Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, 10th Anniversary, July 27th 2019! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, 10th Anniversary, July 27th 2019! by 2.5
Started on: 12-18-2018 07:40 PM
Replies: 99 (2678 views)
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 07-31-2019 01:21 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can PREREGISTER for the 10th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show!
$10 to Preregister. $15 to Register on the day of the show!

Saturday July 27, 2019

Save the date!

This is the big one, 10 years!

Live band and hog roast Friday night at camp Shipman!
Saturday Join us for the 10th Anniversary Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show in beautiful downtown Frazee, MN!
Open to all makes, models, years and kinds of vehicles including ATVs, bicycles, etc. This show is held annually in memory of Tyler who passed away 2/14/2010 at the age of 18 from synovial sarcoma. His 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT was lovingly restored for him prior to his death by a group of complete strangers led by a soldier deployed in Iraq. This show is a way for the Shipman family to give back to the community, friends, family and others in need. Help us continue the legacy of a caring - let's make giving a part of living #PayItForwardForTyler

*Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ty...pmanmemorialcarshow/

*Click going on the 2019 Facebook event! https://www.facebook.com/events/291323744969872/

Registration is open for our 10th anniversary show in downtown Frazee. Shirts and merchandise must be preordered online and will be available for pick up the day of the show. Please note shirt orders will only be accepted via the website this year.

Proceeds from the show will be donated to a family in need going through a medical crisis keeping with our #PayItForwardForTyler concept.

*Show registration: https://www.tylershipmanmem...ow_Registration.html

You can join Team Tyler - Become a 2019 Sponsor!
All sponsors, no matter what level, will be on our shirts for advertising!
Sponsors for the 2019 show will be given a coupon code towards purchasing shirts and/or merchandise off of the website.

$100 sponsors will be given a code for $5
$300 sponsors will be given a code for $15.
$500 sponsors will be given a code for $30.
Sponsor levels start at $30.

*Sponsorship: https://www.tylershipmanmem...p18/Sponsorship.html

The website:
www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

This article and video tell a little background on what led to the 10th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show .

https://www.valleynewslive....xgjqbriq23b9XjT3RPVA

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-17-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2018 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, and I suggest everyone else make plans to be there as well! This is, as mentioned, is the 10th anniversary of this event, and it is going to be a fantastic weekend of family, friendship, food, and Fieros! (Otherwise known as the 4 F's) We had over 100 Fieros the first year, and would LOVE to top that this year!

You can bring an RV, pitch tents in the yard (Free) or grab a nearby motel/hotel.

As other years, there will probably be Swimming hole excursions, Circles of shame around the bonfire, Games, Hay rides and so much more!

A special request to anyone and everyone that was a part of the build to attend. I specifically call out PK and Antuzzi! I am working on getting DIYstu up from Dallas, if I have to fly there again and kidnap him!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-18-2018).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with the « Vert » and Hulki-u-my-BFF told me he too will be there with his beautiful wife !! So a challenge is made.. all the original team bullders and sponsors be there or be square !!! Wall of shame may be present....... a special event at Camp Shipman also planned !! This is the big one... If I can make it from Canada then the rest can too !!!

Cliff Pennock you too, sir, have been challenged !! JULY 2019 Frazee Mn....

greatest regards to all
Danyel
proud to be a Tylers Team original. « ONE YOUNG MAN’S DREAM........ ONE FORUM’S QUEST »

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-19-2018).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there! Could not keep me away.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 12-19-2018).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey you characters! I will be there as well!

(Good grief! Did I actually post something here???)
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Cliff Pennock you too, sir, have been challenged !! JULY 2019 Frazee Mn....

Hmmmm you have my wheels spinning........

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-19-2018).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Holy krap !!! The man has posted on PFF !!! See Will wasn’t that bad ..... or was it ??...

Need ya all to challenge Cliff Pennock !!!

Cliff Pennock this challenge will NOT rest until we hear an answer from you !!!

Danyel
Tyler Team Member
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No posts from Nellyship?

Are Cliff's finances back in order?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharing this post from the facebook page:

"It was such a blessing last year to #PayItForwardForTyler with the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. Because of our sponsors, volunteers, car show participants, neighbors, friends and family we were able to help four kids and their families with donations totaling over $4000 after expenses. My concern was switching from scholarships to direct family support would lessen enthusiasm for what we do but it was obvious that was not the case! Despite medias attempt at making it seem as if there are not good people out there and human kindness is a thing of the past I just have to beg to differ. This journey for my family has brought so many people into our lives that just want to help people. Every year there seems to be new ones joining in.

I am seeking nominations for a #PayItForwardForTyler family for the 10th anniversary show coming up in July. If you know someone who has child under 18 With a medical need and would like to submit their family for consideration please contact me at payitforwardfortyler@gmail.com or message me on Facebook. Let’s make this giving year! thank you everyone for making the last nine years of doing this such a blessing to our family.

If you would like to sponsor our show please also contact me. We are looking for businesses and individuals willing to sponsor our show and there are different levels and opportunities regarding this.

Don’t forget to register early and also order your Shipman show gear - the 2019 shirts and sweatshirts are on sale already!"

https://www.facebook.com/ty...ipmanmemorialcarshow

https://youtu.be/x2AP74LUJ3g

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-02-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2019 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

See ya there!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2019 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations have been made, calendar marked in pen and baring death or cataclysm I will be there. And unlike these others traveling long distances, I will be driving my Fiero the entire1250 miles to downtown Frazee, MN. No airplanes. No trailers. Don't miss this one. Great time. Great cause. Has anyone been in touch with Boyd Huppert of KARE11?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

PFF
System Bot
GDC88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in too!

I read Vernon's reply last night and sighed up. This will be my first show but like him, I'll be driving mine there. Only 1050 miles though.

Looking forward to it.

Greg
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Therese and I plan on being there. Hopefully bringing both cars.

Rory will be returning also, believe Pam his wife is coming too. They will be in his Cobalt SS supercharged... With some non stock goodies. They plan on rooming with us in our 43 foot 5th wheel we have rented

And Kristina is planning on returning also. Hopefully with her Grand National.

One issue. Work has blackout dates this summer still to be determined. Keeping our fingers crossed that they don't interfere.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GDC88:

Count me in too!

I read Vernon's reply last night and sighed up. This will be my first show but like him, I'll be driving mine there. Only 1050 miles though.

Looking forward to it.

Greg

Greg, GOOD CHOICE! This is by FAR one of the BEST "first shows" anyone could possibly even think about going to go to! Amazing people, makes for an AMAZING weekend, and all for a good cause!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Has anyone been in touch with Boyd Huppert of KARE11?

Not that I know of but you never know he just may show up.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all;
The wife and I have decided NOT to trailer the Automode Formula to FRAZEE for the tenth annual show ...we know that this distance is great but as true Fiero warriors we will be driving her. She has never been a trailer queen therefore we will respect that. We will post a full itinerary with dates and times so people wil be able to follow our journey to be with the fiero family. You will be able to follow our trek and resumé to Frazee.

We will be posting in THIS thread if PO authorizes it ... if not a new thread will be made ...

greatest regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We will be posting in THIS thread if PO authorizes it ... if not a new thread will be made ...

greatest regards
Danyel

Um, OP?

The Previous Owner of your Fiero probably does not care.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-01-2019).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The wife and I have decided NOT to trailer the Automode Formula to FRAZEE for the tenth annual show" Well, there goes my "The fool who drove their Fiero the furthest" trophy! It will be good to see you and your wife again my Canadian friend; it's been too long!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be flying in on Friday and flying home on Sunday. So looking forward to seeing you all again!!!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2019 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be great to see you again Andy!

Each and every person reading this, needs to convince their Fiero friends, Car Buffs, Car Clubs and whatever to attend this show. It is going to be great, but lets make it even bigger and better than every before!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

We will be flying in on Friday and flying home on Sunday. So looking forward to seeing you all again!!!

Woo Hoo! See you there Big A!
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello all;
The wife and I have decided NOT to trailer the Automode Formula to FRAZEE for the tenth annual show ...we know that this distance is great but as true Fiero warriors we will be driving her. She has never been a trailer queen therefore we will respect that. We will post a full itinerary with dates and times so people wil be able to follow our journey to be with the fiero family. You will be able to follow our trek and resumé to Frazee.

greatest regards
Danyel

Very cool.
Fine by me, I'm sure Daneele would approve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Let me wish you an early welcome back
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2019 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Therese and I plan on being there. Hopefully bringing both cars.

Rory will be returning also, believe Pam his wife is coming too. They will be in his Cobalt SS supercharged... With some non stock goodies. They plan on rooming with us in our 43 foot 5th wheel we have rented

And Kristina is planning on returning also. Hopefully with her Grand National.

One issue. Work has blackout dates this summer still to be determined. Keeping our fingers crossed that they don't interfere.

We will be there... Got the approval tonight from work.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We will be there... Got the approval tonight from work.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has anyone been in touch with Boyd Huppert of KARE11?

I hit him up, and he said thank you for letting him know. He did not elaborate if he was interested in a follow up or not.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I hit him up, and he said thank you for letting him know. He did not elaborate if he was interested in a follow up or not.

I got much the same from him back in January. Maybe if enough of the original build team reach out to him, we'll be able to wear him down. The least that we can do is keep him informed; when and where convoys are meeting up, activities at Camp Shipman, who from the original build team will be attending ..... the more information he has the better.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-19-2019).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I jut talked to Stuart today (DIYStu). He will not be able to make it to the 10th His parents, him, and his daughter are going to be in Colorado on a camping excursion the end of July. I told him we would hit him up with a video chat.

Are we still on to get as many from the build team to the show as possible? We need to get PK and Antuzi to man up
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got much the same from him back in January. Maybe if enough of the original build team reach out to him, we'll be able to wear him down. The least that we can do is keep him informed; when and where convoys are meeting up, activities at Camp Shipman, who from the original build team will be attending ..... the more information he has the better.

We are leaving on Wed from between Chicago and Milwaukee area.. Staying Wed night by 2.5s house (south of Minneapolis) then have to be at camp by 12/1 on Thursday.

I am bringing the 100x10 tarp again for slip and slide action weather and space permitting (expecting more campers)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2019 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This pic is from 2018

Who's got pics from past year's shows to post?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-22-2019).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2019 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is everyone coming from.. Let's get some caravans figured out
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with my new toy and fiero in tow
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I fly in (I'm assuming everyone flies into MSP) can I ride with someone in their Fiero???
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2019 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

If I fly in (I'm assuming everyone flies into MSP) can I ride with someone in their Fiero???

I might have a Fiero for you to drive so that the wife and I can bring the truck with our camping gear. How long will you be in town for the show?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where is everyone coming from.. Let's get some caravans figured out

I'll be coming from Southern MN up Interstate 35 heading out Thursday morning.

Pic from a past show ! :

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'll be coming from Southern MN up Interstate 35 heading out Thursday morning.

We will be joining you with both cars.... That makes 4 cars

Who else meet up early morning Thursday the 25th in the Minneapolis area.

Starting near exit 42 on 35 (Owatonna area)
35 N to
494 W to
94 W
Either getting off at Exit 207a or 193 and working up to highway 10

Hoping to get to camp between 12 & 1

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 04-30-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like a plan Scott, (494 West) becoming 94 to 10.

Anyone is welcome to tag along!

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2019 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Sounds like a plan Scott, (494 West) becoming 94 to 10.

Anyone is welcome to tag along!

Fixed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2019 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can pre register and order a T shirt at:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2019 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The T Shirt cutoff date is the 1st week in July

You can order yours here!

The T shirt design is the blue section on the top right of the Flyer:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave