Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71543 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Just started playing around with movie maker, and threw this together real quick. Nothing major, but enjoy anyway !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQtj8Z3sbc

I like it. nice job I can't wait to see what's next!

IP: Logged
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Please forgive me for being ill-informed, but who's car is this?

Looks a lot like FierociousGT's but not quite... Unless he's changed his since the build thread I read...
Can anyone help me out? I really need some info on this rear hatch. Thanks!

Thanks whodeanie, I found the thread on it. 'Preciate the tip!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Well the car be home before Christmas?

It's 12-days before Christmas.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there. You all don't know me. Yet. Huge fan of the chops. One day... What I am posting here for is this. I just witnessed the sweetest set of Lambo doors that I had ever seen! I have seen his work, and love the quality. I have also seen some Lambo doors that just suck wind.
1. Are these being produced by Archie?
2. If so, pricing and availibility.
3. Will they come with all hardware?
4. I need these!
All of you that have lost your minds with the designs...AWESOME!!! You do not need medication. It would only hamper the creative process.

------------------
Tony K

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

1. Are these being produced by Archie?
2. If so, pricing and availibility.
3. Will they come with all hardware?
4. I need these!

Look here; https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094708.html
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2008 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way cool! Thank you Madcurl. Although it is true that I am a wizard when it comes to cars and tools, I am not so good at my finances. I have Amy here for that. She says that it will have to wait until after the holidays. I am new to the forum, but an avid reader for years now. I am going to keep track of any postings to the possibility of having Archie do another run of this product. Really impressive though. Don't throw out those jigs just yet. Best doors i have seen to date. And I believe a fair price, considering the work involved. Just a side note, Madcurl, your rides is just ridiculous. Ridiculously cool. Great execution. Hope to see her in person one day. Enjoy your posts. Thank you for your committment to our little cars. Maybe if I sell this soon...

------------------
Tony K

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Small fixings.

#4 gets it's water pump replaced !

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Thanks whodeanie, I found the thread on it. 'Preciate the tip!

Cool photo I just noticed that is me in the middle on that photo. DL10 on the left and MRBLUE on the right.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shaking things down.

Talked with Archie and it seems there was some oil in the plugs and they had to clean the rear ones to get the car to fire up. He recommends i definatly do the front ones as well, but warns they are a PIA hehehe.

The car has not been run very much at all for the past few years, even when it was owned by Choptop (previous owner).

The brakes also seemed a bit soft or sketchy (would that be rust ?).

Archie really doesn't deal with stock engines, so what type of checklist should i go down to shake it down whenever i get it home ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-22-2009).]

ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that Steve worked on the brakes some after I put them back together when the car was still here in Lansing and I don't know what has been done since then but they were in need of a total rebuilding back then. I would look at maybe replacing everything from the master on out. All the lines and hoses looked bad. If I remember right I had a real hard time getting the right rear caliper back on.

As I said I have no idea what has been done but if it was me I wouldn't take any chances.

By the way - it's great to see her getting back on the road again. I'd love to see her and maybe get my hands dirty working on her again. But alas just a few to many miles between us.

Rick Kaiser
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Rick,

Thanks for all the help and the info !

So you did not see them after Steve worked on them ? I think he replaced the calipers if i remember correctly (with some used, but good ones), but i don't think he did any work with the brake lines or hoses.
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Rick,

Thanks for all the help and the info !

So you did not see them after Steve worked on them ? I think he replaced the calipers if i remember correctly (with some used, but good ones), but i don't think he did any work with the brake lines or hoses.

I thought he was only going to put on a set of old calipers and pads that he had around. You should ask him for sure but I think he only did the fronts as they were locked up solid when we first picked up the car. I worked on the backs but I reused what was on the car. Like I said before I remember having to pry the pads apart on the right side just to get them back on the rotor. Also I reused the old brass gaskets and had a problem with them leaking when we bleed them. I wasn't worried at the time as we were only thinking about making sure she was able to be transported down to Archie.

Hope this helps.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie really doesn't deal with stock engines, so what type of checklist should i go down to shake it down whenever i get it home ?

Easy fix...have Archie drop in an LSx before picking it up!

Good to see #4 is still alive.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Easy fix...have Archie drop in an LSx before picking it up!

Good to see #4 is still alive.

Too late for that, ...it has already been picked up !

It arrived home this morning !

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That must have been one heck of a towing charge.

Glad to see #4 made it home safely.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow! That must have been one heck of a towing charge.

Glad to see #4 made it home safely.

Hehehe actually that wasn't the truck that delivered the car, he was just transporting it back to their main depot. The car arrived via a 72 foot double decker transport truck that had about 4 other cars on it. Mine was up high on top.

The illinios based hauler, AM/PM carriers ,makes a run down to florida virtually every week,..they were extreeeeemly reasonable price wise and very professional.
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse on page 1 of this thread 2 years ago:

The Adventure has begun.

Well since the car is seeing "home" for the first time in the last two years, I think that the "adventure begins now" Glad to hear it is at home, and very anxious to see the direction you take it in from this point on.

Posted yesterday

Good luck, it is a great looking car!

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 01-23-2009).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Posted yesterday

Good luck, it is a great looking car!

This is NOT a picture of the car in it's new home, unless Orlando is under some freakish deep freeze that I don't know about.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some official welcome home pictures !

Taken shortly after the dropoff.

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great - so what is the next step in the transformation?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now i am saving up for the widebody kit,..in the meantime i am going to do my best to get everything mechanically solid and refreshed and or replaced.

I also plan to work on some custom hood and decklid ideas while i am saving for the widebody.

I have the 5 " wing stands and a spare wing, so i will probably do the wing tip extensions like curly has on #11 aka the silver choptop, and switch them out from time to time to see if i like it.

Right now i am kind of liking the stock wing's low profile look.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-25-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad #004 finally made it home. How long before the MadArch kit?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-25-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm glad #004 finally made it home. How long before the MadArch kit?

Hopefully by this summer,....i have something else special i am also saving for,.... involving a certain young lady.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-25-2009).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...i have something else special i am also saving for,.... involving a certain young lady.

This is going to put a crimp in your Fiero plans...

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right now i am kind of liking the stock wing's low profile look.

Ugh... Steelers! =P That car is sweet though.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice to see the car home!
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!! Tony has a Fiero in state and drivable!! I'm gonna feint! Bout time you have one. Looks good. Now I guess it is time for me to get another one!

------------------

Found a Red 84 4speed, Waiting to get a house so I can re-home it
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alright Tony
Looking good! Now about that spoiler.... how about making a set of wing stands that moves the wing way back? I bet THAT would look even better!

Oh and what color??? I hear dark met. Gray is cool

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

alright Tony
Looking good! Now about that spoiler.... how about making a set of wing stands that moves the wing way back? I bet THAT would look even better!

Oh and what color??? I hear dark met. Gray is cool

Yes i probably plan to move the wing back anyways.

Color ? Grey is nice, but black has always been my favoirtie car color, so i decided to make a change and i fell in love with this
color when a fellow CFF member brought his car to one of our meetings.

The color is Torch Red. The car and the color looks totally amazing tearing down the road.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hits just keep coming. Love the car, and the thread. Good luck to you, and your lady.

------------------

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully by this summer,....i have something else special i am also saving for,.... involving a certain young lady.

Tony,
Congrats when the time comes... Is there any chance you will be taking the car up to the Dells show?
Leroy

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 01-26-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Tony,
Congrats when the time comes... Is there any chance you will be taking the car up to the Dells show?
Leroy

I am considering going to the Dells, but it would be minus the car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Time has been at a premium since #4 arrived back in Florida.

Finally got some time to devote to the car this past weekend. Blacktree and myself spent most of Sunday, going over the car diagnosing potential problems.

Our first big task was trying to solve the mushy/soft brakes. Bleeding the brakes helped a little, but not nearly enough.
Checked out the e-brake, because if it is misadjusted it can throw things off.

Turns out the driver side line was rusted/broken and not connected, while the passenger side was intact, but not connected either. We played around with the caliper arm associated with the e-brake, but that did nothing either. Stumped.

I had planned to upgrade to vette brakes, but that now may happen sooner than later, rather then spend the bucks on stock replacements.

Headlights were next as my passenger side was not coming up. played around with it and finally got both to work, but very incosistent, seems a rebuild is in order.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-12-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Chasing the dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQtj8Z3sbc
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had planned to upgrade to vette brakes, but that now may happen sooner than later, rather then spend the bucks on stock replacements.

That makes perfect sense, especially since your sporting after market rims.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well....? D9?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Headlights were next as my passenger side was not coming up. played around with it and finally got both to work, but very incosistent, seems a rebuild is in order.

If you have the gen 1 motors, might as well bite the bullet and upgrade to Gen 2. Nearly everyone, (except BuddyCraigg) agrees the gen 2 are vastly superior.

I suggest you nominate this thread for the construction forum.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have the gen 1 motors, might as well bite the bullet and upgrade to Gen 2. Nearly everyone, (except BuddyCraigg) agrees the gen 2 are vastly superior.

I suggest you nominate this thread for the construction forum.

We actually got the headlight motors working for now,..i still think they need replaced (slow), but it may take a back seat to more pressing needs.

BTW ,...how do you get your thread nominated to the Construction zone ??
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We actually got the headlight motors working for now,..i still think they need replaced (slow), but it may take a back seat to more pressing needs.

Like we have discussed many times before, Check your Grounds to ensure they are working right. I had slow headlights on the 87 before i did the 4.9 swap. during the swap i added like 4 grounds and they worked awesome after that!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
D9?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock