Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71543 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. Dean is doing an amazing job.

IP: Logged
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hips added to the wide body looks rrreeaallly good. Very nice, might have to rob the RX8 mirror mod looks great on the pics I have seen would you be terribly offended if it they were on one more car. I was in Orlando last month damn you guys have good weather 85 and sunny for 7 days I was there woke to 25 today
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Thanks. Dean is doing an amazing job.

Dude, we need more pics. This pic is older than the previous ones for the nose arrow isn't glassed in. Take some side, rear, and close pics of the area.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,

I do believe that the nose in that pic is our fiberglass nose. The other pic I believe is just a stock bumper and they decided to buy a fiberglass one instead so they can mod it easier.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at this time we are working the hips and the doors. it takes time to get things right.
I will be posting up more pics very soon. from the back the car looks fantastic. low, wide and nasty .
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Curly,

I do believe that the nose in that pic is our fiberglass nose. The other pic I believe is just a stock bumper and they decided to buy a fiberglass one instead so they can mod it easier.

You know I like viewing the details and in the other pic it appears that it was your nose that was glassed in near the arrow point, but I could be wrong.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

at this time we are working the hips and the doors. it takes time to get things right.
I will be posting up more pics very soon. from the back the car looks fantastic. low, wide and nasty .
D.

If possible (with Tony's permission) can you please bolt-on your 19/20 on one side...please. There's no need to view a wide rear with baby wheels on the back, right? This thread is like viewing Leroy's #013 w/o wheels. Even Leroy couldn't stand looking at his chopper with baby wheels. This thread is somewhat different than what I normally do things. I get the wheels first and then work my way back. IMHO wheels are the main objective when setting the "tone" for building a car, followed by the engine, and then body kit.

Forgive me for being blunt, but we're just adding the MadArch kit here, certainly nothing ground breaking in that process. I'm digging the hip movement and all-and that's really cool and would love to see close-ups and angles of the modifications, but other than-that lets see some mirror action. I understand the need to keep what's "secret" under wraps-and that's cool.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In this case it was more of an opportunity than normal planning.

The car was already there for the engine swap, and no other mods were planned at the moment, but the opening arose to add the body kit immediately so the opportunity was seized.
Waiting around for wheels WAS NOT an option, especially the wheels that i want.

Sure i could get a run of the mill set of wheels that everybody gets (about $3 to 4 hundred each) and call it a day, but we both know that is not the goal.

Getting wheels first is defiantly the right way to go, but it is not always an available option, and in this case not gonna happen.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In this case it was more of an opportunity than normal planning.

The car was already there for the engine swap, and no other mods were planned at the moment, but the opening arose to add the body kit immediately so the opportunity was seized.
Waiting around for wheels WAS NOT an option, especially the wheels that i want.

Sure i could get a run of the mill set of wheels that everybody gets (about $3 to 4 hundred each) and call it a day, but we both know that is not the goal.

Getting wheels first is defiantly the right way to go, but it is not always an available option, and in this case not gonna happen.

Good deal looks good and you know the car is in good hands. Dean puts out some nice cars. Looking at the RX8 mirrors and wondering are they extra wide or just a good fit for the chop?
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking at one of Archie's wide body kits and was wondering what type of wheels people are using? What width and tire diameter?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroNate:

I'm looking at one of Archie's wide body kits and was wondering what type of wheels people are using? What width and tire diameter?

Pm sent.
PFF
System Bot
Jonathanspurplerain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonathanspurplerainSend a Private Message to JonathanspurplerainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony what a project. I had know idea you had fallen in love..............car. Hay I'm a car guy. Ok I'll give it up for your lovely lady. Congrads to both of you and the best in the world. I'll be watching to see the next pictures and the rest of the story. Jon Watts

[This message has been edited by Jonathanspurplerain (edited 11-16-2011).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony. Any updates on the chopper??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Been busy relocating to the other side of town into a new home, so i don't know.

I need to check with Dean. My internet is still not hooked up so i am really out of the loop.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a girl !!

My wife and i found out the sex of our first child yesterday.

Can't stop smiling.

Josie will be here in 4 months !!

Meanwhile as far as #4...Dean is expecting to continue the body work this week. Still pondering a few decklid and rear bumper mods.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-08-2012).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats man
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Congrats man

X2
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
X3 . Great news Tony!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!!

Nolan
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Tony
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats bro
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
11-12-2011 08:05 AM
D.

pictures ?
It has been almost a month D. stated he will post pictures "soon".....

Congratulations about the baby

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 12-09-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

pictures ?
It has been almost a month D. stated he will post pictures "soon".....

Congratulations about the baby

Thanks Lamb.

Your car is coming along very nicely itself ! Can't wait till we can bring them both to the meetings !

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Tony
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Tony,
However......since you're having a girl, you better make LOTS of cash....daddy's seem to spend themselves broke on their girls...I KNOW!!!
congrats to both of you...
oh yea, the car is looking great too!!
al
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a girl !!

My wife and i found out the sex of our first child yesterday.

Can't stop smiling.

Josie will be here in 4 months !!

Meanwhile as far as #4...Dean is expecting to continue the body work this week. Still pondering a few decklid and rear bumper mods.

Congratulations! You better go ahead and spend as much money on #4 as possible in the next 4 months. Once your daughter gets here, your life has changed forever!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked to Dean yesterday.

His shop is turning into a 3800SC haven with 8 to 9 engine swaps in various stages of completion at this point.

What that being said #4 and a couple of other bodywork projects are currently getting love on the weekends when Dean has time. All is on schedule for Daytona.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked to Dean yesterday.

What that being said #4 and a couple of other bodywork projects are currently getting love on the weekends when Dean has time. All is on schedule for Daytona.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been looking at several sets of Daytime running lights, and thanks to Car-lo i found some really inexpensive, good looking ones. Reviews say brighter than OEM.

Thanks John !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-01-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cherries on top.

Not yet, but soon. 19/20 combo with fat lips.

Dean taking measurements to get the perfect fit to order.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-01-2012).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice wheels.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The cherries on top.

Not yet, but soon. 19/20 combo with fat lips. Dean taking measurements to get the perfect fit to order.

You better get on it for you have less than three months before the party is officially over. From what I heard on the Lambo forum it will take IForged about 6-8 weeks to build. Make sure you get the measurements right or it'll be much longer.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Deliveryman dropped off a nice present today !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony. You have a serious Pm.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Deliveryman dropped off a nice present today !

Why two sets of lights, is one set a spare ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Why two sets of lights, is one set a spare ?

Good eye,..hehehe. yes the second set is a backup.

In fact they were such an amazing price i was thinking about getting one more, just in case or for a future project.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the dimensions of those lights? Wondering if it'll fit the Fi512 nose.

Wait, are those 3-wire turn signals? Must have turn signals.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-14-2012).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to look at were you got those and see if they have side marker lights also.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock