Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie check your PM.

Thanks

Tony
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, any additional pics of #004?

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Archie, any additional pics of #004?

lol... you are bored aren't ya
From: Between The ATL and Augusta in a land of deer and cows

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007Send a Private Message to 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So tell me, how does it feel? When do you think you will take that first ride and what do you imagine that moment will be like. When and where do you think we'll all be able to see it?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

lol... you are bored aren't ya

Hehehe then i must be bored too cause i would like to see some more pics myself !
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob worked all week this last week taking #4 from this at 8:30am Monday

To this at 5:00pm Friday.

This is how we got there.....

After putting the 1st layer of glass on the new rear clip, we took it off of the car.....

We prepped it by rough grinding it at all the seams on the inside......

Then glass it from the inside.....

In the mean time He rewelded the area around the rear window & installed the new rear window.

On Thursday the rear clip was installed for the last time & a 2nd layer of glass was put on the outside...

The rest of Thursday & Friday was spent rough sanding the glasswork & trying to find enough aero body panels to finish out the body.

As it is now, the only original body panels that were on the car when we originally chopped it that are still on the car is the roof section & the hood.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is an amazing transformation...why did the rear window need replacing? Has the chop top process changed from the orginal #4 method to the present?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Why did the rear window need replacing? Has the chop top process changed from the orginal #4 method to the present?

#004 had the vented rear window. Not a good idea with a engine in the back.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony, do you expect #004 to be back home in FL before D8? If so, are you driving it to D8?

Oh yeah, any newer pics?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just about there, just working on the interior & filling & sanding on the rear clip bodywork.

Give me a call tomorrow if you can get the time.

Archie

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#004 had the vented rear window. Not a good idea with a engine in the back.

I had forgotten about the vented rear window thing. I should have checked that out when I was there. That is one thing that sounds better than it really is.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's a vented rear window? I'm looking to do a chop top one day and would like to know.
Thanks
Gary
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

What's a vented rear window? I'm looking to do a chop top one day and would like to know.
Thanks
Gary

Back in the days of the old Fiero-list there were a lot of people interested in the rear window aka Del-Sol.

It was explained that you can't have a roll down window in the Fiero because the engine would get in the way.

When I built the GBCT, I made the rear window 3 pcs. with the center section removable. I also did the rear window on #4 & The Stinger and a couple others the same way. I became totally convinced that it was a bad idea when I took the Stinger on the Power Tour. No matter when you took out the rear window, if you had theother windows open or closed, had the A/C on or off......... anytime you took out the rear window you got buttloads of hot air coming into the car.

So I don't do them anymore.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Tony, do you expect #004 to be back home in FL before D8? If so, are you driving it to D8?

Oh yeah, any newer pics?

Or will #025 become the first V8Archie chop top owner in FL?
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Archie, that all makes sense.
Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Just about there, just working on the interior & filling & sanding on the rear clip bodywork.

Give me a call tomorrow if you can get the time.

Archie

Archie, will shoot you a call Friday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yeah, any newer pics?

Not even going to jinx myself by answering that question hehehe.

I think we both have had experiences with that hehehe.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie, will shoot you a call Friday.

Good to hear.

Here's a couple of pics from early today.......

Rob is cutting & fitting the 1/4 windows right now. We need to know if you want the windows installed or if you want to put them in after it's painted. We'll be done with it today.

Please note that besides the unknown TCC problem the engine doesn't have enough coolant in it to consider driving it. Don't know why but when you start it up it flings rusty water around.

Archie
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony, she looks great! Like those wheels... Bad monkey...

Archie - NOW I still think you should sell it to me on a Mechanics Lien. I would be glad to pay you $100 a month for the time you have been storing it. I'm just being bad Tony

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-25-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony
Congraulations, the car looks really good and those wheels make a very nice difference.

As for what Archie said about the car's coolant beeing rusty, the car has sat for a long time, I would
flush the coolant system and add a new thermostat before driving it.

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 01-25-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome !!

Great job Archie. You and your team kick A** !

Tell the guys i said thanks for a job very well done.

Thanks Lincoln (85Lamb), gotta thank Troyboy for the wheels. Thanks again Troy !

Next up a little fun in the florida sun for a few months, then back up to Archie's for some more body work (widebody).

Probably going to throw the closed mouth chin spoiler on like below.

Still deciding whether or not i will install my raised 5" raised wingstands, and move the wing back. If i do that i would have to also do the 2" wing tip extensions like on the silver choptop.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-25-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations.

I have 4 chops in the shop right now that can be measured. (Troy's car is on jack stands right now & can't be measured.

All of our chops are 3"

With an eyeball a level & a tape measure, I measured a few cars here.......

Curley's #20 nothing has been done to this car to lower it yet is 44" tall.
#4 Chopper has obviously been lowered by the previous owner is 41.5" tall
#25 which has also been lowered by the owner is 43" tall
#1 The Great Blue Chop Top was only lowered in the front is 43.5" tall.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any new pics ?
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, congrats on the progress, it looks super. I don't know what happen to the TCC, I'm pretty positive I put that in the front seat of the car (in the original Delco packaging). It's not in my garage, I've looked a few times. Again, great job.
Dan
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

Tony, congrats on the progress, it looks super. I don't know what happen to the TCC, I'm pretty positive I put that in the front seat of the car (in the original Delco packaging). It's not in my garage, I've looked a few times. Again, great job.
Dan

Tony -
You might need to check with Steve. When I was working on prepping the car to go to Archies I took everything out of the interior of the car. I can't remember if there was a TCC in the stuff or not.

Rick
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have the TCC here.

Archie

Dan

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony your car looks great ! Are you planning on doing a V-8 ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dan

Thanks Dan,

That means a lot coming from you.

I know it was tough for you to part with it, but i am glad that you sold it to me and trusted me with it.
I hopefully will do you proud.

My personal life got super sidetracked over the last couple years or it would have been way done by now. We will see how things go from here. Hang on !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-28-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might need some new wheels soon if you want to stick a widebody on there !

Looks good ! But .. does the world need anooother widebody fastback ? hahah jk. keep it up!

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie can you post a few more pics from different angles ? Needing a choptop fix.

Thanks.

Tony

I will call you on friday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie can you post a few more pics from different angles ? Needing a choptop fix.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Now it's official, #25 won't be at D8.

I guess all eyes are now on Tony?

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

All eyes on you Tony....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks.

Tony

I will call you on friday.

Right now the 1/4 windows are taped in because I don't know if you plan to paint the car before you put them in for the last time.

LMK

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-08-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie,

Thanks for the pictures !

Really busy today, did not get a chance to call, we will take care of biz on Monday. Thanks again !!

Tony
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been busy and aint been on for a while. Tony, your car is looking great! Kinda makes me excited to get the VERT going again soon.....very soon !

------------------
Brian Blair

88 COUPE ~ Sold
88 GT 3.4SC ~ for sale spring of 08
88 GT T-TOP ~ Sold
87 GT VERT (build on hold)
99 K-3500 Dually (rebuild in process)
00 Impalla 9C1 ~ Driver
79 21' Checkmate Enchanter (in paint process now!)
The rebirth of my daily-driver
RednecK-3500 build
"VERT" build
"Da Coupe" build

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right now the 1/4 windows are taped in because I don't know if you plan to paint the car before you put them in for the last time.

LMK

Archie

My advice is to take the quarter windows and lock them in a safe until you have painted the car. My second painter ruined my quarter windows and they have to be replaced.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curley, cute monkey! Careful he doesn't get on your popcorn.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock