Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 8)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, there is a fella parting out a gt in Michigan and it has basically 90 percent of the missing stuff we need he sent you a pm.
Can anybody take a few pics of the back side of the fuse block? I have a few wires that I just cannot figure out due to them being cut off and extended with another. one is orange with black stripe and another is red that comes off one of the 3 power accessory ports.
IP: Logged
oldbikeracer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldbikeracerClick Here to visit oldbikeracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to oldbikeracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do not know a source for the blinker fluid. Muffler grease is easy. Go to your local pond and follow the geese around, they will leave some white deposits on the ground. Collect these deposits until you have a good supply. It will need no further processing, use full strength for best results.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, Offer has ben PM'd. Let's proceed. I will paypal Archie for the choptop triangles you need as well. That should get things cooking!!!!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Rob, Offer has ben PM'd. Let's proceed. I will paypal Archie for the choptop triangles you need as well. That should get things cooking!!!!

John, did you get my P.M.????

Steve
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wish I knew how to do body work, but I'm pretty good with everything else. I would just be sitting there watching you or asking what to do the whole time lol
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so this post is just for Mark, once we getthe parts car these are the things i want off of it so I can move forward even faster.

1. the entire interior including dash and wire harnesses
2. the battery tray.
3. the trunk carpet if its in good shape otherwise I have stuff I bought to make it but its black.
4. Tim is sending me the lower parts of the sail window trim so I can get started with that when the Archie parts come
5. the passenger side mirror if it is power
6. pictures of the wire harness before you pull it out of car next to the steering column and the white junction block on the firewall so I know were it all plugs in.
7. the steering column and then I will give you one of the ones here to put back in it so it can be steered around your place.
the switches on the brake pedal I have the light switch but I think there may be another for the cruise? take a pic of the bracket about pedal too.
8. bring me Popeye's chicken I am fat bald and hungry.
9. number 8. is really important
10 . so is 9.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Friends in Michigan around grand rapids!!!! we need some help!!!!! We are obviously getting a second parts car and could use a little help getting it here, I would if possible set up a relay between here and Milwaukee to minimize the fuel cost and time to transport the car. so, could anybody in the area with a car trailer possibly pick it up and get it to lower Michigan and then possibly meet someone there to get it a little farther say Chicago area/ v-8 Archie area and then mark meet them say maybe there to go the rest of the way? or something of the sorts? it would be really appreciated if we could do some kind of relay.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

John, did you get my P.M.????

Steve

Steve, engine on hold for just a bit, I will call you.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by scott0999:

wish I knew how to do body work, but I'm pretty good with everything else. I would just be sitting there watching you or asking what to do the whole time lol

That everything else we need, want to play with some wires?
nutherproject68

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics of the donor car that I have. The car sat outside for 6 years and got hit during that time so it looks a bit rough:

The ratchet strap is keeping the sunroof watertight. It latch somehow broke while we were getting the car off the trailer.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nutherproject68:

Here are some pics of the donor car that I have. The car sat outside for 6 years and got hit during that time so it looks a bit rough:

The ratchet strap is keeping the sunroof watertight. It latch somehow broke while we were getting the car off the trailer.

I went over to look at the car. I noticed a lot of good parts on the car. Tim commented that it had rear defrost. I saw some parts I could use for my car. LOL

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-23-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I went over to look at the car. I noticed a lot of good parts on the car. Tim commented on how good the glass looked for the year of the car. I saw some parts I could use for my car. LOL

If what you need is something we do not make a offer on the parts? John will need to recover as much of the cost in getting this car as possible so once the parts we need are off it the rest will be up for sale.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for splash guards.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I am looking for splash guards.

pm sent
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

I have a few wires that I just cannot figure out due to them being cut off and extended with another. one is orange with black stripe and another is red that comes off one of the 3 power accessory ports.

I tried taking a few photo's of the back of the fuse block, and you really can not see where anything is going. The bundle going in just block where the wires end up going. I shot a HD video with my Galaxy S3 phone, and hope it is of some help. I figured moving it around you can see different angles, and pause the video when you see something that you were looking for. I hope it helps!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool without even pressing play on the vid I see that pesky orange with black stripe wire!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a bunch of bonding today!! all the trim fiberglass parts are glued and screwed!! the decklid scoop is also bonded! now once the bumper and hips get here I can plow threw the rest of the work!!! fun fun! i would take pics but its too dark and raining now.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HIP SURGERY!!!!!!
First cut is always the nervous one!! Naw I got this so the series of cuts you are about to see is to remove the existing skin.

Here is the new hip from the corner to the inside corner were you cut on old one.

OFF with ye hips!

OK now that we have the hip off we need to change a few things with the bonding surface

The hips come with this front filler piece already molded in, Cut it out so you can see down the inside of the hip to check your bonding surface.

First sand off all the old glue and on the top bonding surface sand it down on a 45% angle about a half inch wide to change the angle of the bonding surface to match the round back of the new hips, factory parts were press molded so they were square and you have to account for the hand laid glass in areas so fit grind fit grind as many times as it takes.

were the bonding surface rounds up for the sail panel will have to be modified a bit if you are using these with a choptop

right in the corner make a cut along the vertical surface you will understand later on

cut the screw and rivet surfaces off the bonding surface, they come on the new hips also make sure you bevel undercut it when you do to make a angled surface to bond to the new hip due to the new hips having rounded internal corners.

Try a dry fit at this point it will be close but needs more cuts yet

Before you remove the original hip, take note of the gap here and make a spacer to set the new hip with

the back edge will not line up, this is the very first set of these hips remember so a bit if tweaking will nee dto be done. the front of the hip overlaps the bottom surface about a 1/8 to quarter inch to allow the rocker panel top to fit into flush, use the front of the hip to set were it goes with a rocker vent scoop area thingy in place.

There will be a bit of a gap at the back side bonding area, that is not a problem as the hips are now wider this gap is kinda nice actually now I can get a nice bed of glue up under there.

temporarily clamp it down in a few spots and fit the c pillar if you Have a chop, if you have a bubble top just fit the cut line a bit.

With all this going on with a choptop and hip changes I reccomend having the new chop top trim parts to help set everything in place as you fit stuff so you know they fit once everything is bonded.

If you did it right, it should all hold itself together without any glue! here is a nice preview of what it sorta looks like!

One thing to note, on the back lower corners of the bonding surface cut it off at a angle a bit, it will help with the hip fitting. I will take more pics as I do the final fit before bonding. Also, I plan on using a bonding strip on the back sides of the panels between the parts like the factory did on corvettes.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woah, those look sharp! Keep up the good work lads!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I can not wait to see this car completed! I wish I could help.

You can always help...by sending good vibes! Just keep the positive thoughts going whether it is my car, yours, or anothers that are encountering trouble. help others were you can and cheer on those that help others when they do. It's all good!!!!
PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is destined to be a trophy winner. I imagine that it will be a hit at the Fiero 35th (where ever that will be).
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

This car is destined to be a trophy winner. I imagine that it will be a hit at the Fiero 35th (where ever that will be).

LOL I hope so!!! it is looking bad ass even as rough as it is in it's present state!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
How about a few pics!!!!!!
Tonight I bonded the rear hips! as I type they are drying and I am nervous as hell I hope they stay put till the glue dries!!!!!!!

86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's the like button? This is some awesome stuff.. keep up the awesome work and progress

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checked the bonding glue and it is finally setting up! grrr sick of the cold I need to rewind time a few weeks!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh glue only tacked up so I have to leave my new clamps on overnight but, things are looking ok so far. I droped the decklid to se if things were close to lined up and so far so good!

Ok that's it for a few days!! rain coming!!!!! time for bed!
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by oldbikeracer:

Do not know a source for the blinker fluid. Muffler grease is easy. Go to your local pond and follow the geese around, they will leave some white deposits on the ground. Collect these deposits until you have a good supply. It will need no further processing, use full strength for best results.

http://kalecoauto.com/ has the blinker fluid but carry muffler bearings instead of grease.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Why wait for the 35th? Bring it down here at the end of March for the Daytona Beach Fiero Show!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know a lot of people dont know how to, or the improtance of, checking and maintaining your blinker fluid levels. Here is a quick DIY on the proper procedure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkHqPXwNZ4

The Rottinchop will run sealed blinkers so no checks required!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-03-2013).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HIP SURGERY!!!!!!

Did y'all get the first set?
I certainly hope so. Would be poetic justice if that were the case.

Either way... Looking good!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

YUP number 1 all bonded and now figuring out how to make the gas door work being the area is wider now
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Hey John you forgot about the muffler bearings!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-03-2013).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I made absolutely certain that Johnny received the very first set out of the molds.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I made absolutely certain that Johnny received the very first set out of the molds.

I kind of figured that was the case.
Good on ya'!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went out and did a little work between the rain drops tonight, I final fit the right hand c pillar and temp bonded it in to see how it looks. Tomorrow if I t's not raining I will bond it in all the way and do the fiberglass right away.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are some sexy hips! Darn...forgot about those muffler bearings though. She is looking good now. Can't wait to see her with nose, tail, and everything in between.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just about vaporized my sand paper supply grrr will need more but anyway, here are some pics! got a bit farther today but finally had to end. It is getting too damn cold here!! and the lack of daylight is really starting to suck!

Rough shaping the C pillars and making the channel I set my style sail window in

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just about vaporized my sand paper supply grrr will need more but anyway, here are some pics! got a bit farther today but finally had to end. It is getting too damn cold here!! and the lack of daylight is really starting to suck!

Rough shaping the C pillars and making the channel I set my style sail window in

I Should Have Gave You The Sand Paper I Have In My Basement.

Steve
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Teaser Pic from Rob:

Pssst, Rob....I don't think that is where the armrests bolt on.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-07-2013).]

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock