Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Chop top widebody mera project. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chop top widebody mera project. by Custom2M4
Started on: 01-25-2013 03:44 PM
Replies: 264 (17363 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 09-26-2020 04:19 PM
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I’d be very careful about advertising the reproduction of “308-328” kits. Why invite the legal staff of Ferrari to your door. Perhaps if you were producing” Mera Modification Kits” without any mention or use of 308 /328 that are tied to the Ferrari group there would be less chance of legal problems. Let’s face it, that’s why those molds have not seen the light of day for so long.

I was working on the Mera

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

IP: Logged
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ding ding ding. This is why I called it a Choptop widebody Mera Project, not the Choptop Widebody 328 FerrarE project

------------------

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just learning GIMP..

Here is a modified version of EVMRob's Mera rebody. The roof is angled back, extended windshield, integrated bumpers, and new wheels.

original

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-30-2013).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Just learning GIMP..

Here is a modified version of EVMRob's Mera rebody. The roof is angled back, extended windshield, integrated bumpers, and new wheels.

original

Bob

Nice job on the photo chop I use GIMP if you have any questions with how to use GIMP I may be able to help just PM me

------------------

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I’d be very careful about advertising the reproduction of “308-328” kits. Why invite the legal staff of Ferrari to your door. Perhaps if you were producing” Mera Modification Kits” without any mention or use of 308 /328 that are tied to the Ferrari group there would be less chance of legal problems. Let’s face it, that’s why those molds have not seen the light of day for so long.

Indeed!! heavy on the Mera "Modification" side too.
i would like to perserve the Mera collector Market so i/we in the Mera community would not like to see spot on 'Mera" reproductions
and the Wide body covers that, nicely. i only want to keep the Fiero Mera in its special spot in Pontiac history i do love 'em
1987-Mera X ----------------------------1986#6001 ProtoType--------------------------- Mera #8086

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-31-2013).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In due time...

Bob

That's the Koenig Widebody for the Ferrari 308.
There was one on Barret-Jackson:

http://www.barrett-jackson....s.aspx?ln=632&aid=45

The shop that built the one pictured:

http://www.stancenation.com...99s-ferrari-308-gto/

More photos:

http://www.garaget.org/?car=79986

Here's one that may still be for sale:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C161047
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more with ground effects...

Bob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I was working on the Mera

Dude, you got skills.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Dude, you got skills.

Thanks man after doing this one I want one now

------------------

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much of the rear window shows above the decklid on a stock Mera? On my Stinger kit there's only 5-1/2", so if it's similar on the Mera, then dropping the roof 2" to 3" might look great from the side view, but I wonder what a 2-1/2" tall rear window would look like.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a 308 (bought without engine/trans and not on the road yet), and it has a much lower roofline than a Fiero, to the extent that I'm going to have to put significant effort into the seat just to be able to drive it.

A chopped Mera might look almost right next to a real 308.
PFF
System Bot
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the way a chopped fiero looks, but i like the 308 and mera just fine stock. just my .02
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011

Originally posted by Rodney:

I should get serious about making reproduction Mera tail lights.

evm_rob already makes new f308/mera style taillights, i think he charges something like 400.00 a set, basically 100.00 a light. you might pm him rod to make sure tho as i have never bought anything from him. it appears he does very nice work tho.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

How much of the rear window shows above the decklid on a stock Mera? On my Stinger kit there's only 5-1/2", so if it's similar on the Mera, then dropping the roof 2" to 3" might look great from the side view, but I wonder what a 2-1/2" tall rear window would look like.

Thanks for the info on that this is about how much window would be left without modifying the decklid.

and a little more red

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-01-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:
I own a 308 (bought without engine/trans and not on the road yet), and it has a much lower roofline than a Fiero.

That depends on what you consider a "much lower". If you're talking about the distance from the black belt line to the top of the roof, then yes, there's a noticeable difference in height, especially in the door glass. On the other hand, if you mean the overall height of the car, then there's less than a one inch difference in the height of the 308 (44.0" (1120mm)) and a 2" lowered Fiero which is 44.9" tall. Considering these are two different platforms, they're pretty darn close, nevertheless I agree that a mild roof lowering would benefit the appearance of the Mera and Stinger bodies in the side view.

On the other hand, I have a friend with a 308 GTSi and while his car is sleeker from the side view, it's also narrower overall by 3" in the front and rear views. Compared side by each, I find the rebody looks more muscular and lower than the stock bodied real car from these views because it's noticeably wider. That obviously changes when you start adding the extra width like the wide-bodied cars above.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more with ground effects...

Bob

I really like the ground effects on that one ! Did you chop it an inch I think you did but it's hard to tell from that distance?

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

That depends on what you consider a "much lower". If you're talking about the distance from the black belt line to the top of the roof, then yes, there's a noticeable difference in height, especially in the door glass. On the other hand, if you mean the overall height of the car, then there's less than a one inch difference in the height of the 308 (44.0" (1120mm)) and a 2" lowered Fiero which is 44.9" tall. Considering these are two different platforms, they're pretty darn close, nevertheless I agree that a mild roof lowering would benefit the appearance of the Mera and Stinger bodies in the side view.

On the other hand, I have a friend with a 308 GTSi and while his car is sleeker from the side view, it's also narrower overall by 3" in the front and rear views. Compared side by each, I find the rebody looks more muscular and lower than the stock bodied real car from these views because it's noticeably wider. That obviously changes when you start adding the extra width like the wide-bodied cars above.

I mean that I just barely fit in the Fiero with the stock seats (<1" headroom to the sunroof) and I lack 1-2" of headroom in the 308GTS with the stock seat. At stock ride height, the 308 doesn't have particularly slim ground clearance.

So from what you said, a Fiero lowered 2" still doesn't have quite as low a roof line as a 308.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 02-01-2013).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM needs to start making this car!! Love it!

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really surprising myself here. I can't believe that I'm thinking this car is better than the original 308, but I do. I still wouldn't alter a real Ferrari. How fortunate that we have the Mera which can be altered further to make such a beautiful car.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we once knew of a rotted Fiero, with OEM Mera in HI.
wonder if its still there. the car rotted away around the panels from the sea salt and neglect.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0219-1-067236-2.html

i got this too as a side step to the main topic unreal. for sale on ebay at one time

EH??!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-01-2013).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I really like the ground effects on that one ! Did you chop it an inch I think you did but it's hard to tell from that distance?

Thanx...Yes, I lowered the back of the roof about an inch, but left the glass the same height. I was looking to tear-drop the back, more like the 308. I wish I had a better picture from Rob, but that's the best I had.
Anyway, It's kind of what I want to do when I get my re-body.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

i got this too as a side step to the main topic unreal. for sale on ebay at one time

EH??!!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-078407.html

The strut tower tops in the above pics are my work. Vastly improved the suspension performance compared to the original hack job.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a side mera picture without the deck lid or with the deck lid up? I'm curious what it looks like with the hips removed.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the mera with the rear decklid removed from the side view wont change the look of the car. on a 308 or stinger yes, but not on a mera.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Seriously, you know it's a problem when people start using rear Ferrari or 1/20 scale Ferrari in a thread were no Mera's are posted. Major failure right there.

Says the guy with the C6 headlights....
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

the mera with the rear decklid removed from the side view wont change the look of the car. on a 308 or stinger yes, but not on a mera.

^^agreed!^^
the "tri-angles" if thats what you refer to as the "Hips" are a seperate peice, but i think its glued on the roof something major.
so that would be something someone would only know/see if they were to do a whole Mera restoration

which i have someone in mind....wonder if they love taking pictures as much as i do
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like my mera much better than the fcar it represents. i dont care that its not an exact spot on replica. i can customize it into what i want and it does not cost me a fortune. 1987 pontiac mera, gm 2010 5.3 L33 HO aluminum ls v8, f23 fy1 2010 cobalt trans, cradle out of car currently for custom mounts all around. custom afco adjustable billet coilovers on all fours, fcar f430 19" wheels and tires, fcar f430/f355 4 piston brembos on all fours, still needs lotsa bodywork. only rough in done. interior is immaculate, low miles car. under 60k miles if i remember right, have to go look to be exact. i had big big plans in the beginning, but now just want it to run/drive and be simple... also took the sunroof roof clip off and made it a solid roof, so know its gtb like. also eliminated the mera gts style sail panels and am re engineering a lexan window to represent the similar of the gtb sail glass. also made the headlight covers more fcar like. prior owner had already installed new fcar badging all around, prior owner also installed a new fcar leather interior just before i got her, so on...i have subie sti 13" rotors all around on all fours too, crossdrilled with stainless brake hoses for the brembos. subie rotors have the same bolt pattern and very close hat height, works well with the brembos from the fcar. but who cares, build what you want and have fun. less than 5grand in her currently too isnt too bad.

danno, restoration hah...lol more like resurection/rebuild. if it wasnt a documented mera i would not have saved her.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any pictures of your car LeeLizard?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Custom, i apologize but i dont post pics too often. it gets "others" ppl curiousity up on some of my other projects in the background noise of the pics. i have more hobbies than i care to share details about. batouisai has most of my pics as he and i are friends. if he chooses to share with you privately that is fine. i just dont post many up to the forum for personal reasons. and yes to those that say well no pics means no car, whatever i dont care. lol been in the mera world too long to make this stuff up. i can tell you more details about how a mera is built more than anyone else, period. unless you find a corporate concepts employee themselves. but plz custom dont take offense to it at all. i have shared pics before here and it just burns me in the end. i will tell you my mera was crashed beyond belief and held together structurally very well. it was flipped upside down and went down an embankment on its roof. so its a total rebuild of the skin basically. some suspension was hurt, gas tank was punctured, so on. it is now and has been on the back burner for awhile as i lost interest in it a while back. wont sell it, but other hobbies/projects have taken the fore front lately.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
custom i will tell you the pic of the 1/20 scale model you posted has been on my computer for 4 or so yrs and is the vision of my car.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keepin' it fresh..

This is really the style I want to build, with some of the previous images thrown in...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Doing some playing, using Rodney's Mera.

added rear qtr window:

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-11-2013).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keepin' it fresh..

This is really the style I want to build, with some of the previous images thrown in...

Bob

WOW! Any more shots of that, or is it a photoshop??
Very cool!

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... that's a 288 GTO with Cali license plate, and that pit lane is the pit garage at the Fuji Circuit in Japan.

So something is shopped somewhere
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JUST FOR FUN:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:
WOW! Any more shots of that, or is it a photoshop??
Very cool!

I would imagine it's a 3d model, but I don't know for sure. I just found it online...

edit...

Here's a red version:

This may be the original, so I'm going Photoshop instead of model...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-13-2013).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chopped MERA with GFX.

Bob
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a car that I dreamed of from the 80s. Koenig Competition.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody have any idea whatever happened to/with this car? Just curious yaknow Did the owner ever do an engine swap? If so, what did he end up putting in? Is it on the road today?

For 308 lovers, this, IMO, is the best of both worlds: Ferrari styling with American power.

TIA for any info anybody has.

HAGO!
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 007DOUG:

Sage and I (along with my father) traveled in October to bring back kitcar moulds.The moulds were abandoned

These moulds produce kitcar bodies that appear to some folks to as 308 and 328 body lines. To our pleasant surprise there was an interior mould and this add-on widebody kit that appears to have the body lines of the car show in pictures above.

Blueprint of the finished kitcar with widebody kit.

and the real deal

In the distant future Fiero Warehouse will offer the 308, 328, and add-on widebody kit. All the parts we produce from these moulds (including the widebody parts) should also fit the Mera.

As the title of this thread ask "Choptop widebody mera"? We can cover the mera and widebody. The choptop will be upto V8Archie .First Sage and I must figure out these moulds,then clean/repair, then build a kit for ourselves

All I can say is WOW. I don't like the front end, but I love the back end! I would love to see that rear end with a Fiero aero front end... With the wide front fenders...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page