Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 16)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent taste in color! Needs something to set it off though...hopefully the shiny, big wheels will do that!
IP: Logged
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The paint looks great, it's good to see that you can see light at the end of the tunnel, and know it's not an oncoming train.

Joe.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Protective plastic will come off once permanently installed

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-03-2016).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like what you did with the quarter windows. The "bar" eliminates the need to fold the end over. Great idea!

Nice job. Very.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump and long overdue update!!!!! Work has been slow over the last few months as it is still winter here but, the car is I would safely say 80% percent done now. Today I got a bunch more interior done adding the seat belts and tucking and fitting wire bundles in places that they didn't exist before the 3800 went in. Sail panels are pre fabed and waiting for warm weather to install, sail panel trim pieces are all riveted and bonded now just need to wait for warm weather to paint them and other bits made too. Pretty happy with how it's going together so far and hopefully the weather starts getting nicer so I can pull it out of the garage and have more room to work on it. I think this week I should have the rest of the interior in and them time to modify all the trim plates o their new look. I am on the fence yet about the door panels if I want to leather wrap them or not I might not have enough material so I will explore that in a few more weeks when it warms up so I can do it in the sun when it is best to stretch the leatheret.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long overdue update video style!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-03-2016).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling the corvette tail light panel please help the build and buy it!!! thread in the mall!!!!!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
deleted vid was annoying enough.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-30-2016).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Cool! She is really coming together Rob. Robochop, LOL.

ROTTINCHOP!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh snap!!! I loaded that at midnight and well was a bit tired I will fix it
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jets you rock !
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There fixed it and added corny music!!!!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That music is...corny!
You guys need to see the nose Rob did on this thing!!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

\

Had a bad day with the car, so the gel coat is letting go off the fiberglass in places on the nose and looks like there was lots of air pockets under it in the fiberglass so, we need to repaint it now after the sun hit it for a few hours. . Pissing me off big time. This nose has been a pain in the ass from day one. Hope we have enough paint left to fix it.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-30-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it is coming along nicely! SImply amazing.....

I would loved to watch the full video, but I could not hear the narration due to the music, and I could not take more than 30 seconds of that "music" before I had to stop it Like a kinder gardener learning to play the flute for the first time, and only knows 5 notes at that hahahh!

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!!!
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just hate poor fiberglass work, there is no excuse for air entrapment. That bumper came for Whodeani, right? Sucks that you have rework this late in the game...

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 06-01-2016).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks great. Sorry about the bumper issue. Just think of what you will have soon in your hands. A Nice set of keys to an awesome car.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
Fieronews Shifter boots

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

I just hate poor fiberglass work, there is no excuse for air entrapment. That bumper came for Whodeani, right? Sucks that you have rework this late in the game...

Joe

Even more wide spread than I first noticed. I let it sit out in the sun and every place it has gel coat had same issues. now I am redoing the rear hips, the door tops and the front bumper. Luckily I had removed most of the gel coat off the hips when I added them so it was isolated to a few small spots same with the door tops. As much as it sucks I will not let the car leave here till I am satisfied it would be good enough for me if someone was doing it for me. It will get fixed just a little set back. Since I am grinding down the nose I am really considering adding the missing screw ledge along the top of it that on a stock bumper allows it to be closer to the hood without the hood rubbing on the screws when it opens. On a stock bumper if you look it overlaps the vertical part a bit that attaches to the metal frame. this bumper did not have that extension and to close up the hood gas we had to sacrifice the hood opening all the way to the second latch point. so maybe this was the excuse I needed to fix something that has bugged me from day 1
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

SO about those pesky 4th weekend milestones.......................

Dash wiring modified for the trani switch

Body parts ready to prime

Hood ready to prime

Nose ready for primer

Rear clip In high build Fill Primer

Rocker scoops left and right In high build fill primer

Nose in high build fill primer

Front fenders in high build fill primer.

I need to primer the roof, hood, back bumper, door skins and engine lid yet. Got too windy and was afraid id over spray the neighborhood so had to stop for the day. These were the biggest concern parts for me tho besides the door skins. There is a ton of pin holes in the gel coat I need to deal with but with the build primer on now it is a lot easier to see and fix before I sand it all down to its final state before paint. Happy Independence day A day late! Was kinda busy with family to post yesterday but here ya go!!

The irony in this post back then I saw some of the problems in the gel coat who knew there was even more hiding...
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock