It works, and may look good when the glass is on, but how does it look with the glass off.

I'd love to see more pics, and some with the glass off.

Thanks agian for this thread. I've always wanted to chop my T-top.

Rob
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So from the pics its hard to tell, but did you have to push the back end of the T-Top panel into the roofline further than stock. It looks like the black plastic "filler" panel is missing...

Thanks agian for this thread. I've always wanted to chop my T-top.

Rob

From this picture it appears the t-top is sitting in the same location with respect to the B pillars. If it wasn't that would mess up the sealing surface.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a bad drawing but I think it helps what im saying.

If you change the angle at "B", it moves "A" back. If you move it back more than an inch, it will hang over into the sail panel, and I think, look goofey when the glass is off. I just want to see how the heck he did it. I have been looking at my top for years and I can't figure out how he did it.

Rob
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a bad drawing but I think it helps what im saying.

Rob

I totally get what you are saying, but from the posted pic the t-top looks like the example on top, which is the same as a stock T-top.

I can't speak for Mike, but on my chop top t-top the windshield frames were cut down such that the "A" pillars were shorter. This required a cut down windshield.

I'm not sure exactly how Mike did it.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 06-20-2011).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My $$$ is that he moved the lower attachment points for the A-pillars forward. With his window selection he was going to have to build a new lower windshield base anyway, so why not move the bottoms of the A-pillars. This would allow the t-top section to remain essentially stock and the needed length change happens at the front. Here is a comparison pic between his lowered t-top and an old stock height parts chassis.

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally get what you are saying, but from the posted pic the t-top looks like the example on top, which is the same as a stock T-top.

I can't speak for Mike, but on my chop top t-top the windshield frames were cut down such that the "A" pillars were shorter. This required a cut down windshield.

I'm not sure exactly how Mike did it.

I agree. Pic's do show that!!!!

Thats what I was thinking too, If the top was chopped old school, it would make sence.

Rob
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok while you guys try to make sense of it. I will give you a hint; I never try to do that. I just look at it and then do it. It is a lot simpler to just do it to me. All the pictures and angles and cad drawings are just not how I do it. I am moving on to the windshield. The new headlights should be in any day so I will be able to start making a new hood and windshield tray. I just hope I get away from work a little this weekend.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have to come up with a new tray, what kind of solution are you planning for the anti-decapitation pins?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

If you have to come up with a new tray, what kind of solution are you planning for the anti-decapitation pins?

I put the window in last night for a test fit with my wife. The chop was easier than what this will be. The guys on the kit car forum said it fit the opening. Not the case for me. I can stick my fingers through the gap at the top center and at the bottom of the A pillars. I was trying to talk my wife into just putting a stock windshield in the car. She looked at me and said If not this you would be doing something else so just fix it. This was something she and I always talked about when we had the silver chop and said the next one would have it.
My plan is to move all the hardware forward cut the hood and shorten it and build the curve around the windshield in it then cut out for the headlights. The windshield hits right were the center latch is at. At this point I am not sure I like it. I know when done on the Ferrari kit cars it looks great. I'm not sure about the Fiero it makes the top look short from front to back. It might also be having it at the laid back angle. Time will tell.
That was a very good question.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CAn you give us a glimpse of what it would look like? The peanut gallery can tell you what we think it would look like. It sounds nice in theory.
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So am I to believe it can't be done like the regular chops as Archie had said ?.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

So am I to believe it can't be done like the regular chops as Archie had said ?.

It can be done (clearly)... but there's not so much room for error. The issue F355 is facing now is the windscreen being from a different car. There's always issues with pioneering - maybe the t-chop plus the alternate windshield would've been best done separately. Either way, he'll figure it out.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WAS this a CJB t-top car?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

It can be done (clearly)... but there's not so much room for error. The issue F355 is facing now is the windscreen being from a different car. There's always issues with pioneering - maybe the t-chop plus the alternate windshield would've been best done separately. Either way, he'll figure it out.

Mike is so talented he doesn't even have to think about what he's doing, so he just does it...

but for the rest of us, I find it almost impossible to believe that the t-top chop top can be done with the stock windshield. The windshield frame on my t-top chop top was about 3 to 4 inches shorter than stock. I just don't see how you could fit a stock windshield and a stock t-top frame on a lowered roof. Something has to give somewhere.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike is so talented he doesn't even have to think about what he's doing, so he just does it...

but for the rest of us, I find it almost impossible to believe that the t-top chop top can be done with the stock windshield. The windshield frame on my t-top chop top was about 3 to 4 inches shorter than stock. I just don't see how you could fit a stock windshield and a stock t-top frame on a lowered roof. Something has to give somewhere.

I still have the broken fiero one if you want I will set it in if that will satisfy you. Why do you think I would lie to you? I showed you the pictures the frame is not cut. Back on track, the headlights are in.

Will be at the office this weekend also so not much will get done sad to say.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No...car was a sunroof car before someone swapped in the T-Tops..
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking start, I love the t-top cars and would love to own one. I hope you don't

let all the drama some feel the need to start, stop you from updating the thread. Ray

P.S (edit) Never mind to late to be thinking that hard.

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 06-23-2011).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still have the broken fiero one if you want I will set it in if that will satisfy you. Why do you think I would lie to you? I showed you the pictures the frame is not cut.

Don't misunderstand me, you did it and I believe you, I just can't put the pieces together in my head. If a stock Fiero windshield would have fit on my t-top chop top I probably would still have it, but there is just no way it would fit.

I just can't figure out how you did it without shortening the windshield frame?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't misunderstand me, you did it and I believe you, I just can't put the pieces together in my head. If a stock Fiero windshield would have fit on my t-top chop top I probably would still have it, but there is just no way it would fit.

I just can't figure out how you did it without shortening the windshield frame?

I understand. Your car was chopped a different way than the other chops is all. This one was done the way of the "Normal Chop top Fieros" so it retains the Fiero windshield. We just want to make some extra mods to make it stand out from the others.

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Great looking start, I love the t-top cars and would love to own one. I hope you don't

let all the drama some feel the need to start, stop you from updating the thread. Ray

P.S (edit) Never mind to late to be thinking that hard.

Thanks, We love the T-Tops also.

No It is a C&C car.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't get me wrong, im all for this swap too, I can't wait to see more pics.

Keep it up.

Rob
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think fieroguru figured out how you pulled off the chop without cutting down the windshield frame, the base of the windshield looks to be positioned further forward. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to see how you pull off the hood mods that will be required wether you use a stock windshield or the Sebring windshield in your chop. It would be interesting to see a stock windshield layed in there before you mod it for the Sebring glass to see how much of the hood would need to be removed/shortened. I do think the lines will look better with the curved Sebring glass rather than the flatter stock glass, especially if you're going to be changing the nose of the car signifigantly. Watching with interest.
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok looking at it I now see how it can be done,if you take out a 3" section all you would have to do is move the A pillar bottom more forward and then use the extended windshield and a new tray like in the 355 rebodies so the windshield can fit.

The hood will have to be shortened to match the tray of the new windshield ...............cool.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back on track, the headlights are in.

more info on the headlights? can you show us what you have planned for them? thanks and awesome work!
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey i think them wheels used to be mine
heres a pic on my car years ago, i dont remember who i sold them to, but i tink they went to OK or TX, 5ish years back[

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t
99 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 06-23-2011).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

I think fieroguru figured out how you pulled off the chop without cutting down the windshield frame, the base of the windshield looks to be positioned further forward. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to see how you pull off the hood mods that will be required wether you use a stock windshield or the Sebring windshield in your chop. It would be interesting to see a stock windshield layed in there before you mod it for the Sebring glass to see how much of the hood would need to be removed/shortened. I do think the lines will look better with the curved Sebring glass rather than the flatter stock glass, especially if you're going to be changing the nose of the car signifigantly. Watching with interest.

That would work I guess but I did not do that.
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by $Rich$:

heres a pic on my car years ago, i dont remember who i sold them to, but i tink they went to OK or TX, 5ish years back[

May be, they were on it when I bought the car. They are coming off. It will have 10" wide rims in back when done. They look good I hope they will fit my Chopped Ranger I will use them on it.

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 06-24-2011).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by ghost187x:

more info on the headlights? can you show us what you have planned for them? thanks and awesome work!

They are Celica aftermarket lights. Very nice and look great. The front of the car will change its appearance as I go. To be honest I have no clue. I do not make drawings or think about it too much I just go with what I have that day and make it work.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are Celica aftermarket lights. Very nice and look great. The front of the car will change its appearance as I go. To be honest I have no clue. I do not make drawings or think about it too much I just go with what I have that day and make it work.

That seems to be the way I work too, it just doesn't come out as nice lol
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probally not them...This car came from Cali with the wheels...Unsure where the PO got them from....
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always one of my favorite cars!!!!

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 1997 BMW 328 85 300ZX

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, if you didn't move the windshield forward something else had to move in order to retain the original t-tops. Looking at your pictures I think I figured out what you did. It appears you have changed the angle of the front edge of the b-pillar, angling it more towards the rear, with the top corner further towards the back.

If this is how you did it I'm thinking you're going to need different side glass than what you have previously used as the angles will not be correct on the rear edge of the window. Maybe this is where the mystery factory side glass window you have alluded to in this and other chop threads you were looking to try out in a chop come in.

I'm also curious as to just how much of a chop this car is. Is it the common 3 inch variety, or is it something else?
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
It would have done no good....That car was doomed from the first cut to the last "GORILLA" weld that was put on it....I saw the car when it first made it up this way and the way it looked at that point it was a parts car....I give Will a thumbs up for trying but not pretty.......

If you look at the welds on the car I did, only 1/2 of them were finished welds. The other "GORILLA" welds were to just hold the top in place to prevent warping so I could move it from my shop in Louisiana, back to Texas. Those were to be cut out, the top aligned, and frame rewelded once I got set back up.

I did not abandon the project because I could not finish it, I sold it to JScott because I was having Archie chop a cherry Formula for me and I figured I would have a pimp Chop-Top much quicker that way. Guess it didn't work out but hey, bad things happen to good people huh?

I just started with a substandard T-Top car with bad seals and bad interior. Trying to source the interior pieces and the seals were going to cost more than I paid for the car to begin with. I sold it because of that, not because I could not fab it.

Mike's car will definately be a show stopper though, everything he touches is greatness - I can't wait to see it.

--Will
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will did you get your car back from Lloyde?.

[This message has been edited by Boogaloo (edited 06-24-2011).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Will did you get your car back from Lloyde?.

No, I am having to take him to court because it is always "another 3 months" and he will have my car done. I have a lawyer, he has a lawyer, we will let a judge decide - although I am pretty sure I know what the outcome will be.

--Will
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock