Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  2008 Custom2M4 Build - We Continue! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
2008 Custom2M4 Build - We Continue! by Custom2M4
Started on: 02-27-2008 04:32 PM
Replies: 172 (14643 views)
Last post by: RCR on 04-22-2017 04:00 PM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres a better update. I've been working on my house lots as of late due to the baby on route in 3 weeks. So I haven't had any real time to update this. But for anyone still following, and curious about my 5x114.3 swap.. Heres some finishing updates.

My homemade stud install jig.

My custom rear hubs. Costed close to 600 dollars by the time I was said and done for this set. With a brand new machined hub flange welded to the factory splined hub, balanced and cleaned up. Then rebuilt / packed with the factory bearings.

And the completed fronts. Costed me about 100 dollars for the pair. With a new flange made, welded, drilled, cleaned up and studded (extended studs).

I hope to have more next weekend to post up. Enjoy.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for an update, but i am guessing the baby has probably derailed your progress for the time being ?

I know cause my wife and i just had a baby in April and your free time is virtually zero for the first few months.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Surprisingly not tony. I've been working hard to get my house ready for the winter (roof and such), as well as putting alot of time into my firebird as of late. I guess I owe you guys an update on the fiero . I'll do so soon.

Cheers,
Chase.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update!

Heres the hot side, I think I'm still going to change out the wastegate pipes for larger, but they are okay for now. I also have a couple more support hangers to build in order to hold all this together.

Heres how I did the cold side splitter;

Cleaned up the spare N*

Just finishing up on the motor for my 71' Firebird, 400ci pontiac 448hp, 460ft.lbs

I also just did a mass fierostore / rodney dickman order so hopefully by next weekend everything arrives!

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 01-13-2013).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Packages Arrived!

Another awesome transaction with rodney dickman and the fierostore.com.

All new brake lines
SS brake hoses
All new ebrake cables, and hardware / adjusters
Aluminum Slave Cyl
New slave clutch line
One man bleeder kit
and a 1" upgrade front sway bar.

Sweeet
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing some sanding / blocking lately.. Lots of blocking..

Here is the finished picture of all the turbo plumbing.. Including the air filters.

I just made an order for a blue 3" 90' for the intake, as well as the flanges and parts for the turbo oil lines. She should be all buttoned up mechanically really soon.

I just found out that the drop spindles in the front are shot ( stripped threads ) , so I'm on the hunt for some stock replacements. If anyone is interested in buying the drop spindles off me for cheap let me know.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, been a while since I've updated. I just recently moved, and didn't have the internet for the last couple months. So here's the newest, pictures and all.

-I painted the roof black,
-painted almost all of the lowers blue, the hood,
-black valance in the front,
-worked on the interior a little more.
-Not much on the engine, other than totally finish the cold side,
-Re-installed the stock front spindles, painted and refinished the front end,
-Installed my 11.25 brakes in the front (still have to install the brake lines),
- Installed new ball joints and tie rods where applicable.
-Removed and got ready for new upgraded sway bar and links. (didn't want overspray)
-The wife is pregnant, having another baby, still not selling the cars.
-And then ran out of paint and didn't have enough to finish the rear bumper valance. Oops.

Pictures to follow in a few minutes, my computer is just slow uploading them.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Let me know what you think of the black two tone. I still want to do a black insert in the widebody on the doors when that gets completed.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 11-10-2013).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Self explanatory. Another color difference shot on the old paint vs new and how I cut the black into the blue.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a brand new F23 to toss at the car! Cradles dropped again, getting ready for the new drivetrain. Hopefully it lasts behind this setup for a few weeks anyways! Pictures to come when it gets here.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided to take it easy on my Getrag 272, and I built these turbo deletes this weekend. It will allow me to drive the car N/A for a while, so I don't nuke my transmission right away. Later in the summer I'll put the turbos back on, and have some fun. See how much abuse that 272 can actually handle.

Heres an update. Just started back up on the car this year, started her up, going to change all the fluids (brakes to DOT4), coolant, gas, oil, trans oil. I just finished changing the coolant pipe from my rigged up feature (copper pipe and hoses) to a stainless flex line (the one pipe is 6' long so I have to use two kits). I'm also going to start building up my trans (F23), I bought a crate trans as I said above, and I have another one I'll be picking up in the next couple days for a bellhousing. It'll be taken apart and cryo treated and the new bellhousing installed. I won't be actually swapping it over until fall (id like to drive the car as is for the summer).

I'm also looking at sending out one of my motors to northstar performance which is only an hour and a half from my door, and having it built up a little and studded. That way I can swap it in at the same time as the trans swap in the fall.

I'm also looking at a Lokar throttle cable to replace my slightly short one (annoying), and also getting my ebrake handle moved and operational.

So thats what my year for the fiero has in store! Once I get my new engine and trans installed, I'll be taking it to a dyno tuning shop to get a good base tune for the turbos, and im curious as to how she will do! I'll see about posting a video of the car running, as these super 10 flowmaster mufflers sound outrageous on this car! Please feel free to comment!

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 03-28-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still Alive!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Still Alive!

(no, I'm not stalking - hmm?? isn't that what a stalker would say? )

Bob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock