Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Building a sport luxury interior + other mods (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Building a sport luxury interior + other mods by Chris_86GT
Started on: 04-01-2009 11:03 AM
Replies: 259 (51954 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 08-25-2016 12:43 AM
Chris_86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a before pic, notice the glass at the edges this is done so I can have sharp edges.

And.... after some cutting to the Audi vents

[This message has been edited by Chris_86GT (edited 09-02-2014).]

IP: Logged
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AMAZING! Keep up the great work! And post more pics pics pics!
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me likey. I wish I had some experience in fiberglassing, or knew someone who does that would be willing to teach. Regardless, it appears to be coming along rather well.
I think I just might have to go for that Firebird cluster.
Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work, love the dash. Any updates?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash instaled.

Now I am making the air vent channels, it takes time because the space is limited and I am making them bit by bit for best fitment and air flow.

[This message has been edited by Chris_86GT (edited 09-08-2014).]

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is how I made the air channels…

[This message has been edited by Chris_86GT (edited 09-08-2014).]

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris_86GT

305 posts
Member since Apr 2008
I finally made a pocket for the speedometer board.

I use the screws from a PC PSU fan. Broke the plastic that they bolt in and glassed it to the pocket.

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some test fitting of the monitor and decided the height I wanted.
This is what I see from the drivers side. I will trim a little maybe 3-4mm from the bottom so I can have better visibility of the monitor.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_86GT:

Did some test fitting of the monitor and decided the height I wanted.
This is what I see from the drivers side. I will trim a little maybe 3-4mm from the bottom so I can have better visibility of the monitor.

That is gonna look sweet! Is the screen functional yet (go up and down)? I thought that you weren't going to have the linear actuators in til March? If it is operational, any chance we could get a video of it in action?

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 10-28-2010).]

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

That is gonna look sweet! Is the screen functional yet (go up and down)? I thought that you weren't going to have the linear actuators in til March? If it is operational, any chance we could get a video of it in action?

Linear actuators is the easy way to do it, but since I have an idea that it seems it will work fine and it will cost almost nothing I will try this first. Maybe this weekend I will find time to work on it, when it is done I will post a video and details how I did it.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a video showing how the mechanism works. I have done more and I will post new video in car when ready.
The only thing that’s holds me back is the door, it isn’t steady (if you see at the pics above it also lifts at the back) and it takes time to figure out how it will work proper.

PFF
System Bot
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have figure out how the door will open, so here is a first video showing it in action…
I have done only one side of the door, when it finish it will work more freely and faster since my plan is to use a ball bearing screw (see pic below).

----Edit spelling----

[This message has been edited by Chris_86GT (edited 09-05-2014).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Sofa king! I like very much your work on the formula, keep fieroing.

And an update, tested the carpc this weekend. Sprayed some flat black to see how it looks. My guinea pig a Pentium2 was on the test and it was flawless, even cranking the engine with the pc on it didn’t affect it. It will be replaced with an ASUS-AT5IONT-I this week.

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're very welcome!

The dash is really coming along. You have talent my friend! The toughest part, with any project, is all the sanding and finalizing... but I have faith! The dash looks fantastic!

Do you have plans for the door panels?

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 11-22-2010).]

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

You're very welcome!

The dash is really coming along. You have talent my friend! The toughest part, with any project, is all the sanding and finalizing... but I have faith! The dash looks fantastic!

Do you have plans for the door panels?

Yes finalizing is almost 60% of a project, but the small details make the difference. Yesterday I repositioned the screen so I can have a better angle of the screen. Now its better, the black is darker and the “glare” is almost gone. I will have to rework the front air channel, but no pain no gain.

I will work with the door panels when I will finish the dash. My plan is to stay close to the Aston Martin Rapide.
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing this build finished.

Question: What gauge cluster are you using? Did you fabricate a wiring harness?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sofa King:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this build finished.

Question: What gauge cluster are you using? Did you fabricate a wiring harness?

The cluster is from a 93-96 Firebird, it doesn’t have the digital odometer but the fuel gauge works correct with this. If you choose 97-98 you will have to replace the gauge in order to work proper. I fabricate a wiring harness following the instruction from this thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000119-15.html

It isn’t the best looking but works fine.

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finised whith the drivers side, now it needs to be upholster with leather.

And the CarPc controls, for plug and play I used a network connector.

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very impressive work! You got alot of talent and skill!
PFF
System Bot
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Graig!

And some updates...
A cousin of mine is making me a frontend for the CarPc. It is still in the beginning but I think I will keep this for the main screen.

Chanced the ball joints and played with stiffer sprigs from a Mercedes 190. Big difference from the soft stock springs.

Also I am close to finish the new mechanism for the glove compartment. I am very happy with the outcome; pics will follow shortly, stay tuned!!

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My two year anniversary pic

And the new mechanism for the glove compartment. It isn't finished yet, but very close...

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_86GT:

My two year anniversary pic
*amazing interior pictures*

Looks excellent! What's the plan for interior color scheme?
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you going to replace the ac/hvac controller or keep the stock one?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plan for the interior color scheme is a two tone, Black and Cream.
Dash will be all Black and the rest Cream. The same to the doors, on top Black and the rest Cream.

For the HVAC I am very tempted to use this, but I don't know the price yet, I should PM troyboy...

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Pm sent

Thank you!
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again glassed the edges.

Backside gluing the last section.

Finish.
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any update?
dw9301998

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dw9301998Send a Private Message to dw9301998Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
u did a great job!
PFF
System Bot
Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice so far...keep posting those pics

------------------
Gary W. Patterson
Raven88

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a month, I finally find some time to work again with the interior.
I had some 'waves' to the surface of the foam so I decided to do it again. As you can see it wasn't easy to remove the foam.

Do it in two section this time, first the piece under the steering column; again using polyester resin.

After removing all the air bubbles I put some weights to keep it down and to spread evenly the load.

Gluing the leather.

Finished.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This looks absolutely gorgeous. I think you're the first one who set out to do an Aston Martin inspired interior, and will actually succeed.

Keep us posted with pictures.
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the interior?
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a lot of respect for you and the work you have done so far!!

bump
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry no updates so far...
I had other things to attend, I hope to be back in 1-2 weeks
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I work on the final corrections to the air channels and I am close to finish them.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock