Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Fiero Argento Signora build thread w/lots 'o' pics (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Argento Signora build thread w/lots 'o' pics by Fieroseverywhere
Started on: 09-03-2007 02:22 PM
Replies: 205 (22786 views)
Last post by: RCR on 03-28-2016 07:00 AM
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to both of you. Its been a long term project but I like how its working out. Body work and paint is about all that is left at this point. For some of you this may be where the fun starts.

On a side note the pyle amp is garbage. It wont produce any output worth hearing and it is causing buzzing/humming throughout all the speakers. Looking for a new compact amp that produces near 100w rms @4 ohms 2 channel. If you have any leads let me know.
IP: Logged
Don Adkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don AdkinsSend a Private Message to Don AdkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great thread!!! A great way to spend a snowy cold Sunday afternoon. Thanks!!!
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Its been a long time since I was on the forum. Almost as long as its been since I touched the fiero. I'm not entirely sure where I left off but I am beginning to get back to it. The car has been sitting with a brand new interior now for months and I've barely even been able to drive it.

I did finally swap out the engine for the other 4.9 I had sitting here. That one also ended up having a bad head gasket. So now the car sits with an entirely stock engine with a bad head gasket and a second engine with a cracked block. I was so frustrated I started searching and eventually bought a new car.

An 03 Audi TT Quattro coupe 225hp with 6speed manual trans. It is my new daily driver but don't let that fool you. The car has a significant amount of work done to it. I bought the car with the following mods... 42 draft designs 3" turboback exhaust, 42 draft designs intake, forge short shift kit + 42dd shifter bushings, H&R SS coilover suspension, OSIR front chin + fenders + rear spoiler, Miro 111 wheels 19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear, and a 30piece aluminum interior trim kit.

Shortly after purchasing the car I took it in for a tune. I went with the united motorsports tune including the launch control and no lift shift. Before making the 7 mile drive home after the tune a major problem was detected. By the time I made it home the engine sounded like a TDI (really not good!). A bit later the problem was discovered to be a bent connecting rod, also discovered were 4 slightly damaged pistons from a previous timing belt failure. The TDI sound ended up being piston 1 hitting the oil squirter at the bottom of the stroke. The good news is there was no damage to the block or cylinders. It was rebuildable!!! Fast forward a few months and the engine is now back together with some intergraded engineering forged and rifle drilled "I" beam rods, Forged JE pistons, and rebuilt head with 20 new valves. I also just installed a new digital boost gauge from ZadaTech.com to keep a better eye on things. Estimated at 275hp but with a lower end build that can "supposedly" handle 800hp. The launch control and NLS work by cutting spark which is a blast when used to scare the crap out of drivers next to you. Launching the car at 4200rpm, at 8psi boost, and AWD kicking in is amazing! The car jumps off the line and then reaches a max of 22psi boost! Yet it is superbly refined in its daily driving duties. Its just not fast enough and I'd rather build the fiero......

I would post pics but haven't gotten pip to work since upgrading (ha!) to windows 10. If anyone can help me out with that I'd be appreciative.

Anyways the point of being back here on the forum and posting is to say that it is now time for the fiero to take on a whole new outlook in its life. It will never need to take on double duty as a daily driver again. I am looking for a new engine entirely. I would prefer to keep the manual trans and the getrag I have works fantastic with few miles on the rebuild. I know this limits my choices a bit but I have little interest in converting the fiero to an auto. Budget is also not as limited as it once was so more options are definitely in play now.

What I'm looking for is ideas or suggestions on where to take it next. I'm looking to be around ~400hp but I'm not sure which way to go. If the getrag goes at this power level so be it. 3800sc (or better yet turbo), northstar (can you do this with a manual?), 3.4 dohc turbo.....

What do you guys think? The fiero can now become so much more then it was before. Lets bounce some ideas around and see what can happen. And someone help me get pip working!!!

Later

EDIT: Having trouble with the profile portion of PIP. Automatic setting will not work. What do I type in to manually configure?

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 03-22-2016).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try reinstalling PIP. I had a similar problem and reinstalling seemed to fix it.

Bob
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it! Reinstalling worked.

The TT before I got it...

Boost gauge first long test drive....

80mph on the freeway, 3300rpm, 22.1psi boost!

Today midpoint of the mid morning drive...

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 03-27-2016).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyways the point of being back here on the forum and posting is to say that it is now time for the fiero to take on a whole new outlook in its life. It will never need to take on double duty as a daily driver again. I am looking for a new engine entirely. I would prefer to keep the manual trans and the getrag I have works fantastic with few miles on the rebuild. I know this limits my choices a bit but I have little interest in converting the fiero to an auto. Budget is also not as limited as it once was so more options are definitely in play now.

What I'm looking for is ideas or suggestions on where to take it next. I'm looking to be around ~400hp but I'm not sure which way to go. If the getrag goes at this power level so be it. 3800sc (or better yet turbo), northstar (can you do this with a manual?), 3.4 dohc turbo.....

I remember that feeling when my "project car" was no longer the daily driver. That was awesome...

As for a motor, too many choices and opinions. It all depends on your wants and funds. 3800 with SC or turbo is definitely the easiest way to go. Modern drive trains have a lot of appeal, but you could be blazing trails. N* is difficult and $$, but exotic. 3.4 DOHC is almost old school, but has a certain coolness about it, especially with boost.

Good luck with whatever path you choose. Looking forward to the build.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 03-28-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay