Started on: 03-19-2006 09:28 AM
Replies: 178 (24209 views)
Last post by: kendell on 02-06-2023 08:57 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Hi Mike...

Thanx for checking in. The garage is in a deep freeze right now. Probably won't be til spring when I can work on the doors again. Bob

I forgot it's winter right now... I've been watching this thread since the beginning, keep up the good work. My goal is to get my dash re-done in time to go to the beach this weekend, it's supposed to be in the 80s.
Edit...I own page 4...whooo hooo!

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-08-2007).]

IP: Logged
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I forgot it's winter right now... I've been watching this thread since the beginning, keep up the good work. My goal is to get my dash re-done in time to go to the beach this weekend, it's supposed to be in the 80s.

...oh, go away...

...at least it is getting warmer around here - but then that only means the car will have that 'new' dirty road paint color for the next few weeks.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old man Winter has released his grip on the Enchanted Mitten, and the modification seeds have taken root....

Not much done in the winter, but I have started to reupholstering my seats based upon 30+MPG's thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/066632.html

I've proven to myself I can sew (maybe) and I've ordered the material (last nite). So with a little elbow grease and some luck, I hope to have the driver's seat kicked out in a couple weeks.

We had a warm spell the other day so I got to sit in the car and ponder...I decided I didn't like the center console I was building...Too tall...So I chucked it out. I cut a new piece of foam that fits snuggly to the dash and sub woofer. It should also lower the shift bezel down to the bottom edge of the HVAC controls. I'll have to modify the bezel to get it low enough, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

More later...

Bob
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob
Your interior is looking great.
I may use a little idea from you and Jscott1 and use firebird door panels for my build.
Mike
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
You can use the hardware - handles, switches, etc, but based upon what you're doing, I'd go custom.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sneak peak on what's going on while winter returns:

Bob
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are making your car into a Spider Man car? Well I'm sure if you are doing it then it will look nice.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm?? Didn't think of that.

Thanx Jonathon...

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Little eye candy:

Bob
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pumb! er um bump
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty cool talent their F-I-E-R-O, but I don't think so...I probably should have moved the "Spidey" car out of the shot.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep from the archives bump...
o2usa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for o2usaSend a Private Message to o2usaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work bob!!

This is a killer thread, look forward to more of your work,

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you...The summer has been busy. I'm starting to plumb (electrical and fluids) the 4.0 and I have a mount to modify. But it is coming along...

Bob
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I probably should have moved the "Spidey" car out of the shot.

Bob

LOL took me a second to get..

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just your friendly neighborhood bump from......
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been too long for an update. The cold weather has driven me indoors, and I've got the itch to get back at it, so today I dusted off the sewing machine and moved the cat off it's favorite perch. I sewed the front insert to the side bolsters, added the original back piece, and sewed the top together. It needs a little finishing work, but for all intents and purposes, the top is done.

Front:

Back:

And my helper today:

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Spidey Car makes another appearance in the background. (Note to self...Get rid of car.)
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so whats going on with the shifter section of the center console? Great work your doing here, makes me want to try my hand at fiberglassing lol
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just working on the seats because it's too cold to work outside. The shifter console is back-burnered until the engine is done, or until I get stuck and need something else to do.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, I've been working in near freezing temps getting my new nose ready for tooling. You get used to the cold but the fingers get numb. So you have a spider theme for your car?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Bob, I've been working in near freezing temps getting my new nose ready for tooling. You get used to the cold but the fingers get numb. So you have a spider theme for your car?

Ahh...No! Just a bad coincidence.

I herar you about the cold, but it's been sub freezing, and that's just too cold for me. Plus I was burnt. I needed time away. But, now I'm getting back at it. I still want to make the 25'th show with a running car.

see ya...
Bob
vortecfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you find the dual guage panel wrapped around the steering column ? that is cool !

------------------

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
Bully Stage 2 clutch
Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Jabasco Intercooler pump
LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system
T31/T04B S4 turbo with a Super T61 in the box
S10 caliper conversion.
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-03-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He made it!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/043545-6.html

Originally posted by vortecfiero:

where did you find the dual guage panel wrapped around the steering column ? that is cool !

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I haven't visited this thread in a while, I thought this was real.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2008 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Did you ever finish the door panels? Got any finished/upholstered pics of them? What speakers did you opt to go for in the doors?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ashamed to say: nothing to speak of...Keep tuned in when the weather improves...

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!!
I tried to get a lot done to make the 25'th, but it didn't happen. So, the next best thing...

My original intent on the doors was to have a two piece design, where the upolstered center section was seperate from the rest. As seen here:

After many months of letting this brew in the back of my head, I came to the conclusion that this was a stupid idea, so I glassed the center back in. Then I made a template out of cardboard for the center piece.:

I used the template to cutout a backer board made from the back of a poster frame. It is about 1/16" thick press-board. I attached it the the door panel using 7 X-mas tree fasteners spread over the panel. I covered the outside of the panel (and the tops of the X-mas tree fasteners) with 1/4" medium density foam. I used Permatex Headliner and carpet adhesive for the job. Worked really well:

I used the red tweed that I'm using on the seats to cover the center. everything was glued into place, and I stretched the material over the edges, then glued and stapled it into place. i trimmed the excess material to flatten it out.

The door pull/armrest was mounted from behid using large screws. The speaker cover/pouch was placed into position to ensure a proper fit.

I mounted the speaker cover/pouch by driving screws up from behind around the speaker, and screws inside the pouch area into the ring. An area of concern was how to hold the back into place, flush with the ring. I solved the problem by using the Fiero tabs from the original door panels. I notched the plastic so the covers would snap on, then used it to cover a screw that would hold the pouch down.

I then painted all of the accessories black. And with a couple little issues, got everything mounted.

I misplaced the light, so I'll have to find and mount that later.

Next on the menu will be re-wiring the instrument cluster to work with the new engine, and the center console, in no particular order.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 08-02-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks real good Bob. Is that the original fiero panel underneath?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx Rob...Yes it is. It was sliced and re-glassed to make it smooth and fill in holes.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what's the latest on this project?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob, Thanx for checking in.

The spring and summer saw me do a lot of work on the engine, so much so that I was burnt out by the fall. I finished the one door panel, and started some "special" speaker pods, which I have not unveiled, yet. I've also torn out the front suspension to refurbish and upgrade, so that's on the radar, too.

I'm passively trying to locate a temporary drivers seat to put in until the upholstery is done. no real hurry, though.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm passively trying to locate a temporary drivers seat to put in until the upholstery is done. no real hurry, though.

Bob

You could probably find a cheap temporary seat at a wrecker.

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you get the speaker pods for the doors from??
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

They are part of the original Firebird door skins, as is the handle and the controls.

Bob
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

think i mght have an extra pare if you want them ill se eif i still have them

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the seat project will continue soon:
[img]https://www.tuffsew.com/images/tuffsew200022aLarge.jpg[/img]
My new industrial strength sewing machine for Christmas...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 12-25-2008).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice work.
I did not get true Swedish inspection with mine. It was in the way for the E brake handle they said.

Had to start over.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

Kyle1016

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, quit slacking and finish it already! The weathers been great anyways

any updates?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay