SD4 IMSA help by Awalker W02
Started on: 07-05-2020 05:31 PM
Replies: 53 (1005 views)
Last post by: Awalker W02 on 09-25-2020 04:10 PM
Awalker W02

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another update. I haven’t made much progress but the rear bumper is cast.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 08-25-2020).]

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

This is a really interesting body!

I've been around Fieros a LONG time, but can't recall ever seeing a front end even remotely like that... keep up the great work!

Heck... I bought my first Fiero new in 85. I have never seen that body. Ever.

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2020 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front clip is officially fit. I have a little work to do at the front door gap to fit my liking but everything else is looking great and ready for primer.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 09-07-2020).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2020 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished up attaching all the mounts on the passenger door skin, fiberglass the rear clip to one complete piece, and cast the ds door skin today. Very productive day today

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 09-12-2020).]

Speedracerfx1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2020 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Speedracerfx1Click Here to Email Speedracerfx1Send a Private Message to Speedracerfx1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me you have plans to eventually sell kits. I wanted to purchase an IMSA kit this year, but Tedd isn't making parts anymore, and I didn't have the funds to buy the entire business from Doug to get the molds.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2020 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Speedracerfx1:

Please tell me you have plans to eventually sell kits. I wanted to purchase an IMSA kit this year, but Tedd isn't making parts anymore, and I didn't have the funds to buy the entire business from Doug to get the molds.

At this point I am really undecided. I really won’t be able to tell anyone that until I get this one done completely. I am keeping track of hours and materials and I can tell you there is a reason most of the kits cost 5k or over. I am progressing rather quickly since I have been working from home since March. I have to have to car in primer by our October fall cruise to the Arkansas dragon.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2020 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did make some progress today as well. Cast the Passenger rocker and glassed the passenger quarter to the clip.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 09-13-2020).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few more pictures

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 09-14-2020).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the body has some potential, but that rear bumper just doesn't do it for me. Looks like it sticks out a few inches past stock and looks a little out of place. Might be an area worth reworking.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Most of the body has some potential, but that rear bumper just doesn't do it for me. Looks like it sticks out a few inches past stock and looks a little out of place. Might be an area worth reworking.

Yep, that rear bumper is definitely on my list. I have figured a way to shorten it a bit. It also needs something else like a diffuser or something a little bit lower. I’m still working out the details but there will be some reworking done here.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some work done this weekend working on some finish work before primer and shortening up the rear bumper. I took about 2 1/2 inches out of the length of it and got it glasses back in. I still need to glass the underside but that will come when I remove the clip for paint.

I also have been working on a couple designs for paint and will be posting those when I get them finished.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 09-20-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks much better!
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are my 2 concepts. They are just rough drafts but good enough to get the idea

I need comments and opinions on the paint
Thank you

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 09-20-2020).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finished up casting my last panel today. Driver side rocker. Now finish work wheel liner mounts and then we are ready for primer
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock