Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71540 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet! Page Pwned.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 02-14-2006).]

IP: Logged
ChopTop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, haven't forgotten about the door trim, its been pretty cold here lately and I'll start looking again when it warms up a little.

[This message has been edited by ChopTop (edited 02-14-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much too report right now, still assembling parts for the fastback conversion.

I have come to a decision about the color ! A fellow CFF club members award winning car
(below) helped me decide my choice in very short order.

Torch Red it is !!

Pictures cannot possibly do the paint job justice. It is really a jaw dropping shade !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-27-2006).]

fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse, what are those wheels from? i am on the hunt for bigger but kinda stock looking wheels for my Formula?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fullcircle:

exoticse, what are those wheels from? i am on the hunt for bigger but kinda stock looking wheels for my Formula?

Chevrolet Berreta. I think its been said in this thread already :P.

fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Sorry, I don't have any GT parts left anymore. All you have here are the rear clip & the inner window panels.

At a minumum, you don't have the following parts:
Decklid with latch
the 2 little plastic clips that attach the trailing edge of the inner window panels to the rear clip
Engine covers
engine cover mounting brackets
Moldings (found)
Side markers (found)
tail lights (found)
tail light screws
GT Trunk area end covers
Trunk seal
Wheel well liners (fouind)
Fasteners for all the above.
& more

It takes a lot of looking to get all that stuff from different places. It's a lot more than a rear clip & a decklid.

Archie

Archie or anyone, do you have a picture of the little white clips that attach the trailing edge of the inner window panels to the rear clip. I have a box of spare parts that came with my other GT and several white clips are included, so i need to know if i have it already if possible.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture of them?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It won't be a targa top (just regular top with sunroof) but this is close to what i have in mind.

Thanks Custom2M4 for the photochop and Morkidan for the use of your car !

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

It won't be a targa top (just regular top with sunroof) but this is close to what i have in mind.

Ouch! That is wicked beautiful. I need a targa choptop!

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for the complement, sometimes I forget to sign the picture. Its nice to know people still see who made the chop. Whens your car getting painted? and what color? Maybe I can play around.. hehe

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The color will be torch red, very close to this if not the exact same color.

Here is the updated version custom2m4 did, that now includes the hardtop, and the closed mouth chin spoiler.

Going to be awhile before paint, still trying to get the fastback conversion done, and fix the brakes. Fronts were locked up from sitting.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love car shows !

They always give you so many good ideas. Daytona 2006 helped me clear up a few things i had not figured out yet.

First off widebody ? I love madcurl's #15 widebody, but was not 100 % sure if that was the look i wanted, but after seeing another widebody at this year's show,..a choptop widebody is definatly the way to go !

Another question i had was would a wing look good on the widebody ? uhhhhh can you say yes !

Chin spoilers ? I love the closed mouth look, but hear nothing but horror stories about damage from kissing the earth. Guess what ? I don't care,.. i will make it work, looks too damn good !

I am tinkering with some ideas to make them better and more durable.

About the only question i left with still undecided was the powerplant. Darned there were just sooooo many choices it was a bit overwhelming. I still have a ton of time to decide on that, but that choice may be the most difficult.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-26-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ooooooookay about time for an update huh ? Well first off i have to give a big thanks to FieroMojo (Steve) for all his efforts in helping me get this project underway.

There are numerous Michigan Fiero members who have also helped out and i thank them as well.

Steve has been totally invaluable to me as my car is in Michigan and i am in Florida. Steve if i haven't said it enough, thanks.

FieroMojo has been really busy in his personal life and other projects so i have absolutely no problem with my project taking second, third, or even 4th fiddle.

With things slowing down a bit he was able to help once again.

Now on to the project. After getting the car back together, the next step confronting the project was the brakes. It was discovered that 3 of the 4 calipers were locked up, needing replacements.

Replacements are currently in route to Michigan. That should get the project back on track and headed to Archie's for the fastback
conversion and modification.

In the meantime i have just been picking up and assembling parts for the project.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Part of my exotic adventure took me to Spring Hill, Florida (just over an hour northwest of Orlando) where i met up with PFF member Carolina Joe.

A very, very cool guy. Joe it was great to finally meet you. Joe and i had arranged to do a little business.

The items in question ? A V-8 Archie dash kit. This thing ususally retails at about $800 from Archie, but we were able to work out a mindblowing deal that still has me smiling hehehe.

The previous owner had covered the dash in silver and black tweed. Still debating whether or not to put this in my choptop or my other 86 GT project. Hmmmmm.

This is the same dash that you saw in FieroGTwideboby's car, except he did a few extra modifications to personalize it to his tastes.

I like it because it reminds me a bit of the lamborghini Diablo dash.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-27-2006).]

shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hold the phone right there......joe and exotic....what is that silver car in joe's garage? that wasn't there when i was there??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

hold the phone right there......joe and exotic....what is that silver car in joe's garage? that wasn't there when i was there??

Silver car ?? Oh you mean this ? hehehe

Oh just a little something Joe picked up and is working on. This car had a new paint job, the Norm's flip up front, the turbo windows, and the V-8 Archie dash. He literally almost stole this car for the price he got it for.

Before anybody asks, nope i am not telling hehehe. You better ask him.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2006 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The project getting off the ground,....literally.

(Brake calipers arriving via PFF member Brian Lambert,..thanks Brian.)

FieroMojo targeting next weekend to finish things up on the brakes.
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see a chopped notchie with fastback tails. if you use the ferrari tails it would be a lot like a 355 since they dont have the flying butt rest. there was someone on here that had a widebody concept that was much like a F40 it had the choppier sides with the fenders out away from the door panels. i like that look over just flairing the fender lips and quarters.

------------------
85 GT, bright blue met. fastback, chrome 16"s, 3800 swap, (soon to be SBC)
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
73 VW Karmann Ghia convertible (sold to finish SBC swap)

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much do you want for your working rear calipers? if the bleeder valve is not stuck. email mattmeyer98@yahoo.com
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

I would love to see a chopped notchie with fastback tails.

The Purple Pavement Eater is like that.
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey exoticse, what are you going to do with that notchback clip after the fastback clip has been added? That piece may come in handy when I start my homemade choptop.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

I would love to see a chopped notchie with fastback tails. if you use the ferrari tails it would be a lot like a 355 since they dont have the flying butt rest. there was someone on here that had a widebody concept that was much like a F40 it had the choppier sides with the fenders out away from the door panels. i like that look over just flairing the fender lips and quarters.

i have that panel and started doing some preliminary cuts to try it on my notch chopper a while back, but i also have an f40 style wing and the front hood vent kind of has that f40 look too. it really is starting to accidentally look like a bad f40 copy so i've mentally backed away from the lights (actually the whole project for a while. i'm not sure what might make it to the final shape if i start again).

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dmancheno

281 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I like Joe's silver Fiero hood scoop (Norm's front end). I wonder if that part can be adapted to the Fiero's stock hood.

Venturi 600LM

slow link...

Tony have you considered swaping the stock mirrors and adding Chevy SSR/C6 or Hyundai Tiburon '03+ ones?

[This message has been edited by dmancheno (edited 05-30-2006).]

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ex, I found the door side mouldings this past weekend, sent you a PM.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

At a minumum, you don't have the following parts:
Decklid with latch (got it !)
the 2 little plastic clips that attach the trailing edge of the inner window panels to the rear clip
Engine covers (Got them !!)
engine cover mounting brackets (Got them !!)
Moldings (Got them !!)
Side markers (Got them !!)
tail lights (Got them !!)
tail light screws
GT Trunk area end covers
Trunk seal
Wheel well liners (Got them !!)
Fasteners for all the above. (Got them !!)
& more

It takes a lot of looking to get all that stuff from different places. It's a lot more than a rear clip & a decklid.

Archie

" the 2 little plastic clips that attach the trailing edge of the inner window panels to the rear clip"

Archie is this what you are talking about ? The white square in the pictures ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...what in the news???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

FieroMojo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMojoSend a Private Message to FieroMojoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got the chance to commit some serious time on the car, not just a bit here and a bit there as has been the situation. Brakes are done and its almost ready to ship, barring any last minute things. I'll be getting together with Dan on Wednesday to get all the parts here and ready to go.

Had a bad go-round with a former tennant and getting the place cleaned up and new tennants settled in ate up most of May and June. Went from furnished to unfurnished and thats taken a toll on space and time here.

[This message has been edited by FieroMojo (edited 07-03-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve you are the man !!

Been going thru some rough personal matters and this really lifts my spirits. Thanks for all your efforts and patience.

My baby suuuuuuuuuure does look good !

From: Between The ATL and Augusta in a land of deer and cows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007Send a Private Message to 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve you are the man !!

Been going thru some rough personal matters and this really lifts my spirits. Thanks for all your efforts and patience.

My baby suuuuuuuuuure does look good !

Think Happy Fiero thoughts, Think Happy Fiero thoughts, Think Happy Fiero thoughts Manana is usually better. Or was that the day after? Maybe next week? Next Year was it? I can't remember. I just know "they" said it always gets better

Who are "they" anyway?
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car looks very similar to your car. Some time before July 2008 it will be chopped also

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Project is currently on hold.

Personal drama right now is destroying my spirt to do anything.

slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Project is currently on hold.

Personal drama right now is destroying my spirt to do anything.

That's too bad. Hopefully everything will work out soon. I understand all too well how things can get in the way of our car projects.

I finally have time to work on mine, but it is so hot here, I can't work outside too long during the day when I have the time. It's been 100+ here. I heard it was 108 on Sat.

I like working on my car, but that's just too much.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click on the smiley face in FieroMojo's above post to view video of choptop #4 !!

I missed this !

Thanks Steve, looks and sounds great !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-24-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a small update. Personal issues still holding things back but not stopping things entirely.

Been finishing up collecting the remaining nagging pieces needed to do the fastback conversion.

An unmolested GT in a boneyard here in Florida helping to complete that part of the journey over the next few days.

I also have some nice pieces to show off that i picked up earlier from Sage. They are 5" wing stands and are of excellent quality, well worth the price. (sorry for the crappy lighting)

Going for this look.

I will also have Archie do the wing tip extensions just as you see above.
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few have asked why i decided to go fastback.

Sometimes pictures can explain things words can only imagine.

(These are all actual cars some just photochopped.)

Damn stop posting these pics of my old Fiero, you might make me miss it!!!! Ya know after getting those PMs from you I figured you had something in the works dude, and it's nice to see you have a Fiero now you can make to your liking! I do wish you good luck with the project and keep me updated with pics!

------------------
'96 BMW 328is (M3 exhaust/M3 rims/M3 exteriors/UUC SS)
'86 BMW 325E stock
'87GT *show winning* SOLD

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock