Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21937 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also never broke a bone stock 4T60 when I was running 1.7 60'. 1.5 and lower is a whole new world, it's hard on parts.

Both times that I broke a input sprag (once M90, once turbo) was my own fault, trying things. I broke a ZZP 4340 input shaft that is only rated at 450hp, and was probably making well over 500whp at the time(20 or so lbs) and spun and then hooked. Both times I've stretched the 7/8" chain have had extenuating circumstances as well. Hopefully, now that I have everything fairly well dialed in, I can make it through a summer without hurting the transmission. If I had a 1" chain I would be just about certian that it would hold together, as everything else has been relatively bullet proof, (but not dummy proof).

I've seen your videos, your car is not stable at speed.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

IP: Logged
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you think this car has ever wheel hopped?

When did you ever run better than a 1.7 60'?

I've had to beg you to put seat time into tuning it. I know you think you are just too awesome to flash it more than once.

I told you from the start that I wasn't going to take on the project unless I had the lead and did it my way. So there is no confusion there.

The call out must have his a sore spot.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-16-2013).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

I've seen your videos, your car is not stable at speed.

No videos exist of my car with the bias ply setup. Any video out there is a video of radials still.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by Justinbart:

When did you ever run better than a 1.7 60'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524GMEXvqLk

3 minute mark.. Exhaust leak no nitrous no spinning no wheel hop brakes sucked
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trouble with the bromance? Are you guys seriously going to trash your own build like this? I joked about it before but I feel bad for formula now. Well, at least you're consistent.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 04-16-2013).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just keep the good stuff flyin.... I'd ditch my lsd trans and both blowers to be in your guys spots. Get us more videos when you can

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.9@110... 13.0@113 wtf?
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would $100 be worth your time?

------------------
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Trouble with the bromance? Are you guys seriously going to trash your own build like this? I joked about it before but I feel bad for formula now. Well, at least you're consistent.

The sh!t talking started months ago on this, sadly now he has to bring it into the thread (never understood the modivations on this). I said more than once yesterday I wanted nothing to do with racing it.

I can easily say that nothing will carry over from this mess I have had to deal with to formula's car, I have spared nothing making sure to the best of my ability I have done a good job...Just at a MUCH larger cost to myself than I had ever anticipated. I have been severely limited but I have made due and the results were subpar for those reasons. I do apologize in advance as much of the actual tuning is going to be done after the car leaves Michigan due to my limited access to it now.

Any other projects of mine in the future are going to be done completely in house at my shop, and I exepect to have room opening up here at the end of the year.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who wants to build my own 3800 Turbo/auto swap?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Get a two for one going
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Get a two for one going

And maybe the 3'rd could be free.
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

The sh!t talking started months ago on this, sadly now he has to bring it into the thread (never understood the modivations on this). I said more than once yesterday I wanted nothing to do with racing it.

I can easily say that nothing will carry over from this mess I have had to deal with to formula's car, I have spared nothing making sure to the best of my ability I have done a good job...Just at a MUCH larger cost to myself than I had ever anticipated. I have been severely limited but I have made due and the results were subpar for those reasons. I do apologize in advance as much of the actual tuning is going to be done after the car leaves Michigan due to my limited access to it now.

Any other projects of mine in the future are going to be done completely in house at my shop, and I exepect to have room opening up here at the end of the year.

I can say from experience that a build thread and even a project can go south with enough drama. You guys will learn from this and it will serve you in the form of you making better decisions for yourself in the future.
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

I still think they did a good job and would recommend them to others

Now I just need to get it down here to go mess with some Mustangs

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 04-17-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got an outside the car video at the drag strip. Infamous wheel hop proof video. This is right after the track official had a talk with me so I launched extra hard and spun.

Lol I think the announcer said "rare car"

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-18-2013).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally got an outside the car video at the drag strip. Infamous wheel hop proof video. This is right after the track official had a talk with me so I launched extra hard and spun.

Lol I think the announcer said "rare car"

Need bigger burn out..Spinning aint winning...But then again no spin equals breaking **** ...

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be over the moon if my car ran within 1.5 seconds of that. Well done.

I assume DH was a no show, eh?
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2013 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I'd be over the moon if my car ran within 1.5 seconds of that. Well done.

I assume DH was a no show, eh?

I think he videotaped it. This was with the 3500 converter.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When are you getting the car back?
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

When are you getting the car back?

Last time I talked to DH it was looking like May 4th.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

Last time I talked to DH it was looking like May 4th.

at the latest, can come back any sunday before then.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

at the latest, can come back any sunday before then.

This coming up sunday is the only sunday before then. If that works better for you then it works for me too. I'll send a pm.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

It would be sweet.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got it back!

It has been raining all day so I couldn't get on it very much, but I did find a dry patch and it is very very fast!

Thanks to Justin and Scott for doing a great job and building a very solid car!
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just got it back!

It has been raining all day so I couldn't get on it very much, but I did find a dry patch and it is very very fast!

Thanks to Justin and Scott for doing a great job and building a very solid car!

Have fun and get some more video!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats and enjoy!!

Looking forward to seeing it on one of Pete's cruises if you can make it, I'd love to drool all over this car

Its more of a trip for you than I thought, then again people come from Michigan/ South Carolina so no biggie

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 04-28-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New boost controller - NORGREN R07-100-RGAA

loaded up for the trip back

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was planning on taking it out for a longer drive tonight but I now have a meeting from 5:30 - 9:30

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 05-02-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took it to a car show this afternoon and I heard someone say "woah, a stock fiero!". My wife thought that was funny. This was the farthest that I drove it and it is still running really well. I've only really ran from first into second hard once and it pulls like crazy. I do like rolling into the throttle in first and letting off to make the bov sneeze.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and its got plenty left in it up there at 20+ psi.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the local flashlight drags (1/8th mile at airport, not timed) yesterday and ran:

diesel truck - I thought I left early or that he wasn't racing. I think I won by about an 1/8th mile...

1st gen white dsm - He treed me by about a second and I did manage to catch up and pass him, it was close though. He ended up winning top tuner (I was top street).

1st gen black dsm - he said he blew his maf line off, so I won by default

99-04 black Mustang GT with kenne belle and forged internals - was a really nice car but he couldn't get traction. I'm not sure how much I won by.

kenne belle black gt500 -I won by a few cars - its hard to tell because I was watching ahead and forgot my gopro.

black GTR with mods - first race he spun off the launch and I won pretty easily, 2nd race his transmission went into limp mode so he let off, 3rd race he got traction and we were neck and neck, he ended up barely out powering me at the end.

7 wins, 1 loss (3rd/4th place - tied with another car that lost in the semi finals)

Next time I think I can use antilag and launch harder (was launching at 0psi) and I'll run the open exhaust to pick up some top end power. The Fiero was definitely a fan favorite, people came up to me afterwards and said it was the most fun they've had watching the flashlight drags.

I'm waiting for videos to show up on a local forum, hopefully they start popping up this week.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 05-06-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still on 16psi ?
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still on 16psi ?

It's still set on what it was when you guys dropped it off. I was trying to watch the a/f more than boost. I'll watch it next time I drive it. I assumed it was on 20.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 05-06-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99

Here is one vs. the diesel. Nothing else has shown up yet.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's still set on what it was when you guys dropped it off. I was trying to watch the a/f more than boost. I'll watch it next time I drive it. I assumed it was on 20.

someone turned it all the way down before it was loaded on the trailer.....
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

someone turned it all the way down before it was loaded on the trailer.....

i downloaded torque and ordered the dongle to test it. Its hard looking at the gauges when this thing is accelerating.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i downloaded torque and ordered the dongle to test it. Its hard looking at the gauges when this thing is accelerating.

Yes you really need to tell yourself to look at them before you hit the gas. I'm the same way in my car, it's tough. I'm more worried about keeping the car straight than looking at the gauges. I think it was at 16psi or 17psi when we dropped it off.

------------------
11.17@132.6

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its hard looking at the gauges when this thing is accelerating.

LOL, don't do that. You should have a alert light, beep or something when KR, temp,etc reaches a certain point.

You LOG the data and review after the run.

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes you really need to tell yourself to look at them before you hit the gas. I'm the same way in my car, it's tough. I'm more worried about keeping the car straight than looking at the gauges. I think it was at 16psi or 17psi when we dropped it off.

Cool, I'll have to turn it up some for next month. I probably could have won with a little more power.

Does torque let you set alerts? I just installed it, but my bluetooth dongle is on the way so i cant do much with it.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by nosrac:

LOL, don't do that. You should have a alert light, beep or something when KR, temp,etc reaches a certain point.

You LOG the data and review after the run.

That's what I'm thinking, it's hard enough making sure your pointed in the right direction.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock