someone please make these by evil_motors
Started on: 09-13-2014 06:22 PM
Replies: 12 (503 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-15-2014 02:32 PM
evil_motors

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish someone would remake the seals for the t tops. I really dont want to only drive when it is sunny out. I sat in my fiero this week after being gone over the road for a week in my semi and the driver side panel poured water into my lap. I really need to find a way to get new seals for the car side and whatever keeps the actual t top locking mechanism from leaking. So if i win the lotto tonight i will figure out some new seals. lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been discussed DOZENS of times in thread after thread and it isn't going to happen unless someone wins the Powerball and suddenly doesn't know how to add.

Search results
http://www.fierosearch.com/...eals&Action=DoSearch

A few dIscussions
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129409.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-2-063567.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/100345.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/102941.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104028.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/105298.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-119563.html

Regards,

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
evil_motors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will read all those tomorrow. it cant be that hard to make some damn foam. i understand that there arent many t tops out there but i would be willing to pay in the range of $500 for a set.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard can it be? I said the same thing about the isolation relay for the Gen I headlights. It was easier to upgrade to Gen II.
Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plan on at least $100K for design and tooling, then plan to sell 100 sets at $1k each just to break even. You'll start a thread asking about interest, 300 people will tell you they're in for a set or 2, and you'll actually sell 7. Five of those will complain about something.
evil_motors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
relays are actually not hard to make. i wish this was electrical. i can fix that easy. making a molded rubber seal is not. If i didnt spend most of my money on firearms i would probably spend 1k on a good set of seals. guess i will figure something out next spring. its getting chilly out and my fiero has no heater core. so i will be parking it for the winter. I mean i just bought it a couple months ago and already fixed the headlights and parking brake. so next year will be fix water leaks and re cover seats etc. i also need to figure out how much it would cost to repaint the car.
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent you a PM
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by evil_motors:

relays are actually not hard to make.

That's my point exactly. If we can't even get somebody to make something simple that so many Fiero owners need, what are the odds that somebody will come out with something that needs some serious R&D investment?

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 09-14-2014).]

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Currently we have only two products in development.

New 88 CJB T-Top Seal
Replacement Factory Fiero GT replacement Sailpanels...ones that fit factory perfect!

http://www.fierofantasyconc...om/#!productrnd/c2va

Cool site btw.. haven't ever heard of them until today.

-Mitch

------------------
My Car - 87' GT 3800sc
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

http://www.fierofantasyconc...om/#!productrnd/c2va

Cool site btw.. haven't ever heard of them until today.

-Mitch

I guess fantasizing about making these parts is a lot easier than actually making them..
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:
I guess fantasizing about making these parts is a lot easier than actually making them..

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../000140-18.html#p682

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by evil_motors:

I wish someone would remake the seals for the t tops. I really dont want to only drive when it is sunny out.

Until some come along, if you really want to be able to drive in wet weather try heading to your hardware store and getting some of this to add to your worn out factory strips, it comes in many different widths and thicknesses, cheap.:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock