Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Build Thread: Customizing My 87' GT (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Build Thread: Customizing My 87' GT by mitchjl22
Started on: 03-13-2012 06:54 PM
Replies: 223 (13810 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 05-17-2021 01:53 AM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on my A/C system desperately trying to get it working in this 111 degree heat. THANKFULLY the orfice tube isn't BLACK death!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Made it to page 3!!!

Why isn't the picture working.... (Edit: Got it)

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 07-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

I am working on my A/C system desperately trying to get it working in this 111 degree heat. THANKFULLY the orfice tube isn't BLACK death!

[IMG]https://imageshack.com/a/img23/6686/yt8t.jpg[/IMG]

Made it to page 3!!!

Why isn't the picture working....

Not sure

must be too big

[This message has been edited by 92wastheyear (edited 07-10-2013).]

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I charged the A/C system last night and got it to 40psi on the low side. Not quite sure how much freon i used but i didn't quite use a whole can of 18oz 134a
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought my Donor car today. $1200 delivered.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
The car has 105k miles and from what i hear is a special edition. It has paddle shifters and a HUD. Heated leather interior as well as many other features.

IM SO EXCITED! Happy 18th birthday to me from my dad.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You gonna reuse any of the interior?. Or just part it out to make your $$$ back?
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to part it out and make $$$ back, or I'm willing to barter/trade for swap parts if anyone has any. I shot a quick video of the inside and the engine and damage. I also did a bit of research on the car and it is a Comp G edition with paddle shifter tapshift trans and HUD. It was a really badass car and could be fixed and driven, but im afraid the body work needed to make it good is too expensive to make it worth fixing, so out comes the motor.

I'll put a post in the mall, but so far im looking to sell:
  • Wheels/tires (17x6) Enkei Factory wheels.
  • Interior
  • Transmission
  • HUD and Tapshift assembly
  • Original Owners manual
  • CD Player
  • Monsoon Radio
  • On-Star Mirror
  • etc

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The supercharger works....

bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sexy!!

What an awesome dad.

Brian
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bmac

190 posts
Member since Nov 2008
BTW I meant the supercharger whine was sexy...I can't speak to the attractiveness of your father.

I was just beginning to wonder where this thread had gone and was trying to look it up. You must have read my mind.

Brian
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah my dad is awesome! This is my 18th birthday present (all expenses paid)

Here's my dad and I and our fieros at last years Northwest Fiero Fest
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Here are the wheels I bought today. They will be using the tires from the wrecked grand prix

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 07-31-2013).]

Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks most dope man! I just completed a 3.4L DOHC swap in mine, you'll be super pleased with that 3800SC. Looking forward to following more of your build!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2013 Fiero Fest this year was amazing. To my extreme surprise, Zeus made it all the way there and back like he'd done it a million times. My recently fixed air conditioning was great and it was ice cold during the entire trip. My new wheels and tires stayed nice looking and new, I placed 3rd in the custom modified class. Here are some pictures from the show:

On another note, I pulled the engine from the GTP yesterday, we decided the easiest way was to do it Fiero style.

Oops.....

More to come!

(Edit: Typo)

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 08-13-2013).]

Damorgan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DamorganSend a Private Message to DamorganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey man awesome car and good luck with your build, I saw a video of your car late at night a month or so ago (before I found your thread) and I must say awesome car. I was wondering where did your dad get the logo projectors? I think that they are pretty neat myself and would like to see prices and availability on them. Good luck and again awesome car man!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Damorgan:

Hey man awesome car and good luck with your build, I saw a video of your car late at night a month or so ago (before I found your thread) and I must say awesome car. I was wondering where did your dad get the logo projectors? I think that they are pretty neat myself and would like to see prices and availability on them. Good luck and again awesome car man!

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it!

Logo Projectors are available here: http://www.tlg-auto.com/Fie...or_p/fieroled029.htm
Damorgan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DamorganSend a Private Message to DamorganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the site man, they have some neat stuff that Im going to just have to check out lol I appreciate it a ton and good luck with your car man!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick video of the latest upgrades.

bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome man! Love watching this car getting better and better. Those logo projectors are something else! Seats look great too. I just got mine in and have to put them on now...I hear it's a pain. How was the install on yours? Anyways, still watching and loving what you're doing.

Brian
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

Looks awesome man! Love watching this car getting better and better. Those logo projectors are something else! Seats look great too. I just got mine in and have to put them on now...I hear it's a pain. How was the install on yours? Anyways, still watching and loving what you're doing.

Brian

My dad got them for my birthday last year, and installed them with my grandpa (he used to out on seat covers almost identical with hog rings and such) If i remember correctly, it took him a few hours. And, Thanks man theres a few people following me that help keep me motivated to get it finished up!
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Mr Mike does fine work, I'm currently in the midst of installing mine. Your interior is super clean, I'm really diggin' it! The lower door upholstery kit from TLG automotive that you have, was that difficult to install, also how long did those take you? I've been thinking about getting some myself.
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Squeaky:

Yeah Mr Mike does fine work, I'm currently in the midst of installing mine. Your interior is super clean, I'm really diggin' it! The lower door upholstery kit from TLG automotive that you have, was that difficult to install, also how long did those take you? I've been thinking about getting some myself.

I actually had that lower door panel upholstery done by a shop locally. The upholstery color is Grand Prix Beechwood. We found it in a catalog and I think it was $275 to have it done. The difference between my door panels, and the TLG ones, is the integrated map pocket. It was an idea the upholstery shop had while making air plane door panels.

Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hadn't noticed the map pocket haha, looks most dope! The TLG lower door upholstery is nice but its also nice having storage, I may have to poke around locally for a shop. Hope you don't mind me stealing that idea, look forward to the 3800SC build also!! You've given your Fiero alot of character with your mods thus far, its exciting to see how that will transition back to the engine bay.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keyless entry finally got checked off the list after having it half installed for 2+ years. Check out my GTP Horn swap also,

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 08-26-2013).]

bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Horn sounds good. Also the remote locking/unlocking is really cool. I like how you rigged it to flash the lights. How hard was it to wire all that in?

Brian
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It really wasn't too bad at all! It would've been a lot easier if someone did a step by step or showed where to splice wires, but it was really easy once i found out which wires I needed to splice. (Parking Lights brown wire, trunk release is black stripe) I'd take pictures and post them if anyone wanted to see!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know the drill.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Water pump Engine with 105k miles

Trash

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bare Cradle Ready for Paint

Dogbone cut off of Coil Bracket and painted flat black

Spec Stage 3 Arrived today

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Update

What Do about the Colored Areas?
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordering this Thermostat housing gasket

Got the Fuel System Finished Today,

I used a 3ft Stainless braided hose and I can snake it under the battery tray away from the exhaust! It just happened to work great!
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started and almost finished low mount...

Welded and painted T-Stat Housing.

Installed New Ball Joints

Relocated Coil Packs

That's all for now. I plan on painting that low mount alt bracket black to match btw.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the solution i came up with to fix the bracket it cut off.

Temporary 4" Intake - I'll run it into the fender later

Cradle now as it sits.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, nobody has said anything about the swap on my build thread since I started it 2.5+ months ago.....i think thats kinda weird. But anywaym I have a very small update. We have been out of school for a week due to the Thanksgiving break, and let me say, I never thought I'd find myself ever wanting to go back to school, but I want to now mire than ever. I just want to finish up my car! I've done most of the work and the list is very short before the first start. I still have some crucial things to do, like finish the low mount alt, fill the motor and trans with oil, tighten the trans bolts, double check the ball joints, wire the engine to the PCM, and then I fire it up. Exhaust is next. I'm going to run the bullet cat and spintech muffler setup.

Here's something I got to finish the low mount.

And How I'm going to do my exhaust:
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Super happy and excited, got the wiring harness from FieroFlyer, and its great. Can't wait to get it installed. A little progress....

On a side note, I got my senior pictures back,

Excited, should have a first start here in a few days.
ag9123

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ag9123Send a Private Message to ag9123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't tell if those are the stock rubber cradle bushings or not from the pics. Are you replacing them with the solid aluminum RD parts?
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are stock rubber, but will be replaced next time I drop the cradle for the f23.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really want to paint the valve covers and supercharger, but I also just want a really stock looking swap... maybe when I get headers and my F23, I'll pull of the supercharger, and covers and spray them with some nice paint... I think another thing holding me back is deciding what color I want to paint my car.... If I got yellow, I want that to translate back into the engine bay. But right now, I just am not 100% sure what I want.

I got the last few things needed to bolt this thing back in and get it read for the first start and drive next week.

88' Oil pressure sensor, longer spark plug wire, and serp belt.... almost there...

-Mitch
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Belt used was a 78" Napa Gates belt.

I got the belts on, wiring pretty much done, starter installed, and now I need some guidance on what to do with some VAC lines on the motor...

-Mitch
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First start TODAY!!! Wohoo! it sounded great, have to finish up the re install tomorrow!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock