Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21942 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

lol, yea. It said 390 on another run but I let off before the 1/8th and it said 0-60 in 10 seconds.

Have you looked into dynolicious? Not saying it is, but it might be a better resource.
IP: Logged
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see it for Android.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't see it for Android.

Yeah sorry I didn't realize it was just an apple app right now.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have a friend with a V-box. I'll have to see if he still has it and will let me borrow it before he gets his UGR lambo back.

------------------
11.17@132.6

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't you have a Aeroforce scan gauge? You can check the 1/8 and 1/4 performance on that too.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope.

------------------
11.17@132.6

nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope.

OK, it was Boost and Wideband gauge

I recommend one as Formula would be able to monitor KR, Boost, Wideband AFR, perform a case learn, get DTC, and check HP and 1/4 mile times. It just can't print.

BAD AZZ Gauge... ONE GAUGE TO RULE them ALL!

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 02-01-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

OK, it was Boost and Wideband gauge

I recommend one as Formula would be able to monitor KR, Boost, Wideband AFR, perform a case learn, get DTC, and check HP and 1/4 mile times. It just can't print.

BAD AZZ Gauge... ONE GAUGE TO RULE them ALL!

I believe the torque app is more powerful if he has an android device. ELM327 bluethooth is ~$15 and the app is $5.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe the torque app is more powerful if he has an android device. ELM327 bluethooth is ~$15 and the app is $5.

I have an android phone. I'll get torque and was going to buy hp tuners too just to have.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I have an android phone. I'll get torque and was going to buy hp tuners too just to have.

I would prbably just find a dhp laying around if you dont plan on tuning other things... it gives you more options if you ever got to that point.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been considering selling my HPTuners. I'll send you a PM shortly.

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I would prbably just find a dhp laying around if you dont plan on tuning other things... it gives you more options if you ever got to that point.

I don't plan on messing with the tune at all. I mainly just want something that I can change the tire size to correct the speedo/shifts if I ever decide to get a taller or shorter tire.

The local gas station that does have e85 announced that they are phasing it out, so I shouldn't ever need anything more then the 93 tune.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't plan on messing with the tune at all. I mainly just want something that I can change the tire size to correct the speedo/shifts if I ever decide to get a taller or shorter tire.

The local gas station that does have e85 announced that they are phasing it out, so I shouldn't ever need anything more then the 93 tune.

its more about the things you dont expect... DHP is all around better if you dont plan on using it on another car.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

its more about the things you dont expect... DHP is all around better if you dont plan on using it on another car.

cool, I'll keep an eye out for a dhp tuner.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-01-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about when we trade for the mustang to put a turbo on it?

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What about when we trade for the mustang to put a turbo on it?

http://i.imgur.com/MdUCz46.jpg
Mine blew the tires off at 460whp on 13.5" mt et streets (on the track). Should have went bias ply.
Manual transmission stangs are hard to get to hook up.

http://i.imgur.com/2lxe5Wf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DzfPhKP.jpg

edit: changed pictures to links since they were big and off topic

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-02-2013).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cool, I'll keep an eye out for a dhp tuner.

http://www.clubgp.com/newfo...&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet mother of God that is a beautiful turbo setup!

Awesome car!
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a brake bias adjuster. Sadly it doesn't seem to help make boost on the converter. It still makes plenty with the ALS fortunately. The true test will have to be done at the track on sticky pavement. It might not even need much at the line because it responds soooo fast. I does feel like braking is much improved and more balanced to slightly heavy in the rear now. I like it A LOT!.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 02-06-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was the last launch? Was it just the antilag right before you launched?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only did anti lag once in that video. I combined two videos. The last pat of the first segment was with anti-lag. The very last launch in that video was just the foot brake.

The bias adjuster still has more room to turn in but I really don't want to risk locking the rear with drag radials on.

Today was the first time the roads have been dry for while. Just in time for a big snow storm coming tomorrow, ugg. The transmission pan seems to be doing i'ts job. It never got over 160*. It was getting near 200* before.
------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 02-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It built boost really fast on that last run, I actually thought you hit the antilag right before you launched.

This has been a bad winter here for snow and freezing temps. Last winter it barely snowed and this winter it doesn't seem like we had many days where the ground wasn't covered.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys should come down south. We don't really get snow here

Looks like a fantastic cop magnet. Awesome stuff.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 02-07-2013).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much. Took the car to get aligned last week. I gave the shop owner a ride after and he about pooped his pants.

The weather has been crappy and i'm back to work full time. One of these weekends we'll get it on the dyno.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty nice work. im finishing my show car right now i want to make a daily driver more like this now.

you guys are in business for this?
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read thread and watched videos (right there by Mr. Convenience, eh? ), another cool build Makes me love the idea of a turbo 3800 even more, but I want to keep the trunk -_-
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doober:

Read thread and watched videos (right there by Mr. Convenience, eh? ), another cool build Makes me love the idea of a turbo 3800 even more, but I want to keep the trunk -_-

mount the turbo over the transmission. problem solved...

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought... Because bolt-ons don't.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possibly... I don't really have the welding skills to build the manifolds/headers and I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to fork over to have it built, especially with the tight confines of a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Doober (edited 02-20-2013).]

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Possibly... I don't really have the welding skills to build the manifolds/headers and I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to fork over to have it built, especially with the tight confines of a Fiero.

you bought the wrong kind of car...
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love what you have done to your fiero. i live in toledo,ohio...but i was born and raised in flint,mich. i went to answorth h.s. lived near fenton and grand blanc road. i have two gt's. i have a black solid roof 1987 gt with a 5spd. getrag. many body mods. flush mount headlights, warbler extractor hood, camoro wing, mustang scoop,cutstom taillights. mr. mike seats,black carpet,flip-up screen dvd am fm radio. second car is an 88 gt red 5 spd beechwood int. 2000 pontiac firebird radio. i am a member of the michigan fiero club. i started a club in toledo. we call our club the toledo fiero group. i like to see younger guys making fieros there hobby too. best of luck with your beutiful fiero.
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

pretty nice work. im finishing my show car right now i want to make a daily driver more like this now.

you guys are in business for this?

Selectively in busniess for it... We only try to take on projects we have time for and if we are a good match for the owner. Not much for projects where we have no freedoms to do it our way.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trunks are overrated

I think Justin designed his car to be able to add a half a trunk if he wants to. Nosrac has half a trunk too. I didn't need a trunk because I will only use the Fiero for short trips.

Selectively in busniess for it... We only try to take on projects we have time for and if we are a good match for the owner. Not much for projects where we have no freedoms to do it our way.

Let the experts do their thing and you'll get good results

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-21-2013).]

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I never used it to put stuff in I probably wouldn't be so stuck on it
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got 10" of snow last night, spring is never going to come
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to start the paint process here his weekend... i expect it to go failrly easy... i am going to lean twords just painting the gfx and not a full repaint as i do not have the garage space at the time.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Going to start the paint process here his weekend... i expect it to go failrly easy... i am going to lean twords just painting the gfx and not a full repaint as i do not have the garage space at the time.

If you think you can match the bottom of the front bumper with the side skirts, you can paint that part so that I can register it as a classic (need to send pics to the dmv). I'm talking to a shop to paint the whole thing probably next summer, the little things I can fix pretty easy in photoshop so no need to repaint the whole ground effects when it will just be painted over anyway.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never ending winter!

------------------
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Painted today... I ended up with silver 16, not grey 18... Oh well I was looking for some silver for a custom project.. I will try again Tuesday. Luckily I wasted little to no labor, as I caught it before the clear went on. If i am lucky a pint of 18 is cheaper!

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 03-17-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard rumors that the front bumper matches the rest of the car now!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock