Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  best source/procedure replace 88 t-top seals?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

best source/procedure replace 88 t-top seals? by tomsablon
Started on: 10-30-2011 10:30 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: tomsablon on 10-31-2011 07:37 PM
tomsablon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonDirect Link to This Post
i'm looking for the best solution. that doesn't require a degree from the university of macgiver.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Buy new seals and replace... The usual problem are Fiero seals are unavailable or if available very very pricey. Not much help.
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
The best solution is to find new 88 CJB seals. Tim at Fieroparts.com has a right side CJB for $625. If you can not find any, you could do what I did on my 87:

I bought brand new 1987 seals for the glass from Tim ($325/pair)

I bought brand new NOS F82 Camaro seals (made by C&C, similar to Fiero seals) and bought brand new door seals from FS. I cut and spliced together FS door seals and F82 seals for a no leak situation. The A butt joint on the F82 is exactly the same as non CJB seals, the B butt joint is different requiring minor surgery on the B pillar. The new FS seals are required because the F82 seals do not have the proper curvature at the top of the door. I super glued the splices together and have been using these for a long time with no problems. I had to replace the seals on the glass panels because they were so hardened and did not seal well.

Here is my detailed post:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104028.html

Remember, the CJB seals and the non CJB seals have different butt joints so you must use door seals and the glass seals from the same type (CJB or non CJB) or they will leak.
Jim
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bowrapennocks:

Here is my detailed post:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104028.html

Remember, the CJB seals and the non CJB seals have different butt joints so you must use door seals and the glass seals from the same type (CJB or non CJB) or they will leak.
Jim

I have these to do. What did you use to glue them to the top? Tks

tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonDirect Link to This Post
is there any conditioners that might soften up the old ones? to bad there isn't a way to coat the old ones with new surface

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock