Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Danyel
Started on: 01-10-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 350 (7233 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2014 08:07 PM
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who needs sleep anyways. I would not be as happy if I didn't have my car up in Frazee with me. And it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was able to take only a few of the components off the motor to get the cradle to swing down to get at the break. Why it broke I am not sure. I know there are a lot of Fieros with a lot more horses behind it than mine.

Welded and put back together.

My car should be ready for Frazee now
IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first few years we would eat at JP's. Is there a reason that we can not do that for the Thursday Caravan? There are going to be a lot of people on the road from early in the morning, and I am sure going to want to stop somewhere to eat. Either at the MSP end or around Sauk River and JP's area.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The first few years we would eat at JP's. Is there a reason that we can not do that for the Thursday Caravan? There are going to be a lot of people on the road from early in the morning, and I am sure going to want to stop somewhere to eat. Either at the MSP end or around Sauk River and JP's area.

We wont be at JP's until almost 2pm and as someone who is getting on the road at 4:30 am, I will want to eat way before that. As mentioned on the last page there are tons of food options at the Maple Grove stop. Those from Chicago should be hitting that stop a little early and we will grab something there.

Thursday Caravan

Group from Chicago Area - Meet at Road Ranger 7500 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park IL 6am
- cornersonrails
- mrfred8 / zmcdonal

Meet up with everyone else at Super America 13820 Grove Dr Maple Grove, MN 55311 at 12:30 PM
- 1984Whitesc / JohnWPB
- Vernon8360
- Synthesis / IslandCat
- Rarew66 / Annette
- seajai

Quick stop around 1:45pm at JP's 1313 2nd St N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 to pick up
- Mr and Mrs. Kev & Lisa

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-20-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, we'll just fend for ourselves then. Just was thinking it would have been nice to have lunch together.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like many people are planning on getting to the area for the 12:30 stop early and grabbing lunch there. If someone wants to pick a nearby place and as many people as possible can try getting there at noon.

http://www.mapquest.com/?ve...23be6194cdddaa99ab3c
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good. I will be in MN on Tuesday, a bit early, so can meet at anytime on Thursday

I have a couple more things for the raffle:

1) Mr. Mikes certificate for a pair of leather sun visors for the Fiero
2) 10 keychain flashlights with a Fiero Logo on them.
3) 2x $30 gift certificates for FieroStuff.com Fiero Reproduction Stickers
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need help for a Fiero friend ....from anyone headin to Frazee ......
My friend Fierogtx has posted wanted parts (see links below) If anyone has these items bring them to Fazee I will buy them and bring them back for him Quebec side .... if anyone bring one of these items I will cross out the link in red ................ many thanks for helping out a fiero friend.

Danyel

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069565.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069572.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069602.html

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

My car should be ready for Frazee now

Great to hear!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Houston --- we are T-Minus 8 hrs ...... Widow is on the the lauchpad and the main carrier module is fueled and ready. All systems are go in 08:00:00 and counting ......

Will post on lift off ....... see ya in Frazee !!!!!!

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Houston --- we are T-Minus 8 hrs ...... Widow is on the the lauchpad and the main carrier module is fueled and ready. All systems are go in 08:00:00 and counting ......

Will post on lift off ....... see ya in Frazee !!!!!!

Sweet! See you Friday
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than 3 days to go for the Thursday caravan

Latest weather forecast for Frazee:

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 07-21-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still hoping to get to my first Frazee outing Saturday. need to put the axles back in (both had torn boots) got the last replacement boot on today. Need to pick up a trailer this Friday to load up with stuff to take to my daughter in Champaign Illinois sunday to help get some work done on her house to get ready to rent it out. so timing will be everything. In case I don't get there here's my car.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1983 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm out of time for finishing the Teardrop for the trip this weekend...
I'll be hauling it up with one new and shiny side, and one weather and water rotted side.

Either way, I'll be there.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 coupe will finally make it this year. I have been taking some long trip with it with out any incidents. (knock on wood) Its by no means a show winner. I still have to figure out why the dash doesn't light up, but I have a temporary solution to solve that problem.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I still have to figure out why the dash doesn't light up, but I have a temporary solution to solve that problem.

I bet it is either, drive during daytime, or a flashlight
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, all packed and ready to go to the airport in 6 hours! If the answer to his dash lights IS a flashlight, I hope I don't have to hold it the whole trip while he drives!

Oh, Nellie..... How big is the quilt this year.... I just want to make sure that I have enough room in my suitcase for it

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

I bet it is either, drive during daytime, or a flashlight

I was lucky to find a little light that attaches to the visor of my hat. I just stuck that on the tilt steering handle. Lines up perfectly. I just hope Chris (synthesis) and I can figure this out... that is if he is willing

I am packed and ready to go.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 07-22-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was lucky to find a little light that attaches to the visor of my hat. I just stuck that on the tilt steering handle. Lines up perfectly. I just hope Chris (synthesis) and I can figure this out... that is if he is willing

I am packed and ready to go.

I'm sure you'll have lots of helpers working on the fix
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

That would be the key!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, that may be what he's worried about.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are now in North Bay Ontario .... stopped for dinner..... roads between Ottawa and Sudbury are krap!!!! with lots of construction....
Will post once at our first leg of the trip Sault Ste-Marie ......
regards
Danyel
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

That would be the key!

Key! Key? Did someone mention "key"?
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vernon8360

1106 posts
Member since Feb 2008

Originally posted by Danyel:

We are now in North Bay Ontario .... stopped for dinner..... roads between Ottawa and Sudbury are krap!!!! with lots of construction....
Will post once at our first leg of the trip Sault Ste-Marie ......
regards
Danyel

Safe trip, my friend.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Key! Key? Did someone mention "key"?

I dont have it ...... or do I ???
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 88 coupe will finally make it this year. I have been taking some long trip with it with out any incidents. (knock on wood) Its by no means a show winner. I still have to figure out why the dash doesn't light up, but I have a temporary solution to solve that problem.

I am glad it is finally making it
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are now in Sault Ste Marie Canadian side ...... the trip has been very long (1270 km) we are going to bed now ..... tomorrow small trip 630 km to Deluth Minnesota
We are VERY happy to be going at the 5th and see our old friends ..... more tomorrow
Helene & Danyel

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright... Going to get rolling north Thursday, likely around noon. Getting fresh rubber mounted on my motorcycle that morning.

My trip is right about 1100 miles each way. Currently looking for a way to cut that ride down over two days. Tenting it up is the plan unless anyone caravaning on a similar route would mind a mad motorcycling vagabond crashing a couch for a few hours until they lift off themselves. I'm up for an adventure

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Alright... Going to get rolling north Thursday, likely around noon. Getting fresh rubber mounted on my motorcycle that morning.

My trip is right about 1100 miles each way. Currently looking for a way to cut that ride down over two days. Tenting it up is the plan unless anyone caravaning on a similar route would mind a mad motorcycling vagabond crashing a couch for a few hours until they lift off themselves. I'm up for an adventure

Thats quite a ride, I think you'll be the first long haul to Frazee on a cycle
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone pick a lunch spot for Thursday caravan http://www.mapquest.com/?ve...4b96d2df6890dbef1920 . We (the chicago contingent) will try to be there around noon.

(my vote would be Burger King since it should be quick and is closest)

Kev - Are we still meeting you at JP's?

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-23-2014).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so glad you are making the trek up north!!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all !! We are now in Duluth ..... will check in the Pernham Super8 at noon.. and head out right after to camp Shipman to unload the Widow.... not sure where to welcome the thursday caravan.... maybe just wait for them at the camp ..... will see tomorrow
G'night
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats quite a ride, I think you'll be the first long haul to Frazee on a cycle

It'll be rough as hell, I'm thinking. I don't have a cruiser and I've got to find a place to stash a ton of caffeine-infused beverage and etc to keep me going Probably end up doing a dozen pushups at every fuel stop to keep myself getting too relaxed Nah, I'm too lazy for that.

The difficult part will be packing the things I require for sleep and personal hygiene. I'll smell like a recently deceased ape when I arrive.

Originally posted by nellieship:

so glad you are making the trek up north!!

Been planning it for a while. Just had the fortune to get things lined up in time this year

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-23-2014).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's 11:20 PM, I just finished putting sides on the trailer and making a tarp to cover our stuff. Gotta get up early and pack, load the trailer, give the car the once-over to make sure it's good, cut the grass, take down the garbage cans.......I'm sure I'm forgetting something.. and be on the road by 11:30 to meet the caravan......sure wish I had more time to get ready for this . Or maybe I need to stop putting things off until the last minute

Can't wait to see everyone again!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be seeing you guys tomorrow.
We finished getting everything together tonight, made our lists for packing stuff and we'll be loading in the morning.

SO... EXCITED!
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nine hours and counting
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew this would happen....been up since 2:45am. To excited and eager to get going.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

I knew this would happen....been up since 2:45am. To excited and eager to get going.

wasn't too long after you that i woke up! man i hate when that happens LOL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Been planning it for a while. Just had the fortune to get things lined up in time this year

I just PM'd you ..if you can get to here by about 11,
2270 Nw 46th St, Owatonna, MN 55060 (Exit 45 on I35) (Kwik Trip station)
I am meeting a few others and we will caravan up to Eden Prairie near GTGeffs to the official FRIDAY CARAVAN... meeting point.
16200 Berger Dr Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Meeting at 12:30, we will leave there When everyone arrives or at 1 at the latest.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-24-2014).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sitting at truck stop about two hours from Chicago... Had a redbull. How's everyone else's travels going?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we're sitting around the campfire havin a beer waiting on you.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-24-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock