Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, 10th Anniversary, July 27th 2019! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, 10th Anniversary, July 27th 2019! by 2.5
Started on: 12-18-2018 07:40 PM
Replies: 99 (2703 views)
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 07-31-2019 01:21 PM
GDC88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gentlemen,

You guys know I'm new to this but I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone that was involved way back when. Started looking for hotels in the area and was wondering if any of you had recommendations.

Thanks,
Greg
IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... Hotel?

Bring a tent!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check Google Maps. Lots of hotels in the area; Frazee, Detroit Lakes, Perham. I would suggest calling the hotels directly since it's a popular summer recreational area.

Where and when is "The Thursday Convoy" gathering?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-20-2019).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THURSDAY CARAVAN
The usual spot seems to work pretty well.

Thursday morning at the Shell station:

610 Proctor Ave NW, Elk River, MN 55330

Time to be determined...9am maybe?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-20-2019).]

GDC88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Gents,

Booked a room at the Super8 in Perham. Had a wonderful discussion with Gladys (or Gracy?) and she is well aware of this get together. She thinks the world of you guys.

I'll be showing up sometime Friday morning after taking the long way through Michigan and across the UP. It's a great route that I've driven before and besides, I'll do almost anything to avoid driving through Chicago. If there is something happening on Friday night, please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those looking for a hotel / motel in the area for the weekend of the show, HERE IS A LIVE LINK TO A LIVE MAP with prices. You can drag the slider to set your minimum and maximum price, and dragging the map will update with motels in that area.

Some prefer to stay in a hotel / motel, but the other free option is to bring a tent, camper, motor home and stay on the Shipman property. I have been to Frazee 10 times now, and have never stayed in a hotel.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-20-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GDC88:

I'll be showing up sometime Friday morning after taking the long way through Michigan and across the UP. It's a great route that I've driven before and besides, I'll do almost anything to avoid driving through Chicago. If there is something happening on Friday night, please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

Friday night is a big get together at Camp Shipman
You'll definitely want to be there.
Its a big part of this 10th Anniversary!

In honor of the big 10th Anniversary there will be a live Band "The Front Fenders"!

"To celebrate our BIG anniversary Friday night I AM SO EXCITED to invite EVERYONE to come out to enjoy the FRONT FENDERS and HOG ROAST cooked by Brian Bigger! We want to pack it in with our car friends and our hometown friends. Please pass this along and share. We will be going HOG WILD AT CAMP SHIPMAN WITH THE FRONT FENDERS!

Bring a lawn chair and your own beverage! Heck bring a tent! Camp Shipman didn't get its name for nothing! Invite your friends, your neighbors and even that guy down the street"

ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

THURSDAY CARAVAN

9 will work for me. That means we are leaving Owattonna about 7? Are the girls going to happy with that? Getting to camp about 12-1 sometime?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:
9 will work for me. That means we are leaving Owattonna about 7? Are the girls going to happy with that? Getting to camp about 12-1 sometime?

Hopefully

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2019 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2019 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Gents,

Booked a room at the Super8 in Perham.

Hey that's where I stayed in 2016! Good you're booked already since lodging fills up crazy fast in those parts.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2019 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just booked my flight! Due to scheduling, this will be the first year I will miss the Thursday caravan from the cities. I Will be riding up with Andrew and leaving Thursday evening from Minneapolis.

I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again! ! ! !

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-11-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This new article and video that were just put up tell a little background on what led to the 10th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show .

https://www.valleynewslive....xgjqbriq23b9XjT3RPVA

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-17-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CAMP SHIPMAN shirts are available, limited time only , order by the end of July 3rd!
This is different from the car show shirts!
Pick up at Camp Shipman or ship if you are not coming.
Come dressed in your finest (these shirts!) to the Camp Shipman Goes Hog Wild with the Front Fenders event on Friday 7/26!

You can get tanks, sweatshirts, hoodies, Ts and even some in light weight fabric.

SEE SHIRTS AND ORDER HERE

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-18-2019).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2019 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what the shirt looks like. They are available in long sleeves, tank tops, hoodies ect

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2019 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget to order your clothing items before July 4th!

One more week to order the Camp Shipman Shirts.
Order here

Also don't forget you can order The 10th Anniversary Memorial car show shirts The design is the same that is on the top right corner of the flyer on page 1 of this thread.
Order here

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-26-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be the change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfwqdXCQfzI

"Please take a few minutes to listen to our 10th Anniversary #PayItForwardForTyler plan! We can't do this without sponsors like PayMasters, United Community Bank, NIFE, Minnesota Fieros Forever and Back to the 80s, Daggett Truck, Frazee Auto Body, JCS Cabinetry and Design, Franklin Fence, Graham Excavating, All in All Gas Station, Frazee Family Foods, OK Lumber and Hardware and many more! This has been such a 10 years of seeing what GOOD people can do when GOOD intentions are put into GOOD action! Thank you everyone for this journey of healing and new memories "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V53HOn5QUhs

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-01-2019).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only 26 days and counting! This should be at the of the list on the general section!

I am so looking forward to this years show!
GDC88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to say this is one powerful story and a group of folks that are restoring my faith. Even though I'm 10 years late, I am so looking forward to meeting all of you and being a part of this.

Greg
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greg, after your trip to Frazee ...... I'll bet you can't go to just one! It's a heck of a trip from our part of the country but worth every bit of the effort.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

GDC88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm ready now. Just bought my T-Shirt and plan on picking it up at Camp Shipman.

See you all before you know it.

Proud to be involved,
Greg
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just bought my T-Shirt and plan on picking it up at Camp Shipman.

Greg

You know its a great group of people, when I fly from South Florida to Minneapolis, and then drive an additional 4 hours just to pick up my shirts (nine times now!)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-02-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got to say this is one powerful story and a group of folks that are restoring my faith. Even though I'm 10 years late, I am so looking forward to meeting all of you and being a part of this.

Greg

Will be good to meet you too

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the newsletter you can sign up for at www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

"Hi to all our car show family!
The 10th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car is right around the corner - July 27. Registration at 10 am, Show 11-3 pm. Please visit our website www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com to preregister your car. Not only will you save $5 but your vechicle ID card the day of the show will look cool and have any personalization you may request on it. Win-win!

We will be having Brandon on as DJ again this year and he has advised me there has been some upgrades to his equipment to allow for music further down the street! That is great news! Our trophies this year will be done by Rob Bartlett of the Minnesota Fieros Forever, our home car club, which is new for us. I’m very excited to see what he is going to do for us and I know our participants will be too!

We are very excited this year to have the aggressive goal of a top 10 list of #PayItForwardForTyler things to do as our fundraising goal in celebration of our 10 years of giving back. My daughter Cassie came up with this plan prior to leaving for boot camp in May and I am going to do my best to meet this goal! Visit our Facebook page and event to hear about this exciting plan and meet the new members of our Tyler Shipman #PayItForwardForTyler family!

Don’t miss out on "Camp Shipman Goes Hog Wild" the night before at Camp Shipman. We are having a hog roast (throwback to the early years at Camp Shipman) and a live band - The Front Fenders! Even if you are not camping here, please show up for some great food and music! Brian Bigger will be roasting the hog. Brian has been a sponsor of our show since the beginning and was also on the ambulance crew that helped bring Tyler home from Roger Maris. Bring a chair and a cooler with your favorite beverage. When the food is gone, it’s gone but the music will go until midnight!

Any of those looking for a place to stay while in the area:
Camp Shipman is free to any who show up. We have an
outdoor shower house with hot water, porta potties and
a few electric hookups. You will not regret being a part of
camp life. It’s an experience you will not soon forget!
Holiday Inn, Detroit Lakes, MN
CountryInn & Suites , Detroit Lakes, MN
Best Western, Detroit Lakes, MN
Just google Detroit Lakes or Perham to find more.
Anyone planning on staying at Camp Shipman is encouraged to sign up for CAMP LIFE on our website. Navigate to the store and pick a teamwork job.
Thank you to all our many sponsors, participants, friends and family who have made the last 10 years such a success! We are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have been wanting to drive up to this since I bought my Fiero last August but after spinning rod bearings in 2 engines in the last few weeks I think its safe to say I won't be able to make it. Maybe next year! Looking forward to seeing pictures and its so awesome you guys do this every year.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bring whatever you can drive... It doesn't need to be a Fiero. Your daily driver is just fine. We have had people enter rental cars, someone forgot to move their car from the show field in the morning and we entered their car.

You. Do. Not. Want. To. Miss. This.
GDC88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GDC88Send a Private Message to GDC88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if there is a dirtiest Fiero award.

I'm driving about 1200 miles one way and will be showing up in time for the Friday festivities. Kind of looking forward to a dirty car with a clean windshield.

See you guys soon.
Greg, (Mr. 10 years late)
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can any conveyance be entered in the show?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. You may not win anything for it, but it's not always about winning, right? I entered a freakin' Go-Kart a couple of years ago, and took home first place for Off-Road category.

So, yes. If it has wheels, it's welcome.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. The logistics of getting a C5 Galaxy there could be difficult.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Hmmm. The logistics of getting a C5 Galaxy there could be difficult.

Might not fit downtown but there are farm fields and highways nearby , however you really should paint #PAY IT FORWARD FOR TYLER on the side of it heh..You fly one?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-12-2019).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Just wondering if there is a dirtiest Fiero award.

I'm driving about 1200 miles one way and will be showing up in time for the Friday festivities. Kind of looking forward to a dirty car with a clean windshield.

See you guys soon.
Greg, (Mr. 10 years late)

DIY STU drove this from Texas multiple years, we were glad to have him there and his car Dirt? missing paint? No big deal.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-12-2019).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Might not fit downtown but there are farm fields and highways nearby , however you really should paint #PAY IT FORWARD FOR TYLER on the side of it heh..You fly one?

Weight is a problem. It requires a serious surface. It is unlikely that a US highway would carry the weight.

The ASAF would not like a repaint.

I do not fly it. A friend is crew chief.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Weight is a problem. It requires a serious surface. It is unlikely that a US highway would carry the weight.

The ASAF would not like a repaint.

I do not fly it. A friend is crew chief.

Well landing is optional, could buzz us with a super low fly by, at camp and at the show, but the text on the side of the plane, really LARGE would be required.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll see. The plane will fly through that area, but I think the days are off. It is on the West coast, and will head to the East coast, that week.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2019 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY STU drove this from Texas multiple years, we were glad to have him there and his car Dirt? missing paint? No big deal.

If you bring a Fiero with a sketchy paint job, be forewarned, we may try to fix it! We were looking for something to do Friday afternoon, and Chris came up with the idea of painting someones car! We laughed, and then ran with it. a half hour drive to O'Rileys, and around 15 cans of PlastiDip later, it began.

We pulled Stuarts car into the garage and began.

We taped off a couple of things, and then all grabbed a can and began spraying:

Here it is starting to take shape: (Carter striking a pose, & being a ham for the camera!)

About 10 minutes into it, Will decided that it definitely needed to have a go fast stripe installed.
Will is installing the stripe with surgical precision, while Andrew supervises.

All in all I would say we spent just a little over an hour painting the car. We did no work whatsoever to the clear coat or any prep work.

Ok, HERE is where it became interesting.... It came out FAR better than we could have ever imagined!

The next day at the car show, we decided we needed a new category for car classification.

Thus the "Best 1 hour redneck paint job" trophy was created, and Stuarts car unbelievably won first place!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-13-2019).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2019 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy flashbacks Batman! That was so much fun! And the thing is, it isn't even close to some of the shenanigans we get up to up there.

I still remember when we kicked Stu out of the front of the property so he couldn't see us work, then we dragged him back up with his eyes closed, and unveiled his "new" ride.

Man, that was so much fun.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THURSDAY CARAVAN

Sounds like a plan 9:00 leaving by 9:30 at the latest

Change of plans here... Will only have 1 car.... Other one went on road trip this year and was a bad boy and is in time out for road tripping.

Who else will be there?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I, Blake from TX, hoping to hear from JonnyRottin, as those guys will be driving our Fieros up. May have a couple of additional people in our party as well.

Additionally, I will most likely have either the Volt or the Acadia (or both) with a TON of cargo space (and vehicle support stuff). If you need room to shove things, or need a ride up, we'll have space.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2019 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Holy flashbacks Batman! That was so much fun! And the thing is, it isn't even close to some of the shenanigans we get up to up there.

I still remember when we kicked Stu out of the front of the property so he couldn't see us work, then we dragged him back up with his eyes closed, and unveiled his "new" ride.

Man, that was so much fun.

Good times!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay