Started on: 11-14-2015 01:46 AM
Replies: 372 (17112 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-15-2016 05:40 PM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

How about the pics that were mentioned to be posted some time ago??

Delays, excuses, and now showing of giving up. I have my own future opinion about this...

The only known experienced vendor of producing fiero parts are The Fiero Store and Rodney.

I hope these will be made one day.

IP: Logged
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the matter with you guys...I didn't say anything negative.

I stated a fact.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed check your PMs
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If things are on the up and up, I would think Fiero Store or Rodney would buy the molds that so may exist. If they exist.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

I will have to buy the molds and cover my time at work that was put in building them. Until that happens, I am not involved. I was promised half. That is not what they are trying to now give me

Check your PMs.

Just my 2 cents. They're probably reading this.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 01-06-2016).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel for the person trying to get this project going and hope something comes of it, but I`m beginning to think these tailight and 1/4 window projects are cursed.
First we had someone who had some success producing from what I understand was a pretty good copy of 1/4 windows and that project took a nosedive.
Since then, and not with only windows or tailights but other projects it has seemed to be a health problem that has led to the project`s demise.
It sounds to me like there needs to be one of our young, healthy members who has total control over every phase of the project to step up and take over.
But perhaps the craftsmanship it takes to produce something like these projects is becoming a lost art for the individual who doesn`t have access to thousands of dollars of equipment. Who knows?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last quarter window project had over $10K in it. I suspect this one is close.
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

If things are on the up and up, I would think Fiero Store or Rodney would buy the molds that so may exist. If they exist.

If they exist? The first post of this thread is pictures of the lenses minus tint...
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slammed

783 posts
Member since Mar 2015

Originally posted by tshark:

The last quarter window project had over $10K in it. I suspect this one is close.

Not even close. Quarter windows are significantly simpler to reproduce

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 01-06-2016).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will have to buy the molds and cover my time at work that was put in building them. Until that happens, I am not involved. I was promised half. That is not what they are trying to now give me

In writing?

Sorry to hear of the "partnership" mess, it sounded like you were well on your way.

It sounds like you were a hired helper for someone from the get go?
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not even close. Quarter windows are significantly simpler to reproduce

The thread was on here somewhere.

Well, the cost thus far has a number.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so what is the cost to buy the molds,
reply in pm if need be,
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I read all the posts and try to put the pieces together, this is my take on it and please judge it as a guess.
Slammed works for a place that has the capability to do plastic forming/molding. She convinces her employer that there is a market for Fiero GT tail light lenses and begins work. They promise her 50% of the sales when products are complete and ready to ship. She gets part of the way there and spends $$$ doing it and ends up over budget. Now the employer decides that they need to recover the development cost and tells Slammed that she needs to pay for the development cost hereself so the deal changes. Stalemate results.
Since much of the tooling work has been done it is possible that somehow this project will be brought to fruition. As for the molds they may not be complete. Only Slammed knows the answer.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-07-2016).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If I read all the posts and try to put the pieces together, this is my take on it and please judge it as a guess.
Slammed works for a place that has the capability to do plastic forming/molding. She convinces her employer that there is a market for Fiero GT tail light lenses and begins work. They promise her 50% of the sales when products are complete and ready to ship. She gets part of the way there and spends $$$ doing it and ends up over budget. Now the employer decides that they need to recover the development cost and tells Slammed that she needs to pay for the development cost hereself so the deal changes. Stalemate results.
Since much of the tooling work has been done it is possible that somehow this project will be brought to fruition. As for the molds they may not be complete. Only Slammed knows the answer.

No. We are nowhere close to the budget I was given. Greed is all it is
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. We are nowhere close to the budget I was given. Greed is all it is

Greed sucks unless it is what promotes progress. This doesn't seem to be the right kind of greed..

This is the reason I do business on my own dime or with explicit contractual obligation with collateral be it monetary or reputation.
Reputation is a slippery slope though and can get out from under you if you are not careful. Even if you are careful.

Best to deal with monetary consequences and leave personal crap out entirely.

When ever I deviate from that there tends to be issues. I am dealing with this very problem now. I may explain in detail soon in another thread.

Most of the time in the circumstance you have found yourself in it would be a better bet to take the project onto yourself entirely or drop it entirely.
Making a deal of partnership has already proven to not work out. Doing another partnership again with the same parties wouldn't be a good decision .
Some call that the definition of insanity.

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if these greedy d-bags realize that if they don't relese the tail lights to be sold then there will be no money to be had and it will all be a waste...

Slammed, this sucks! Hopfully you guys can work something out!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the tooling has been sold. I was compensated for my time put in at home and get to keep my job. This was the best possible outcome. I don't know who bought them, but they paid a hefty price. I mentioned before that I had completed molds for the quarter windows. Time permitting, I will be getting that done on my own
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All the tooling has been sold. I was compensated for my time put in at home and get to keep my job. This was the best possible outcome. I don't know who bought them, but they paid a hefty price. I mentioned before that I had completed molds for the quarter windows. Time permitting, I will be getting that done on my own

Im glad you are out of that nightmare... Thats good news!

Hopfully whoever bought them does something with them... I honestly think these tail lights are cursed.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The mystery goes on but I am happy that it turned out OK for Slammed. Whoever, purchased the molds would have to be a key Fiero parts supplier. Maybe an order for molds was the reason that this project began in the first place????. As for greed, it is all around us. Unfortunately it is responsible for all the bad things that happen in this world. People will resort to doing anything and everything possible to make more money.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings, I am a bit confused and would appreciate some help in understanding this potential product fully.

Are these tail-lights supposed to be of the entire assembly units with the bulb housings, clips etc., as seen in post #1; except they will be a 1 piece unit, that will have the amber, red and black colours, plus 'PONTIAC' script and black accents lines?

Or are they going to be only the coloured lenses (1 piece) as described above with a possible option to purchase just un-coloured, un-scripted, (1 piece) clear lenses that will cover Fastback GT OEM light assemblies?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 01-10-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully the tooling will end up in the hands of someone who will actually produce them, like The Fiero Store!
Until then...We wait with bated breath.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will NOT comment except this.....I truly think these will NEVER be produced in any way shape or form.

my 2 cents
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I FAR I:

Greetings, I am a bit confused and would appreciate some help in understanding this potential product fully.

Are these tail-lights supposed to be of the entire assembly units with the bulb housings, clips etc., as seen in post #1; except they will be a 1 piece unit, that will have the amber, red and black colours, plus 'PONTIAC' script and black accents lines?

Or are they going to be only the coloured lenses (1 piece) as described above with a possible option to purchase just un-coloured, un-scripted, (1 piece) clear lenses that will cover Fastback GT OEM light assemblies?

Thanks.

Neither. They are potentially only for the outer lens, not the gray plastic portion with the clips, not the yellow or red parts, JUST the outer lens.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All the tooling has been sold. I was compensated for my time put in at home and get to keep my job. This was the best possible outcome. I don't know who bought them, but they paid a hefty price.

I'm sorry... but this whole GT tail light saga has become the PFF version of miracle carburetors and 100 MPG cars.
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess all of us that need taillights will go back to watching ebay like hawks and paying small fortunes.. what a buzz kill..
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm sorry... but this whole GT tail light saga has become the PFF version of miracle carburetors and 100 MPG cars.

You could be right and I thought that way in the beginning. Now i am inclined to believe the Slammed side of the story.
1. Pictures were posted of the progress
2. It was reported that the molds were sold. Whoever purchased them would be looking to sell the parts that would be made from them. Otherwise why would anyone buy them, unless it was GM who was out to kill the project but then again, you could always get a license to reproduce them.

If you put 2 and 2 together, the only source of Fiero parts that would have the money and audience to sell these GT taillight lenses would be the Fiero Store. If we see product by summer then I am correct. If not then Patrick is correct and maybe someone will start to reproduce the fiberglass light panels again that uses the C4 Corvette lenses..

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope that Slammed at least got a taste of the "substantial amount" that was paid for the molds. I also hope you're right that TFS (or someone like them) was the buyer. TFS would probably be the best because they already have a license on this product, or at least did. That would be the next issue that could derail this project. IF Slammed (or the company she was representing) was selling unlicensed GM reproduction parts it could lead to legal issues. The General may have abandoned the Fiero decades ago, and even Pontiac itself since then, but I have already gone down this road with them--- they DEFINITELY still want a taste of anything that is reproduced for the Fiero. It's one thing to produce relatively generic parts, or modified versions of OE parts, but if you're going to reproduce parts WITH the brand name on them, I would be stunned if GM left you alone for any length of time.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For anyone who has followed this journey from the get-go, it all just seems so odd. The first post of the first thread appeared on 04-20-2015. Seven months later, on 11-14-2015, three pictures were finally posted of what appear to be prototype lenses.

There have now been a total of 676 posts in two seperate threads. Amongst those posts were many unfulfilled promises of future updates with pictures. Other than the three pictures previously mentioned, nothing else ever materialized.

And now the story has taken yet another bizarre turn.

It's all very mysterious.

Perhaps this is something for Coast to Coast AM to investigate?
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is there to investigate? The last time I had promised pictures was the day I went in to do tinting and my boss brought me in for a talk about share, seeing as how we were essentially ready. You aren't behind the scenes, is it that hard to understand I was operating on the forum the way I was told?

I threw a huge fit, threatened to sue them, brought my attorney to work and almost lost my job. It was either pay me half, or sell it all, but the price they wanted for WHAT I BUILT was too high. Instead, they were sold to a third party and I took a very large lump for all my time.

You very obviously do not understand the extent of tooling just to get what you called "prototype" lenses. You don't do all that and just say "phuck it" without a good reason.

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 01-13-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You aren't behind the scenes, is it that hard to understand I was operating on the forum the way I was told?

By whom... your boss?

The last time I had promised pictures was the day I went in to...

I'm not going through umpteen pages of posts to find them, but promises of updates/pictures were made numerous times by you, with nothing ever being posted (except for the one time). If you were indeed following orders from your boss in regards to what you could show us, then IMO you should never have been making the promises you couldn't keep.

You very obviously do not understand the extent of tooling just to get what you called "prototype" lenses.

I'm the first to admit it... there's a lot about this whole story I don't understand.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-13-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I can't fix your brain. It's all there in black and white for you to read. You are choosing not to believe for no reason at all other than to just be an ass. But hey, you got what you wanted. I am not selling tail lights. Congratulations
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I can't fix your brain. It's all there in black and white for you to read. You are choosing not to believe for no reason at all other than to just be an ass. But hey, you got what you wanted. I am not selling tail lights. Congratulations.

I've been addressing you in a respectful manner. You continue to be evasive. Tell me... who's really being the "ass" here?

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evasive how? You haven't asked a question

and it's you. Definitely you.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Evasive how? You haven't asked a question

and it's you. Definitely you.

Believe me when I say it is all of us.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed tried.
Give it a rest, or go build them yourself.
IMO
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amen!
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had a chat with the gentleman that purchased the molds going over everything he is going to need. He was under the impression he would be able to use a shop vacuum and infrared lamps to make these, I don't know what idea was sold to him. From what I can tell, this won't be happening for a long time. He is going to need an actual thermofoming setup that can achieve real vacuum.

I'll be around making other things but taking a lesson from this and keeping it to myself. At least I can do it on my own. Hopefully I haven't made too horrible of an impression. I tried my best :/

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 01-13-2016).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Slammed! Thanks for trying. Don't let the detractors get under your skin, and don't worry about trying to defend yourself. Success is often preceded by many set-backs.
If there's a new 'partnership' venture brewing, let us know AFTER it works out well !

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 01-13-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Give it a rest, or go build them yourself.

Thank-you for your input, but I'll continue to express myself in this forum as I see fit. If I break any PFF rules of conduct, please let me know.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock