Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieros at Carlisle 2016 Registration Now Open (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieros at Carlisle 2016 Registration Now Open by MAFOA Events
Started on: 02-24-2016 08:42 AM
Replies: 91 (2079 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 06-26-2016 09:58 PM
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the traffic like getting into and out of this Mega show?
I'm not much for dealing with an hour of stop and go traffic. Between the car's tendency to over heat, and a tired leg from working the clutch, I like the smaller events with easy access and exit.
IP: Logged
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gwg1995:

Just picked up an the 87 GT listed in the mall so I should be attending this year! (If the clutch hydraulic line doesn't blow again...). I'm very pleased with the car. I would've pre-registered but I picked up the car on the 15th and drove all day to get home. If anyone has a passenger side GT tail light that they're looking to get rid of, they should bring it with them

The car: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073666.html

It's not too late to pre-register. The discount is no longer available but it will still save time the day of the show. Looking forward to seeing your new ride.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

What is the traffic like getting into and out of this Mega show?
I'm not much for dealing with an hour of stop and go traffic. Between the car's tendency to over heat, and a tired leg from working the clutch, I like the smaller events with easy access and exit.

Hey Ed,

We traditionally arrived a little earlier (around 7:30) and never hit any traffic problems. I am sure it may get a little heavier as the morning goes on with between 9-10 being the busiest. Maybe others can chime in with their personal experience.

~ Jennifer
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never had an issue getting in. Mostly it was sitting in line to get in but that wasn't near like being stuck on I-70 in Columbus during rush hour.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been there for a few years now, but I got there around 8 to 8;30 and never hit a lot of traffic. The traffic lights back up a little going in but I've never seen a big jam going bumper to bumper, move a few feet then stop for a while type backup. The longest line I was in was the line at the shack to pick up the entry stuff, and even the preregistered line moved fast. The new system of them mailing the entry papers to you so you can drive right in has most likely cut that line down down some. Leaving is another story, either leave early or later, to reduce wait time. Some folks get together for dinner somewhere, and leave after that.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our plan again this year is to head out after the Fiero showfield awards to get dinner at Hoss' - traffic to get there is definitely minimal and getitng out of Hoss's to hear back towards Coatesville on the Turnpike should be a cinch.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gate and go pass received in the mail today!

It better not rain....
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my Gate pass in today's mail. Come on good weather.
Nextel dude

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to go - got my pass in the mail on Friday.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of you who are coming to Carlisle have the opportunity to bid on a special piece of Fiero history in a live auction fundraiser held on Saturday afternoon. Dennis LaGrua has donated a very special brick from the Fiero Plant that is mounted, tagged and comes with paperwork that authenticates this amazing artifact. Below, is one of the pictures Dennis procured from Ron Treichel. Stay tuned for pictures of the mounted brick!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAFOA Events:

Those of you who are coming to Carlisle have the opportunity to bid on a special piece of Fiero history in a live auction fundraiser held on Saturday afternoon. Dennis LaGrua has donated a very special brick from the Fiero Plant that is mounted, tagged and comes with paperwork that authenticates this amazing artifact. Below, is one of the pictures Dennis procured from Ron Treichel. Stay tuned for pictures of the mounted brick!

[/QUOTE

If I may chime in; this brick was taken from the administration building facade from GM / Pontiac Fiero Assembly plant #17 that was demolished in 2013. Forum member Ron Treichel (the man in the picture) has provided several pictures of the demolition, and a notarized letter of authenticity as to the origin of this brick. As stated, this is an MAFOA club fundraiser and the proceeds of this auction will go 100% to the clubs treasury. This helps offset the expense of sponsoring a large Fiero event at the GM Nationals at Carlisle that benefits all Fiero owners. If you have ever been to an MAFOA event; the club is always generous with gifts and awards. Some things are donated while others are paid for by the club.
The brick is mounted on a dark wood plaque and a brass name plate identifies its significance. When the auction is started and if you bid, please remember that this is one of very few mementos of the Fiero assembly plant that remain. IMO, this make a great addition to any Fiero owners rec room or garage.
Getting back to the subject of this post; Fieros at Carlisle is going to be huge this year. You can register at the gate the day of the show. and traffic getting into the fairgrounds is usually not bad. Spend some time with some of the nicest Fiero folks around. There will be raffles for parts, many classes of trophies for class winners ( and you don't need a show car), tech sessions, a womans oasis tent, a burn out contest, music, a pin-up girl contest a huge manufacturers midway, and everything GM.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone!!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my gate pass today, can't wait to see everyone at the show
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Due to the awesome turnout we're expecting based off of pre-registrations, Carlisle is asking us to check in with other Fiero owners who have not yet registered but hope to come to the show. If you are hoping to come, please let us know by replying to this thread and letting us know what class you plan to register in. The classes for this show are:

Stock Notchback
Stock Fastback
Custom Notchback
Custom Fastback
Modified Notchback
Modified Fastback
Factory Stock
Daily Driver

For classing questions, please visit THIS LINK or let us know in this thread.

MAFOA BOD
gwg1995

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there as a daily driver
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! Thanks for the update.

MAFOA BOD
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leading up to Carlisle, we're celebrating the 22 days leading up to the 22nd annual show with a daily trivia contest on Facebook. Check it out HERE!

MAFOA BOD
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can't wait to be there and are counting the days. How could any Fiero owner pass something like this up? There is something there for everybody.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-03-2016).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than 2 weeks until the big day! Any last minute additions lurking out there?

Jen
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little over a week until the day of the show! Schedule below!

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

7:00 AM: Carlisle show grounds open.

7:00 AM - 6:00 PM: Participant judging run by Carlisle Productions.* (Please be sure to get your ballot out of your entry packet to participate)

10:00 AM: Tech Session on Headlight Module Rebuilding led by Brad Wilbur and Andrew Stupka of East Coast Fieros at the MAFOA tent. Sponsored by Rodney Dickman.

11:00 AM – NOON: “Ask a Fiero Expert” Roving Tech Session with “FieroJon” Miller. Sign-up for your tech talk at the MAFOA tent.

10:00 AM - NOON: Participant Judging for Special Trophies on MAFOA show field. (Ballots handed out to MAFOA showfield participants at the MAFOA tent upon arrival)

NOON: Free hot dogs and bottled water for MAFOA Members at MAFOA tent

1:30 PM: Tech Session on Ignition Control Module Troubleshooting & Replacement with Tom Harding of the New York Fiero Owner’s Group at the MAFOA tent.

2:30 PM: Presentation of Special Awards, Chinese Auction and Live Auction at MAFOA tent

Afterward, we'll head to Hoss's for a post-show meal and fellowship!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The MAFOA Event will be the highlight of the show for Fiero owners..........but that's just the half of it. If you decide to venture out of the large Fiero section, there is a complete Event Guide to the GM Nationals, that will feature, 100's of classic GM cars of every make, Burnout contests, a TV show filming, Live Music, the Woman's oasis, the Pin Up girl contest for Miss Carlisle, Monster Truck rides, an Autocross, a display of automotive artwork, a mobile dyno setup, and a mobile shop that will show installations of parts. There is a large flea market where you can buy parts, automotive hardware, tools, books , accessories and find other odd items.. The food court there offers a wide variety of different lunches at reasonable prices.
Here is the event guide:
http://www.carlisleevents.c...sle-GM-Nationals.pdf

Still undecided? You can easily register at the gate the day of the show. Don't forget the sunscreen and wear a good pair of walking shoes. .

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-10-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My hype level is off the charts. Can't wait to meet you guys!

Praying for no rain.

The show schedule looks off the charts, gonna be a great weekend!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

My hype level is off the charts. Can't wait to meet you guys!

Praying for no rain.

The show schedule looks off the charts, gonna be a great weekend!!!

Excited to meet you too!!

~ Jen
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' like it's gonna be a beautiful 84° day on Saturday! AM showers on Friday, but thats OK, hopefully there will be no humidity after it breaks!

Stupid question; Is there a hose or something, or better yet, the ability to wash the car on site? Or is there a local car wash ? With the drive out there, I'm sure there is gonna be a lot of dead bugs all over the place I would like to clean off... I assume we bring our own supplies to wash if so?

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Lookin' like it's gonna be a beautiful 84° day on Saturday! AM showers on Friday, but thats OK, hopefully there will be no humidity after it breaks!

Stupid question; Is there a hose or something, or better yet, the ability to wash the car on site? Or is there a local car wash ? With the drive out there, I'm sure there is gonna be a lot of dead bugs all over the place I would like to clean off... I assume we bring our own supplies to wash if so?

Traditionally there have been washing stations not far from the entrance at Gate 2 (aka the Main entrance). When you go through the gate, they can point you in the right direction and yes, bring your supplies!

Keep up those sacrifices to the weather gods!
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a bummer to report that despite pre-registering, I'll be unable to attend. Seems my window sticker is nothing more than a nice souvenir now.

Unless it's good to anyone else?

Also, I thought I ordered a couple tshirts when I pre-registered, but thought I had yet to pay for them? My memory sucks. I'd still like them if possible.

Ah well... there's always next year.
I hope all attendees have a GREAT time!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there,

Just got your email. I'll check on the shirts and keep you posted. So bummed you can't join us. I'll also drop you a line on the sticker.

Jen
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Hey there,

Just got your email. I'll check on the shirts and keep you posted. So bummed you can't join us. I'll also drop you a line on the sticker.

Jen

I'm bummed too Jen - thanks for checking

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sadly i dont think i will be able to make it.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pre-registered, gassed up, fluids checked, cleaned up, soon to be packed up, got the toolbox in the trunk and we are ready to roll. Weather forecast for Carlisle on Saturday is 83*F and sunny-hooray! . There is strong attendance this year and it should be a great show. and once again do not forget the sunscreen.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-16-2016).]

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

sadly i dont think i will be able to make it.

Definitely a bummer. Hoping things still allow you to attend.
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Central VA FIERO'S --Two of us coming up tomorrow (Friday) One other coming up Saturday. Assuming we don't get washed away tonight / 2-4 inches of rain tonight!

Comfortable shoes / sunblock / chair / tent and STICKER ON THE WINDOW.
120 Mile Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2016 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 120 Mile FieroSend a Private Message to 120 Mile FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will not be able to bring my Formula, but I do plan on going. It will be nice to see so many Fiero's at one time, get some ideas for future mods, and meet fellow enthusiasts. If I leave at 5am on Saturday, I hope to get there by 11am or so. Is there a gate we should park near?
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is washed, waxed, vacummed, fluids checked and topped off, and ready for the show!

Both my uncle and I will be there tomorrow late morning - early afternoon with our Fieros. We are probably gonna check into the hotel first then headed to the show.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let the day of cleaning commence! Glad everyone is waxed, loaded or even heading there Fieroless - the more Fiero fans, the merrier ;-)

If anyone needs anything - shoot me an e-mail jgoss825@gmail.com!
johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All ready for the trip tomorrow. the only thing left to load is a cooler and my CD case.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on going but did not preregister due to family issues. Wifey passed the way almost 2 months ago due to a fatal stroke and her sister we buried today due to cancer.
That's less than 7 weeks apart so we're still picking up the pieces.

Looks like the weather forecast is good. I preregistered last year but didn't go due to bad weather. See everybody tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taking care of some last minute stuff like carrying out my stuff checking out of the hotel, and then headed over. See you guys in a few! ^_^

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

johnt671

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoon, so sorry to hear this.

Mariann and John
gwg1995

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a great time today! I was very impressed by the turnout and saw some beautiful Fieros. I look forward to seeing you all again next year. I forgot to take pictures so if anyone has picture of the group, feel free to post them. Thank you for the hospitality!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock