Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Danyel
Started on: 01-10-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 350 (7233 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2014 08:07 PM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
You are driving your Fiero, with the LS.. right?

Yes, according to my GPS the drive to the twin cities is about 7h 30min. We are planning on hitting the road at 5:00am so we should be there around 12:30-1:00pm

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-27-2014).]

IP: Logged
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is everyone getting excited? ( bump, back to page 1 )
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Is everyone getting excited? ( bump, back to page 1 )

Nah... not really.......

well.....

ok....

HURRY UP ALREADY! It's still a month away, and time is CRAWLING!

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me and the wife will be heading up on Thursday ...the group heading up then want to meet at the bar and grill in Sauk Rapids again?

------------------

2014 Chevy Camaro LT/RS
2009 Chevy HHR LT
1989 Pontiac Sunbird LE coupe
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C II still in donor car
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto - getting stripped
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd - wifes
1984 Fiero Indy #1098

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 06-30-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thursday Caravan

Group from Chicago Area - Meet at Road Ranger 7500 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park IL 6am
- cornersonrails
- fieroguy123 / Stephanie
- mrfred8 / zmcdonal

Meet up with everyone else at Super America 13820 Grove Dr Maple Grove, MN 55311 at 12:30 PM
- 1984Whitesc / JohnWPB
- Vernon8360
- Synthesis / IslandCat
- Rarew66 / Annette
- seajai

Quick stop around 1:45pm at JP's 1313 2nd St N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 to pick up
- Kev / Lisa

Does this look to everyone? Anyone else for the Thursday Caravan? All the cool kids are doing it.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-30-2014).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thursday Caravan

Group from Chicago Area - Meet at Road Ranger 7500 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park IL 6am
- cornersonrails
- fieroguy123 / Stephanie
- mrfred8 / zmcdonal

Meet up with everyone else at Super America 13820 Grove Dr Maple Grove, MN 55311 at 12:30 PM
- 1984Whitesc / JohnWPB
- Vernon8360
- Synthesis / IslandCat
- Rarew66 / Annette
- seajai

Quick stop around 1:45pm at JP's 1313 2nd St N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 to pick up
- Kev / Lisa

Does this look to everyone? Anyone else for the Thursday Caravan? All the cool kids are doing it.

Looks good to me. However.....there are a couple road construction project happening on I-94

From MNDot website:
"I-94 in Greater Minnesota
I-94 in Monticello
Description: Reconstruct I-94 between Hwy 25 and County Rd 18, reconstruct and reconfigure ramps at Hwy 25/eastbound I-94, add auxiliary lane to westbound I-94 between County Rd 18 and Hwy 25
Construction Dates: April-Nov 2014"
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/monti/

AND

"I-94 from Rogers to St. Michael
Description: Install capacity improvements between Hwy 101 and Hwy 241, widen Crow River bridges. Design-Build project.
Construction Dates: July 2014-Oct 2015
Traffic Impacts: lane and ramp closures
Traffic Impacts: Narrow lanes, lane shifts and closures, ramp closures and detours"
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/i94/index.html

Noontime traffic probably won't be too bad through there and looks like the projects end at St. Michael

25 days and counting.........

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 06-30-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Looks good to me. However.....there are a couple road construction project happening on I-94

From MNDot website:
"I-94 in Greater Minnesota
I-94 in Monticello
Description: Reconstruct I-94 between Hwy 25 and County Rd 18, reconstruct and reconfigure ramps at Hwy 25/eastbound I-94, add auxiliary lane to westbound I-94 between County Rd 18 and Hwy 25
Construction Dates: April-Nov 2014"
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/monti/

AND

"I-94 from Rogers to St. Michael
Description: Install capacity improvements between Hwy 101 and Hwy 241, widen Crow River bridges. Design-Build project.
Construction Dates: July 2014-Oct 2015
Traffic Impacts: lane and ramp closures
Traffic Impacts: Narrow lanes, lane shifts and closures, ramp closures and detours"
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/i94/index.html

Noontime traffic probably won't be too bad through there and looks like the projects end at St. Michael

25 days and counting.........

Thanks for the construction update. When things get closer you locals can decide if we want to cut up thru Elk River to miss some of that. Doesn't look like it will impact the meeting points.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else know yet if they are heading up Friday?
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i may just come up for the show on Saturday.
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, anyone out there who was at the indy show last year see the really cool coffee mugs they were selling? I can post a pic if you don't know what I'm talking about. Chris L said he could get some of these made which will sport our 5th annual logo. the purchase price is a little higher at $20 though. I am hesitant to order these unless I know I have people interested in them. Any thoughts or interest on this?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would prefer a wine glass to a coffee cup any day!

Sorry, not much of a coffee drinker here.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I would prefer a wine glass to a coffee cup any day!

Sorry, not much of a coffee drinker here.

But drinking wine out of a wine glass at 6am may get you dirty looks, drinking it out of a coffee mug and no second glances

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it just had the logo from the top of the carshow page, or even the forever in our hearts sticker design, so they arent tied to the one show, they could then even sell over a period of years?

Personally I'd love one that even had the original T-shirt design from 2009 that said The Tyler Project on the other side of the mug.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If it just had the logo from the top of the carshow page, or even the forever in our hearts sticker design, so they arent tied to the one show, they could then even sell over a period of years?

Personally I'd love one that even had the original T-shirt design from 2009 that said The Tyler Project on the other side of the mug.

I'd buy a couple...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-02-2014).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But drinking wine out of a wine glass at 6am may get you dirty looks, drinking it out of a coffee mug and no second glances

I like how you think lol.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry Jeff, I DON'T like the way you think.... As who says I am going to be up at SIX AM drinking anything! Anyhow, at Camp Shipman, I doubt anyone would judge anyone for drinking wine with breakfast! LOL! (Just not at 6 am before the sun comes up!)
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Sorry Jeff, I DON'T like the way you think.... As who says I am going to be up at SIX AM drinking anything! Anyhow, at Camp Shipman, I doubt anyone would judge anyone for drinking wine with breakfast! LOL! (Just not at 6 am before the sun comes up!)

Six AM in Minnesota is SEVEN AM in Florida.
You'll be up. Get the mug.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Six AM in Minnesota is SEVEN AM in Florida.
You'll be up. Get the mug.

Ok you have a point there. Put me down for a mug...just don't go asking what I have in it
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still looking for raffle prizes for camp shipman if anyone has anything laying around
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
who has an original pic of the body build crew group shot after they were done in gray's shop they can send me asap? dshipman@loretel.net
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

still looking for raffle prizes for camp shipman if anyone has anything laying around

Wiil have LOW Profile 90mm buckets or 4 x 6 Buckets.... winner will choose which and also 2 LED DIY KITS.... for your raffle.
Regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

who has an original pic of the body build crew group shot after they were done in gray's shop they can send me asap? dshipman@loretel.net

I do but can only send tonight I'm on the train heading home...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Wiil have LOW Profile 90mm buckets or 4 x 6 Buckets.... winner will choose which and also 2 LED DIY KITS.... for your raffle.
Regards
Danyel

Sweeeeet
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I do but can only send tonight I'm on the train heading home...

please do if you dont mind. Jason asked about getting another etched pic for the raffle. i reached out to the photographer and she might be willing. last year we used the pic that we took after the first parade but if i can use that pic of all the guys by the car in grays garage it would be pretty nostalgic also

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

please do if you dont mind. Jason asked about getting another etched pic for the raffle. i reached out to the photographer and she might be willing. last year we used the pic that we took after the first parade but if i can use that pic of all the guys by the car in grays garage it would be pretty nostalgic also

OH yeah it would
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am bringing a couple of complete sticker sets for the Fiero, as well as a few custom Fiero T-Shirts to raffle off.

You have an email.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nellieship, check your E-Mail, I sent one that I think is what you want
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

@nellieship here is a link to two best pics .. they are too large to send email click on the link then right-click picture and Save
regards
Danyel

Pic 1

Pic 2
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
working on the raffle Fiero logo quilt today and added a special touch since it is the 5th and this is probably my last raffle quilt - a cancer awareness ribbon made from Tyler's jeans. I have never opened up this raffle to those not actually at our house, but if you would like to get in on this and arent coming to the show PM me and buy tickets. tickets are $1 a piece at the house, but if you are doing it via paypal and not coming I am requesting a $10 (or 10 ticket) minimum. I'll pay for shipping to the winner. Besides the fiero quilt - which im sure one of the past winners has a pic of one somewhere - there are a couple gift certificates from rock auto, gift cert from fiero store and fiero store merchandise, gift cert for window sails, and possibly some other misc merchandise. not a huge amount of stuff, but of course all for a good cause

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll donate a full set of inner and outer dew wipes to the raffle, plus installation of said dew wipes on the winner's car if desired (as long as the car is at camp Shipman ).
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still planning on making it somehow or another. May end up throwing a tent over my saddlebags and riding up on the bike.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Still planning on making it somehow or another. May end up throwing a tent over my saddlebags and riding up on the bike.

Whatever it takes to get there!

Just a note if anyone else needs a ride. Please let me know soon! I am coming from south Florida, and I have room for roughly another 258 people! (And it is 100% legal to drink on the way!)

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
258 people! How's that?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

258 people! How's that?

Airplane

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha. He's not coming in an empty widebody plane. It'd be big enough, though.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
say guys... retracting the whole "if you want to buy in on a chance to win the quilt thing." you need to show up to participate so i don't run into any gambling rules issues

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

I'll donate a full set of inner and outer dew wipes to the raffle, plus installation of said dew wipes on the winner's car if desired (as long as the car is at camp Shipman ).

Man the Widow would need a set ...... huuuummmm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

working on the raffle Fiero logo quilt today and added a special touch since it is the 5th and this is probably my last raffle quilt - a cancer awareness ribbon made from Tyler's jeans.

Very cool idea.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the heck was this doing on page 2. Just over 2 weeks away. Make sure you check out the Thursday and Friday caravans, always more fun to travel with friends.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6DLpe8xNE

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-09-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay