Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21937 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I drop mine off? I ency you 3800 turbo guys. Nice job

I'd be more then happy to sell my rebuilt trans and what not to do this to mine

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl...
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

IP: Logged
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stock wingstands
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think wingless is winning. Such hard decisions...

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got the same closed mouth chin. But I am going to add the trunk lip spoiler as well. I think it is missing something on the back without it.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:
But I am going to add the trunk lip spoiler as well.

Bingo we have a winner here. IMO fastbacks look best with a lip spoiler.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still working on it...

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 09-14-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keeping it out of the archive, only a few more months until racing season!

I'm thinking about buying an 87-88 coupe and switching the body out and making it look like a Formula. I change my mind too much...
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make it look like an 84 base coupe!!! DOOOOO IT!!! That would make ya some $$$ in certain "circles"....

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-15-2014).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

keeping it out of the archive, only a few more months until racing season!

I'm thinking about buying an 87-88 coupe and switching the body out and making it look like a Formula. I change my mind too much...

I would glady take your money if you were closer... I am always jealous of my car buddies that give their "builder guy" half their paycheck every week like a crack addict....

I have a nice coupe body I would love to trade bodies with!
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I would glady take your money if you were closer... I am always jealous of my car buddies that give their "builder guy" half their paycheck every week like a crack addict....

I have a nice coupe body I would love to trade bodies with!

Luckily fieros are so cheap, you could build a fleet of them for the price of 1 new sports car lol.

I'm leaning towards keeping the aero body now, I looked at an 87 coupe today and it didn't look better then what I have (to me).
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is the "anti-lag" setup? does the momentary switch just interrupt the IAT sensor or does it actually go through a resistor? is the PCM just programed to not report any IAT codes? and how much timing are you pulling for anti-lag? Thanks for any input.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

How is the "anti-lag" setup? does the momentary switch just interrupt the IAT sensor or does it actually go through a resistor? is the PCM just programed to not report any IAT codes? and how much timing are you pulling for anti-lag? Thanks for any input.

Its just a IAT interrupter. There are timing tables that use the IAT sensor. The way this car is set up it's normally an open circuit. There is no input from the air sensor so the PCM reads it as -39*(?) All normal timing is based on that temperature. When the switch is activated it closes the circuit and you get an actually air temp reading. So anything above -39* will switch to the "antilag" table. We started at -14 (max I believe) and it seemed happiest at -6 timing. At -14 it didn't want to load up the converter easily. It can be done either way but this way if the IAT sensor fails for some reason the car won't be put into negative timing making it undrivable. Can't remember if DH removed an IAT code or not.

I have my car at -14 but since it's a manual there it is never loaded below 2500 rpm when antilaging. When unloaded (neutral) I can make positive pressure and the turbo will start screaming. (I'm a ricer/show off at heart) When roll racing on the highway I can hit the antilag switch making full boost while maintaining the agreed upon starting speed without using my brakes. When I let go of that button magical things happen. Some people 'brake boost' achieving a similar effect but I get a better "launch" from the antilag.

Formula - you need to update this thread from your last track visit

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 05-06-2014).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IAT code has to be removed for best operation. If it throws a code strange things happen. If you used a resistor it should work without having to remove the code..... Removing the code was always the easier option lol.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-06-2014).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:
Formula - you need to update this thread from your last track visit

10.7@131.5!

I'm pretty happy with the body now, just need to get more plastidip

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 05-07-2014).]

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much boost? Nice MPH, easy low 10s with a better 60'. Congrats.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad I put the RonCo all weather tune on this car.. set it and forget it!

I was surprised how well that car liked 93 octane up over 22psi. What boost was the 131 pass on?

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Glad I put the RonCo all weather tune on this car.. set it and forget it!

I was surprised how well that car liked 93 octane up over 22psi. What boost was the 131 pass on?

21psi

Launched at 3psi off the anti-lag (1/4 throttle), it dead hooked and took off. I could definetly cut down the 60' some, but I'm pretty happy with how it did.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

How much boost? Nice MPH, easy low 10s with a better 60'. Congrats.

Yeah...about those low 60's though...

------------------
10.91@133.1

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mph doesn't win races, unless you race a supra lol. I compete with my car heads up, so ET is important, but yeah, it's hard on parts...

I ran mid 1.5 60' times for years with the M90, on a 7/8" chain and 4340 input shaft. Broke 1 input sprag with the M90. Turbo setup 60' harder than the m90 does, and that's where the issues have been. 1.55-1.60 probably isn't going to hurt much. If boost was kept low for the first second of the run it would probably live. I have only been breaking stuff since I got more aggressive with the boost ramp (ie below 2 seconds). Ran 1.49 60 with boost going from ~5 psi to 19 in 2.2 seconds. Breakages have been with boost coming in in under 3/4 second. I will probably be backing that down to around 1 to 1.2 seconds and see how it responds.

[This message has been edited by LFiero67 (edited 05-07-2014).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I took it to my friends house today, and now It's one color again!

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 05-17-2014).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you guys know who makes the braket that connects the shift cable to the trans ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Justinbart:

Exhaust

PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one in that picture came with the car and it was terrible. It was an over complicated flipper system. I ended up making something different. I think someone does make the proper bracket though.

I think the cable end melted and formula had to replace the cable and add some heat shielding. Right?

------------------
10.91@133.1

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 09-10-2014).]

CTfieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTfieroGTSend a Private Message to CTfieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this thread made me sell all my supercharged stuff ive been collecting and start buying an auto trans bought the turbo adaptor etc
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

The one in that picture came with the car and it was terrible. It was an over complicated flipper system. I ended up making something different. I think someone does make the proper bracket though.

I think the cable end melted and formula had to replace the cable and add some heat shielding. Right?

I replaced it with a wcf cable with metal ends.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-21-2015).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart and DH stage 2?
Catch the next season:
pr0j3c1 drunk3n turbo 3800 76k mile guru wheelie machine
this summer!

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-21-2015).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
10.91@133.1

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock