Bump and long overdue update!!!!! Work has been slow over the last few months as it is still winter here but, the car is I would safely say 80% percent done now. Today I got a bunch more interior done adding the seat belts and tucking and fitting wire bundles in places that they didn't exist before the 3800 went in. Sail panels are pre fabed and waiting for warm weather to install, sail panel trim pieces are all riveted and bonded now just need to wait for warm weather to paint them and other bits made too. Pretty happy with how it's going together so far and hopefully the weather starts getting nicer so I can pull it out of the garage and have more room to work on it. I think this week I should have the rest of the interior in and them time to modify all the trim plates o their new look. I am on the fence yet about the door panels if I want to leather wrap them or not I might not have enough material so I will explore that in a few more weeks when it warms up so I can do it in the sun when it is best to stretch the leatheret.
Had a bad day with the car, so the gel coat is letting go off the fiberglass in places on the nose and looks like there was lots of air pockets under it in the fiberglass so, we need to repaint it now after the sun hit it for a few hours. . Pissing me off big time. This nose has been a pain in the ass from day one. Hope we have enough paint left to fix it.
[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-30-2016).]
Wow, it is coming along nicely! SImply amazing.....
I would loved to watch the full video, but I could not hear the narration due to the music, and I could not take more than 30 seconds of that "music" before I had to stop it Like a kinder gardener learning to play the flute for the first time, and only knows 5 notes at that hahahh!
I just hate poor fiberglass work, there is no excuse for air entrapment. That bumper came for Whodeani, right? Sucks that you have rework this late in the game...
Even more wide spread than I first noticed. I let it sit out in the sun and every place it has gel coat had same issues. now I am redoing the rear hips, the door tops and the front bumper. Luckily I had removed most of the gel coat off the hips when I added them so it was isolated to a few small spots same with the door tops. As much as it sucks I will not let the car leave here till I am satisfied it would be good enough for me if someone was doing it for me. It will get fixed just a little set back. Since I am grinding down the nose I am really considering adding the missing screw ledge along the top of it that on a stock bumper allows it to be closer to the hood without the hood rubbing on the screws when it opens. On a stock bumper if you look it overlaps the vertical part a bit that attaches to the metal frame. this bumper did not have that extension and to close up the hood gas we had to sacrifice the hood opening all the way to the second latch point. so maybe this was the excuse I needed to fix something that has bugged me from day 1
SO about those pesky 4th weekend milestones.......................
Dash wiring modified for the trani switch
Body parts ready to prime
Hood ready to prime
Nose ready for primer
Rear clip In high build Fill Primer
Rocker scoops left and right In high build fill primer
Nose in high build fill primer
Front fenders in high build fill primer.
I need to primer the roof, hood, back bumper, door skins and engine lid yet. Got too windy and was afraid id over spray the neighborhood so had to stop for the day. These were the biggest concern parts for me tho besides the door skins. There is a ton of pin holes in the gel coat I need to deal with but with the build primer on now it is a lot easier to see and fix before I sand it all down to its final state before paint. Happy Independence day A day late! Was kinda busy with family to post yesterday but here ya go!!
The irony in this post back then I saw some of the problems in the gel coat who knew there was even more hiding...