Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21919 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

I think that heat shield is a good idea. Not for the heat though. I bet that shield would keep a lot of road crap off the filter making cleanings less frequent.

Ding Ding Ding.....Bingo !!!

Pointless to some .... Useful to others...
IP: Logged
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing to see here, coulda had a V8
BMFB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMFBSend a Private Message to BMFBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea man, would have been cool. 3800's are weak
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah man who would want a Turbo 3800 swap anyways......................I DO I DO I DO!!!! LOL

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Nothing to see here, coulda had a V8

We have speed limits around here...
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

We have speed limits around here...

Coulda used the V8 on one of Pete's cruises in the lehigh valley area

How are you supposed to pull wheelies on the street with a 3800 anyway
BMFB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMFBSend a Private Message to BMFBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nitrous
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added some more pictures to the first post.

and audio clips

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 01-14-2013).]

BMFB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMFBSend a Private Message to BMFBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it does sound like the blazer...
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMFB:

it does sound like the blazer...

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Added some more pictures to the first post.

and audio clips

sounds good, but what's all the white crap on the ground???

PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This looks like BV's motor AFTER he got it back from Whodeanie's, lol.

Nice build, I like the fact that it's not all chromed out or powder coated up.
Chrome don't get you home (or to 10 second 1/4 mile times) Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 01-15-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Nice build, I like the fact that it's not all chromed out or powder coated up.
Chrome don't get you home (or to 10 second 1/4 mile times) Ray

I like the purpose built/used look. I think Justin did a great job executing it

I had a car that everything in the engine bay was completely painted/chromed/polished and it was a pita to keep up with.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 01-15-2013).]

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the BOV need some adjustment or does that style just flutter like that? Build looks great! I like the air bleed on the IC.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 01-15-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Does the BOV need some adjustment or does that style just flutter like that? Build looks great! I like the air bleed on the IC.

There is no adjustment on the BOV. I have a new spring to put in. Right now it stays open at idle. I think it sounds like that because of the way I was moving the gas pedal. My feet kept wanting to shift like a manual. I've never driven an auto fiero before.

Tires came!

------------------
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My feet kept wanting to shift like a manual.

I cringed watching the video more than a few times....
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Idk why you say that. I wasn't giving it any power. Tires are mounted. Let's get some road turning going...

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait until you go back to your car now and accidentally no lift shift it a few times.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was that a curb at 1:25 in the last video????

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

Was that a curb at 1:25 in the last video????

Wut? The whole subdivision area is curbs.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the car will only make maybe 1psi of boost on the brake before it starts to push the front tires. With antilag it will make at least 12psi, maybe more. It wasn't even trying to push the tires. Did a bit of tuning tonight. It feels pretty fast on 14psi.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 01-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So the car will only make maybe 1psi of boost on the brake before it starts to push the front tires. With antilag it will make at least 12psi, maybe more. It wasn't even trying to push the tires. Did a bit of tuning tonight. It feels pretty fast on 14psi.

What RPM is it stalling @ with NO antilag?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

What RPM is it stalling @ with NO antilag?

about the same as mine, but Justin doesnt really know how to push it and he wouldnt let me drive it. I expect it could make 2 psi without it... but full boost comes in at 4500 or so anyway so its enough lag to stay on the threshold of traction in this 20 degree weather. Antilag in the summer will be enough to smoke the drag radials from a stop... so I dont really know why anyone cares what "no antilag" does.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

he wouldnt let me drive it.

LOL...I wonder why?

so I dont really know why anyone cares what "no antilag" does.

I would like to know the ACTUAL stall RPM of the TQ converter in a FIERO.
So I can make my decisions on real world performance data rather than spec sheets.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I can make my decisions on real world performance data rather than spec sheets.

I didn't pay attention. Next time I'm driving it i'll see what it does.

Having a problem with the TCC lock up right now. At cruise the rpm fluctuates up and down. Any ideas?

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 01-17-2013).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having a problem with the TCC lock up right now. At cruise the rpm fluctuates up and down. Any ideas?

My car did the same thing after I got it on the road years back with the 3K stall. It was in the tune as it was tuned out. Of course I have no clue what was changed but that will give u a start.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have said it a BILLION times... Even if you could stall at 4000 rpms it isnt going to create insane crazy spool.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Antilag in the summer will be enough to smoke the drag radials from a stop... so I dont really know why anyone cares what "no antilag" does.

Going to need some bfgoodrich prius tires for summer!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have said it a BILLION times... Even if you could stall at 4000 rpms it isnt going to create insane crazy spool.

Correct, I used the wrong term what I was meaning was boost threshold RPM.

I am still trying to decide if I should keep the stock converter or go with the 3K stall.

I ASSUMED a higher stall, .68AR housing, and better flowing heads would give me ~3psi at the line.

Right NOW I can't get any PSI at the line. I may go for better brake pads too.

I really don't want 10+PSI at the line as I DO NOT want to break my stock trans.

Can you limit the PSI with anti lag? I had the dual stage boost controller but sold it to Formula so that option is out....
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Correct, I used the wrong term what I was meaning was boost threshold RPM.

I am still trying to decide if I should keep the stock converter or go with the 3K stall.

I ASSUMED a higher stall, .68AR housing, and better flowing heads would give me ~3psi at the line.

I really don't want 10+PSI at the line as I DO NOT want to break my stock trans.

Can you limit the PSI with anti lag? I had the dual stage boost controller but sold it to Formula so that option is out....

A boost controller is still not going to "limit" launching boost, you can only set boost as low as your base spring pressure (usually at least 10). Antilag builds pretty slow so if you just go when you want to you can "launch" on whatever you want to launch on. With a stock converter it will probably march up at 1psi per second or so... This car goes from 0-10 in about 1.5 seconds.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I assume the TCC settings. Do you have higher line pressure on cruise tables?

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

My car did the same thing after I got it on the road years back with the 3K stall. It was in the tune as it was tuned out. Of course I have no clue what was changed but that will give u a start.

Is it still doing it after the mini tuning session we had? I though it was driving better but I don't think the tune completely fixed the issue.
I know you were throwing trans errors but I am NOT sure what was causing them. I'm sure I can figure it out IF I can play around with the various settings and see how they respond.
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't want to put such a small wastegate spring in to make something like that work with the boost controller.

You can just adjust the negative timing to make it build boost slower and easier to control with your right foot.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've read on a few forums to get worse brake pads, the racing ones need heated up to work properly. The cheap ones work better at colder temps (like at the drag strip). I've never tested this but it makes sense, I always see the shiny racing ones and get those

I had the dual stage boost controller but sold it to Formula so that option is out....

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Antilag builds pretty slow so if you just go when you want to you can "launch" on whatever you want to launch on. With a stock converter it will probably march up at 1psi per second or so... This car goes from 0-10 in about 1.5 seconds.

Anti-lag sure solves the lag problem but "HOW" it works makes me feel uneasy. I guess I just need to man up....LOL

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anti-lag sure solves the lag problem but "HOW" it works makes me feel uneasy. I guess I just need to man up....LOL

A little heat on the exhaust valves never hurt anyone.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had something similar on my mustang. Instead of negative timing it cut spark completely. It acted more like launch control though because it was supercharged (but people say they build boost off the line with a turbo using them).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6V8k-2kkk

It was neat because it would also cut spark in between shifts (it was a standard) so that it pretty much cut torque and you could no lift shift without killing the transmission. It was called the n2mb box. Lots of mustang people use them.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 01-17-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little heat on the exhaust valves never hurt anyone.

Stock, SI, ZZP, or Manley valves? All valves are NOT created equal.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stock, SI, ZZP, or Manley valves? All valves are NOT created equal.

Magnesium

------------------
11.17@132.6

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Magnesium

LOL! I'd love to see that!
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wut? The whole subdivision area is curbs.

Looks like you ran the curb at that point, the camera shifted.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock